Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,880 members, 7,817,594 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? (13265 Views)

Rivers People Now Viewed As Barbarians That Behead Fellow Human Beings’ – APC / Do Not Turn Igboland To Syria / Ibadan Wonders!!! Strange Fish Turns Into Human In Ibadan (LOOK) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by okunola1: 11:52am On Aug 09, 2008
I think guys are beginning to mix things up. There is no contesting the fact that black magic (juju) does exist. I have with my own eyes seen a person stabbed with a knife and it did not penetrate his body. I have witnessed a situation where a person locks a padlock and three different pistols fired at him were all jammed. I have seen festivals in my village where a canoe that should move on water was actually being paddled on land and it was moving without tyres or rollers. All these are incidents of black magic. It has been in practice since pre-colonian times, some slaves that were taken from west africa took this magic to America and that is why we have voodoo practice there as well.

If you say there is no black magic which we call juju, then basically you are trying to dodge the truth. It does exist and we all know it. The issue at hand is the posibility of a human turning into an animal physically. There are witches and wizards, Even the bible acknowledges this class of people as being evil and not deserving to live. But the truth is that this people have spiritual powers which operates in the spirit and not in the physical. When you say that one turns into a cat or a bat or any other animal as it may be, it is not in the physical. It is in the spiritual. Physically that person is still human. They can only operate in an animal physically by possessing the animal. i.e imputing an evil spirit into the animal so they can control its body.

If you are observant, you will notice that there are different level of spiritism. There is a level in the spiritual that is very much similar to the physical. This is the level that affects what happens in the physical. Anyone who can operate at that level can change things that happen in the physical. That is where witches and wizards operate. They have harnested the secrets and powers to operate there. At this level of the spiritual, you can imagine a thing and it will be manifested to you. For instance if someone is fighting with you, you want a knife, just imagine it and it will come to you. So at this level you can wish to be a cat and you will see yourself as a cat.

If you know how about this level, It will be difficult for anyone or anything to manipulate your destiny. Its just that we are ignorant of this and that is why we often cry that we are being manipulated. But of course you dont have to learn to exist in this level, if the gift is not given you of God, it becomes difficult. That is why most cults have learnt to meditate. Meditation takes you into this level. For those who are church goers, prayer is another tool that can be used to counter any thing decreed against you at that level. So prayer still remains the most powerful tool of all.

That is why the bible says we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities and powers and wickedness in high places. Physically you cannot become a animal, spiritually it is possible. That is the true knowledge.
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by bluehorizo(m): 1:03pm On Aug 09, 2008
okunola1

Bless your heart.
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by Jakumo(m): 3:14pm On Aug 09, 2008
okunola1:

I have with my own eyes seen a person stabbed with a knife and it did not penetrate his body. I have witnessed a situation where a person locks a padlock and three different pistols fired at him were all jammed. I have seen festivals in my village where a canoe that should move on water was actually being paddled on land and it was moving without tyres or rollers. All these are incidents of black magic. It has been in practice since pre-colonian times, some slaves that were taken from west africa took this magic to America and that is why we have voodoo practice there as well.

Okunola you have merely been entertained by skilled illusionists, whose tools of trade include loud but harmless blank-firing guns and other sleight-of-hand, smoke-and-mirrors visual trickery that is the bread and butter of professional entertainment "magicians" such as the American duo Penn and Teller.

The feats you think you witnessed are no more realistic than the physics-defying movie special-effects shown in Hollywood Batman movies, and also with far less dexterity in those hilarious Nigerian videos whose plots generally include generous doses of the implausible, and even more of the impossible .  Separate fact from fiction and you will be far less likely to ever get hoodwinked by scammers offerring something for nothing.
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by 1luvkipsus: 4:20pm On Aug 09, 2008
Idiotic! Idiotic!! Idiotic!!! I am disappointed. Another person would have been banned for 'using foul language'. Seun, your people should stop being 'animahuman'.
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by lucabrasi(m): 8:00pm On Aug 09, 2008
Jakumo:

Okunola you have merely been entertained by skilled illusionists, whose tools of trade include loud but harmless blank-firing guns and other sleight-of-hand, smoke-and-mirrors visual trickery that is the bread and butter of professional entertainment "magicians" such as the American duo Penn and Teller.

