Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,301 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? (6284 Views)

Jonathan Was Inexperienced, Not Incompetent - Babangida / New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist / GEJ Hates The Yorubas Says This Newspaper Advert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by pazienza(m): 1:02pm On Dec 14, 2013
IKEMBA NNEWI: [b] Although i believe Jonathan has not performed to our expectations in the SE, buh allow me list few things he has done that endears me to him.
1, He Gave Ojukwu a proper state funeral. Something no other president would(from another ethnic group) have done, Obasonjo would have thrown his body into the Niger.
2, no other regime in Nigeria's post civil war era has had more igbos @ the helm of affairs of agencies like his.
3,SE currently head the nations most sensitive position COAS
4, Enugu Airport is now int'l(with an int'l runway under construction)
5, Achebe was Given a heroes funeral(even bigger than Ojukwu's)
6, under his watch projects due for the SE were always allocated to the SE, Enugu,PH, onitsha-Enugu, Enugu-Abakiliki expressways have either been constructed or are undergoing construction.
Although the seaport and 2NB remain areas he's yet to fulfill his promises, i believe he has 'tried' in all.
I believe we voted for Obj same way we voted Gej, what did we gain under Obj? You guys need to cut the dude some slack men! [/b]

If other Igbos are observant, they would see that all the things you listed here are not really special favours, they are things justice and equality demands, it just happens that ndiigbo have been so denied of justice,fairness and equality in post 1970 Nigeria captained by the Yoruba/hausa-fulani gang up, that when justice and equality was restored by a neutral party in GEJ, we now see them as special favours, but they aren't at all.
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:38pm On Dec 14, 2013
FreeGlobe:
Berem speak for yorubas where you belong. This is a SE affair
No, this is Nigerian affair. If you really want to make it an-all-Igbo affair, meet Sexkillz and Ogugua to found Biafraland.
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by superstar1(m): 1:44pm On Dec 14, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^At bolded: Utter rubbish!

If the South West are less dependent on the centre than the South East, and could have built the 2nd Niger Bridge on their own if it was in their region.......if this is the case, then why didn't they rebuild the Lagos-Ibadan highway?; why didn't they offer to finance the planned Lagos-Ibadan high speed rail line?; why was MMIA left to rot until this administration started refurbishing it, and awarded contract for a brand new terminal?

Lagos is the nations centre of commerce and industry, and has been the cosmopolitan melting pot for ALL Nigeria for decades now, and hence has been able over the years to have a comparatively much better financial position than other states in the country; everything has been skewed in its favour for years, and it's only with this present administration that other regions/states are getting a look in! So don't yarn rubbish!

get your facts right.

The Odua states offered to re-surface Lagos -Ibadan, your FG declined stating it is a federal road. The Odua group, the pan yoruba SPV investment company owned by Odua states proposed to construct a fast train service from Ibadan to Lagos and Abeokuta to Lagos, the envious and clueless FG declined because only NRC have the constitution right to operate rail service in Nigeria.

MMA is a federal govt property. It cannot be repaired by odua states. Every kobo from there goes to FG. Why can't your mrs airport re-painting, ohhh sorry, re-modeling rather, do a proper job instead of wasting scarce resources to buy an inflated car that she will use to shop for her 4th husband.

6 Likes

Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by olabukola: 1:55pm On Dec 14, 2013
berem: Arrant nonsense!! All I see is completion bla bla bla bullshit!! Which one did he start? He will not take glory for the projects started by a previous administration. He should do something he will be remembered for in the southeast. No second niger bridge, no vote from southeast come 2015!
Are u now in PDP?
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by POPEII: 2:29pm On Dec 14, 2013
An Igbo will never become president of Nigeria, get over it, what we should do is support anyone who will bring development in our region, we are lagging behind because of the war which slowed down and sent us back to the stone age, let us work on our infrastructures and hold federal positions that can empower our people and region.
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by phantom(m): 2:37pm On Dec 14, 2013
POPE II: An Igbo will never become president of Nigeria, get over it, what we should do is support anyone who will bring development in our region, we are lagging behind because of the war which slowed down and sent us back to the stone age, let us work on our infrastructures and hold federal positions that can empower our people and region.
my brother look or move around the country and come back and tell us which zone looks like it was destroyed during the civil war.
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by POPEII: 2:38pm On Dec 14, 2013
pazienza:

