Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,072 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) (27878 Views)

Breaking News: Shoprite Ikeja Sealed !!! / Shoprite Ibadan Imports Banana And Watermelon From Ghana And SA / 10 Types Of People You'll Probably Meet At Shoprite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by Waspy(m): 2:02pm On Dec 15, 2013
Baba_Eleko: Naija na jungle. Everybody dey scam anybody ni. Worker scam shopper, FG scam ASUU, NNPC scam Federal reserve, Bode George say Tinubu scam am with conviction so Jonathan give Bode support to scam justice back. grin grin
Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by Nobody: 2:03pm On Dec 15, 2013
funkybaby:

STFU! Get yourself some dignity girl.

Why are you depending on handouts?

I have never and will never tip a cashier at the till in a mall. Never!!! I will collect my change to the last penny.
Don't feel embarrass when she doesn't attend to you but choose to attend to others before you even if you're there before them next time. If you like report her,you will just be wasting your time tongue

1 Like

Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by hollandis(f): 2:03pm On Dec 15, 2013
funkybaby:

So cashiers at the tills in malls should also receive tips

And you actually think this is enough justification to steal from your employer? Shame on you.

Smh.

many things you feel are not worth it in Nigeria are actually worth a lot .There is nothing immoral in giving tips .If you don't give tips over here ,next time you are waiting to be served ,you will be given a bad service .If you feel that you wanna report it to management ,,they have a union ..so next time funky give a tip or not.
Of course they shouldnt steal from employers but employers should also perform inventory on their goods and not depend on cashiers

1 Like

Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by Nobody: 2:05pm On Dec 15, 2013
arcbabe: some will have little change remaining and they will be waiting to collect it. cheesy

a tip is not your right. Nobody should assume they are entitled to someone else's money. If you get tip, fine. If you dont, you shouldnt hate the customer. Its his money!Some businesses even forbid their staff from collecting tips

3 Likes

Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by lagbaja(m): 2:05pm On Dec 15, 2013
It happened to me too at Adeniran Ogunsanya shoprite, the cashier said the product which cost about N3k cannot be scanned and that I have to pay cash, I paid. I told my wife that I suspect the cashier was going to pocket the money but I had no proof. Shame on posters who supports this criminal act. What goes around comes around, someday you will fall victim of a scam in your business dealings and then you will know how it feels. This is one of the reasons why I have made up my mind not to employ Nigerians in my business despite being a Nigerian. Our value orientation is patetic.

6 Likes

Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by Ninilowo(m): 2:06pm On Dec 15, 2013
freety: Nah where man dey work nah him dey chop, dats why oyibo caller am work shop
Abi ooo.
Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by mimicue(f): 2:06pm On Dec 15, 2013
arcbabe: Don't mind the OP na over sabi dey worry am,cashiers coperate a lot with each other and even if he report her they will cover her up. Am sure he bought all those items without giving her tips and now she collected it by not scanning some goods and he is complaining.

Tips again so they expect tips from buying something at their store..so because I bought something I must give u tips and when I don't u don't scan d goods.... This is pure poverty mentality for crying out loud their laying them salary its not free...how can Nigeria grow when everybody is a thief in d society.....

3 Likes

Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by hollandis(f): 2:07pm On Dec 15, 2013
arcbabe: Don't mind the OP na over sabi dey worry am,cashiers coperate a lot with each other and even if he report her they will cover her up. Am sure he bought all those items without giving her tips and now she collected it by not scanning some goods and he is complaining.
Abi o, if she is not satisfied with shopright ,why can't she go to walmart or target or even report to store management.Rather than pouring anger and bitterness here.
Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by Nobody: 2:08pm On Dec 15, 2013
arcbabe: sit down there and wait make pant wear you,who told you the employers don't know what is happening there. Unless they don't want anyone to work there as a cashier. If it's easy let them stay there and collect the money from customers na tongue

Nobody will knowingly hire a thief, especially in a retail environment.
Is it worth the humiliation and the blemish on your character if get caught?
Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by Nobody: 2:09pm On Dec 15, 2013
Beesluv:

That is pure THIEFing
Go and stop federal govt from stealing before trying to stop cashiers. @ OP try and use your time for meaningful things instead trying to expose cashiers. Even if they don't work there again,some them have built houses,bought cars and even start up their business. You thinks they are small because you see them attending to you? You are still a learner,they always have what to fall back on tongue
Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by mimicue(f): 2:09pm On Dec 15, 2013
funkybaby:

STFU! Get yourself some dignity girl.

Why are you depending on handouts?

I have never and will never tip a cashier at the till in a mall. Never!!! I will collect my change to the last penny.

