Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,290 members, 7,818,985 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? (21824 Views)

Pastor Chris Warns Comedians: Don't Joke With Men Of God! / Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards / Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by lomprico(m): 11:59am On Dec 15, 2013
AbbeySOM: There is nothing bad in having bodyguards... Read the GOSPEL part of the bible... At some occassions Jesus' disciples acted like one... E.g Baltemeaus, woman with d issue of blood...
I have been seeing posts like this. Peter, james n john being a bodyguards and now this. Are u telling us that ur pastors are now equivallent to Jesus Christ?

1 Like

Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by rodeo0070(m): 12:09pm On Dec 15, 2013
Hmmmm...

Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Olanireti(m): 12:12pm On Dec 15, 2013
D disciples of Jesus were more of a bodyguards. In fact, dey were with weapons. Didnt Peter cut d ear of one of d soldiers dat came to take Jesus?
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by dailywealth1967: 12:14pm On Dec 15, 2013
why u dey cal dem bodyguards.i no see dem hold AK47 or pistols o
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Olanireti(m): 12:15pm On Dec 15, 2013
lomprico:
I have been seeing posts like this. Peter, james n john being a bodyguards and now this. Are u telling us that ur pastors are now equivallent to Jesus Christ?
Didnt Jesus say as Father sent Him, so He sent us? Is Jesus nt our mentor? So y cnt we be like Him?
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by anonimi: 12:20pm On Dec 15, 2013
For those who may have forgotten about the 14 years unpaid salary to the church musician:

https://www.nairaland.com/1126937/man-sues-chris-okotie-owing

2 Likes

Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by stagger: 12:22pm On Dec 15, 2013
frosbel:

Only the wicked who have something to hide have bodyguards, Jesus never had any body guards.

And it is hilarious that these so called (more like self appointed) MOG have faith to heal all diseases ( in theory ) but no faith in the ability of God to protect them, lol.

Fake lot they all are !!!

Did you ever read the portion of the bible where the disciples answered Jesus: "lo. here are two swords..." LUKE 22 verse 38. WHAT WAS THE RESPONSE OF JESUS?

And did you also recollect what Peter did to one of those who came to arrest Jesus? Sliced the bagger's ear off..

Your bigotry has made you lose complete focus. Men of God are allowed to have bodyguards for protection. As long as they do not harass people and are used strictly as a rapid response force when the physical safety of the preacher is in jeopardy, they are ok.

As a final note, perhaps you should explain to us why God Himself planted a cherub and a flaming sword that could turn 360 degrees to guard the garden of Eden when Adam was chased out. He could as well have left the place unguarded, not so?

And can you also explain how people like David had an army, as well as bodyguards including a certain Abishai who came to his rescue when a giant from the lineage of the Philistine giants almost killed him (2 SAMUEL 21 verse 15 - 17)?

Stop reading your bible upside down!
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by vikinatius(m): 12:23pm On Dec 15, 2013
ayili:
are you comparing pastor to Jesus?
not rili a comparison but hear the word 'christains'(christ-like). We ought to be like our master Jesus.
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by quivah(f): 12:25pm On Dec 15, 2013
Gombs:

shocked shocked
CHaaaaaaaaaai
Jesus was involved with the Roman Government?.. Mo gbe o

grin grin
You see illiteracy

Lool oyah read the bolded again .. and differentiate between 'involve in' and 'involve with'...

I even capitalized the prepositions oo ..as if I knew you won't get the diff smh!

1 Like

Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by vikinatius(m): 12:29pm On Dec 15, 2013
The word security is wrong, in the Godly aspect it is known as followers. God guides and protect, He will not let his servants to fall in the hands of the enemies. It is clear in the scripture right from the time of moses as i can remember that they never had securities but followers. Securitiy personnels aren't necessary for MOG.
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by stagger: 12:32pm On Dec 15, 2013
And mr Frosbel,

I have asked you this question again.

a) Do you lock your doors at night with padlock? Why not leave it wide open? Afterall, angels are on guard not so?
b) Why not leave you car open with the keys inside and put a bold inscription: touch not?
c) Do you have any locks on any of your house doors?
d) Why not leave your ATM card and the PIN boldly where it can be accessed by anyone? Afterall, God is there to protect it.

When you start making your analogies that are bereft of commonsense, look at your own life. You are the one who is a fake!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by quivah(f): 12:35pm On Dec 15, 2013
Gombs: If the disciples were purely for a spiritual purpose, to spread the message of Jesus there is no reason why they shouldn't have been female disciples. No? Or u wanna say Jesus was discriminatory?

Peter once said to Jesus when Jesus said He was going to die.. Peter said not on his watch, not while he is alive... He was immediately rebuked by Jesus

Why did peter say that? We both know Peter didn't mean he was gonna die in Jesus' place. It points to the fact that Peter don tey wen him dey waka around with him sword. The man peter knows the jews had made attempts on Jesus' life.

Anyways, I guess my point is made, and no be by force for folks to accept it.

Happy thanksgiving y'all.