The feats you think you witnessed are no more realistic than the physics-defying movie special-effects shown in Hollywood Batman movies, and also with far less dexterity in those hilarious Nigerian videos whose plots generally include generous doses of the implausible, and even more of the impossible . Separate fact from fiction and you will be far less likely to ever get hoodwinked by scammers offerring something for nothing.
common now,arnt you stretching things a bit too far now ? grin grin grin
illiterate villagers as skilled illusionists ??lol
blank firing guns
even nollywood dont have aces to blank firing guns,illusions e.t.c
pls do better than that,as i really wish you ll convince me that juju is totally fake
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by Jakumo(m): 8:27pm On Aug 09, 2008
Luca any muzzle-loading dane-gun can be packed with powder but no pellets so that it goes off with a monstrous bang that is entirely harmless to anyone more than a couple of feet away from the shooter.  Dane guns are the traditional weapons most commonly used by Nigerian hunters, and a permit is not even required to posses one.

The only aspects of juju which are real are those which exist in the willing minds of believers.  All other demonstrations of magic are accomplished with trickery of one form or another, depending on the resources available to the juju-man or entertainment magician.
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by lucabrasi(m): 8:52pm On Aug 09, 2008
Jakumo:

Luca any muzzle-loading dane-gun can be packed with powder but no pellets so that it goes off with a monstrous bang that is entirely harmless to anyone more than a couple of feet away from the shooter. Dane guns are the traditional weapons most commonly used by Nigerian hunters, and a permit is not even required to posses one.

The only aspects of juju which are real are those which exist in the willing minds of believers. All other demonstrations of magic are accomplished with trickery of one form or another, depending on the resources available to the juju-man or entertainment magician.
hmmm, the same muzzle loading dane guns they use in killing antelopes and all the exotic animals they display on the naija expressway?and you r on about sleight of hand and what not,from illiterate village hunters??common man
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by Jakumo(m): 9:03pm On Aug 09, 2008
You missed the point. Pack pellets on top of the powder charge in a dane-gun, and it will kill when accurately aimed, though dane guns are notorious for occasionally exploding in the hands of the shooter if not properly loaded.

Load a dane-gun with gun-powder ALONE (NO pellets), and you get a huge explosion, a lot of smoke, but NO flying pellets to cause harm.

Anyway now that I have learned that Nigerian Juju-men can earn up to 4 million US dollars for a single government contract, I have changed my stand and will now embark on a new career as a witch doctor in Abuja. Wish me luck.
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by lucabrasi(m): 9:22pm On Aug 09, 2008
i get it now,but the fact still remains that you are attributing way too much skills to simple illiterate villagers just cause you want to prove your point,even if its possible to shoot blanks the traditional way,sleight of hand,trick mirrors e.t.c is wayyyy out, as for going to abuja to be a trad medicine practitioner,im sure u will come back here and have enough storie to tell after they have given you their own fire baptism
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by RichyBlacK(m): 8:05am On Aug 10, 2008
lucabrasi:

i get it now,but the fact still remains that you are attributing way too much skills to simple illiterate villagers just cause you want to prove your point,even if its possible to shoot blanks the traditional way,sleight of hand,trick mirrors e.t.c is wayyyy out, as for going to abuja to be a trad medicine practitioner,im sure u will come back here and have enough storie to tell after they have given you their own fire baptism

Three questions:
1. Are there any limits to the power of juju?
2. If so, what are these limits?
3. Is there anything juju cannot do?

Thanks!
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by lucabrasi(m): 9:33am On Aug 10, 2008
RichyBlacK:

Three questions:

