Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,943 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? (13266 Views)

Rivers People Now Viewed As Barbarians That Behead Fellow Human Beings’ – APC / Do Not Turn Igboland To Syria / Ibadan Wonders!!! Strange Fish Turns Into Human In Ibadan (LOOK) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by RichyBlacK(m): 8:45pm On Aug 05, 2008
Dr Kitaun:

I have had my say . . .u guys should just pray that u don't see what your fathers and fore-fathers saw tongue

some of your fathers and mothers even have some fetish objects under their beds, in their wardrobes and closets, but oh yes SCIENCE is enough to tell u that its all balderdash, its all myth . . .I WONDER WHY You ALL JUST DONT BELIEVE THE EXISTENCE OF SATAN IS A MYTH SINCE THERE IS NO EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE OR GORY PIX TO PROVE SUCH embarassed

You're right. Juju exists, but it has zero (okolo) power.

People carry all kinds of fetish, but those things provide psychological boosts to their sense of protection; nothing real.

No physical laws will be violated because someone is carrying a small bottle with gorilla pubic hair and dried human heart in it.
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by ssRhino: 9:15pm On Aug 05, 2008
Nigeria we hail thee
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by bluespice(f): 12:21am On Aug 06, 2008
puhlease! y'all should give seun a breather
its all friggin true
i cant even wrap my head around the idea of people with mordern education and such degree of exposure believing such bullshit
its just a proof of the annoyingly idiotic grin mentality most Nigerians have ,
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by lucabrasi(m): 12:38am On Aug 06, 2008
bluespice:

puhlease! y'all should give seun a breather
its all friggin true
i can't even wrap my head around the idea of people with mordern education and such degree of exposure believing such bullshit
its just a proof of the annoyingly idiotic grin mentality most Nigerians have ,
is it about giving seun a breather even if his comments were ill informed and crass generalization?people with modern education like me and others on here have seen illiterate opc men,villagers who cannot speak even pidgin english do stuffs you ony see in movies and attribute it to traditional medicine and you call it idiotic mentality,ill rather say you are totally ignorant of the fact that traditional african medicine is real
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by DrKitaun(m): 1:06am On Aug 06, 2008
what u need ask is; what is the average age of majority of the posters that have alluded to the claim that Juju doesnt exist . . .or more succintly put where do they stay or what major experiences of life have they been unfortunate fortunate to encounter undecided

see wetin oyinbo mentality dey cause . . . embarassed

some of u guys really need to go back and investigate ur roots properly cool
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by Jakumo(m): 6:41am On Aug 06, 2008
Let us not misunderstand Seun's statements about Nigerians.  He NEVER claimed that ALL Nigerians are mentally challenged, but rather he RIGHTLY observed that ANY PERSON who blindly believes in Juju magic, on the strength of mere 10th-hand HERESAY, and in the total and absolute absence of ANY substantiating and SCIENTIFICALLY verifyable evidence, is a SEVERELY retarded bush-savage who belongs in the pre-industrial stone age, and who would look good dressed in grass skirts, human bone nose-rings and tribal face paint appropriate for a new career of ululating and foraging around for beetles and maggots to eat in the undergrowth.

People whose lives are RULED by illogical fear of mumbo-jumbo do really belong in a bygone era, and are NOT adequately equipped to be fully functioning, RATIONAL citizens of any modern society.  This classification of primitive man is hopelessly ENSLAVED by unfounded and erroneous fears which can be exploited by others to control the cretins' behavior like hapless rats in a lab experiment.  These voodoo followers deserve more pity than ridicule since they are pathetic victims of their own stunted minds, who are doomed to a life of perpetual under-achievement resultant from their own self-imposed lunacy.   The lights are on in their brains, but sadly no one is home.  To anyone who falls into that sorry category of human being, please accept my deepest condolences on the horrible death of your skull contents.
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by seun001(m): 8:07am On Aug 06, 2008
RichyBlacK:

No physical laws will be violated because someone is carrying a small bottle with gorilla pubic hair and dried human heart in it.

lmfttmao!!!!!!! grin shocked grin shocked
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by naijaking1: 8:47am On Aug 06, 2008
RichyBlacK:

You're right. Juju exists, but it has zero (okolo) power.

People carry all kinds of fetish, but those things provide psychological boosts to their sense of protection; nothing real.