If other Igbos are observant, they would see that all the things you listed here are not really special favours, they are things justice and equality demands, it just happens that ndiigbo have been so denied of justice,fairness and equality in post 1970 Nigeria captained by the Yoruba/hausa-fulani gang up, that when justice and equality was restored by a neutral party in GEJ, we now see them as special favours, but they aren't at all.
true
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by POPEII: 2:39pm On Dec 14, 2013
phantom: my brother look or move around the country and come back and tell us which zone looks like it was destroyed during the civil war.
we shouldn't compare ourselves with mediocrity. Igbo can do way better than what we have now and you know that .
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by phantom(m): 2:44pm On Dec 14, 2013
POPE II: we shouldn't compare ourselves with mediocrity. Igbo can do way better than what we have now and you know that .
i agree.
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Dec 14, 2013
phantom: my brother look or move around the country and come back and tell us which zone looks like it was destroyed during the civil war.
the civil war is not an excuse not to have a president of Igbo extraction. Don't let other regions see us as unserious people. If we really want an Igbo president,we will work for it. But as it is,our Igbo leaders are ready to sell our chances for money. They should be held responsible for everything that has befallen our region.

2 Likes

Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by phantom(m): 2:54pm On Dec 14, 2013
berem: the civil war is not an excuse not to have a president of Igbo extraction. Don't let other regions see us as unserious people. If we really want an Igbo president,we will work for it. But as it is,our Igbo leaders are ready to sell our chances for money. They should be held responsible for everything that has befallen our region.
when i made that post, i implied our zone was better than some others but as per the issue of igbo presidency, honestly i am not too keen on it.i ve lost interest in it and as a matter of fact is not the most important thing to us.
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by POPEII: 2:59pm On Dec 14, 2013
berem: the civil war is not an excuse not to have a president of Igbo extraction. Don't let other regions see us as unserious people. If we really want an Igbo president,we will work for it. But as it is,our Igbo leaders are ready to sell our chances for money. They should be held responsible for everything that has befallen our region.
You really think an Igbo will ever become a president of this country? cool please look around you how many ethnic group which lost a war or failed to secede are holding key sectors like Igbo are even doing? How many of their people became president after the war ?
This is pure logic the losers will always b marginalized and ostracized this is an unwritten rule an igbo will never become president go ask the Hutu, touareg, collabo(Algerian who helped France ) etc they don't trust us .
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by POPEII: 3:00pm On Dec 14, 2013
phantom: when i made that post, i implied our zone was better than some others but as per the issue of igbo presidency, honestly i am too keen on it.i ve lost interest in it and as a matter of fact is not the most important thing to us.
amen .

He didn't get .
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Dec 14, 2013
superstar1:

get your facts right.

The Odua states offered to re-surface Lagos -Ibadan, your FG declined stating it is a federal road. The Odua group, the pan yoruba SPV investment company owned by Odua states proposed to construct a fast train service from Ibadan to Lagos and Abeokuta to Lagos, the envious and clueless FG declined because only NRC have the constitution right to operate rail service in Nigeria.

MMA is a federal govt property. It cannot be repaired by odua states. Every kobo from there goes to FG. Why can't your mrs airport re-painting, ohhh sorry, re-modeling rather, do a proper job instead of wasting scarce resources to buy an inflate car that she will use to shop for her 4th husband.

GBAM. !!

The one you quoted thinks we cry & moan for the cluelessness of the FG before making moves to do things on our own like they do in their caves for a 2nd Niger bridge & airport re-painting.

Name it all:

Light-rail project
Lagos-Ibadan road rebuilding
Lagos-Abeokuta rail construction

etc

.....If SW can muster just one-fifth of the assistances GEJ is offering these dunces in his administration, I'm pretty sure by now each of the SW homelands will be preparing to offset their respective monthly recurrent expenditures in few years to come. ...
....what most of them cant decipher. undecided

...but its only a pity we couldnt achieve such under a cursed & misfortunate creature called OBJ.... all just because we never supported this MISFORTUNE called human beign. Now see the shame he's making us bear. !

May pigs & dogs be his guests when he dies by God's grace. !!!
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by phantom(m): 3:12pm On Dec 14, 2013
what we need in the east is regional integration.we should put heads together for our advancement.the country has nothing in store for us.lets not hold our breaths.we can make something out of nothing.we ve done it before and we can do it again.my unhappiness is that we have become nigerianised.we have sworn not to help ourselves.we just seat and wait and pray that successive governments look our way(e.g GEJ).our very own innoson is struggling.have we made any plans to patronise him? What stops the south east governors from coming together and deciding to use his vehicles as official cars? We are on a long thing.

