Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,701 members, 7,809,664 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:43 PM

My Little Experience In Celestial Church Today - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Little Experience In Celestial Church Today (43523 Views)

Celestial Church Wins In Court, Deeper Life Church To Pay Them N5 Million / Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ / Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Little Experience In Celestial Church Today by otipoju(m): 4:39pm On Dec 16, 2013
Dominic- let it be clear that I have nothing against you and I told you to type what you did to ascertain how convinced you were about the veracity of what you saw!

Never the less I put it to you that nowhere in CCC will service begin by 9am.if a service needs to be abridged, it is the shorter hymns that will be selected, the sermoner given say 30mins to preach instead of the customary one hour and the items brought for thanksgiving collected just once instead of the customary 3 times.

Also if you had said that it was an "Amure" that is the clothe with fringes that some us tie around their loins,that was used we may understand but for you to say that some one hit another person with a cane at a thanksgiving service which is an atmosphere of merriment does not add up to the celestial mind.

The one where you said that the prophet was sorrounded by females dancing around him is not a celestial practice because in Church males and females sit separately with a wide gap in the middle!!!

So ask your Mum well which of the white garment churches she attends and the name of the parish.

Stay blessed Dominic. May God's peace be upon you and may he direct you in the right path.

2 Likes

Re: My Little Experience In Celestial Church Today by ajosegabriel(m): 4:48pm On Dec 16, 2013
soul_glo:

What part of beating the Jesus out of someone is in your bible. Can't imagine going into a "church" and someone hits me in the name of their god. It will not end well for them. I will hit them with everything I have including my Bible. Hopefully I carry my dad's oversize Bible that day
you just posted a meaningless sentence.. s.m.h⁴u
Re: My Little Experience In Celestial Church Today by ajosegabriel(m): 4:55pm On Dec 16, 2013
otipoju: Dominic- let it be clear that I have nothing against you and I told you to type what you did to ascertain how convinced you were about the veracity of what you saw!

Never the less I put it to you that nowhere in CCC will service begin by 9am.if a service needs to be abridged, it is the shorter hymns that will be selected, the sermoner given say 30mins to preach instead of the customary one hour and the items brought for thanksgiving collected just once instead of the customary 3 times.

Also if you had said that it was an "Amure" that is the clothe with fringes that some us tie around their loins,that was used we may understand but for you to say that some one hit another person with a cane at a thanksgiving service which is an atmosphere of merriment does not add up to the celestial mind.

The one where you said that the prophet was sorrounded by females dancing around him is not a celestial practice because in Church males and females sit separately with a wide gap in the middle!!!

So ask your Mum well which of the white garment churches she attends and the name of the parish.

Stay blessed Dominic. May God's peace be upon you and may he direct you in the right path.
may the God of oshoffa increase your knowledge bro/sir...I need to know your parish cos you ve clarified everything....

2 Likes

Re: My Little Experience In Celestial Church Today by haibe(m): 4:56pm On Dec 16, 2013
ajosegabriel: may the God of oshoffa increase your knowledge bro/sir...I need to know your parish cos you ve clarified everything....

why god of oshoffa?
Re: My Little Experience In Celestial Church Today by ajosegabriel(m): 5:10pm On Dec 16, 2013
haibe:

why god of oshoffa?
cos we know he serve the greater God...
Re: My Little Experience In Celestial Church Today by otipoju(m): 6:03pm On Dec 16, 2013

7 Likes

Re: My Little Experience In Celestial Church Today by NativeBoy: 6:27pm On Dec 16, 2013
I'm glad to hear the OP had a pleasant experience. There is so much misinformation about the church because of a person who heard from a person, who heard from another person that...

Of course there are fakes in the church but that is an issue in all churches. No believer should be surprised. After all, the scriptures tell us that there are many hirelings and few true shepherds, and many false prophets have gone out into the world to deceive many in order to fill their stomachs.

CCC is a powerful church where the spirit of God moves and transforms people's lives. All glory to God.

1 Like

Re: My Little Experience In Celestial Church Today by NativeBoy: 6:30pm On Dec 16, 2013
haibe:

why god of oshoffa?

There's nothing strange about it. He was a man of God. Just like in the bible, there is "the God of Moses", "the God of Abraham", "the God of David", etc.