I could not have said it better.
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by Dend(m): 6:24pm On Aug 06, 2008
Making this guys believe in real facts is like trying to make a wall talk(See how sick it could be) leave them, let them face difficulties first, then they know someone from their father/mother side is behind their problems.
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by DrKitaun(m): 11:55pm On Aug 06, 2008
Jakumo:

Let us not misunderstand Seun's statements about Nigerians.  He NEVER claimed that ALL Nigerians are mentally challenged, but rather he RIGHTLY observed that ANY PERSON who blindly believes in Juju magic, on the strength of mere 10th-hand HERESAY, and in the total and absolute absence of ANY substantiating and SCIENTIFICALLY verifyable evidence, is a SEVERELY retarded bush-savage who belongs in the pre-industrial stone age, and who would look good dressed in grass skirts, human bone nose-rings and tribal face paint appropriate for a new career of ululating and foraging around for beetles and maggots to eat in the undergrowth.

People whose lives are RULED by illogical fear of mumbo-jumbo do really belong in a bygone era, and are NOT adequately equipped to be fully functioning, RATIONAL citizens of any modern society.  This classification of primitive man is hopelessly ENSLAVED by unfounded and erroneous fears which can be exploited by others to control the cretins' behavior like hapless rats in a lab experiment.  These voodoo followers deserve more pity than ridicule since they are pathetic victims of their own stunted minds, who are doomed to a life of perpetual under-achievement resultant from their own self-imposed lunacy.   The lights are on in their brains, but sadly no one is home.  To anyone who falls into that sorry category of human being, please accept my deepest condolences on the horrible death of your skull contents.

@Jakumo

listen and listen good !!!  cool

all this unnecessary braggadaccio is uncalled for  tongue am wondering though quietly here who u are trying to impress with words that u could have simplified better so that many more would understand . . .majority of the stans here would have to scamper and get their dico cos of some of ur coinages, but would that be the essence of the thread ? in educating peeps on issues like this, UNNECESSARY SHOW-OFF OF LITERARY SKILLS IS UNCALLED FOR !  tongue

back @ topic

anyone that feels Juju doesnt exist is only being foolish and adamantly ignorant . . . .OR WHAT EXPLAINS WHY ANYONE HASNT COME BACK HERE TO SAY HERE IS THE RESEARCH I HAVE MADE INTO THIS ISSUE  . . .

HEARSAY MY ARSE  embarassed

what explains someone telling u that he's got some funny objects crawling in his body ?  undecided any takers to explain that scientifically ?
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by morpheus24: 4:05am On Aug 07, 2008
Dr Kitaun:

anyone that feels Juju doesnt exist is only being foolish and adamantly ignorant . . . .OR WHAT EXPLAINS WHY ANYONE HASNT COME BACK HERE TO SAY HERE IS THE RESEARCH I HAVE MADE INTO THIS ISSUE . . .

HEARSAY MY ARSE embarassed

what explains someone telling u that he's got some funny objects crawling in his body ? undecided any takers to explain that scientifically ?

mental illness, hypnosis, power of persuasion. Haven't you seen people being hypnotized before or do you think that is Oyinbo juju.

When I was quite young and Yes this happened in my village. A so called witch doctor had proclaimed that the reason one of a certain familie's member was mentally retarded was because of something someone had done in the family to bring such misfortune to them . He made this poor people poor out their life savings into fighting and warding of this evil so it would not afflict any more of their generations to come. I believed it then because I was ignorant, come to find out it was only part of their genetics that caused this and no such curse so need to ward anything off.

Please document this proof for us so we can all be on the same page and our naivety can be put to shame seeing that we have no idea what you are talking about.
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by Jakumo(m): 6:59am On Aug 07, 2008
Morpheus you have highlighted a
morpheus24:

mental illness, hypnosis, power of persuasion. Haven't you seen people being hypnotized before or do you think that is Oyinbo juju.

Please document this proof for us so we can all be on the same page and our naivety can be put to shame seeing that we have no idea what you are talking about.

Morpheus you have touched on a salient point in your reference to hypnotic suggestion and the powers of persuasion.  Anyone who has witnessed a professional entertainment hypnotist inducing members of the audience to engage in acts that they would  never contemplate while fully conscious cannot but marvel at the inherent weakness of the human will in the hands of an accomplished hypnotist.

It is not beyond the realms of feasibility to imagine that SOME Nigerian Juju men MAY have acquired the rudiments of hypnotic procedure sufficiently to lure otherwise unwilling victims to their grisly slaughter in jungle shrines, though sedative-laced food or drink can just as easily produce comparable results.  There is, however, absolutely NOTHING even remotely "magical" at play in any of those abduction techniques, and the end result is the same - an innocent human being is callously butchered to no material benefit for anyone besides those who market worthless human parts to fellow imbeciles.