Thanks!
1.of course there are limits to the power of juju just like there are limits to what science can do or explain
2.well,that is difficult to say just like its difficult to know the limits of western science
3.there are stuffs juju cannot do just like there are stuffs modern scince cannot do,the way i see it and others can disagree,there are some things GOD will not allow so that we will believe in his soveriegnity,omnipotence e.t.c
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by basilist7(m): 9:39am On Aug 10, 2008
Myth or folklores, it's not true. Human are humans and animals remain animals.
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by Mustay(m): 2:44pm On Aug 10, 2008
The "Cat turns into woman " thread that led to this topic was shown on the popular tv show owned by kolawole olawuyi; 'nkan be' which means Strange but True. Residents claimed they saw this woman turn into a cat with their 'koro koro' eyes. The cat woman's story was actually incoherent. Although the woman and her son insisted that she ain't a witch, her son said it would be safe to call her SENILE.
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by Mustay(m): 2:47pm On Aug 10, 2008
Seun's story is quite different from the one on Kolawole's show. The woman/cat broke into a house at midnight and claimed to be looking for someone.
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by RichyBlacK(m): 2:42am On Aug 11, 2008
RichyBlacK:

Three questions:

Thanks!
lucabrasi:

1.of course there are limits to the power of juju just like there are limits to what science can do or explain
2.well,that is difficult to say just like its difficult to know the limits of western science
3.there are stuffs juju cannot do just like there are stuffs modern scince cannot do,the way i see it and others can disagree,there are some things GOD will not allow so that we will believe in his soveriegnity,omnipotence e.t.c

Firstly, the statement in bold is false! Science has identifiable limits.

Secondly, you DID NOT answer my questions. All you did was to try to compare juju with "western science". Please give examples of the limits of juju. I can give you examples of the limits of science (these limits are incontrovertible and based on the current state of science, since the knowledge base of what constitutes science is constantly growing):

1. A vehicle that can move faster than the speed of light cannot be manufactured through science/technology (see Einstein's relativity theory)
2. Science cannot stop an impending earthquake (tectonic forces are orders of magnitude much stronger than anything science can build)
3. No science can stop the earth's rotation about its axis (the earth's mass is 6 septillion kilograms - the angular momentum of the earth is just too large)
4. No science can stop the earth's revolution around the sun (no man-made force can match the Sun's gravitational pull on the earth)
5. Science cannot stop or predict the mutation of the AIDS virus (the fast replication cycle and high mutation rate of the virus results in a very high genetic variability - too high for scientists to deal with)

Now, you've admitted that juju has limits. Please give me concrete examples of these limits, without trying to make unnecessary comparisons with "western science". Thanks.
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by Caliente(m): 9:06am On Aug 11, 2008
basilist7:

Myth or folklores, it's not true. Human are humans and animals remain animals.

[size=13pt]Well that makes the stories in the bible myth or folklores, not true according to this idiotic assertion. What did Nebuccadnezzar turn into? And do you believe it happened?[/size]
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by magentam(f): 9:17am On Aug 11, 2008
@ Caliente

You do not have the right to call anybody's belief IDIOTIC! He may not be a christian,so what has the BIBLE got to do with it for such person's as BASILIST7. To some people,they may ask "who the hell is NEBUCCADNEZZAR?

This is a free world with different religions and beliefs and I respect people's beliefs. For me, ANIMALS DO NOT TURN INTO HUMAN BEINGS, even evolution got it wrong somewhere. Tu Comprends?
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by OmogeWBT(f): 9:19am On Aug 11, 2008
LOL. these things happen - but the Okada man might have been lying to save himself. But, I know they happen because, I just know!
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by Caliente(m): 9:58am On Aug 11, 2008
magentam:

@ Caliente

You do not have the right to call anybody's belief IDIOTIC! He may not be a christian,so what has the BIBLE got to do with it for such person's as BASILIST7. To some people,they may ask "who the hell is NEBUCCADNEZZAR?

This is a free world with different religions and beliefs and I respect people's beliefs. For me, ANIMALS DO NOT TURN INTO HUMAN BEINGS, even evolution got it wrong somewhere. Tu Comprends?

[size=13pt]I guess you are very right what do you say to the idiotic poster who called people idiotic nairalander for their belief. I'm only taking cue from the poster as far as this thread is concerned. As for who Nebuccadnezzar is, google it baby. If he's a muslim I still ask is the quaran all folklore and myth and not true? By the way I don't disrespect anybody's belief[/size]
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by RichyBlacK(m): 6:22am On Aug 12, 2008
Can someone give examples of the limitations of juju? Thanks.
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by Mustay(m): 9:09am On Aug 12, 2008
CHECK OUT www.babalawo.com for some limitations
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by lucabrasi(m): 2:32pm On Aug 12, 2008
RichyBlacK:

Firstly, the statement in bold is false! Science has identifiable limits.

