Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) (27877 Views)

Breaking News: Shoprite Ikeja Sealed !!! / Shoprite Ibadan Imports Banana And Watermelon From Ghana And SA / 10 Types Of People You'll Probably Meet At Shoprite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by mazizitonene(m): 1:34pm On Dec 15, 2013
Poverty is a sin

1 Like

Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by Revolva(m): 1:34pm On Dec 15, 2013
na where person dey work person dey chop..so its chopright....

1 Like

Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by Coldfeet(f): 1:37pm On Dec 15, 2013
Na today? It happens every where!! All the malls I know in lagos have such people in their midst! they will tell u they are getting back at the company for maltreating them, I have witnessed a cashier packing wads of naira note into an accomplice shoppers bag!!!! They actually bought lots of things which will make it impossible for the security man to item check everything thing on the list especially during weekend or public holiday rush hour. I just smiled nodded my head in agreement and minded my damn business!!! This happened at the pack n shop outlet on adeola odeku! The customer was an INDIAN guy.
Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by Nobody: 1:37pm On Dec 15, 2013
Nadia_SA1: Cheiiii the letter is too long to read

Can I get a summary please
we understand how dumb girls are , just take your time u will finish it my dear.

1 Like

Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by TabletMan: 1:37pm On Dec 15, 2013
Okoberry:

I'm not surprised at your comment. It shows the character you are made of. I'm sure you don't in life earn a decent and honest income from your silly comment. Are the cashiers not being paid for their work? Would you be happy if it was your personal business that is being drained by conscienceless workers? Shame on you!
the guy just dey joke and u are here typing rubbish.
Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by rofemiguwa(f): 1:38pm On Dec 15, 2013
Addidea is worse dy will scann ur item twice den claim dy have gone off d printing page n plead u take ur item at d end of d day u find out that ur goods aint corresponding with what u paid.big time thieves

1 Like

Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by hollandis(f): 1:38pm On Dec 15, 2013
biodunid: I just sent the note below to Shoprite and hope they act on it but until they do I will suggest you read and safeguard yourself. If the security man had done a one to one check between my purchases and my receipt two months ago[b] the Cashier would have denied I paid cash for the sneakers and I would have been up the creek without a paddl[/b]e. Businesses that do not put in place adequate internal controls put us all at risk.

I thought you are educated enough ,why would you go to a mall and buy a service and not get a receipt?
Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by xandy84: 1:38pm On Dec 15, 2013
OP said cashier for shotrite dey scam their company by not recording sales! I tried to get what d guy said cos grammar 2 much self. Hope I tried?

alpha conde: I don't even understand what the op is talking about. Please can someone kindly tell me what hapenned
Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by NadiaSA1(f): 1:39pm On Dec 15, 2013
googlepikin: we understand how dumb girls are , just take your time u will finish it my dear.
angry angry
Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by Wadosky(m): 1:39pm On Dec 15, 2013
Their security at the gate will normally hide if you are going in especially when you go their late at nite and will accuse you of losing their tally and make you pay for the lost tally.it happened in enugu but as I be son of the soil I refused to fall for that.042 things
Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by hollandis(f): 1:42pm On Dec 15, 2013
biodunid:

On two of my last three monthly visits to your store at Ikeja I have been told by the Cashier that certain medium value (N2,000 - N3,000) items couldn't be scanned and that I should pay Cash.

When she said it couldn't be scanned ,why didn't you corrobate that info with other cashiers.Why didn't you ask questions.Are you a kid? Are you easily swayed?
Most of the things we feel are problems in Nigeria are actually because we fail to speak out.What if the cashiers story is true?Did you go and find out from the store manager? And how is that related to scamming Do you even know the definition of scam?

3 Likes

Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by Nobody: 1:42pm On Dec 15, 2013
Olugbenger: Op, you are wicked for exposing this. You are spoiling some poor folks source of income even when you claim to be very rich. embarassed embarassed

like smeone already asked, is this some sort of joke? If you are really serious, then you should be ashamed of yourself. Can you guys imagine how the RIGHT thing has now turned WICKEDNESS? The op senses that someone is stealing her employer blind, she decides to report the issue and you call it WICKEDNESS. Did you care to imagine how large the scale of this theft may be and how it affects the business? Did you care to imagine that the stocks are recorded and ultimately someone is accounatble and would pay for the loss? Can you tell me how you could ever defend this terrible act, going as far as vilifying the good person and vindicating a thief? How do you even sleep at night? In fact, i wonder how you make a living.