Dr. Kitaun, I do thank you for your opinion that my flat rejection of unproven myths about magical feats is indicative of my being " foolish and adamantly ignorant ".   I shall wear that label with great pride, because, unlike the teeming hordes of "wise" people like you who would joyfully participate in the street mob murder of innocent victims randomly accused of witchcraft or genital theft, I shall never fall for a cock-and-bull story of the supernatural which fails to satisfy scientific scrutiny, and which has NEVER been documented on film.  Have a nice day, sir.
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by Blackman75(m): 11:31am On Aug 07, 2008
The TRUE GOD is wise and he CREATE all his CREATURES according to their kinds, SPECIES AND WHATEVER CATEGORIES YOU WILL PUT THEM. A CAT( OR ANY OTHER ANIMAL) WILL NEVER BECOME a MAN OR WOMAN and VICE-VERSA. it's TIME we should STOP being deceived, WELL THE DECEPTION WILL go ON for as the bible says in 2TIMOTHY 3:13 "impostors and DECEIVERS WILL ABOUND THEY WILL BE DECEIVING AND THEY IN TURN WILL BE DECEIVED" If you listen carefully they may blaspheme that it is the Holy spirit that turn the Woman into a cat. They are all bunch of LAWLESS PEOPLE who take LAW into their hands to KILL FELLOW humans. NONE OF US WILL ESCAPE GOD'S JUDGMENT either we do GOOD or BAD. It's BETA to do GOOD 4 a BETA JUDGMENT.
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by RichyBlacK(m): 7:31pm On Aug 07, 2008
The Yoruba Wars

Oyo, the great exporter of slaves in the eighteenth century, collapsed in a civil war after 1817, and by the middle of the 1830s the whole of Yorubaland was swept up in these civil wars. New centers of power--Ibadan, Abeokuta, Owo, and Warri--contested control of the trade routes and sought access to fresh supplies of slaves, which were important to repopulate the turbulent countryside. At this time, the British withdrew from the slave trade and began to blockade the coast. The blockade required some adjustments in the slave trade along the lagoons that stretched outward from Lagos, while the domestic market for slaves to be used as farm laborers and as porters to carry commodities to market easily absorbed the many captives that were a product of these wars.

War and slave raiding were complementary exercises among the Yoruba, who needed capital to buy the firearms with which they fought in a vicious cycle of war and enslavement. Military leaders were well aware of the connection between guns and enslavement.

Some of the emerging Yoruba states started as war camps during the period of chaos in which Oyo broke up and the Muslim revolutionaries who were allied to the caliphate conquered northern Yorubaland. Ibadan, which became the largest city in black Africa during the nineteenth century, owed its growth to the role it played in the Oyo civil wars. Ibadan's omuogun (war boys) raided far afield for slaves and held off the advance of the Fulani. They also took advantage of Benin's isolation to seize the roads leading to the flourishing slave port at Lagos. The threat that Ibadan would dominate Yorubaland alarmed its rivals and inspired a military alliance led by the Egba city of Abeokuta. Dahomey, to the west, further contributed to the insecurity by raiding deep into Yorubaland, the direction of raids depending upon its current alliances.

Source: http://countrystudies.us/nigeria/10.htm
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by RichyBlacK(m): 7:47pm On Aug 07, 2008
All those who still believe in juju please put down your answers:
1. Why were firearms necessary to fight in a "vicious cycle of war and enslavement"?
2. Was juju not in existence then in 1830s Yoruba land?
3. Why was gunpowder more potent than juju?
4. Was gunpowder an ingredient for making juju?
5. If gunpowder was necessary to make juju, why were guns necessary? (Please look up the meaning of firearms if in doubt)
6. Why were firearms so important that capital (money/owo/ego/kudi) was needed to buy it?
7. Is today's juju more potent than the juju the Yorubas had 180 years ago?
8. Why wasn't juju used to fight the Yoruba wars?
9. If juju was/is so powerful why did the Yorubas seek firearms to fight in the civil wars that engulfed the Yoruba states in the 1800s?
10. Does it mean that juju was/is just no match for guns and gunpowder, products of the scientific/engineering achievements of the thinking man?
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by Jakumo(m): 7:53pm On Aug 07, 2008
Great and relevant points, Richy, but our hard-core hocus-pocus believers will never change their stand, regardless of what facts are presented.  The juju-hounds will always have an answer to any question posed on the subject, but that answer will invariably make little or no sense from a real-world standpoint.     We are talking about BLIND faith, and closed, confused minds.

