Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,287 members, 7,815,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

Dating Older Guy Is A Bad Idea, read the story Whats Your Opinion - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating Older Guy Is A Bad Idea, read the story Whats Your Opinion (5373 Views)

Ladies, Have You Gone Out On A Date With A Much Older Guy? / Younger Men Dating Older Women - Reasons / Ten Great Things About Dating Older Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dating Older Guy Is A Bad Idea, read the story Whats Your Opinion by whiteroses(f): 1:14am On Jul 30, 2008
i'll generally advice that girls should stay away from older men, they are usually up to no good and wants to make advantage of younger girls, or what do you think, i have a friend dating a guy called dekunle, eight years older than her and shes 20, i thought it was a bad idea but we later talked over it and he seems to love her so much and we didnt suspect anything, until we were told that he's just playing her that he has a girlfriend, she was sad but didnt confront him but few days later i don't know what came over us maybe we watch too many movies but i suggested we stalk her and terrorise her to warn her to stay away lol, in the end someone told us who the girl was and where to find her, so last wednesday it was fairly sunny and we were ready to face her, as we got to her house we waited outside hoping she'll come out, that was when she stepped out of her car and she approached us and we asked of tosin and she said she was tosin, sheesh we didnt know what to say, oh my days she was older, beautiful, classy and proffesionally looking, lets just say she was everything we are not and worst of all she had a car, she said where are we from and we lied and said we are dekunle's cousin's and came to say hi since we had nothing to do and have never met her, she was like oh goody my future sisters in-law bla bla,  it was the lowest thing ever so we left, my friend stopped answering his call, i'm sure she told him and he must have think my friends crazy   embarassed embarassed embarassed  embarassed i think girls should stay away from older guys or has anyone tried it did it work? i still can't beleive what happened till now, we were just starring at her like booboo the fools  embarassed
Re: Dating Older Guy Is A Bad Idea, read the story Whats Your Opinion by whiteroses(f): 1:20am On Jul 30, 2008
i mean we had to lie that the guy we thought we were coming to fight over was our cousin, its like i was dreaming
Re: Dating Older Guy Is A Bad Idea, read the story Whats Your Opinion by Nobody: 1:22am On Jul 30, 2008
My first guy was 8 years older than me and yes he did saw me as the naive girl he could take advantage of. Still don't know how I managed to survive him as I was so lost in him. So much that I was ready to wait for him all my life.

Point is at the end of the day he saw me as a little girl. He wanted to define my life and future to make his brighter. I don't think he ever loved me but then I fell for his words and attention.

Now I go for guys who are fairly older than me. I have never had this thing for guys my age or younger. A couple of years more has always seemed better to me!
Re: Dating Older Guy Is A Bad Idea, read the story Whats Your Opinion by desmondtut(m): 1:38am On Jul 30, 2008
Yea u gurls are rite but 2 me i cant do sumtin like dat.Rite nw im single cos my gf broke up wit me datin a sugar daddy nw but 2 me im lookin 4 a gurl dat wil luv me d way i luv so if any gurl out der wnt 2 make me feel happy again so just give me a cal on dis nu 08054118757 and 08064915973 so cal me nw.
Re: Dating Older Guy Is A Bad Idea, read the story Whats Your Opinion by Nobody: 1:39am On Jul 30, 2008
To be frank, the story does not call for the sweeping generalization. Just another male LovePeddler on the loose, nothing new.
Re: Dating Older Guy Is A Bad Idea, read the story Whats Your Opinion by Nobody: 1:39am On Jul 30, 2008
desmondtut:

Yea u girls are rite but 2 me i can't do sumtin like that.Rite nw im single because my girlfriend broke up wit me datin a sugar daddy nw but 2 me im lookin 4 a girl that wil love me d way i love so if any girl out der wnt 2 make me feel happy again so just give me a cal on this nu 08054118757 and 08064915973 so cal me nw.