1 Like

Re: My Little Experience In Celestial Church Today by NativeBoy: 6:31pm On Dec 16, 2013
otipoju: @ajosegabriel. I was born and bred a Celestian.I was christened at Wasimi parish in maryland and currently attend Ayilara parish, Surulere.

I went to deeper life whenever I was on holidays at granny's place!

Also attended meetings at the Kingdom hall ofJehovah witness with my aunt for a while.

I attended masses and went for catechesim at a catholic missionary school during between JSS 1-3 at Obalende lagos.I can still sing quite a number of catholic hymns and particularly enjoyed their Corpus Christi celebrations.

Between 1998 and 2000 I attended Household of God before I gained admission to study Religion at O.A.U

It was at O.A.U that I discovered the beauty of CCC after I had learnt to look at religious phenomena with scholarly eyes.

During Service year it was ECWA in Kano,After service in 2007,it was Christ Embassy where after foundation school the Pastor of the branch in Surulere wanted me to join the ministry part time with a promise to get me a good job at a Telecomms outfit.I politely declined.

In between all of these I have attended Redeemed ,CAC and Foursquare gospel church services with my friends.

I felt I had seen enough and satisfied my curiosity and so became regular at CCC Ayilara Parish and Jehovah has been faithful ever since.

When some of these people talk about what they do not understand, I try to say the little I can and continue with my life. Remember " Awon ti ofe lo pe, Awon to pe lo yan, Awon to yan lo she logo" - not everyone is called to be a celestian it is a tough act to follow.

Please let no Celestian bandy words with anyone on this site or take their insults too personal. Do we do advert to invite anybody? No! Do we hire PR experts to manage our reputation by highlighting our miracles/achievements or doing damage limitation on our scandals. Do we budget and spend millions to enhance visibility on the mass media to build our brand ? No!

Nevertheless When these people see the one wey pass dem, they always know where to find us! Many of our members will say " I never imagined that I could be a celestian but thank God for this church." Don't you hear it often?

Please leave them to say what they wish. If Jehovah calls them, they will come !!!

You've said it all brother. God Bless

1 Like

Re: My Little Experience In Celestial Church Today by haibe(m): 7:14pm On Dec 16, 2013
NativeBoy:

There's nothing strange about it. He was a man of God. Just like in the bible, there is "the God of Moses", "the God of Abraham", "the God of David", etc.

yes the bible is God's word and so I can be sure but did the bible approve of "the God of oshoffa" too?
Re: My Little Experience In Celestial Church Today by Lilknight(m): 7:29pm On Dec 16, 2013
Sanchez01: Abegi jare, the church itself has been bastardized, abused and reformed by wolves with chameleon clothing. *I won't say anything further* ONE QUESTION ABEG: Can anyone cite a passage in the scriptures where a deliverance session was performed using a cane or weapon so as to chase the 'baddo' in a man?
one question also, is it all cele churches dat does dat, since ma 20yrs in celestial i av never witnessed such b4, and dnt mistake me, i didn't say there aren't fake celestial churches, sure they are and this churches av spoilt d good names of the genuine ones!
Re: My Little Experience In Celestial Church Today by NativeBoy: 8:40pm On Dec 16, 2013
haibe:

yes the bible is God's word and so I can be sure but did the bible approve of "the God of oshoffa" too?

The God of Oshoffa is the God of the bible.
Re: My Little Experience In Celestial Church Today by NativeBoy: 8:51pm On Dec 16, 2013
Lil'knight:
one question also, is it all cele churches dat does dat, since ma 20yrs in celestial i av never witnessed such b4, and dnt mistake me, i didn't say there aren't fake celestial churches, sure they are and this churches av spoilt d good names of the genuine ones!