I have personally used my trusty 12-bore shotgun to fragment quite a few "bulllet proof" talismans to the utter dismay of the witch-doctors and OPC juju meisters who brought those items for ballistics tests, brimming with confidence about the efficacy of those animal parts, yet none of those demonstrations served to change any slowpoke minds about the concept of magic.
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by morpheus24: 8:14pm On Aug 07, 2008
[quote author=Jakumo link=topic=155525.msg2624349#msg2624349 date=1218135220

I have personally used my trusty 12-bore shotgun to fragment quite a few "bulllet proof" talismans to the utter dismay of the witch-doctors and OPC juju meisters who brought those items for ballistics tests, brimming with confidence about the efficacy of those animal parts, yet none of those demonstrations served to change any slowpoke minds about the concept of magic.
[quote][/quote]

hehehehehe!. I would much like to use bulletproof people for target practice. Just to get my aim accurate you know. lol
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by lucabrasi(m): 8:31pm On Aug 07, 2008
RichyBlacK:

All those who still believe in juju please put down your answers:

im not a babalawo neither is anyone in my family but i know and im sure that it does exist, you are not more educated or enlightened than the tejuoshos but ask anyone that was close to them how the tejuoso matriach was assasinated, and how many times she was shot and didnt die untill they had to use bare hands to strangle her
1)the reason is that white people like the aztecs,arabs e.t.c indulged in their own magic and it was simply one over the other,doesnt mean that its not in existence.
2)juju was  inexistence in 1830s yoruba land
3)gunpowder is not more potent than juju,if you are in nigeria any opc will prove that to you in a heartbeat,if you dont find any to,ill be happy to tell you where i live and if u give the guy just 200naira or somethn he ll prove it to you.
4)i really dont know ,but what i have seen is what i know and can vouch for
5)that still doesnt make traditional medicine totally fake does it?
6)because same as other commodities,money was needed,the white people needed a lot of money to develop their own weapons so do the babalawos need money to buy goats,tortoise and stuffs they use
7)no,today's juju is not as potent and the reason is simple, they cant get away with a lot of rituals they did in the old days, will you provide a new born baby for sacrifice to a babalawo today?or will you provide say 5 virgins for sacrifice today?remember all these juju ou r on about need human blood for full potency,if u substitute human blood with chicken then it doesnt work or is weak,its like using a motorcycle battery to power a car.
cooljuju was used to fight the yoruba wars,im an indigene of osun state hence the modakeke side,trust me i know how many people my dad rehabilitated who ran to lagos and workn for him and the scars of what they experienced
9)they used firearms ANDjuju to fight,u just dont hear of it because they were mostly illiterate,many of our cultures have gone down the drain because our forefathers couldnt and didnt document them, during the "agbekoya wars"there were reports of them using ordinary native eggs to burn a whole building down,policemen being charmed so they couldnt remove their uniforms as it was stuck to their skins e.t.c i know cause im intersted in these histories and actually ask old people
10)well look at it this way,white people have continually researched into new ways of and new forms of weaponry,they have spent trillions of dollars on researches which they have continued to do up untill today,first of all the advent of christianity made many people drop the whole fetish stuffs,secondly all of them were illiterates so couldnt document their potions,spells e.t.c so more often than not it died with them,for people that actually have some written down it is really useless in this day and age to have for example african bullet proof if you r aspiring to university and a bank job,or why would you need to have jazz thatu can use in calling someone from their sleep and killing them?
dont forget all these jazz need regular sacrifices of all sorts so if a father knows his son cannot handle the stress he l rather destroy it,look at the mafia family of the 50s,60s and 70s, when it was no more fashionable fathers mad their children leave the old ways and go legit thats what happened with juju.
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by lucabrasi(m): 8:36pm On Aug 07, 2008
@richyblack
did the illiterate yoruba obas,chiefs citizens who couldnt even use the buttom of a bottle to form the letter "o" the same that wrote these eloquent accounts of what war was like in the 1800s?
remember also that it wasnt like a case of africans versus white invaders,it was africans infighting amongst each other,and they all had their own juju s of diffrent potency, untill we can vouch for the 100% veracity of that article because we wernt there neither was it a word for word account in the hands of these yorubas why should it be believed
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by tpia: 8:38pm On Aug 07, 2008
@ Dr Kitaun

what explains someone telling u that he's got some funny objects crawling in his body ?   any takers to explain that scientifically ?

Formication is a somewhat unusual, but medically well-known, abnormal sensation. This sensation closely resembles the feeling of insects crawling on and/or under the skin, and can also include sensations which resemble those of insects stinging or biting. There are many known causes of formication.

The word is derived etymologically from the Latin word formica, meaning "ant", precisely because of this similarity in sensation to that of crawling insects.

Formication is a specific form of the general set of abnormal skin sensations known as paresthesia, and thus it is related to the sensation known as "pins and needles", and other tingling sensations.