When i hear(or read) comments like yours, i wonder if Nigeria is indeed iredeemable like some people say.

3 Likes

Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by anti9JA: 1:42pm On Dec 15, 2013
Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by hollandis(f): 1:44pm On Dec 15, 2013
biodunid: [b] Apparently your [b]cashier was banking o[/b]n the volume of items bought to ensure that the security men wouldn't and couldn't carry out a one to one check between receipt and purchases. The item in question the first time was a pair of canvas shoes costing about N3k.

assumption undecided
Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 15, 2013
OP that is where cashiers get their money from,I have worked as a cashier before. You are very wicked trying to expose her and if they sack her what benefit will it be to you. If a product bought is scanned it will reflect in the invoice but if the product is not scanned it wouldn't reflect in the invoice and that is where cashier see their own money from. So they feel it is better not to scan the product so that it wouldn't reflect in the invoice and the money is theirs b'cos you can't scan a product that has already reflected in the invoice and take the money,they will have shortage of cash and the money will be deducted from their salary. So the trick is don't scan a product and it won't reflect in the invoice and the money is yours without you having any form of shortage.

1 Like

Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by johnstar(m): 1:47pm On Dec 15, 2013
Noted
Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by hollandis(f): 1:47pm On Dec 15, 2013
biodunid:

The second time this was tried with me I was prepared. I had bought five packs of Second House nuts - 1 Hazel nut, 1 Walnut, 2 Pistachio and 1 Almond each costing about N2,500 in addition to everything else we had (dozens of cans of non alcoholic beer too).

what is Almond that it should cost 2500 ? 20 dollars .Isn't that scam itself .Why would you pay for an inflated price .Is it not almond .BTW what do you mean almond ..is it the nuts or what .You mean you bought a 20 dollars worth bag of almond ..Is that not sickening? sad
Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by Nobody: 1:48pm On Dec 15, 2013
They are in fact robbing their employers, not the customers. The Nigerian factor once again; reason why nothing works.

4 Likes

Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by Booty4me: 1:48pm On Dec 15, 2013
hmmm op but i dont see how you are being scammed here

1 Like

Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by Coldfeet(f): 1:49pm On Dec 15, 2013
hollandis:

what is Almond that it should cost 2500 ? 20 dollars .Isn't that scam itself .Why would you pay for an inflated price .Is it not almond .BTW what do you mean almond ..is it the nuts or what .You mean you bought a 20 dollars worth bag of almond ..Is that not sickening? sad
Almond nuts and pistachios cost a lot here in nigeria.
Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by Nobody: 1:49pm On Dec 15, 2013
hollandis:

When she said it couldn't be scanned ,why didn't you corrobate that info with other cashiers.Why didn't you ask questions.Are you a kid? Are you easily swayed?
Most of the things we feel are problems in Nigeria are actually because we fail to speak out.What if the cashiers story is true?Did you go and find out from the store manager? And how is that related to scamming Do you even know the definition of scam?
Don't mind the OP na over sabi dey worry am,cashiers coperate a lot with each other and even if he report her they will cover her up. Am sure he bought all those items without giving her tips and now she collected it by not scanning some goods and he is complaining.

1 Like

Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by Nobody: 1:52pm On Dec 15, 2013
Aigbofa: They are in fact robbing their employers, not the customers. The Nigerian factor once again; reason why nothing works.
yes oh! That is what cashiers do in nigerian,some don't even depend on their salary.
Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by funkybaby(f): 1:52pm On Dec 15, 2013
arcbabe: Don't mind the OP na over sabi dey worry am,cashiers coperate a lot with each other and even if he report her they will cover her up. Am sure he bought all those items without giving her tips and now she collected it by not scanning some goods and he is complaining.

So cashiers at the tills in malls should also receive tips

And you actually think this is enough justification to steal from your employer? Shame on you.

Smh.

