Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,751 members, 7,831,408 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent (27761 Views)

Nigerian Parents And Their Daughters: Hilarious Photo Of The Day / What Will You Do If You Find Out Your Spouse Is Having Sex With Your Sibling? / My 2month-old Baby Fed Baby Food Without My Consent! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent by sammyyoung2(m): 10:00am On Dec 16, 2013
grin
Re: My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent by Born2beRich1(m): 10:02am On Dec 16, 2013
xynerise: You want to take another wife because your wife is taking your position as the man of the house? Mr. Man you should be ashamed of yourself. Since you have found out, what you need to do is to find stop her from having access to your business account until you both find solution to her extravagant spending.

How is the wife taking the OP position as the man of the house i hope you didnt write this to get likes from the female folks here on nairaland..BTW the OP stated it clearly that he is the one that opened the shop for the wife but isnt happy with the way it is being run financially by giving the money meant for the business to her family members without his consent..and if she continues like this it will affect their present family financially at the moment..anyways i dont support the OP taking another wife..

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent by xynerise: 10:04am On Dec 16, 2013
Born 2be Rich:

How is the wife taking the OP position as the man of the house i hope you didnt write this to get likes from the female folks here on nairaland..BTW the OP stated it clearly that he is the one that opened the shop for the wife but isnt happy with the way it is being run financially by giving the money meant for the business to her family members without his consent..and if she continues like this it will affect their present family financially at the moment..
Re: My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent by Born2beRich1(m): 10:05am On Dec 16, 2013
xynerise:

Please explain how the wife is the man of the house in this situation like you said earlier?
Re: My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent by fruityjojo(f): 10:09am On Dec 16, 2013
Why don't u tell her this same thing u have told us in exactly d same words!
Btw cos of dis u want 2 take a new wife! Chisoos! I don dey fear Men! Pls there must be other issues bothering u right?

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent by achi4u(m): 10:09am On Dec 16, 2013
Okpuzu01: I am saying dat she shuld nt give her people money but I must be informed. Wotever I do for my mum, I let her know about it. We still have along way to go. Kids are coming, house rents n feedings are there. She has brothers who v grown to work to support their parents bt wnt work. They all believe in asking for money from her. I opened d business for her. Without my consent, she took money from it to pay her parents house rent.
Oh! ur in-laws are still living in a rented apartment?
My guy,some people here may not understand what u are passing through ...carrying two families at ago is never an easy task.
Find a way my man.
Re: My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent by xynerise: 10:09am On Dec 16, 2013
Born 2be Rich:

Please explain how the wife is the man of the house in this situation like you said earlier?
As a husband, what would you do when your wife offends you? You marry another wife?
Re: My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent by busayochic: 10:09am On Dec 16, 2013
Okpuzu01: I am happily married with one kid. I am thinking of taking another wife.
If you are thinking of taking a second wife, then you are not happily married!

1 Like

Re: My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent by Born2beRich1(m): 10:11am On Dec 16, 2013
xynerise:
As a husband, what would you do when your wife offends you? You marry another wife?

So this statement/allegation makes the OP wife the man of the house?..Do you know that people( both men and women inclusive) can make silly mistakes because they cant handle their emotions...Because the OP here cant handle his emotion in the right manner the woman automatically becomes the man of the house...i would advise you talk sense to the OP on the issue of taking another wife than supporting sides.
Re: My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent by Nobody: 10:12am On Dec 16, 2013
Op, the money u would use in getting anoda wife ie d brideprice,d LIST,d intro, d trad wedding etc, not use it and set up a shop for ur inlaws. By dat u have avoided d troubles associated wit Polygamous homes and also their over dependence on ur wife

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent by Nobody: 10:13am On Dec 16, 2013
She probably doesn't tell you cos she knows you'll try to stop her!

1 Like

Re: My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent by AGgal(f): 10:13am On Dec 16, 2013
This is what you get for marrying someone who is still dependent. Your wife is suppose to be ur help meet not a burden.