Some people suffering the sensation of formication find it to be annoying, others find it painful, and some find it itchy. Those who find it to be itchy may in some cases repeatedly scratch themselves until they bleed, causing skin damage and sores. (In the subset of cases where the sufferer is delirious or intoxicated because of high fever, substance abuse, or extreme alcohol withdrawal, this repeated scratching is very common indeed.)

Formication can on occasion lead to people becoming fixated on the sensation and its possible meaning, and these people may develop delusional parasitosis. This is a situation where individuals are convinced that there are real insects crawling on and/or under their skin, whereas in reality there are no insects involved, just a crawling sensation. It is fairly easy to misunderstand the significance and causality of the "creepy crawly" sensation of formication.

Causes

Causes of formication include medical conditions such as diabetic neuropathy, skin cancer, or herpes zoster as well as normal states such as menopause (i.e. hormone withdrawal). Formication can also sometimes be experienced during high fevers. Itching, tingling and formication ("the creeps"wink often occur when surfacing from a dive or during ascent to altitude (decompression sickness).

It can be a rare side effect of many prescription drugs such as Ritalin, Adderall and Lunesta.

In addition, formication can be caused by the withdrawal component of substance abuse. It is a common side-effect of the extensive use of cocaine or methamphetamine, or the abusive use of amphetamines. Extreme alcohol withdrawal may also cause symptoms of formication, along with delirium tremens, and can often be accompanied by visual hallucinations of insects.

Formication was neatly described in 1890:

A variety of itching, often encountered in the eczema of elderly people, is formication; this is described as exactly like the crawling of myriads of animals over the skin. It is probably due to the successive irritation of nerve fibrils in the skin. At times patients who suffer from it will scarcely be persuaded that it is not due to insects. Yielding to the temptation to scratch invariably makes the disease worse.

The term formication has been in use for several hundred years. In the 1797 edition of the Encyclopædia Britannica, a description of the condition raphania includes the symptom:

, a formication, or sensation as of ants or other small insects creeping on the parts.

References
^ William Allan Jamieson, Diseases of the Skin: A Manual for Practitioners and Students, 1890
^ Encyclopædia Britannica, 1797, page 260

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formication
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by RichyBlacK(m): 8:50pm On Aug 07, 2008
Jakumo,

It's a tough battle trying to enlighten some Nigerians on this subject. I have countless historical points on this issue, from the British assault on the old Benin Empire, to the inter-clan battles in Eastern Nigeria, and to the the famous Yoruba Wars. All point to the fact that when push comes to shove, when the will of men clash to the point of seeking the destruction of the other, when all rules are gone and men are reduced to their basest and beast-like forms, juju vanishes into the nothingness it came from!
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by Jakumo(m): 9:00pm On Aug 07, 2008
Lucabrasi you are clearly a PROFESSOR of JUJUological Science, and I doff my hat for the great effort you apply towards making non-believers in magic turn into people just like you.   I can't make head or tail of your lengthy and convoluted dissertation, but you sound really committed to your cause, or should I say you are an ideal candidate to be committed.  

Say, why not just go ahead and log off that computer of yours, in order to to communicate telepathically with us using your tried and tested Jujulogical MEANS ?   Why stoop so low as to rely on the white man's computer for communication when you so obviously occupy a HIGHER plane of consciousness in which all this backward computer technology is obsolete  ?

@ Rich I hear ya about that uphill enlightenment battle, but poking fun at these magic proponents can be very entertaining to say the least.
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by lucabrasi(m): 9:32pm On Aug 07, 2008
@jakumo
as you can see,i was not and never directed any of my comments at you,i only responded to richyblack's questions, call me whatever but i wont go into a verbal slanging match with you because frankly i have better stuffs to do e.g playing video games,facebook e.t.c
the question of you not making head nor tail of my commnents shouldnt arise neither should me being a jujuologist or whaever should arise because i wasnt talking to you in the first place,i have read other comments from you on this thread and you will notice that i have avoided responding to you,so please ignore me and if anyone has to tell me he s not making head nor tail of my comments let it be the individual i responded to,you didnt see @jakumo anywhere there did you?
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by Jakumo(m): 9:42pm On Aug 07, 2008
This is an OPEN forum, Big Guy, so please don't spoil the fun for me. There is nothing wrong with advocating absurdity, as long as you realize that ANYONE is free to respond and laugh in your face.

You're not doing a very good job of ignoring me, by the way, and I am standing by for a few telepathic missiles of hate and indignation from you. Who knows dude, if you concentrate hard enough, you just might be able to turn me into a fire hydrant against which all the neighborhood dogs can have their way. Go for it dude. You is da man.
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by lucabrasi(m): 10:14pm On Aug 07, 2008
Jakumo:

This is an OPEN forum, Big Guy, so please don't spoil the fun for me. There is nothing wrong with advocating absurdity, as long as you realize that ANYONE is free to respond and laugh in your face.