Tute! Pele! Doh!
Re: Dating Older Guy Is A Bad Idea, read the story Whats Your Opinion by dadahgirl: 6:56am On Jul 30, 2008
There is nothing wrong with dating people who are a couple years older or younger but when they are way older, in the long run, the age difference becomes a problem.
Re: Dating Older Guy Is A Bad Idea, read the story Whats Your Opinion by adex285(m): 8:36am On Jul 30, 2008
desmondtut:

Yea u girls are rite but 2 me i can't do sumtin like that.Rite nw im single because my girlfriend broke up wit me datin a sugar daddy nw but 2 me im lookin 4 a girl that wil love me d way i love so if any girl out der wnt 2 make me feel happy again so just give me a cal on this nu 08054118757 and 08064915973 so cal me nw.

Na wetting dem ask you make you talk na wetting you deh yan!!! Does this place look like where you could get a girl.and how are we so sure you are on of those men that toy with girl feeling.you can imagine a guy leaving his numbers jst b/coz you need a girl.
make you deh try compile anything dem deh try talk for forum.
No disrespect man.
Re: Dating Older Guy Is A Bad Idea, read the story Whats Your Opinion by dapsycool(m): 8:52am On Jul 30, 2008
And what makes u think an age mate can't play u like the older guys. Confirmed! girls are the most confused being! They don't know what they want. 2moro you'll be back here to say age mates are players, they are not ready to settle down.
My advise to all girls, drink loads of water when u wake up(to keep your body temperature normal, cos most of ya are otherwise), gossip less (so u got something left in your brains), spend less time in the hair dryer(probably the heat affects your reasoning), be more productive to the society(self explanatory) and be less of a parasite(your bf is not an investment).

1 Like

Re: Dating Older Guy Is A Bad Idea, read the story Whats Your Opinion by gabelogan(m): 9:31am On Jul 30, 2008
desmondtut:

guy sorry, uve come to the wrongest place.

so many female supremacist here
Re: Dating Older Guy Is A Bad Idea, read the story Whats Your Opinion by Ninani(f): 9:53am On Jul 30, 2008
There seems to be much controversy in this forum (I am just a newcomer grin ) about this topic: Dating older guys is said not to be adviseable but on the other hand dating older ladies seems to be perceived as if it is some kind of taboo,

I personally think age doesn't matter as long as the couple has common goals and interest. If both are within the same generation I don't think age would be a barrier at all. However, I observe that some relationships with a big age gap tend to fail because of the wish to have children by one partner: If one is already too old or vice versa one is not ready but the other one feels it is about time there is not really a compromise.

My "guy" i.e. husband is 7 years older than me and I don't think this is of great relevance in our relationship.
I was 20 and he was 27 when started our relationship. But I acknowledge it would have been a slight different thing if he was 20 and I was 13.
Re: Dating Older Guy Is A Bad Idea, read the story Whats Your Opinion by whiteroses(f): 12:32pm On Jul 30, 2008
@dapsycool, you are a joker lol, but seriously age mates dont usually cheat they are the ones that have true feelings for you especially if you are in the same school and see each other often, they are just always afraid of commitment
Re: Dating Older Guy Is A Bad Idea, read the story Whats Your Opinion by desmondtut(m): 12:56pm On Jul 30, 2008
@adex285 come weitin be ur own self just mind d way u dey talk oo.I only ask 4 help and dat al and if u wnt 2 help me out do it 4 u tellin me shit here,just mind ur self u dis boy
Re: Dating Older Guy Is A Bad Idea, read the story Whats Your Opinion by Gamine(f): 1:01pm On Jul 30, 2008
Theres nothing wrong in dating an older guy

its how you present yourself

3 out of 6 girls in my family, from my mum to my older sister

have dated older guys and even married them kpa kpa

Nothing WRONG IN IT!!!!!!!!
Re: Dating Older Guy Is A Bad Idea, read the story Whats Your Opinion by shylladear(f): 1:10pm On Jul 30, 2008
it depends on the age difference
if its more than 6 yrs am out

but ave heard that older men are the best u can get married to (not date) cause they tend to understand you very well and also pamper you grin
they also over look some things you do and are hardly ever offended
Re: Dating Older Guy Is A Bad Idea, read the story Whats Your Opinion by MissyB1(m): 2:16pm On Jul 30, 2008
If it more dan 6 yrs for me,im not in too.
Bhut i think dis story is very funni

Re: Dating Older Guy Is A Bad Idea, read the story Whats Your Opinion by Orikinla(m): 2:24pm On Jul 30, 2008
He is a quite a young man at 28 and she is just coming of age at 20.