You for allow her settle b4 rushing into marriage. What God has joined 2geda,man must not divide! Go home and sort ur issues out with ur darling wifey

1 Like

Re: My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent by Richy4(m): 10:14am On Dec 16, 2013
Just calm down my my brother. In Nigeria, when you married a lady, u equally married her family. That is why we got extended family. Just talk to her.
Does she work or a full house wife? If she works, u have a little say about it because when she does that, you will not know.
But if she does not work, make her slow her role.
Equally talk to those that has married longer. Ask them how they handled it. Majority here are not married. So they do not know how much the shoes was pinching you

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent by brrrr(m): 10:14am On Dec 16, 2013
[color=#550000][/color] Guy u dey craze!! Yes I talk am so make she no take care of her family angry na wen her sibling come start to dey sqaut for ur house u go hear am..Mods no vex

1 Like

Re: My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent by Nobody: 10:20am On Dec 16, 2013
@Okpuzu, divorce your wife and marry me. Iswearigawd, I will never give my parents and siblings money. I promise you. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent by xynerise: 10:20am On Dec 16, 2013
Born 2be Rich:

So this statement/allegation makes the OP wife the man of the house?..Do you know that people( both men and women inclusive) can make silly mistakes because they cant handle their emotions...Because the OP here cant handle his emotion in the right manner the woman automatically becomes the man of the house...i would advise you talk sense to the OP on the issue of taking another wife than supporting sides.
You probably read only the part I called his wife the man of the house. My friend read the rest of my post
Re: My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent by EagleNest(m): 10:22am On Dec 16, 2013
Those who have not tested it might not understand, especially the unmarried ones. Unless you are very rich, you cannot afford to throw money away like that simply because you have to take care of your siblings (both sides). However, if you are independent from your husband in terms of income, then you can spend it as you like, it is your money. But if your husband is the only source, I think you really need to be careful and wise not to pull down your new home b/c of your siblings. I think there is need to understand times to build home-financially, biologically and socially. If you are not wise to understand this, you will run into trouble.

OP, pls don't divorce your wife b/c of this issue. Just re-strategies and find a way to control the spending b/c if there is no money, there wont be spending. Later you will be happy that you dint divorce her. It is a momentary problem that can be solved if you rework the economics of the house.
Re: My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent by bjdon: 10:29am On Dec 16, 2013
Okpuzu01: I am happily married with one kid. My problem is that, my in laws v been mounting pressure on my wife for money. She gives money to them without my consent. I opened up a business wich eventually collapsed as a result of my wife giving her parents money from the business. Her whole families are depending on her to survive. I v seen that we can't make any meaningful progress in life if things continue the way they are. I v talked to my wife severally and yet, she is not ready to change. I am thinking of taking another wife.

I am sorry but I must ask this question. Are you a man or a mouse? Stop wasting time asking strangers on NL how to sort out your married life and TAKE CONTROL. You are man of the house, let your wife know in no uncertain terms that this kind of behavior is just not on. Every marriage must have red lines and boundaries that you both don't cross, else it becomes a free for all. It is also important that you follow the same rules. You can't be sending money to your relations with out telling her and expect her not to do the same. You both need to get this sorted out as financial matters are one of the biggest causes of marriage failure.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent by Nobody: 10:29am On Dec 16, 2013
I must marry "a Last born" gringrin

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent by nitrogen(m): 10:29am On Dec 16, 2013
Nawa oh! Different family problems. God dey!
Re: My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent by Skinni10ne: 10:30am On Dec 16, 2013
fruityjojo: Why don't u tell her this same thing u have told us in exactly d same words!
Btw cos of dis u want 2 take a new wife! Chisoos! I don dey fear Men! Pls there must be other issues bothering u right?

Lol!! Me too!
Re: My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent by AreaFada2: 10:31am On Dec 16, 2013
Another wife?

Nice move! But make sure the new wife is a very rich widow preferably at the point death/old age.

That way you can use the widow's money to fund your self and current in-laws.

Otherwise I cannot see how looking after two wives with in-laws in toe will be easier than one wife.
Re: My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent by AreaFada2: 10:32am On Dec 16, 2013
click2cbn: I must marry "a Last born" gringrin

What if the older siblings are lazy a*ses?

1 Like

Re: My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent by 2good(m): 10:33am On Dec 16, 2013
Most of the people typing here don't understand what the OP is going through. If you earn alot of money and discover that you still cannot achieve anything in your life because of your wife spending habit, you will understand what the OP is talking about. Many women don't work and are not ready to work yet they want to tell their husband how to spend his money and feel it is his responsibility to take care of her parent and siblings like he doesn't have something useful to do with money in planning his own life.
It is just a pity that Africans have entitlement mentality and due to the high level of poverty, feel they can dump their problem on you just because they have some family affiliation with you or your wife. This is the most annoying thing about being an African and I will advice the OP to remove his mind from that business, give her a fixed amount of money every month to run the home and don't care about what she does with the money as long as she doesn't come for more before the end of the month. Clearly budget your salary as it comes and if possible open a fixed account where you keep your monthly contribution for projects and don't care what people say including your wife.
Also note that being married to a woman does not mean you will die before your time simply because you or her want to proof to people that you have some money that you really don't have. Your child's future is the most important thing at this stage and not your inlaws. Another wife will not solve the problem.