2 Likes

Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by phantom(m): 3:17pm On Dec 14, 2013
most igbos here are championing for a level playing ground.there is nothing wrong with that but we dont need it! We are igbos for crying out loud.we are even lucky to get a level playing ground but my point is lets not even expect a level playing ground from successive governments.shikena!
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by revolt(m): 3:31pm On Dec 14, 2013
phantom: most igbos here are championing for a level playing ground.there is nothing wrong with that but we dont need it! We are igbos for crying out loud.we are even lucky to get a level playing ground but my point is lets not even expect a level playing ground from successive governments.shikena!
level playn ground I'd very important, Cos it builds a system based on merit. wen u know equity is absent in a system it hampers desire to work hard, Cos u see mediocre succeed while you toil endlrssl. so automatically you tilt towards mediocrity.
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by asha80(m): 3:32pm On Dec 14, 2013
phantom: what we need in the east is regional integration.we should put heads together for our advancement.the country has nothing in store for us.lets not hold our breaths.we can make something out of nothing.we ve done it before and we can do it again.my unhappiness is that we have become nigerianised.we have sworn not to help ourselves.we just seat and wait and pray that successive governments look our way(e.g GEJ).our very own innoson is struggling.have we made any plans to patronise him? What stops the south east governors from coming together and deciding to use his vehicles as official cars? We are on a long thing.
anambra states goverment patnronizes innoson like hell while coal city buses enugu uses innoson buses...moreover orizu,the young,guo and auto star remember patronizes them too.
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by revolt(m): 3:35pm On Dec 14, 2013
phantom: most igbos here are championing for a level playing ground.there is nothing wrong with that but we dont need it! We are igbos for crying out loud.we are even lucky to get a level playing ground but my point is lets not even expect a level playing ground from successive governments.shikena!
level playn ground I'd very important, Cos it builds a system based on merit. wen u know equity is absent in a system it hampers desire to work hard, Cos u see mediocre succeed while you toil endlessly so automatically you tilt towards mediocrity.
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by phantom(m): 3:36pm On Dec 14, 2013
revolt: level playn ground I'd very important, Cos it builds a system based on merit. wen u know equity is absent in a system it hampers desire to work hard, Cos u see mediocre succeed while you toil endlrssl. so automatically you tilt towards mediocrity.
revolt i agree! But lets not expect it always.the rest of the country knows that a level playing ground will favour the igbos.fact! And thats why they are screaming blue murder now.so once jonathan leaves do we wait another fifty years to luckily get another level playing ground? Lets look inward.thats my point.
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by citizenY(m): 3:40pm On Dec 14, 2013
POPE II: You really think an Igbo will ever become a president of this country? cool please look around you how many ethnic group which lost a war or failed to secede are holding key sectors like Igbo are even doing? How many of their people became president after the war ?
This is pure logic the losers will always b marginalized and ostracized this is an unwritten rule an igbo will never become president go ask the Hutu, touareg, collabo(Algerian who helped France ) etc they don't trust us .

Wher is your faith? This is not the right attitude!!!!
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by IleIfe2(m): 3:47pm On Dec 14, 2013
PointB:

Not necessarily an achievement, but it was a kind gesture. Something an Northern or yorobar president wouldn't have done. Some small gestures like that actually go a long way.

That said, it is important that GEJ be reminded to keep his several promises, not only to the SE but to other zones that he made promises to. If resources available makes it inevitable for some promises not to kept, genuine and transparent efforts must be made to explain the situation and reassurance given. Nothing and no zone should be taken for granted.

So what do we call the first round of burial that took place in Lagos.
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by pazienza(m): 3:57pm On Dec 14, 2013

Stop this madness already, be proud of your yoruba heritage for once, yes, you are not Igbo, no one here is deceived.
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by agbameta: 4:00pm On Dec 14, 2013
phantom: revolt i agree! But lets not expect it always.the rest of the country knows that a level playing ground will favour the igbos.fact! And thats why they are screaming blue murder now.so once jonathan leaves do we wait another fifty years to luckily get another level playing ground? Lets look inward.thats my point.

