Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,158 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:01 PM

Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? (17788 Views)

Lagos Man Pretends To Be Dead In An Accident Only To Rise And Propose To His GF / Ways To Make your Man Propose To You Fast / How to get Your dream man and Make Him Propose To You. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by RelCapsules(m): 2:41pm On Mar 07, 2015
What happens when the bush meat chases the hunter?

An hunter is supposed to search for bush meat in the forest and hunt for it, but when the bush meat begins to pursue the hunter, there would be a cause for alarm and that's dangerous.

These days, so many women have resorted to proposing to a man. Last week, I saw a picture of a lady proposing to her fiance on her knees and I was like ," hehehehe, now she is the hunter."

In this African age, culture stipulates that the man weds a woman and does all the proposal processes but at a later time in this ongoing future, some people began to see a need for reversal. They felt they could inculcate the foreign culture and flow with the trend. They bemoaned the idea of a man doing it all.

Well, before I state my views, I would love to add the views of some friends on this same topic.

Question: Do you think a woman should propose to a man?

From the Men:
-----"He who finds a wife not she who finds a husband. If she had fallen in love, I will only advise she create an enabling environment for me to pop the question and not her doing it. She can ask me "Hey bobo, what is going on? Me and you know that we are not related?" By Matthew Adedoyin of Abstinence Icon.

----"As for me, a woman may propose to a man but I would not subscribe to her doing it verbally. She should use non-verbal ways of expression. A sensitive man will pick the message, he won't pick a message of 'she wants me to have a relationship with me' which can put him off, instead he will pick a message of 'I think she likes me - she really likes me', and that can endear the man more to the woman and hopefully compel him to spill the beans.

Caring for him more than every one else, paying attention, speaking his love language regularly. Also, being in his face and words all the time but communicating with him based on the things that stimulates his interests". By Gabriel Olatunji of www.olatunjispeaks.com

-----"I feel more excited and accomplished when I make her feel like a woman by being the one to propose. She smiles and then says "Yes" while I propose, that makes me feel manly but if she proposed and I say yes, that would make me feel like a sissy. She proposing shows desperation and I don't like desperados". By Nyakno Obong

------"I don't exactly see a problem with it. It doesn't mean she should go all out and literally do it though, best all she could do is give the guy signs that he would pick on.
PS: She must be certain the guy likes her even a little bit". By Adewale Ademola

-----"It has happened to me before and am not the kind of person that finds it easy to propose. It's not actually bad especially when the guy is not sure of the ladies feelings for him. Although Africans see it as being cheap, I see it as being real. I don't advise a woman to ask a guy that doesn't really love her out, she would be taken for granted.
I then asked: "What if she is not sure of the love and they have been friends for like two years?

He continued that: "The best a woman can do is to ask where the relationship is getting to. Is there any definition? Though she might be taking the lead that way" By Seun Emmanuel Alaofin of Sea Publications.

----"I don't like it. I wouldn't trust her. I would feel she can do the same to any other man. Won't respect that approach". By Folayemi Itunu of Relationship Capsules and Pholarstudios

----"It depends on her. If she is okay with it. She can propose. I can't determine what is right or not for anyone. She may if she feels like". By Dr Malik Haruna

From the ladies point of view:

----"The Bible said he that findeth a man not she that findeth a husband. God would have created Eve first if that's the case. There is a place of positioning but not wooing. The man has to do the search and the chasing. It makes them feel good. A man won't respect such woman because she acted cheap and might turn to other ladies that would make him feel like a man. She should allow him do it". By Dorathy Ndidi (Adorable Oma) of Bruised but healed Ministry

----"No, it's wrong. Our culture and religion doesn't permit it". By Lewa Nuggets

----"It's wrong for a lady to do that. She is not the man. She can only position herself for the guy and not act as the man. There are ways to give him the green light". By Rachel Thom Manuel.

----"The proposal should come from a man because there is a pride and ego attached to it". By ChiAmaka Onyia

My view:
It's not about what the culture thinks or what the tradition says but I will like to state that there was no place in the Bible which should be our manual, where a woman proposed to a man.

Ruth only positioned herself properly for the man to sight her and he did. She didn't beg him to love her. There are various reasons why it should not be encouraged. Though it has worked for so many people but some have fallen victims into the wrong hands in that process.

If he is meant for you, he would surely realize it someday as you position yourself.

There is nothing wrong in it like you may think, its just a misuse of roles. Some married men could claim that it was their wives that proposed to them, that's their luck. I have seen a guy who said that his uncle was proposed to by his wife and he doesn't mind a woman doing the same to him. Our lives are different.

So why is it wrong for a woman to propose?

Our gender roles are different. A man feels confident when he can talk to a woman, get her attention and make her feel wholesome. He loves the chase and enjoys the game. He finds way of how to get closer and more romantic, this should be a continuous stage even In marriage but most men drop the vibe few years after the wedding bells.
Some would feel that a woman is being too forward about it. A man is meant to take lead roles in a relationship but a woman can create the environment. The man is the head of his wife so he has to pick what's best for him. Women are created as helpmeet, it's always better when a woman sight the need and propose to a woman.

Sometimes when a woman claims to be in love with a man, she would do all she can to make it work including proposing and most times ,the man may feel pressured. A man must decide who he would end up with and hence, work towards getting the prize.

A gift is more treasured than a freebie. A gift is given by a special person while a freebie is given by anyone and it's mostly cheap.

