Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,171 members, 7,856,715 topics. Date: Tuesday, 11 June 2024 at 05:26 AM

Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? (6301 Views)

Jonathan Was Inexperienced, Not Incompetent - Babangida / New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist / GEJ Hates The Yorubas Says This Newspaper Advert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by asha80(m): 11:59am On Dec 16, 2013
ba7man: See these ones here talking about breaking one Northern/Yoruba hegemony.

Have you seen the projects going on in Eko Atlantic?? The elevated railway?? The expanded Badagry Express?? The infrastructural works in Ogun and, Osun State?? Even Oyo state isn't left behind. Projects going on in Kano and Abuja?? The Rainbow Town in Port-Harcourt?? The roads, Airport and Stadium Akpabio is building in Akwa-Ibom??

You guys better wake up and hold your regional leaders accountable and stop chasing tails.

Before you realize it, Nigeria would have left the S.E behind while you're waiting on the FG to deliver the 2nd Niger Bridge. The joke's still on you guys......
media has a way of confusing you guys.
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Dec 16, 2013
revolt: I couldn't hve said it better. we need more time to break that northern Yoruba hegemony, they'll slowly phase out and we can't have another aboki usurping this glorious paradigm shift.
meritocracy must prevail. why are they scared of this progressive phenomenon.

Am afraid...the typical Ibo on NL is very naive politically.

Who are the WE that will break your so-called Northern Yoruba hegemony?

It quite true when a member here says you people are very high on emotions...but very short on common sense.
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by ba7man(m): 12:24pm On Dec 16, 2013
asha 80: media has a way of confusing you guys.
All those projects i mentioned are being executed with the aim of preparing the various states for the future.

Your Governors played a fast one on you guys by re-surfacing roads, building Government buildings and giving out cars while you were busy criticizing those projects.

Thank God for FG initiative to provide an international Airport in the S.E. The 2nd Niger Bridge is still in limbo. Apart from those 2 projects i mentioned, please educate me on any capital project with the aim of preparing the S.E for the future, initiated by your Governors.

Rochas that seemed to be a bright star is now being crucified for fratenizing with Northerners and S westerners.......despite his works.

Rather than come up with projects and long-term plans to woo the people's votes, they'd rather talk about not voting for a "boko Haram party" or "how the Yorubas hate the Igbos"..............and you fall for that. Sad.

It seems if i want to win an eastern election, all i have to do is publicly deny and insult my tribe, the crowd will cheer and I'll win.

Meanwhile, keep decieving yourselves that you own "60 percent" of those projects.
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by asha80(m): 12:36pm On Dec 16, 2013
ba7man: All those projects i mentioned are being executed with the aim of preparing the various states for the future.

Your Governors played a fast one on you guys by re-surfacing roads, building Government buildings and giving out cars while you were busy criticizing those projects.

Thank God for FG initiative to provide an international Airport in the S.E. The 2nd Niger Bridge is still in limbo. Apart from those 2 projects i mentioned, please educate me on any capital project with the aim of preparing the S.E for the future, initiated by your Governors.

Rochas that seemed to be a bright star is now being crucified for fratenizing with Northerners and S westerners.......despite his works.

Rather than come up with projects and long-term plans to woo the people's votes, they'd rather talk about not voting for a "boko Haram party" or "how the Yorubas hate the Igbos"..............and you fall for that. Sad.

It seems if i want to win an eastern election, all i have to do is publicly deny and insult my tribe, the crowd will cheer and I'll win.

Meanwhile, keep decieving yourselves that you own "60 percent" of those projects.
like i said media has a way of decieving you guys....it is not a matter of writing long epistles.
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by ba7man(m): 12:57pm On Dec 16, 2013
asha 80: like i said media has a way of decieving you guys....it is not a matter of writing long epistles.
You no get point joor.
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by asha80(m): 1:08pm On Dec 16, 2013
ba7man: You no get point joor.
i like it that you think that way.
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Dec 16, 2013
asha 80: like i said media has a way of decieving you guys....it is not a matter of writing long epistles.