6 Likes

Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by Nobody: 1:53pm On Dec 15, 2013
arcbabe: OP that is where cashiers get their money from,I have worked as a cashier before. You are very wicked trying to expose her and if they sack her what benefit will it be to you. If a product bought is scanned it will reflect in the invoice but if the product is not scanned it wouldn't reflect in the invoice and that is where cashier see their own money from. So they feel it is better not to scan the product so that it wouldn't reflect in the invoice and the money is theirs b'cos you can't scan a product that has already reflected in the invoice and take the money,they will have shortage of cash and the money will be deducted from their salary. So the trick is don't scan a product and it won't reflect in the invoice and the money is yours without you having any form of shortage.

What is the benefit to her if the company goes out of business? Isn't she paid for her service? Didn't she agree to whatever they are paying her?
That is stealing and it is wrong. You wouldn't want your own employees to do the same thing to you, would you?

12 Likes

Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by ewizard1: 1:53pm On Dec 15, 2013
ojeffo:
Which rock do u reside in plsss?.....smh

googlepikin: dude how will u know? You stay in mushin .

Lets hear word Joor.. Beer is already an Alcoholic beverage. Whats Non Alcoholic Beer again. Mtcheew.

1 Like

Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by funkybaby(f): 1:55pm On Dec 15, 2013
Aigbofa:

What is the benefit to her if the company goes out of business? Isn't she paid for her service? Didn't she agree to whatever they are paying her?
That is stealing and it is wrong. You wouldn't want your own employees to do the same thing to you, would you?

Thanks oh.

Some of the responses on this thread are shocking.

See people justifying stealing. No wonder most of the items sold in the mall are overpriced. How else will the retailer make up for all the shortfall ?

3 Likes

Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by Nobody: 1:56pm On Dec 15, 2013
funkybaby:

So cashiers at the tills in malls should also receive tips

Smh.
some will have little change remaining and they will be waiting to collect it. cheesy
Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by hollandis(f): 1:58pm On Dec 15, 2013
Coldfeet: Almond nuts and pistachios cost a lot here in nigeria.

The money should have been used to buy fruits and vegetables.What is OP looking for bags of nuts for?Isn't it tantamount to having diarrhoea
Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by ewizard1: 1:58pm On Dec 15, 2013
The second time this was tried with me I was prepared. I had bought five packs of Second House nuts - 1 Hazel nut, 1 Walnut, 2 Pistachio and 1 Almond each costing about N2,500 in addition to everything else we had (dozens of cans of Non alcoholic beer too). On getting to the end the Cashier said she couldn't scan two bags of nuts and asked me to pay Cash. I checked and found she was holding on to 1 bag of Almonds and 1 bag of Pistachio. I wondered why the Pistachio bag was unscannable when the 2nd bag of the same product had been successfully scanned. She initially argued that they were different but when I insisted she brought it out from the items already scanned and scanned it again. She then asked me to pay cash for the bag of Almonds still outstanding. I insisted she find a way to scan it or leave it out of my purchases. I wound up going home without Almonds that

Non Alcoholic Beer? Where that one dey? Whats the name of the Beer. Lets see!!!
Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by funkybaby(f): 1:58pm On Dec 15, 2013
arcbabe: some will have little change remaining and they will be waiting to collect it. cheesy

STFU! Get yourself some dignity girl.

Why are you depending on handouts?

I have never and will never tip a cashier at the till in a mall. Never!!! I will collect my change to the last penny.

2 Likes

Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by Nobody: 1:59pm On Dec 15, 2013
Aigbofa:

sit down there and wait make pant wear you,who told you the employers don't know what is happening there. Unless they don't want anyone to work there as a cashier. If it's easy let them stay there and collect the money from customers na tongue
Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by Beesluv: 2:00pm On Dec 15, 2013
arcbabe: OP that is where cashiers get their money from,I have worked as a cashier before. You are very wicked trying to expose her and if they sack her what benefit will it be to you. If a product bought is scanned it will reflect in the invoice but if the product is not scanned it wouldn't reflect in the invoice and that is where cashier see their own money from. So they feel it is better not to scan the product so that it wouldn't reflect in the invoice and the money is theirs b'cos you can't scan a product that has already reflected in the invoice and take the money,they will have shortage of cash and the money will be deducted from their salary. So the trick is don't scan a product and it won't reflect in the invoice and the money is yours without you having any form of shortage.

That is pure THIEFing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story / 4 Online Businesses With Low Startup Capital That Will Make You Rich In 2018 / Uber May Just Have Presented Nigerian Banks With A Sweet Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.