He is not an older man in the context of what the term means in rellationships.

You can date younger men if you have bad luck with older men.

I have dated older women and now I am hooked to a young woman who is happy with me an older man who is twice her age and we are like Jacob and Rachel of the Holy Bible.
I found true love in a younger woman.
Would you blame me for being blessed by God to have found such a maiden after my heart? And she is proudly Nigerian black beauty.

Caroline Ekanem found true love in an older man of over 50 who could be my uncle.
Funmi Iyanda found true love in an older man.
Onyeka Onwenu found true love in an older man.
Celine Dion found true love in an older man.
The list is endless.

Find the right man and his age does not make a difference in romance.
Re: Dating Older Guy Is A Bad Idea, read the story Whats Your Opinion by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 30, 2008
Age is nothing but a number, what you should be talking about is class. Everyone is selective when it comes to that. Guys and gals alike. When I was in school, I dated a guy about 10yrs older than I was, I left him cos he wasn’t matured enough and would always expect me to pet him. Imagine that!!

Anyway, I left him for another guy almost the same age as he was who worked in a stock brooking firm. Infact, he managed the firm. Guess what, the guy left me cos I wasn’t matured enough for him cos let’s face it, I was just a little student and he was this big shot!!!

Anyway, if you are strong enough to hold your own, you can date anybody you want to. After all, Bianca married Ojukwu and they are living happily ever after!!
Re: Dating Older Guy Is A Bad Idea, read the story Whats Your Opinion by izeek(m): 4:09pm On Jul 30, 2008
look older is not really wiser.
girlz fail to realise this and end up paying most times cos this guys already have some girl who was there with them tru the ruffs.
and now he is okay made or better still comfy, some lil girl go just come enter the guy net.

pls dont blame the guy, he only acted his gender.
try looking for a guy ur age range, that wud be as mature as the older one and one u can build a future with.
Re: Dating Older Guy Is A Bad Idea, read the story Whats Your Opinion by iice(f): 3:46am On Jul 31, 2008
Don't see the connection of the story to the topic. Isn't cheating and two timing something that people do regardless of gender and age?
Re: Dating Older Guy Is A Bad Idea, read the story Whats Your Opinion by HCH3COO: 4:17am On Jul 31, 2008
iice:

Don't see the connection of the story to the topic. Isn't cheating and two timing something that people do regardless of gender and age?

pretty much.
Re: Dating Older Guy Is A Bad Idea, read the story Whats Your Opinion by bkplur(f): 1:00pm On Aug 21, 2008
whiterose i agree with you, i have had same experience my first b/f was 10 years older than me ,dont know all of a sudden he just changed then i noticed he was seeing some 1 else i guess maybe he sees me as not being matured enof or something,baby gul i was so confused and heart broken because he was my first love he spoilt my xmax everything, i dont want to remember it makes me want to cry cry cry cry owing the fact that he was my love lol,but i guess i am now better off now with the help of GOD my self esteem is restored cos i said i will never have sex with him until marriage,i feel for your friend and i understand he r grief
Re: Dating Older Guy Is A Bad Idea, read the story Whats Your Opinion by hazureal(f): 1:28pm On Aug 21, 2008
@ poster,

u shouldn't have generalized, how could u make ur conclusion based on one experience?

thing is, it works for some, and does not work for some.

and how on earth could u even think of going to fight over a man? i honestly think that is immature.

anyway, i am very happily married to an adorable man, who is 7 years older than i am.

so, i guess it's different strokes for different folks.
Re: Dating Older Guy Is A Bad Idea, read the story Whats Your Opinion by oby2341(f): 3:59pm On Aug 21, 2008
well it depends ooo. since i started dating, i prefer older guys. they are emotionally stable. my bf is 10 yrs older than me, but i feel like as if he is 18. it depends on love. it all depends on love. cheesy grin

(1) (Reply)

The Truth About Women / On Behalf Of NL Ladies, Mrcork - Please Be Our Valentine Today. / Love Letter Of All Time. Very Hilarious!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.