Secondly, you DID NOT answer my questions. All you did was to try to compare juju with "western science". Please give examples of the limits of juju. I can give you examples of the limits of science (these limits are incontrovertible and based on the current state of science, since the knowledge base of what constitutes science is constantly growing):

1. A vehicle that can move faster than the speed of light cannot be manufactured through science/technology (see Einstein's relativity theory)
2. Science cannot stop an impending earthquake (tectonic forces are orders of magnitude much stronger than anything science can build)
3. No science can stop the earth's rotation about its axis (the earth's mass is 6 septillion kilograms - the angular momentum of the earth is just too large)
4. No science can stop the earth's revolution around the sun (no man-made force can match the Sun's gravitational pull on the earth)
5. Science cannot stop or predict the mutation of the AIDS virus (the fast replication cycle and high mutation rate of the virus results in a very high genetic variability - too high for scientists to deal with)

Now, you've admitted that juju has limits. Please give me concrete examples of these limits, without trying to make unnecessary comparisons with "western science". Thanks.
first of all,what you sated as the limits of science are just a limitation in a particular wing and not in totality,its relative because you dont know what advances are going on for instance in nasa because you are not privy to it,also like i said before while science has been advancing in leaps and bounds over the years untill now,enough researches,experiments e.t.c has been ongoing,you cant say the same of traditional african medicine,rather than it being researched upon it has been demonised and most of us are turining away from anything with a semblance of african culture and tradition,i dont really know how you want me to prove the limitation considering that im not a traditional medicine person and we all know that most practitioners are illiterates like i have pointed out before

before answeing your questions based on what i know,how exactly do you want me to give you concrete examples when im not privy to the mysteries of either the occult,sacrifices e.t.c does the fact that lucabraci is not privy to the secrets of the occult make my assertions wrong?
i dont know much about science and even i can google what you have asserted,meaning its there for public knowledge,traditional medicine by nature is not unless we see stuffs and we are not told the basis of it so there really is no basis for comparison simply because each operates on totally diffrent pedestal,rules and regulations
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by Seun(m): 2:47pm On Aug 12, 2008
lucabrasi:

i get it now,but the fact still remains that you are attributing way too much skills to simple illiterate villagers just cause you want to prove your point,even if its possible to shoot blanks the traditional way,sleight of hand,trick mirrors e.t.c is way out, as for going to Abuja to be a traditional medicine practitioner,im sure u will come back here and have enough stories to tell after they have given you their own fire baptism
You don't have to be educated to trick gullible people. Look at famous Yahoo boys. Are they particularly smart? No!
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by lucabrasi(m): 5:07pm On Aug 12, 2008
Seun:

You don't have to be educated to trick gullible people. Look at famous Yahoo boys. Are they particularly smart? No!
first there level of intelligence cant be compared to most villagers who havent even handled a pen or pencial and paper before in their lives,the yahoo job actually requires a lot of intelligence especially famous yahoo boys compared to the average villagers
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by RichyBlacK(m): 6:11pm On Aug 12, 2008
lucabrasi:

first of all,what you sated as the limits of science are just a limitation in a particular wing and not in totality,its relative because you don't know what advances are going on for instance in nasa because you are not privy to it,also like i said before while science has been advancing in leaps and bounds over the years untill now,enough researches,experiments e.t.c has been ongoing,you can't say the same of traditional african medicine,rather than it being researched upon it has been demonised and most of us are turining away from anything with a semblance of african culture and tradition,i don't really know how you want me to prove the limitation considering that im not a traditional medicine person and we all know that most practitioners are illiterates like i have pointed out before

before answeing your questions based on what i know,how exactly do you want me to give you concrete examples when im not privy to the mysteries of either the occult,sacrifices e.t.c does the fact that lucabraci is not privy to the secrets of the occult make my assertions wrong?
i don't know much about science and even i can google what you have asserted,meaning its there for public knowledge,traditional medicine by nature is not unless we see stuffs and we are not told the basis of it so there really is no basis for comparison simply because each operates on totally diffrent pedestal,rules and regulations

Well, you've just made it clear that your knowledge of science is very limited indeed. Science has its limits, and scientists do not hide these limits. For your information anyway, RichyBlack is a scientist.grin

Now, if you also are not privy to the juju knowledge base, then why do you speak on behalf of juju? You're a mere "observer" of juju and know nothing of how it works. Hence, you have no knowledge of its limitations.