You're not doing a very good job of ignoring me, by the way, and I am standing by for a few telepathic missiles of hate and indignation from you. Who knows dude, if you concentrate hard enough, you just might be able to turn me into a fire hydrant against which all the neighborhood dogs can have their way. Go for it dude. You is da man.
sights, ok i hear you knock yourself out but im avoiding the verbal barbs me and between insults don't magically change people's mind about their opinions and you cant laugh in my face cause this is a virtual world dont take it too serious dude
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by RichyBlacK(m): 10:47pm On Aug 07, 2008
lucabrasi:

im not a babalawo neither is anyone in my family but i know and im sure that it does exist, you are not more educated or enlightened than the tejuoshos but ask anyone that was close to them how the tejuoso matriach was assasinated, and how many times she was shot and didnt die untill they had to use bare hands to strangle her
1)the reason is that white people like the aztecs,arabs e.t.c indulged in their own magic and it was simply one over the other,doesnt mean that its not in existence.
2)juju was  inexistence in 1830s yoruba land
3)gunpowder is not more potent than juju,if you are in nigeria any opc will prove that to you in a heartbeat,if you don't find any to,ill be happy to tell you where i live and if u give the guy just 200naira or somethn he ll prove it to you.
4)i really don't know ,but what i have seen is what i know and can vouch for
5)that still doesnt make traditional medicine totally fake does it?
6)because same as other commodities,money was needed,the white people needed a lot of money to develop their own weapons so do the babalawos need money to buy goats,tortoise and stuffs they use
7)no,today's juju is not as potent and the reason is simple, they can't get away with a lot of rituals they did in the old days, will you provide a new born baby for sacrifice to a babalawo today?or will you provide say 5 virgins for sacrifice today?remember all these juju ou r on about need human blood for full potency,if u substitute human blood with chicken then it doesnt work or is weak,its like using a motorcycle battery to power a car.
cooljuju was used to fight the yoruba wars,im an indigene of osun state hence the modakeke side,trust me i know how many people my dad rehabilitated who ran to lagos and workn for him and the scars of what they experienced
9)they used firearms ANDjuju to fight,u just don't hear of it because they were mostly illiterate,many of our cultures have gone down the drain because our forefathers couldnt and didnt document them, during the "agbekoya wars"there were reports of them using ordinary native eggs to burn a whole building down,policemen being charmed so they couldnt remove their uniforms as it was stuck to their skins e.t.c i know cause im intersted in these histories and actually ask old people
10)well look at it this way,white people have continually researched into new ways of and new forms of weaponry,they have spent trillions of dollars on researches which they have continued to do up untill today,first of all the advent of christianity made many people drop the whole fetish stuffs,secondly all of them were illiterates so couldnt document their potions,spells e.t.c so more often than not it died with them,for people that actually have some written down it is really useless in this day and age to have for example african bullet proof if you r aspiring to university and a bank job,or why would you need to have jazz thatu can use in calling someone from their sleep and killing them?
don't forget all these jazz need regular sacrifices of all sorts so if a father knows his son cannot handle the stress he l rather destroy it,look at the mafia family of the 50s,60s and 70s, when it was no more fashionable fathers mad their children leave the old ways and go legit thats what happened with juju.

@lucabrasi,

You mean you truly believe all you wrote, or are you just trying to pull my legs?  grin

Let's analyze the situation in early 1800 Yoruba states:
* The juju then was more potent than today's juju.
* Today's juju can turn a corpse into money.
* So, why would they seek capital, when they could easily have created capital with juju, using the corpses of captured enemy combatants?
* If juju was so potent, and even more potent than gunpowder (as you claim), then why did they seek capital to purchase the inferior weapon - firearms?
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by DrKitaun(m): 12:45am On Aug 08, 2008
and they say this Jakumo has something in his brain . . . embarassed

@JAKUMO

seriously though . . .ur making snide remarks about people who have told u that juju exist is absofuckinglutely ridiculous and unbecoming of someone that people used to look up to on NL . . .mayne u lost all regard I had for u prior to coming on this thread and its getting worse, just maybe u are getting to think u are the next best thing on Nland . . .sorry dude, Seun will rather ban ur id tongue grin
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by Jakumo(m): 6:57am On Aug 08, 2008
Dr. Kitaun, I feel very strongly opposed to irrational supertitions because I have seen with my own eyes how human beings are hunted down and MURDERED in broad daylight by hysterical believers in witchcraft. 