Assin ehn its my money now..then if I wish I could dash her d change aint tipping nobody..it business abeg
Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by hollandis(f): 2:09pm On Dec 15, 2013
mimicue:

Tips again so they expect tips from buying something at their store..so because I bought something I must give u tips and when I don't u don't scan d goods.... This is pure poverty mentality for crying out loud their laying them salary its not free...how can Nigeria grow when everybody is a thief in d society.....

jeeez ,,giving tips is not poverty mentality or being a thief undecided. You mean you guys don't give tips in Nigeria? OMG.No wonder eveyone is angry with each other

2 Likes

Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by funkybaby(f): 2:12pm On Dec 15, 2013
hollandis:

many things you feel are not worth it in Nigeria are actually worth a lot .There is nothing immoral in giving tips .If you don't give tips over here ,next time you are waiting to be served ,you will be given a bad service .If you feel that you wanna report it to management ,,they have a union ..so next time funky give a tip or not.
Of course they shouldnt steal from employers but employers should also perform inventory on their goods and not depend on cashiers

The cashier at the till is paid to do a job and offer a service.

What silly bad service? The worst that can happen is that he or she will refuse to bag my items for me and I will get it done myself.

You will be shocked at the management's response if such cashier is reported. There's a 98percent chance that person will be sacked.

No retailer will retain a cashier that fails to scan items, issue receipts for goods sold and offer bad service to its customers.
Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by Nobody: 2:13pm On Dec 15, 2013
Aigbofa:

Nobody will knowingly hire a thief, especially in a retail environment.
Is it worth the humiliation and the blemish on your character if get caught?
they think they are wise? They employ people to stand and attend to customer from morning to night and end up paying them peanuts. They don't know they are going to suffer too cheesy

1 Like

Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by Nobody: 2:16pm On Dec 15, 2013
arcbabe: Go and stop federal govt from stealing before trying to stop cashiers. @ OP try and use your time for meaningful things instead trying to expose cashiers. Even if they don't work there again,some them have built houses,bought cars and even start up their business. You thinks they are small because you see them attending to you? You are still a learner,they always have what to fall back on tongue

Unbelievable. I think you must be joking sha.
Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by Nobody: 2:18pm On Dec 15, 2013
lagbaja: It happened to me too at Adeniran Ogunsanya shoprite, the cashier said the product which cost about N3k cannot be scanned and that I have to pay cash, I paid. I told my wife that I suspect the cashier was going to pocket the money but I had no proof. Shame on posters who supports this criminal act. What goes around comes around, someday you will fall victim of a scam in your business dealings and then you will know how it feels. This is one of the reasons why I have made up my mind not to employ Nigerians in my business despite being a Nigerian. Our value orientation is patetic.

sir, i feel the same way. I feel disgusted that people have gotten so bold that that they can defend theft on an internet forum, visible to the whole world. Tomorrow now, we wil complain that BBC portrays us in bad light, forgetting that the world is watching.

However, sir, i think your decision not to employ Nigerians is a little extreme. To put a country of over 150 million people in one basket and label them as thieves is just wrong. There are thieves everywhere. Anyway, ultimately its your business and you reserve the right to employ whomever you wish. But not all Nigerians are thieves. You are nigerian right?

3 Likes

Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by funkybaby(f): 2:18pm On Dec 15, 2013
arcbabe: they think they are wise? They employ people to stand and attend to customer from morning to night and end up paying them peanuts. They don't know they are going to suffer too cheesy

You seriously need to shut it.

People doing similar jobs (and worse) in malls in Europe get paid minimum wage (which is peanuts) while their bosses earn hundreds of thousands and declare huge profits every year. Yet, you do not find such people stealing from their bosses or expecting tips from customers.

You need to change your entire orientation and outlook to life/career.

If your type gets a bank job, there's a 99percent chance that you will carry out a bank fraud if you have the slightest opportunity.

7 Likes

Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by edelweiss(f): 2:18pm On Dec 15, 2013
Its sad because I have noticed that this things happen almost every where these days! At the toll gate, you will pay your and some delay to give you your reciept that goes for them. Just yesterday I went to a courier service to send stuff to a friend, and the lady put my item on the scale and told me 1400, I paid collected my reciept and left, I later realised its 1200 she put on the reciept! What annoyed me the most is that my balance of 100 from the 1500 I gave her for tip! But this mentality of day robbery from these people won't actually take them anywhere! Its sad .
Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by Egbagirl(f): 2:19pm On Dec 15, 2013
hollandis:

The money should have been used to buy fruits and vegetables.What is OP looking for bags of nuts for?Isn't it tantamount to having diarrhoea

That's his own personal business. Nuts are good for you anyway. All your posts on this thread have been too known. The OP had his receipts for all his purchase. Read the post again.

And as for tips, it's not immoral but there's a system with tips. And that I don't give you any tip doesn't mean you shouldn't do your job, you are being paid to do it. (customer service is no 1 in any business).

1 Like

Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by Nobody: 2:20pm On Dec 15, 2013
arcbabe: they think they are wise? They employ people to stand and attend to customer from morning to night and end up paying them peanuts. They don't know they are going to suffer too cheesy

If you don't like the job you have the option of looking for another one you consider a better paying job.
Besides people have risen from the shop floor to head big companies. So, you never know.
Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by Nobody: 2:21pm On Dec 15, 2013
funkybaby:

The cashier at the till is paid to do a job and offer a service.

What silly bad service? The worst that can happen is that he or she will refuse to bag my items for me and I will get it done myself.