Let the hunter get you. Don't be desperate. It might work for you though but please keep your pride for the man who values it.
I'm sure you either agree or oppose, please drop your comment and let us know the answers to the questions with your reasons.

http://www.relationshipcapsules.com/2015/03/when-hunted-becomes-hunter.html

7 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by DuchessLily(f): 2:52pm On Mar 07, 2015
Table don turn be dat..

But I don't support dat we babes should take DAT step, no matter how BOLD or REAL anyone thinks d babes who do dat are, its just not proper

Naija guys especially would take her for granted

If there is any disagreement in d relationship, I naija guy might say. " after all I didnt or never came 4 u, u did

Biblically, it is he DAT findeth a wife....., not she DAT findeth a husband

6 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by Ishilove: 4:55pm On Mar 07, 2015
I agree with this article. I don't believe a lady should form 'behbehto' and go toasting/proposing. Rather, give him signs, glaring signs that only a blind man will fail to see.

6 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by holicalpha(m): 5:00pm On Mar 07, 2015
Booked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by kilokeys(m): 5:00pm On Mar 07, 2015
if she is the daughter of a Senator

if she earns 2.5M monthly compared to my change

ill gladly be a househusband o

she go pay groomprice..

she would always do d grinding

we are one afterall grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by Ezedon(m): 5:01pm On Mar 07, 2015
then the hunter will become the hunted
Re: Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by seunfly: 5:01pm On Mar 07, 2015
Nothing bad in it, in as much as she likes the guy, why will she not try it. After all men have been doing it for ages. Let we men feel appreciated for once now, it boost your ego, pride and self worth.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by hucienda: 5:01pm On Mar 07, 2015
In my ranch... prey is always game wink

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by Sweetguy25: 5:01pm On Mar 07, 2015
Not ideal
Re: Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by free2ryhme: 5:01pm On Mar 07, 2015
if pharaoh can not come to moses then moses has to go to pharaoh

8 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by timidapsin(m): 5:01pm On Mar 07, 2015
it's sweet to have a woman propose to a guy, it's a sign of true love grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by DrPrickson: 5:01pm On Mar 07, 2015
Making sense
Re: Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by DoTheNeedful: 5:02pm On Mar 07, 2015
Ishilove:
I agree with this article. I don't believe a lady should form 'behbehto' and go toasting/proposing. Rather, give him signs, glaring signs that only a blind man will fail to see.

I agree with you 100%. A lady i think should never vocalize her feelings to a guy but she can show it. There are many ways smart ladies show we guys that they are interested and we usually get except if we just want to ignore.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by imsuboi(m): 5:03pm On Mar 07, 2015
How does this post stop that serial loser Buhari from losing again on March 28th?

11 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by odepacy: 5:03pm On Mar 07, 2015
Dere is no big deal woman talk to a guy she love

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by atakamus: 5:03pm On Mar 07, 2015
There is no problem with that. The write up is long. I suspect mama peace proposed to my oga at the climax. Since it is so, let the women start proposing after all they claim that what a man can do, a woman can do better.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by gabinogem(m): 5:03pm On Mar 07, 2015
DuchessLily:
Table don turn be dat..

But I don't support dat we babes should take DAT step, no matter how BOLD or REAL anyone thinks d babes who do dat are, its just not proper

If there is any disagreement in d relationship, I naija guy might say. " after all I didnt or never came 4 u, u did

outside religion, what's ur take on it?
Re: Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by femimike1(m): 5:03pm On Mar 07, 2015
Brb
Re: Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by Dondave11: 5:03pm On Mar 07, 2015
hhgff
Re: Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by haibe(m): 5:04pm On Mar 07, 2015
And if a man doesn't propose to you? You will die single?
Re: Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by Maczeelly(m): 5:04pm On Mar 07, 2015
ALRIGHT
Re: Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by VickyRotex(f): 5:04pm On Mar 07, 2015
DuchessLily:
Table don turn be dat..

Oh my!!! Why is there no chop knuckle emoticon Babe you nailed it...

Chop chop chop knuckles. kiss kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Mar 07, 2015
Bold but not a good idea, not all men are mature about it.

If una fight, e fit carry am insult you if e dey immature.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by odepacy: 5:05pm On Mar 07, 2015
Dere is no big deal for woman talk to a guy she love
Re: Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by lilbabyak(m): 5:05pm On Mar 07, 2015
like when we were begging Jonathan to give us work. Now he is begging us to come and be employed (immigration)
Re: Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by ednut1(m): 5:06pm On Mar 07, 2015
change is constant. once upon a time pre marital sex was a taboo, once upon a time women cud nt vote or work grin. once upon a time only men were bread winners. btw if dangote pikin propose to me i go marry am grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Mar 07, 2015
is cool.... is high time women start doing the toasting.. The girl i will eventually marry will be the one that will toast me, take me out on dinner dates and finally propose to me...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by Odunharry(m): 5:07pm On Mar 07, 2015
nothing wrong.... things have really changed and I don't see no reason why someone won't go after what they want all cos of want the society thinks or what people will say..

care should be taken the way you go about it as a girl... give him lots of green lite first before making the move.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by tola9ja: 5:07pm On Mar 07, 2015
link2ok:
Jst in case

#GGEJ... General Goodluck Ebele Jonathan

COMMANDER IN THIEF
Re: Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by naturally: 5:07pm On Mar 07, 2015
ETT

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Check My Pic And And Make A Wish / Is It Right To Encourage Our Kids To Seductively Dance/twerk?(pic/video) / Exposed: See The 5 Most Watched Female Blue Film Actresses In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.