In a village where I was pretty well known in Nigeria, I once pulled over my vehicle and begged IN VAIN for the life of an apprehended person to be spared after he was caught stealing exercise books in a primary school classroom.  In response to my appeal, a wild-eyed person from the mob slammed a huge rock against the skull of the offender. After I drove away from the scene the murder was carried out and the body set aflame with petrol-soaked tires.

You may say that there is no correlation between the lynching of PETTY thieves in Nigeria and the daylight mob murder of other innocents FALSELY accused of witchcraft, genital theft, or species transformation, but I would beg to differ, for I see those mob actions as being symptomatic of the same NATIONAL malaise that compells so many seemingly sane Nigerians to place so little value on human life to the extent that they unhesitatingly commit murder in the streets in response to ANY screamed accusation.

If my disgust and absolute loathing for irrational belief is evident in the sarcasm with which I respond to those who choose to remain superstitious, then it is because I recognize the Nigerian and African variants of superstition as being infinitely more malignant and destructive to society than the comparatively innocent superstitions held by a minuscule minority of Westerners who, for example, may confess an aversion to walking across the path taken by a black cat, or who become apprehensive if they accidentally break a mirror.   Those minor quirks of European eccentricity bear no comparison at all to the human sacrifice, torture and mob murders that occur all the time in Africa at the hands of those whose faculties remain mired in a dark past that is centuries old.
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by lucabrasi(m): 2:26pm On Aug 08, 2008
RichyBlacK:

@lucabrasi,

You mean you truly believe all you wrote, or are you just trying to pull my legs? grin

Let's analyze the situation in early 1800 Yoruba states:
* The juju then was more potent than today's juju.
* Today's juju can turn a corpse into money.
* So, why would they seek capital, when they could easily have created capital with juju, using the corpses of captured enemy combatants?
* If juju was so potent, and even more potent than gunpowder (as you claim), then why did they seek capital to purchase the inferior weapon - firearms?

ill tell you something,i used to be a sceptic and the kind of person that will call our opc gatemen,dare them to do some of these stuffs and bring out 1 or 2 thousand naira,thats why i have seen them do it,also i do same thing when i go to our home town as well and what all these old people dislike and can get them really pissed offf is to tell them u dont believe,i also read a book about yorubas generally,the way the obas ruled sacrificed humans e.t.c thats why i have an insight on these things

yes juju was more potent in the old days than it is now,as for turning people into money,remember the first point i made in my reply to your comment was if the yorubas of these days actually wrote these accounts in the article in their own words or someone's perspective?im sure we both know that its a massive diffrence, look at the holy bible and quran thousands of years and there are still arguments on both sides about whose perspectives are correct and f it was written by a particular set of people,look at the story of black people and egypt,look at the controversy surrounding the true colour of jesus christ e.t.c

*now,as for turning people into money,how many people would they turn to money to procure weapons?look at it this way,in the old days was there anything called globalisation??there was no contact with the outside world,no international business,trade e.t.c
so lets assume they did use their enemies for money and had what they will consider a lot of money,would that match the might of the british empire for instance or the portuguese?remember these days even when we read accounts of people who have indulged in money ritual,its always done as a meansto an end i.e use the money from the ritual to go into business and them replicate it,dyu really think that the yorubas and other africans of that time had a chance with that?they had all the odds stacked against them
1)illiteracy
2)the best they could hope to do with the money is trade within their immediate kingdom which is still chicken feed compared to superior colonial powers, remember a yoruba man going to ordinary benin was like travelling abroad in these days not to talk of calabar,ibo land e.t.c
3)who will sell these firearms to them even if they had themoney to buy it?even now centuries later,you will and can only buy weapons the g8 want you to buy as a developing/third world country, talk less of the 1800s

well as to your question about gunpowder,like i said the yorubas had trad bullet proof to ward off gun powder in guns,remember the whites had musket balls(not sure what its called)but i meant the small balls,they had canons e.t.c much mre superior to ordinary guns they were used to not forgetting that the invaders were united in their purpose and the yorubas were and have always been dis united,with the divide and counquer.
again thats just me being a layman
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by DrKitaun(m): 11:52pm On Aug 08, 2008
@Jakumo

I expected much more from u . . .please don't fall my hand naw  wink

I NEVER SAID IT WAS RIGHT TO ALLOW JUNGLE JUSTICE PREVAIL  . . .neither did I say y'all should believe in the potency of Juju, but best believe JUJU EXISTS !

burning petty thieves or people accused of wicthcraft is not the issue here, the issue is IN THE FISRT INSTANCE DOES JUJU EXIST ?

in agreeing or compromising on any stand here any further . . .let me just ask u DO You BELIEVE THAT THERE ARE PRINCIPALTIES AND POWERS ?