*unfollows thread
And at this point I regret going into an argument with you..

What has bodyguards and disciples gotta do with why Jesus dint pick women ??
Mind you women were part of the 500 brethrens.. even the 120 dude!!
But there are certain criterias/reasons used in electing the 12 and 3.. and so unfortunately no woman was among .. I used to think you are intelligent!

With your post ,do you mean to say Jesus actually picked the 12 coz of protection?
The disciples were purely for spiritual deals. But problems are definitely going to occur coz there are parties who were against Jesus ..(this is were my "wasn't Jesus involved WITH the government" question you failed to understand came in)..
so in times of the disagreements,human defense is bound to occur! And that was what peter did then.. capishe?..

Didn't Jesus corrected peter with what he did?! Don't you think there would be no corrections if peter was actually a bodyguard! After all,that's job no matter how fierce?!

No more arguing with you.. take care
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by quivah(f): 12:36pm On Dec 15, 2013
stagger: And mr Frosbel,

a) Do you lock your doors at night with padlock? Why not leave it wide open? Afterall, angels are on guard not so?
b) Why not leave you car open with the keys inside and put a bold inscription: touch not?
d) Why not leave your ATM card and the PIN boldly where it can be accessed by anyone? Afterall, God is there to protect it.

When you start making your analogies that are bereft of commonsense, look at your own life. You are the one who is a fake!

Chai!! Questions some Christians ask sha!!

Smh
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Originalsly: 12:38pm On Dec 15, 2013
Joagbaje: Security is just a simple common sense. If a man of God feel the need of measures in the face of robbery , assassin or kidnappers , he is free to take such measure according to his level of faith.
Whatever happen to "put on the armour of God?" According to your defense...security according to level of faith...less faith more security/more faith less security....doesn't this show that this self appointed/anointed MOG Has little faith in the ability of God to protect him from whatever evil may be lurking? "O ye of little faith"...how can a man of little faith be a shepherd? Bro...you have every right to disregard everything in the Bible and believe in your pastor...you are not alone...but just don't try to justify whatever he does as being right for a Christian.
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by maluyi77(m): 1:07pm On Dec 15, 2013
Example

Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Adaeze18(f): 1:18pm On Dec 15, 2013
Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: """and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one""".
For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end.
And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by manjiggy(m): 1:19pm On Dec 15, 2013
For a Pastor to use bodyguards in churc means he doesn't trust his congregation. You should infer from that.
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Orikinla(m): 1:25pm On Dec 15, 2013
Yes.

Abraham was a man of God and he had bodyguards.
King David, son of Jesse was a man of God and he had bodyguards.

Pastors and other ministers of God can have bodyguards.
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Mickyboiz: 1:31pm On Dec 15, 2013
Letme ask u sum questns, Y must pastor a man of God afraid of death? If any pastor hire body guard cos of assasination,dat min say he handiwork no clean
Joagbaje: Security is just a simple common sense. Certain measure may be taken when there's security concern . It is simple common sense. Jesus took security measures when such need arose . Paul took security measures when such need arose . If a man of God feel the need of measures in the face of robbery , assassin or kidnappers , he is free to take such measure according to his level of faith. That doesn't take away prayers. Because after all theses measures have been taken . We don't put faith in them . Safety is still by God. But the physical measures cAn prevent some evil
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by lomprico(m): 1:35pm On Dec 15, 2013
Olanireti: Didnt Jesus say as Father sent Him, so He sent us? Is Jesus nt our mentor? So y cnt we be like Him?
Did Jesus contest in elections? did he support divorce? Did he buy jets? If u want to b like Jesus, be like him in totality not just copy d parts dat suits u. Hypocrite!
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Tinyemeka(m): 1:37pm On Dec 15, 2013
I may not be pure of heart but I really pity people who still go to that man's church.
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by lomprico(m): 1:40pm On Dec 15, 2013
stagger: And mr Frosbel,

Anybody thsat does all wat u've just said is very stewpid! God did not create us to b stewpid! He gave u a brain, use it!
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by GeneralShepherd(m): 1:43pm On Dec 15, 2013
mancheeutd:

You must be very stwepid if you think everybody is insensitive as you are you stwepid gay.g FYI I wasn't addressing the issue to you can burn in hell for all I care you being an atheist is none of my business I was addressing alfa n he should please let PEACE reing we are tied of this religious bigotry.

If only you weren't blinded by religious rage you'ld know Alfa is an atheistic satanist.

Calm down on the rage before you behead me like your muslim cousins

Also when you are not reading the bible,I suggest you take some English classes. Your writing skills are horrible friendly advice

Have a great day
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by lomprico(m): 1:50pm On Dec 15, 2013
Orikinla: Yes.

Abraham was a man of God and he had bodyguards.
King David, son of Jesse was a man of God and he had bodyguards.