8 Likes

Re: My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent by bloglover(m): 10:33am On Dec 16, 2013
This is a serious issue....please if u are not married, dont comment. We need married and experienced couples to profer solutions biko.
Re: My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent by figment232(m): 10:34am On Dec 16, 2013
Just stop giving her money.infact close the business and let her sit at home,but if you must give her money make sure you monitor how the money is spent.
Re: My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent by drbunmi(f): 10:34am On Dec 16, 2013
dont look for excuse to leave your wife. u need to love ur in laws and help them if u can, ur wife cannot intentionally want to ruin ur business, aside that know that marriage is not easy people often dont tell u d truth of what is there b4 u enter, they make everything appear rosy which is not, in reality things can go really tough!
Re: My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent by xynerise: 10:34am On Dec 16, 2013
bloglover: This is a serious issue....please if u are not married, dont comment. We need married and experienced couples to profer solutions biko.
Are you married?
Re: My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent by Afrok(m): 10:40am On Dec 16, 2013
Dis is one of d excuses we hear during festive periods. It seems d op's wife az made all necessary shoppings for d Xmas nd new year for her parents nd siblings whereas d op is yet to do the same for his family members.
Ppl ar ending their marriages bcoz of serious issues but U ar here talking abt getting another wife wen a sincere husband - wife understanding can solve d problem, make ur wife understand U better...
Re: My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent by Chomzy19(f): 10:41am On Dec 16, 2013
Hian!! So the Woman will not give her parents Money again ke? She shld fold her hands and allow her parents struggle to pay House Rent? Nd forget that 'my problem is she does it without my consent" cos its Obvious from d way u write that u re pissed off about d Money giving part, not d consent part maybe she had asked u one time and u refused and she learnt how to do it her own way.... Besides I tot u said the Shop is hers, that is u opened it for her? So what has the Money got to do wit the training of ur kids and other things u re writing here abi na from ur Wife's shops Money u take dey Run d Home?? If you opened d Shop for her to use the proceeds on herself I don't see d problem wit her spending d Money on her family so far she doesn't ask you for any money again, after she has exhausted her Own.

As for taking a second Wife I support u 100%, U shld take a second wife so she can also eermm cater for her family needs from your Money and please do not forget to Invite moi for the ceremony grin

1 Like

Re: My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent by Nobody: 10:42am On Dec 16, 2013
@okpuzu01; it is the right of man to take more than 1 woman, because women are sweet and you can't stop at 1. now it is only in islam that you can legally do this. others will string you up by what they will string you up with for maximum pain. so revert into islam one time, ol boy.

however in islam, your money is hers. her money is hers. so either way you lose. however you gain ability to enjoy on earth and you are guaranteed paradise dying in the path commanded for obedience by God.

women are queens in islam. when you see a man being a controller [empty boss] and or slave driver [penny pincher], he is not practicing islam. my wife make plenty money. i didnt want her to have a job. she insists. i do not ask her how she spends the money or how much she has. i just know that she is wealthy. it my right to provide and i exercise that right without ability to say wait a minute you make serious money woman.

learn to be a true husband; work twice as hard so that she will have to reason to undermine you by refusing you your rights.
Re: My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent by yorke1: 10:42am On Dec 16, 2013
Okpuzu01: I am happily married with one kid. My problem is that, my in laws v been mounting pressure on my wife for money. She gives money to them without my consent. I opened up a business wich eventually collapsed as a result of my wife giving her parents money from the business. Her whole families are depending on her to survive. I v seen that we can't make any meaningful progress in life if things continue the way they are. I v talked to my wife severally and yet, she is not ready to change. I am thinking of taking another wife.

This is the way boys who get married before they become men reason. Go and marry another woman if you that will put an end to the issue.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Are Nigerian Women Truely The Most Unfaithful? Vanguard Article / Kaduna Pensioner Burns Down His House To Prevent Estranged Wife From Returning / Real Men Do Not Beat Their Wives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.