Exactly. Since the early church in the book of acts, there have been good leaders and bad ones. Wolves masquerading as sheep. Paul writes about this in his epistles. It's an issue that affects all of Christendom. It is in no way unique to CCC. All our prayers should be that God should remove the thorns and the tares so that the true seed can grow.
Re: My Little Experience In Celestial Church Today by amram(m): 9:16pm On Dec 16, 2013
Malaika Na wa o, Is this really from God?
Re: My Little Experience In Celestial Church Today by Emekuuss(m): 10:52pm On Dec 16, 2013
lanightdavido: I just look around and nod my head 4 u pple.....most claims to b believers but are not even deep in the spirit....anytin spiritual like dis,u dnt judge or make fun out it....the bible says the ways of the lord @times might b foolish in man sight....so anytin u sees,jst keep it to ursef,althought it might looks foni.,control ursef u r in d lords presence no mata wot
. Pls shut up ok. Where in d bible either in d old or new testament or amongst Jesus Apostles did u see do this?
Re: My Little Experience In Celestial Church Today by haibe(m): 10:58pm On Dec 16, 2013
NativeBoy:

The God of Oshoffa is the God of the bible.

How do you know you can only know when God reveals it eventually, don't get me wrong but not everyone 'you think' is worshipping God is actually worshipping Him, no matter how big his/her name is. and so until you are 100% sure, do not refer to God saying 'the God of oshofa or adeboye or kumuyi, etc. we do not know their God yet. A lot of things are happening dude
Re: My Little Experience In Celestial Church Today by ajosegabriel(m): 11:58pm On Dec 17, 2013
haibe:

yes ,with the "potentials" he has...was there anything like God of adeboye in the bible ? just forget about everything you guys have been saying...$halom.
Re: My Little Experience In Celestial Church Today by Callmebabe(f): 12:21am On Dec 18, 2013
;DHallelluyah ooo! Shout out to my celestial crew, love you guys! grin

2 Likes

Re: My Little Experience In Celestial Church Today by Callmebabe(f): 12:23am On Dec 18, 2013
This haibe guy must be a muslim! U get problem oo!
Re: My Little Experience In Celestial Church Today by haibe(m): 12:41am On Dec 18, 2013
Callmebabe: This haibe guy must be a muslim! U get problem oo!

Re: My Little Experience In Celestial Church Today by Callmebabe(f): 12:49am On Dec 18, 2013
To the haters, Jesus loves you! wink
Re: My Little Experience In Celestial Church Today by haibe(m): 12:58am On Dec 18, 2013
Callmebabe: To the haters, Jesus loves you! wink

Re: My Little Experience In Celestial Church Today by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jul 28, 2015
sEGXY2:
men n female not allowed to sit 2geda in ccc? Guy na your own theory abi wetin 4 ma 4mer church your'e allowed to sit anywhere.

Please which branch is that?
Re: My Little Experience In Celestial Church Today by sEGXY2(m): 7:26am On Aug 01, 2015
Rolly83:

Please which branch is that?
That shiii was years ago probably can't remember right now...... I'll get back 2 you soon as my temporary amnesia fades
Re: My Little Experience In Celestial Church Today by Krystalzkris(f): 7:39am On Aug 01, 2015
Lilknight:
Celestial is an heavenly created church, d word itself means heavenly!!!
Jst lyk oda churches, celestial is nt created by an individual or any human, it spiritually descended to earth and since den it has been spreading worldwide. What makes pple criticize d church is ntn buh simply because of d doctrine, and dis isn't right cos d lyks of oda churches lyk catholic, anglican do av....comment reserved
abeg no vex,explain how d tin take fall abi descend from heaven..
Re: My Little Experience In Celestial Church Today by ProfessorPeter(m): 11:51am On Aug 01, 2015
Beetwo:
tank God d malaika didnt beat d livin day lite out of you. YOU ARE SAFE grin
next time he will be beaten to the extent that his mother will leave d cult to where the truth is being preached
Re: My Little Experience In Celestial Church Today by Nobody: 10:27pm On Aug 02, 2015
ProfessorPeter:
next time he will be beaten to the extent that his mother will leave d cult to where the truth is being preached