Pastors and other ministers of God can have bodyguards.
Did Abraham n David go about preaching salvation David was a king! Weather he likes it or not he must protected because he is a king! Abraham was a very rich man n also almost held d position as a king (in his own right) so can afford to be guarded(even though I dint see any part were it was written he has bodyguards) the point is dat there were not prechers but only men that served God well. The person u can compare ur mog to is someone like elijah who face jezebell with her army without even a stick, all he did was call on God and fire came down. Why can't ur fake pastors be like Elijah?
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Dantedasz(m): 2:00pm On Dec 15, 2013
To nost men of God, the church is an enterprise, a business and a means to get rich.
They don't believe in the Bible or following the foot steps of Christ. Christ and the Bible are just tools they employ to enrich themselves at the expense of the gullible members of their church.
A multi billion Naira business needs to be protected and hence the pastor as the face of the multi billion corporation/conglomerate which is the church needs to be protected hence the body gaurd (s).
Okotie, has always been an ultimate show man/business man since he dropped out of the university to pursue music and when music was no longer profitable he dropped it and became the ultimate show boating pastorprenuer. In between this he was also able to write a fictitious book,(The last outcast), contest for the presidency twice (even though he knew he couldn't win) , wage a war against his competitors such as T.B Joshua and Chris Oyakhilome and recently the Pope and the catholic church. He has also managed to get himself divorced twice, while being linked to half the women in his church.
Like I said it is all about the business and if Christ and the Bible will help to expand the empire, Then preach on pastor!
Funny how these pastorprenuers preach about the glory of heaven, yet they are scared to go there.

1 Like

Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by freestuv: 2:03pm On Dec 15, 2013
KwoiZabo: I now know that this joagbaje is a greedy, money thiefing tithe collecting, fraudulent man of god.
Jesus had enemies because he spoke the truth about sabbath, religious rights, tithes etc (Matt 21:45, Matt 23:13 etc) which the Pharisees and Sadducees like you are not comfortable with but he did not use security to protect himself.

Jesus escaped being lynched by murderers miraculously, God protected him because his time was not yet come when the time was right they arrested him and killed him.

Paul suffered robbery just as everybody would because he was doing God's work. The work of God reduced him from a lawyer to a tent maker but today's pastors (which i know you are one of them) go from unemployed to millionaires.

The sword peter was carrying was not to fight it was part of what they carried as they moved about that's why when peter used it wrongly Jesus told him that 'he that lives by the sword...' (Matt 26:52)

Security info or not Matt 26:55 clearly states that Jesus never carried any security. ' Are you come out as against a thief with swords and staves to take me? i sat daily with you teaching in the temple, and ye laid no hold on me.' that tells you how simple Jesus lived his life. NO BODY GUARD

Finally, Jesus said in Luke 12:4 & 5 - And i say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, ... but he that can kill the body and cast the soul in HELL.

A word is enough for the sagacious
kindly give answere to my question...what is peter doing with a sword in the first place when he;s not a soldier? This is similar to okotie's bodygaurd holding a rifle....
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by osimataylor(m): 2:06pm On Dec 15, 2013
The issue is that when you become too materialistic you begin to fear the unknown.As the saying goes if you smear your self with shit flies will be attracted to you.These so call men of God are so much in love with money and goodlife.They are afraid of death which of course is a necessity to go to heaven.its an irony that they claim holiness.
Long years of military dictatorship might be another reason.They see the military style and its associated ego as worth copying.
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by freestuv: 2:09pm On Dec 15, 2013
KwoiZabo: I now know that this joagbaje is a greedy, money thiefing tithe collecting, fraudulent man of god.
Jesus had enemies because he spoke the truth about sabbath, religious rights, tithes etc (Matt 21:45, Matt 23:13 etc) which the Pharisees and Sadducees like you are not comfortable with but he did not use security to protect himself.

Jesus escaped being lynched by murderers miraculously, God protected him because his time was not yet come when the time was right they arrested him and killed him.

Paul suffered robbery just as everybody would because he was doing God's work. The work of God reduced him from a lawyer to a tent maker but today's pastors (which i know you are one of them) go from unemployed to millionaires.

The sword peter was carrying was not to fight it was part of what they carried as they moved about that's why when peter used it wrongly Jesus told him that 'he that lives by the sword...' (Matt 26:52)

Security info or not Matt 26:55 clearly states that Jesus never carried any security. ' Are you come out as against a thief with swords and staves to take me? i sat daily with you teaching in the temple, and ye laid no hold on me.' that tells you how simple Jesus lived his life. NO BODY GUARD

Finally, Jesus said in Luke 12:4 & 5 - And i say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, ... but he that can kill the body and cast the soul in HELL.

A word is enough for the sagacious
kindly give answere to my question...what is peter doing with a sword in the first place when he;s not a soldier? This is similar to okotie's bodygaurd holding a rifle....
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Gottie: 2:24pm On Dec 15, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]Not bad
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Michaelgreg08(m): 2:31pm On Dec 15, 2013
Its not bad, buh d idea of having too many calls for question...
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by rhames(m): 3:05pm On Dec 15, 2013
Because most of them dont actually believe firmly in God. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Matter And Mind / Apostle Suleman Donates N1m To A Baby Who Lost His Mother After Delivery(pics) / Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.