DO You BELIEVE THAT THERE ARE FORCES OF DARKNESS ?

DO You BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE EFFECTIVELY ANSWERS ALL QUESTIONS THAT RELATE TO THE SUPERNATURAL ?

DO You BELIEVE THAT THERE IS A LIVING GOD ?

DO You BELIEVE THAT MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE IN POWER ARE ENARMOURED WITH JUJU OR WHAT EXPLAINS THE JUJU SCAM BEING INVESTIGATED ON SAM EDEM ?

DO You DISCARD THE BELIEVE ALSO THAT MONEY-MAKING RITUALS ARE PERFECTED WITH JUJU ?

Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by Nobody: 4:14am On Aug 09, 2008
No, Animals dnt turn into humans, humans are animals themselves. tongue tongue
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by Jakumo(m): 6:30am On Aug 09, 2008
Dr Kitaun:

@Jakumo

I expected much more from u . . .please don't fall my hand naw  wink

I NEVER SAID IT WAS RIGHT TO ALLOW JUNGLE JUSTICE PREVAIL  . . .neither did I say y'all should believe in the potency of Juju, but best believe JUJU EXISTS !

burning petty thieves or people accused of wicthcraft is not the issue here, the issue is IN THE FISRT INSTANCE DOES JUJU EXIST ?

in agreeing or compromising on any stand here any further . . .let me just ask u DO You BELIEVE THAT THERE ARE PRINCIPALTIES AND POWERS ?

DO You BELIEVE THAT THERE ARE FORCES OF DARKNESS ?

DO You BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE EFFECTIVELY ANSWERS ALL QUESTIONS THAT RELATE TO THE SUPERNATURAL ?

DO You BELIEVE THAT THERE IS A LIVING GOD ?

DO You BELIEVE THAT MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE IN POWER ARE ENARMOURED WITH JUJU OR WHAT EXPLAINS THE JUJU SCAM BEING INVESTIGATED ON SAM EDEM ?

DO You DISCARD THE BELIEVE ALSO THAT MONEY-MAKING RITUALS ARE PERFECTED WITH JUJU ?

Dr. K I am relieved and reassured to hear that you share my horror for the epidemic of mob killings and ritual murders that take place all over Nigeria and much of Africa.   I will now try to respond to the questions you pose.

As Rich has repeated a few times here, there is no doubt that juju rituals are carried out by people who are bent on living lives of ignorance, but other that the FAKE sense of accomplishment or confidence that those rituals insitill in beilevers, there are simply NO practical benefits to ANY of those rituals, no matter how elaborate or gory they may be.   

I wholeheartedly agree with you that EVIL does exist and has existed in the minds and actions of many depraved people stretching back into history, with names like  Adolf Hitler of Germany, Pol Pot of Cambodia and Idi Amin of Uganda serving as prominent examples of how entire nations can be decimated when such sadistic and insane individuals rise to power as national leaders.

I also concur  that science does not have answers to all the mysteries of the universe.  The legend of the Loch Ness Monster has not been solved despite numerous expeditions by boats laden with sophisticated sonar and computer gear,  UFO's ( Unidentified Flying Objects ) continue to be seen and filmed by countless credible witnesses including military and commercial aircraft pilots, and in remote jungles of Asia and North America, strange humanoid beings are on record as having been seen by hundreds of witnesses over generations, yet none of these apparitions have been conclusively proven to exist by science.   With the exception of a few die-hard investigators and sundry nutcases, however, nobody in civilised societies of the world devotes time or effort to investigating any of the above mysteries beyond taking in the occasional television show on the subject.

While it may be possible that quite a few Nigerian "leaders"  may harbor juju beliefs, and even engage in pointless rituals, there will NEVER be any practical benefits attainable from such time and money-wasting efforts, beyond the false sense of power they impart in the feeble minds of those who engage in hocus-pocus procedures.

Finally I will state with ABSOLUTE conviction that money can NEVER be conjured out of dead human or animal parts, UNLESS those parts are harvested by MEDICAL personnel under sterile conditions, for use as vital organ transplants into patients who require them to stay alive.  In that narrow category, human parts are worth a lot of money.   If it were in fact possible for witch-doctors to produce cash from human skulls, as many Nigerians believe, Nigeria would be the richest nation on earth.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Amina Zakari: The Reason PDP Diverting APC – Senator Ndoma-egba / Cross-Over Night: Enugu Government Bans Burning Of Tyres On Roads / President Buhari Swears In Yakubu Mamood As INEC Chairman For A Second Term

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.