Where have you been getting your own information?
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by IKEMBANNEWI: 2:33pm On Dec 16, 2013
ba7man: All those projects i mentioned are being executed with the aim of preparing the various states for the future.

[b] Here's an arguement from the only non bigoted Yoruba on the forum. You've got valid points there no doubt, i understand your point which is while the rest of Nigeria is embarking on 'Massive projects' the SE is still celebrating mediocre projects not worthy of the 20th century. But if you analyse 'asha' statement that the 'media is confusing you guys' properly, you'd catch his drift with little effort. Now here's what he's trying to let you know: while SW leaders prefer publising every of their achievement no matter how minute, the SE leaders(most except Rochas) prefer to keep mum on theirs. You made mention of Eko atlantic, there's a thread i nthe politics section which shows recent pictures of this 'paradise' one could see that so far this peninsula is nothing but a sea of sand(for the meantime) but the way SWterners potray the city, one would think it dwarfs DOHA. Dont get me wrong, though, there's nothing wrong in 'dreaming big', i saw renders of what it's expected to look like, and i must say it's a nice initiative. Sullivan began work on centenary city, which when completed would one of the most serene cities in Eastern Nigeria. But no one besides we(Those it matters to) know about it. Rochas began work on 8 units of 16 storey buildings in owerri last year as landmarks to be used to celebrate Nigeria's centenary. And so many underground projects going on, yet the media doesnt blare it into everybody's ears! The Badagry Expressway you made mention of, i was opportuned to pass through it today en route to trade fair, the work there is going on @ snail speed and wouldnt take less than 2 years to complete, why advertise it now?[/b]
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by revolt(m): 8:02pm On Dec 16, 2013
ilugunboy:

Am afraid...the typical Ibo on NL is very naive politically.

Who are the WE that will break your so-called Northern Yoruba hegemony?

It quite true when a member here says you people are very high on emotions...but very short on common sense.
I don't expect you, to understand. I don't hve the strength to explain too.
all I can say is after 2019, THEN well understand how politics shapes economy and commerce, most importantly, meritocracy.
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by simpleseyi: 3:15pm On Dec 17, 2013
Jonathan hates anyone that is not of Ijaw origin. This is why he refused to build the 2nd Niger bridge, if Yoruba and Hausa past president refused to build the 2nd Niger bridge, should Jonathan too do same. He also refused to complete the East-West road because it will also benefit non-Ijaws whom he detest. Same reason why he closed Universities for about 6 months because it is benefiting non-Ijaws while he has looted more than 8 trillion naira according to CBN governor.
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by agbameta: 4:20pm On Dec 17, 2013
IKEMBA NNEWI: [b] Here's an arguement from the only non bigoted Yoruba on the forum. You've got valid points there no doubt, i understand your point which is while the rest of Nigeria is embarking on 'Massive projects' the SE is still celebrating mediocre projects not worthy of the 20th century. But if you analyse 'asha' statement that the 'media is confusing you guys' properly, you'd catch his drift with little effort. Now here's what he's trying to let you know: while SW leaders prefer publising every of their achievement no matter how minute, the SE leaders(most except Rochas) prefer to keep mum on theirs. You made mention of Eko atlantic, there's a thread i nthe politics section which shows recent pictures of this 'paradise' one could see that so far this peninsula is nothing but a sea of sand(for the meantime) but the way SWterners potray the city, one would think it dwarfs DOHA. Dont get me wrong, though, there's nothing wrong in 'dreaming big', i saw renders of what it's expected to look like, and i must say it's a nice initiative. Sullivan began work on centenary city, which when completed would one of the most serene cities in Eastern Nigeria. But no one besides we(Those it matters to) know about it. Rochas began work on 8 units of 16 storey buildings in owerri last year as landmarks to be used to celebrate Nigeria's centenary. And so many underground projects going on, yet the media doesnt blare it into everybody's ears! The Badagry Expressway you made mention of, i was opportuned to pass through it today en route to trade fair, the work there is going on @ snail speed and wouldnt take less than 2 years to complete, why advertise it now?[/b]