You will be shocked at the management's response if such cashier is reported. There's a 98percent chance that person will be sacked.

No retailer will retain a cashier that fails to scan items, issue receipts for goods sold and offer bad service to its customers.
Do you know how much they are paid? they suffer but yet try to put smiles on their faces and attend to you in a satisfactory manner just to see that you are happy and satisfied but some will now think they are fools. tongue report them and see if they can be sack,they always leave at their free will cheesy
Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by mimicue(f): 2:22pm On Dec 15, 2013
hollandis:

jeeez ,,giving tips is not poverty mentality or being a thief undecided. You mean you guys don't give tips in Nigeria? OMG.No wonder eveyone is angry with each other

If I like I give d person if I don't I won't ...d guy stated that when u don't give tips they won't scan your goods like seriously
Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by ogunwalea(m): 2:22pm On Dec 15, 2013
Olugbenger: Op, you are wicked for exposing this. You are spoiling some poor folks source of income even when you claim to be very rich. embarassed embarassed

birds of same feather.....
Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by Caracta(f): 2:22pm On Dec 15, 2013

Are you for real? I've been reading your comments. Oh God!!! Is there still hope for this country? This is heart-breaking! People like you make stealing a profession. Honesty is a virtue.

2 Likes

Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by Egbagirl(f): 2:23pm On Dec 15, 2013
Honestly, nairaland is only a microcosm of Nigeria. Smh very embarrassing and disappointing.

The people that cry "corruption" are the same ones practicing and encouraging it. We never see anything yet.

1 Like

Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by funkybaby(f): 2:23pm On Dec 15, 2013
hollandis:

The money should have been used to buy fruits and vegetables.What is OP looking for bags of nuts for?Isn't it tantamount to having diarrhoea

What is wrong in buying a bag of nuts
Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by Egbagirl(f): 2:25pm On Dec 15, 2013
arcbabe: Do you know how much they are paid? they suffer but yet try to put smiles on their faces and attend to you in a satisfactory manner just to see that you are happy and satisfied but some will now think they are fools. tongue report them and see if they can be sack,they always leave at their free will cheesy

Good. They have to force those smiles on their faces even when they don't like their pay. They have to do their job! You talk like as if they didn't know how much those sakary would be and what the job description was before they accepted. For crying out loud, they freaking applied god the jobs themselves!!! Are they slaves Are the being forced?? Come on!
Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by Caracta(f): 2:26pm On Dec 15, 2013
funkybaby:

You seriously need to shut it.

People doing similar jobs (and worse) in malls in Europe get paid minimum wage (which is peanuts) while their bosses earn hundreds of thousands and declare huge profits every year. Yet, you do not find such people stealing from their bosses or expecting tips from customers.

You need to change your entire orientation and outlook to life/career.

If your type gets a bank job, there's a 99percent chance that you will carry out a bank fraud if you have the slightest opportunity.

God bless you! Did they force them to take up the jobs? That's why some people will remain as slaves till they die. Karma is a sêxy bïitch!

I'll tip a cashier because I want to not because she feels it is her right. These people will be the first to call politicians thieves.
Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 15, 2013
Gboliwe: It doesnt happen only in spoprite , most big supermarkets do this. You will be shocked that the security man is privy to the 'game'

Correct that in bold..I know it's a typo.

See the diff between Garri and I .... grin grin
Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by Caracta(f): 2:28pm On Dec 15, 2013
Egba girl: Honestly, nairaland is only a microcosm of Nigeria. Smh very embarrassing and disappointing.

The people that cry "corruption" are the same ones practicing and encouraging it. We never see anything yet.

It's shameful. There is no hope for Nigeria. We made Nigeria what she is today...not just the politicians.

1 Like

Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 15, 2013
Aigbofa:

If you don't like the job you have the option of looking for another one you consider a better paying job.
Besides people have risen from the shop floor to head big companies. So, you never know.
people don't waste their time working for a particular company,sweating and killing themself while one person at the top will be feeling bossy with his fat butt and small head grin make you money and get out of there to start your own. That lady the OP is talking about is probably building a house by now. When you eat make sure your employees eat too so they won't end up punishing you but people are just so selfish undecided
Re: Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) by donodion(m): 2:30pm On Dec 15, 2013
arcbabe: OP[b] that is where cashiers get their money from[/b],I have worked as a cashier before. You are very wicked trying to expose her and if they sack her what benefit will it be to you. If a product bought is scanned it will reflect in the invoice but if the product is not scanned it wouldn't reflect in the invoice and that is where cashier see their own money from. So they feel it is better not to scan the product so that it wouldn't reflect in the invoice and the money is theirs b'cos you can't scan a product that has already reflected in the invoice and take the money,they will have shortage of cash and the money will be deducted from their salary. So the trick is don't scan a product and it won't reflect in the invoice and the money is yours without you having any form of shortage.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked haba.. shocked shocked shocked shocked kai...on a forum seen worldwide shocked shocked shocked yeeeeh this people fall my hand angry angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story / 4 Online Businesses With Low Startup Capital That Will Make You Rich In 2018 / Uber May Just Have Presented Nigerian Banks With A Sweet Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.