We've had igbo president

ibo head of state

ibo vice president

We have ibo ministers

ibo governors

ibo perm secs

ibo SFGs

ibo agency directors

ibo sentaors

ibo reps

ibo ambasadors

ibo are the dominant players and well represented in the current administration way more than any other region in Nigeria and even in the history of Nigeria

The current president and administration is your best friend over the other regions in Nigeria

What federal position from president downwards ibo people have not occupied in Nigeria?

So how level do you want this field?

The field is not only level in your favor, it's grossly lopsided in your favor and the fact that you are not reaping the benefits has nothing to do with the size or shape of the field but more with the fact that the folks you have representing you are incompetent and don't know how to send home the bacon and dividends of their esteemed offices and appointments or basically just looking after their own interests and not yours...

When are you people going to drop this pointless victim mentality and just face the truth and reality.

4 Likes

Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by pazienza(m): 4:04pm On Dec 14, 2013
phantom: revolt i agree! But lets not expect it always.the rest of the country knows that a level playing ground will favour the igbos.fact! And thats why they are screaming blue murder now.so once jonathan leaves do we wait another fifty years to luckily get another level playing ground? Lets look inward.thats my point.

Another four years of GEJ will enable us break the wings of the Yoruba/hausa- fulani gang up, it will buy us necessary time to put things in order, the more those two unholy bed fellows stay out of central power, the less powerful they become, and the more the GEJ dismantle the systems they laid post 1970 that gave them undue advantage, GEJ second term will provide equality for all groups.

GEJ second tenure is going to be suicidal for the gang up, they know that, that's why they are now desperate, it's going to be their political end if GEJ returns second tenure.
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by phantom(m): 4:04pm On Dec 14, 2013
agbameta:

We've had igbo president

ibo vice president

We have ibo ministers

ibo governors

ibo perm secs

ibo SFGs

ibo agency directors

ibo sentaors

ibo reps

ibo ambasadors

ibo are the dominant players and well represented in the current administration way more than any other region in Nigeria and even in the history of Nigeria

The current president and administration is your best friend over the other regions in Nigeria

What federal position from president downwards ibo people have not occupied in Nigeria?

So how level do you want this field?

The field is not only level in your favor, it's grossly lopsided in your favor and the fact that you are not reaping the benefits has nothing to do with the size or shape of the field but more with the fact that the folks you have representing you are incompetent and don't know how to send home the bacon and dividends of their esteemed offices and appointments or basically just looking after their own interests and not yours...

When are you people going to drop this pointless victim mentality and just face the truth and reality.

sorry not entertaining dregs today.try tomorrow.
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Dec 14, 2013
Enugu International Airport: Now Igbos do not have to die on their way to Lagos to board a flight to "Overseas".

Igbos can now jet out of Nigeria from the Coal City of Enugu.

GEJ Too Muchee (in igbo accent).
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 14, 2013
Igbos were 100% marginalized in previous administration, now Igbos control the juiciest positions.

GEJ too mucheee
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Dec 14, 2013
Who of CHIEF OF ARMY STAFF ? Who ? Where is he from ?

GEJ is too mucheee.

1 Like

Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Dec 14, 2013
The Chief Minister herself, the Supervising Minister for the Economy.....Sounds like Prime Minister of Naijeria.

Where is she from ? Where ?

GEJ too mucheeee
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 14, 2013
Nnah men, How can I forget Nnaji, Nnaji of Geometry, what GEJ has done for Aba will better be imagine next year April, when Aba will have 24/7 electricity. Courtesy of Transformational Agenda's Privatization of Electricity.

1 Like

Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by POPEII: 4:09pm On Dec 14, 2013
pazienza:

Another four years of GEJ will enable us break the wings of the Yoruba/hausa- fulani gang up, it will buy us necessary time to put things in order, the more those two unholy bed fellows stay out of central power, the less powerful they become, and the more the Igbos dismantle the systems they laid post 1970 that gave them undue advantage.

GEJ second tenure is going to be suicidal for the gang up, they know that, that's why they are now desperate, it's going to be their political end if GEJ returns second tenure.
Gbam .
However those officials should stop being noisy and work for the empowerment of igbo and our region in silence. Look what the dude @ the census office did .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Let's Hand Nigeria Back To Whites Like Zimbabwe Is Handing Land Back To Whites / Katsina To Re-introduce Community, Cattle Tax System / Nigeria’s Defense Expenditure To Reach Us$3.8bn In 2026

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.