You sound very very misguided with your views regarding the media favoring developments in the SW and not the SE. All the pictures we post regarding the developments in the SW were taken by individuals and posted on their blogs or website and state government hired photographers. Some states like Lagos and Ogun have state sponsored websites designed to showcase and enlighten their work and enlighten communities.

Unfortunately, your own SE leaders are either lazy or just not savvy communicators with little or no knowledge in terms of new media usage to get their points across to their respective communities.

There are photography clubs in Lagos and other SW states with members running around taking beautiful and well choreographed pictures of all forms of developments and landmarks with their names watermarked on the pictures. Just look at the Ikoyi link bridge, the media didn't take all the beautiful pictures of the bridge we see on the internet, private individuals took those pics, they even go their to let us see what the bridge looks like at night..

My point is, if you don't big u yourself, who is going to do it for you? You people get on NL and FB to slam other people and complain every time we post pictures of developments in the SW as we if that it stops you from doing the same thing.

Get yourself a camera and look around your own communities for something to show the world, press your leaders to do something worthwhile to take pictures of and also put pictures on their websites for you to cut and paste and I'm not talking about borehole pictures or akpabio's overhead plastic water bottle water works..

The greatest injustice against you is what you do to yourselves and not what other people are doing to you because you are responsible for your own destiny and future and pointing fingers and blaming other people everyday compounds and magnifies your problems and shortcomings..
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by Mogidi: 6:23pm On Dec 17, 2013
berem: He likes Igbos just because Igbos supported him in his victory in 2011. He's also incompetent because he has failed to redeem his pledge to the massive Igbos who supported him. Unfortunately,I don't see him doing all that he promised the people of the southeast. He hasn't done anything for his own people not to talk of other ethnic group. Its unfortunate our votes are wasted.

Don't worry Buhari would build you a mansion and make you his 10th wife.
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by MeAboki(m): 6:23pm On Dec 17, 2013
agbameta:

You sound very very misguided with your views regarding the media favoring developments in the SW and not the SE. All the pictures we post regarding the developments in the SW were taken by individuals and posted on their blogs or website and state government hired photographers. Some states like Lagos and Ogun have state sponsored websites designed to showcase and enlighten their work and enlighten communities.

Unfortunately, your own SE leaders are either lazy or just not savvy communicators with little or no knowledge in terms of new media usage to get their points across to their respective communities.

There are photography clubs in Lagos and other SW states with members running around taking beautiful and well choreographed pictures of all forms of developments and landmarks with their names watermarked on the pictures. Just look at the Ikoyi link bridge, the media didn't take all the beautiful pictures of the bridge we see on the internet, private individuals took those pics, they even go their to let us see what the bridge looks like at night..

My point is, if you don't big u yourself, who is going to do it for you? You people get on NL and FB to slam other people and complain every time we post pictures of developments in the SW as we if that it stops you from doing the same thing.

Get yourself a camera and look around your own communities for something to show the world, press your leaders to do something worthwhile to take pictures of and also put pictures on their websites for you to cut and paste and I'm not talking about borehole pictures or akpabio's overhead plastic water bottle water works..

The greatest injustice against you is what you do to yourselves and not what other people are doing to you because you are responsible for your own destiny and future and pointing fingers and blaming other people everyday compounds and magnifies your problems and shortcomings..

What has happened to all their usual chest beating?
Don't their government have ministries of information ni?
Certainly if they have something to show you'd expect them to flaunt it - unless there is nothing there.

What you are witnessing is just another example of that siege mentality where they never take responsibility for their own inactions or shortcomings because it always somebody else's fault - never their's.