Ahh,Mr Professor you sound harsh ooo!!!
Re: My Little Experience In Celestial Church Today by benji93: 12:35am On Sep 08, 2015
Krystalzkris:
abeg no vex,explain how d tin take fall abi descend from heaven..
Our mode worship is a replica of the heavenly mode of worship, and do not ask where in the bible this one too is, that is why jesus passed on the presence of the trinity on earth to the holyspirit, and tells us the holyspirit would guide us right and bring to remembrance everything he has told us, the holyspirit works in unfathomable ways. and to others that are castigating and sounding self-righteous, i can vividly tell you that Jesus could not have been able to perform all the works of the holy spirit in his life time, even people that lived over 100 years were unable to complete their mission, but he did enough to lay the foundation, so he remains with us in the nature of the holyspirit, 1st cor 12-6 says that their are diversities of activities but the same God works all in all, can you bodly tell me that the spirit of God that moved over the waters in the beginning, the spirit that directed Elisha to heal the water by pouring salt into the water at its source, and then he said, i have healed this water, and there shall be no more death and barrenness in this land anymore(2 kings 2-19) or maybe you have not read in the bible where moses was instructed to raise up his hand until the amalekites all fell(Exodus 17-11), in my human wisdom i would consider that a punishment meted to moses, or where God directed moses to deep a particular tree into the bitter waters of Marah and the waters were made sweet(Exodus 15 vs 23), or God rained manna from heaven(Exodus 16 vs 4) or where Elisha healed the son of the shunammite woman, Elisha sent Gehazi first to lay his staff on the child but there was no answer, he then went there prayed to the lord and laid on the child, the child warmed up and arose, or maybe that was performed by the old spirit of God, and he that has stagnated his mind with the thought that all demonic deliverances and miracle work of holy divine were done by only the utterance of a word or the laying on of hands, has to read his Bible again, have you forgotten the situation where Jesus healed a deaf and Mute by touching his ears, spat and touched his tongue(perhaps he even spat on his hand before touching his tongue) before finally saying "Ephantha"(Mark 7 vs 34) maybe that was barbaric, in human wisdom he could have made just a sentence, and healed the deaf and mute as he did to others, if all the spirits that did all this works are actually one, the spirit must have not lied in any case, or did Jesus order that the spirit of God should work in a different way now, this would mean the spirit of God was wrong then, meanwhile the spirit of God is God who knew everything from the beginning, if the trinity make up one body, then the work of one at one time could not have contradicted the work of another at another time, because they exude the same power and Glory.Proverbs chapter 26 vs 4 says that do not answer a fool according to his folly lest you be like him, the foregoing message is not directed to one person but to all, so please if you want to criticize sth, criticize it for the act for which it came to your notice, do not because of this descend hell on the whole church, you are only being unwise, and the bible also foretold the emergence of false prophets, and there was the case were the position of certain apostles threatened the unified existence of the church, Jesus also spoke of the parable of tares that were planted among seeds, this is oppressive is it not, but it is the will of God that they may grow together until the end time, you need to make enough enquiries before drawing conclusions, ask questions politely and i know you will get answers in like manner, and fellow celestians i can take some positives from what our brothers said, study to show thyself approved, but for our doctrines, i don't understand why people call it barbaric or uncivilized, if everything becomes civilized must the worship of God to be civilized, know it that civilization is the making of man, there is nothing like olden religion or mode of worship, something is either true or untrue,the problem some people have is that they find the doctrines inconsistent with modern times. do you need to see everything the holyspirit does in the bible,the holy spirit itself is the word, if the holyspirit tells you something, and you confirm tht it is truly from God, read john ch 21 vs 25, the bible is a foundation to build on, if you need everything to be in the bible, then why do we need the holyspirit in the first place, remember that Jesus warns explicitly about sinning against the holyspirit, so if the holyspirit actually uses the prophets in the church or directs certain activities it is not for you to judge, even i will only consider your judgement folly, acts 5 vs 38-39 and my closing note is in revelations 22 vs 12.Thank you.
Re: My Little Experience In Celestial Church Today by SmellingAnus(m): 3:19am On Jul 19, 2020
sEGXY2:
Celestial Church? I used to be a member of that church, as at that time na yansh I dey fine go mehn those babes gather especially if them Don enter spirit I go just dey press yansh until one day wey the prophet lay hand on me n nothing happen the guy dey expect make I fall start to dey roll for ground vuh me just stand still since I no feel anything naxo the man go carry cain start to dey beat me say evil spirit dey my body wen I no fit withstand the cain I run comot since that day I no enter that church.
Come to think of it , the prophet dey right say evil spirit dey your body if not how you go take explain say you dey touch yansh of woman wey enter spirit grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How God Saved Me From The Hands Of Bandits On My Way To Abuja / Throwback Picture Of Bishop David Oyedepo And His Wife, Faith / Mbaka Mobilises Support For Buhari’s Reelection Despite Catholic Ban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.