Please, next time you meet someone who is actually knowledgeable about juju, ask him/her to tell you the limitations of juju.
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by RichyBlacK(m): 6:13pm On Aug 12, 2008
I seek to know the limitations of juju because I believe this is the easiest way to convey to juju-believers that what they call juju cannot alter the known physical laws of the universe.
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by dennisuba: 6:55am On Aug 13, 2008
if i believe dis story,THEN I AM AN IDIOT.
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by defuture: 1:32pm On Aug 13, 2008
shocked
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by lucabrasi(m): 9:48pm On Aug 13, 2008
RichyBlacK:

Well, you've just made it clear that your knowledge of science is very limited indeed. Science has its limits, and scientists do not hide these limits. For your information anyway, RichyBlack is a scientist.grin

Now, if you also are not privy to the juju knowledge base, then why do you speak on behalf of juju? You're a mere "observer" of juju and know nothing of how it works. Hence, you have no knowledge of its limitations.

Please, next time you meet someone who is actually knowledgeable about juju, ask him/her to tell you the limitations of juju.

well you have me an a disadvantage there,im neither a scientist neither do i have more than a cusory knowledge of it which you obviously do,the point here is not about the limitations of juju but if it actually exists,
i dont know the limitations,but i believe that juju exists even though i do not know the limits
same as someone else will agree with you that science might have its limitations even though they are not scientists right?
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by RichyBlacK(m): 1:26am On Aug 14, 2008
lucabrasi:

well you have me an a disadvantage there,im neither a scientist neither do i have more than a cusory knowledge of it which you obviously do,the point here is not about the limitations of juju but if it actually exists,
i don't know the limitations,but i believe that juju exists even though i do not know the limits
same as someone else will agree with you that science might have its limitations even though they are not scientists right?

True.

I used to believe in juju, however, when I started asking hard questions and seeking clear demonstrations of the power of juju, I began to realize that many Nigerians have been taken for a ride!

In my investigations about the limits of juju, I have been told the following by believers in juju:

1. Juju has no effect on the White man
2. The effect of juju is destroyed by water
3. Juju has no effect across an ocean or any large body of water
4. Juju cannot increase one's intelligence so as to pass an academic exam
5. Juju has no influence against anyone who does not believe in it.

Have you heard of any of these limitations? Can you share some other limitations you've heard?
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by debosky(m): 1:27am On Aug 14, 2008
Urine destroys juju grin
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by lucabrasi(m): 2:29am On Aug 14, 2008
RichyBlacK:

True.

I used to believe in juju, however, when I started asking hard questions and seeking clear demonstrations of the power of juju, I began to realize that many Nigerians have been taken for a ride!

In my investigations about the limits of juju, I have been told the following by believers in juju:

1. Juju has no effect on the White man
2. The effect of juju is destroyed by water
3. Juju has no effect across an ocean or any large body of water
4. Juju cannot increase one's intelligence so as to pass an academic exam
5. Juju has no influence against anyone who does not believe in it.

Have you heard of any of these limitations? Can you share some other limitations you've heard?

i have heard some of these as well,but we seem to be missing the facts here, the question is juju real?and the unequivocal answer is yes its real,

now is the white man's science more advanced?the answer again is yes,
what are the reasons?
1.because the fore bearers of juju were illiterates and many of their spells died with them as it was not written down(remember most of what we know about egypt was found engraved on walls e.t.c
2.the advent of christianity,islam into africa discouraging the worship of gods and practice of other african cultures
3.no government or private research funding for juju like science has over the years
i have not heard the last limitation you listed tho,but seeing as yopur stance on juju believe is clear,i gues you just had to chip that in

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Boko-Haram Kill 20 Civilians In Borno / Samano SA DE CV Accuses NNPC Officials, Others Of Oil Theft / 2 School Teachers, 6 Students Rescued From Kidnappers In FGGC, Kebbi

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.