Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,893 members, 7,821,122 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

Is It Wrong For A Man To Live With His Wife In Her Late Parents' House? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Wrong For A Man To Live With His Wife In Her Late Parents' House? (976 Views)

Is It Wrong To Have Sex After Taking Holy Communion In Church Today? / Man Hospitalised After Sex With Friend’s Wife In Ebonyi / Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong For A Man To Live With His Wife In Her Late Parents' House? by Nobody: 10:48am On Dec 15, 2013
She is the only daughter to her late parents and they willed the property (building) to her. Now, she met a young man who is not financially bouyant enough but though have a promising future and the young man lives in a rented apartment, they've gotten married and the lady packed in to live with him in the rented apartment whilst she rent out her inherited property. Now, the lady sees the idea of living in a rented apartment with her husband as abnormal, not when she has a nice apartment where they (she, her husband and children) can live comfortably without pinching thier brains everytime over rents. Now, she wants her husband to pack in to her inherited property at the expiration of thier current rent. The societal norm says a man shld marry a woman and take her to his house, not the other way round as it's demanded here. The question is, what is wrong if a man packs in to live with his wife in her house? This is because members of the man's family are kicking seriously against it.

What is your say?
Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Live With His Wife In Her Late Parents' House? by Nobody: 11:08am On Dec 15, 2013
I wouldn't subject my husband to that abeg.A man remains a man even in a one room house.I prefer using d rent money to add to wat my husband has in other to live comfortable.I won't want to bruise my husband's Ego.

Unless he suggests that,I won't ask him.I will definitely agree .
Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Live With His Wife In Her Late Parents' House? by jaybee3(m): 11:10am On Dec 15, 2013
Which should carry more weighting, societal or practical?

You should always do what's beneficial to your family

What stops you from moving to the said property then savings from rent to start building a new house that you can both move into once complete
Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Live With His Wife In Her Late Parents' House? by Xsenga(f): 11:14am On Dec 15, 2013
lynpetra: I wouldn't subject my husband to that abeg.A man remains a man even in a one room house.I prefer using d rent money to add to wat my husband has in other to live comfortable.I won't want to bruise my husband's Ego.
NICE 1.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Live With His Wife In Her Late Parents' House? by jaybee3(m): 11:15am On Dec 15, 2013
lynpetra: I wouldn't subject my husband to that abeg.A man remains a man even in a one room house.I prefer using d rent money to add to wat my husband has in other to live comfortable.I won't want to bruise my husband's Ego.
You think his ego isn't already bruised by the fact that the wife has a whole building willed to her?

It ought to be what makes financial sense
Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Live With His Wife In Her Late Parents' House? by Nobody: 11:18am On Dec 15, 2013
jay bee:
You think his ego isn't already bruised by the fact that the wife has a whole building willed to her?

It ought to be what makes financial sense

Then,smashing that same bruised ego by bringing him into the house to live?I fit cry for am sef.

Talk about insult on injury!
Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Live With His Wife In Her Late Parents' House? by jaybee3(m): 11:23am On Dec 15, 2013
lynpetra:

Then,smashing that same bruised ego by bringing him into the house to live?I fit cry for am sef.

Talk about insult on injury!
Can someone possibly go lower if they are already low?

Anyway, there is nothing like mine in marriage. It's all about ours

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Live With His Wife In Her Late Parents' House? by xynerise: 11:27am On Dec 15, 2013
What if he doesn't have a house of his own? Which one is easier, staying in his wife's late parents house or striving and suffering to pay his rent?

Suffering is what makes a man but not foolishly suffering when there is a solution on your door step. Let him stay in the house until he can build a house of his own. There is nothing like ego or pride here. If you try to show your ego, you will end up being an antelope

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Live With His Wife In Her Late Parents' House? by Nobody: 11:41am On Dec 15, 2013
jay bee:
Can someone possibly go lower if they are already low?
Anyway, there is nothing like mine in marriage. It's all about ours

Already modified my first post.Except he ask,I won't suggest that.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Live With His Wife In Her Late Parents' House? by Nobody: 11:44am On Dec 15, 2013
What if the said house isn't aVailable.Can't he place a roof over his family's head?won't he suffer and strive like a man who has got responsibilities?
Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Live With His Wife In Her Late Parents' House? by POPEII: 11:44am On Dec 15, 2013
No.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Live With His Wife In Her Late Parents' House? by POPEII: 11:45am On Dec 15, 2013
xynerise: What if he doesn't have a house of his own? Which one is easier, staying in his wife's late parents house or striving and suffering to pay his rent?

Suffering is what makes a man but not foolishly suffering when there is a solution on your door step. Let him stay in the house until he can build a house of his own. There is nothing like ego or pride here. If you try to show your ego, you will end up being an antelope

EOD
Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Live With His Wife In Her Late Parents' House? by Nobody: 11:46am On Dec 15, 2013
POPE II: No.
No
Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Live With His Wife In Her Late Parents' House? by POPEII: 11:47am On Dec 15, 2013
lynpetra: What if the said house isn't aVailable.Can't he place a roof over his family's head?won't he suffer and strive like a man who has got responsibilities?
that's another topic right?
Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Live With His Wife In Her Late Parents' House? by POPEII: 11:47am On Dec 15, 2013
lynpetra:
No
no , it is not wrong .get it ?
Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Live With His Wife In Her Late Parents' House? by Nobody: 11:59am On Dec 15, 2013
POPE II: no , it is not wrong .get it ?

Yes. sad
Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Live With His Wife In Her Late Parents' House? by POPEII: 12:04pm On Dec 15, 2013
lynpetra:

Yes. sad
Cool, wink but it doesn't mean I won't struggle to build my own , actually using your pops house can help you save a lot of money to for your own house .
Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Live With His Wife In Her Late Parents' House? by texaco1: 6:48pm On Dec 15, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
experience is the best teacher , let him move in with her , and later come back to tell the story
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Live With His Wife In Her Late Parents' House? by tpiander: 6:44pm On Oct 01, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Ladies Will U Still Buy Brazilan Hair? Guys Will U Buy It For U Girl? / Who Should Apologise In A R/ship / What Would You Do If She Has A Bad Past?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.