So its the fault of SW press (beside their own) for not showcasing their development - imagine this excuse for a reason!
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by LoveDecay(m): 6:24pm On Dec 17, 2013
Bull.s.hit thread, wreaks:PR Stunt.

More like a way of collecting data. Trying to ascertain/judge the ugly president.
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Dec 18, 2013
POPE II: What does the average Igbo gain from ihejerika? Are u mad * we want the 2nd Niger bridge and restoration of the,old one ,we want roads etc

Whatever the hausas were gaining from their own chief of army staff
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 18, 2013
Me_Aboki:

Sorry, didn't want to join issues with anyone on this thread, seeing that its an all Igbo affair; however, I cannot let you get away with the above ignorant/myopic statement without correction, lest others also will continue to believe same.

FYI, Chukwuma Nzeugwu, one of the 1966 coupists who murdered the former northern premier Sir Ahmadu Bello, the Sardauna of Sokoto (may his soul rest in peace), was himself later killed in the Biafran war by Nigerian troops, even though an enemy, was buried with full military honour in Kaduna in northern Nigeria, his grave still there in the Kaduna military cemetery for all to see.
In the same vein, pls be assured that northerners do not in general harbour that wicked vindictive streak ever present in you Igbos - just look at the policy of no victor no vanquished and the 3 R's of: Reconciliation, Rehabilitation and Reconstruction that followed soon after the war - enough said.

and how much rehabilitation, reconciliation and reconstruction projects happened in the SE?
Nig can never move forward till she goes back to right 1970s wrongs.
Quote me.
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by citizenY(m): 10:46pm On Dec 18, 2013
pazienza:

Bro, you can only imagine what being out of power for so long can do to a group. *grins* We saw how the so tagged clueless Ijaw man got the whole North crumbling in 2011, with full access to Nigerian money as a president, he easily put a knife on the things that held them together, and they fell apart. The so called northern consensus candidate was disgraced, as GEJ shared the money around to buy saboteurs in the north, or will i say allies, before then, the news in town was how Igbo political elites love money, and easily betrayed Igbo political ambitions for personal interest, but the northern elites just out of power for few years, were easily bought over, how much more were people expecting from the Igbo political elites who had been in political wilderness for four decades.

The northern -yoruba gang up understands this, that's why they can't even wait for another 4years, they know it's now or never.

A GEJ second tenure will mean that he will no longer need future votes from the northern-yoruba gang up, he will be finally free, this prospect is what your people dread, and why 2015 is a do or die affair for you, of course, they know that any written agreement they make with GEJ now to protect their interests can be easily be breached after GEJ win, they are well aware of this fact, after all they once played this game in Aburi, so they can never be pacified by any agreement, It's a do or die affair for them, and it will either result in their political death, or the final burial of a deceased Nigeria that died 4 decades ago but eluded burial,thus intoxicating it's inhabitants with it's putrid stench.

Just listen to yourself. You have now confirmed what we all know. GEJ USED NIGERIAN MONEY FOR HIS ELECTION. How much did he spend in your place?
Re: Is It That GEJ Hates Igbos Or He's Incompetent? by MeAboki(m): 11:20pm On Dec 18, 2013
ngozievergreen:

and how much rehabilitation, reconciliation and reconstruction projects happened in the SE?
Nig can never move forward till she goes back to right 1970s wrongs.
Quote me.

Read my earlier post in reply to the same question'
As for righting alleged wrongs of the 1970s, Igbos must first right their evil doings of the 1960s which basically laid the foundations of our retrogression and woes today.
And quote you for what - see inflated ego?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

100 African Cities Destroyed By Europeans / PDP Lagos Flagbearer Jimi Agbaje Picks An Igboman as His Running Mate- Ifeduba / Obiano Apologizes To IPOB Over May 30 2016 Killing Of Members In Onitsha.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.