Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? (8768 Views)

What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon / Remains of an ancient dreadlocked woman Found On The Moon. / China To Build Power Station In The Moon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by Joshthefirst(m): 6:08pm On Dec 16, 2013
Have a merry christmas and remember to think about your life.
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by MrTroll(m): 6:32pm On Dec 16, 2013
Joshthefirst: hello troll. Sorry, but people like me always come up to adress foolishness and delusions.
embarassed ok.
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Dec 16, 2013
Joshthefirst: hello troll. Sorry, but people like me always come up to adress foolishness and delusions.
You're an atheist now? shocked

grin
I hope one day you'll say that with greater conviction.
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by Joshthefirst(m): 6:57pm On Dec 16, 2013
aManFromMars: .
You're an atheist now? shocked

grin
I hope one day you'll say that with greater conviction.
lol. I hear.

Atheism is foolishness of a very high order na.

It was even treated dismissively as a proposition of foolish men in the bible.

You can imagine. grin

Mind you, The bible even generalized the secret atheists and the vocal and online atheists.

A fool does not just say with his mouth, he says in his heart, "there is no God".
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Dec 16, 2013
Joshthefirst:
And the men who believed in God and called atheists fools went about raping men, pillaging villages, burning people at stakes,destroying properties and lives, killing men and taking their wives...

but they believe in God, and they were good for God watches the heart of men and knows all our secret thoughts.
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by macof(m): 7:06pm On Dec 16, 2013
Deep Sight:

Be clear please. Belief in God as defined by Abrahamic religions or belief in God defined as the nessary causative factor of the universe and mind.

Are both equally irrational?

in answering this, please consider the implications of stating that either definition, is non existent.

Thank you, noble kind gracious and excellent sir, potentate of nairaland.

This is how NL atheist think.

They expect an organic like being living in the sky, sitting on a throne.

Christianised mentality is wat most have, and until they release themselves from such mental point of view they can't be free thinkers hence being fake atheist

As I always say "God" is a term of personification
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by Joshthefirst(m): 7:17pm On Dec 16, 2013
aManFromMars:
And the men who believed in God and called atheists fools went about raping men, pillaging villages, burning people at stakes,destroying properties and lives, killing men and taking their wives...
so? How does this change anything? The fool who says thete is no god and commits sin and the fool who says there is a God yet commits sin in hypocrisy will be punished by the self-same God, God-the-Judge.

aManFromMars: but they believe in God, and they were good for God watches the heart of men and knows all our secret thoughts.
lol. See how you prove my point by exhibiting your foolishness. What foolish conclusion is this?
Chei.

grin grin grin

The lengths you'd go to. grin

I said something a long time ago. I said anyone who tries to disprove or discredit the God of all flesh, end up embarassing himself and falling flat on his face. Of course, its been confirmed several times.
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by MrTroll(m): 7:18pm On Dec 16, 2013
macof:

cool cool grin

God is anything you want it to be.
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by plaetton: 12:17am On Dec 17, 2013
Mr Troll: cool cool grin

God is anything you want it to be.

Worrrrrrrrd!

Isn't it very interesting how every goes full circle and at the end same the same thing?
Namely: God is in the mind of the believer and evolves or takes any shape of the believer's mind.
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by plaetton: 12:19am On Dec 17, 2013
@Deepsight,
Pls Kindly tell us how your idea of God has evolved over the years, from your childhood to the present level.
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by MrTroll(m): 12:27am On Dec 17, 2013
plaetton: @Deepsight,
Pls Kindly tell us how your idea of God has evolved over the years, from your childhood to the present level.
lol. you de go too far. ask am from July till now.
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by kambo(m): 1:49am On Dec 17, 2013
macof:

This is how NL atheist think.

They expect an organic like being living in the sky, sitting on a throne.

Christianised mentality is wat most have, and until they release themselves from such mental point of view they can't be free thinkers hence being fake atheist

free thinkers u say, free to swallow d brazen lie tht nothing created Life intelligence and you .
Yet after tht nothing stops creatg somethg again.
Over a truth tht a being created life and earth as we know it. A principle tht repeats itself behind every intelligent human creation .
Wen u use a computer , phone or appliance u know sombody or a group thought it out, designed and manufactured it and created a manual on how to use it. And created customer care support for troubles and issues. Its pitiable tht for inanimate things a person can understand this but applying d same thought to man himself as a product of a creatve process it suddenly bcomes laughable and ridiculous. A more implausible idea tht man and the wrld sprung out of nothg suddenly makes sense and is more acceptable?
Pathetc how atheists think. Really pathetc.
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by texanomaly(f): 1:56am On Dec 17, 2013
First of all, how did this become a debate about whether God exists or not?

nutty_hnic: Africans are starving, you talking space program.

Logicboy03: Let us settle the basic problem of poverty first..,,

Valid points

plaetton:
Good point.
But Africans have been starving for a very long time.
Should we wait till every African is belly full before we begin a space program?

Wiping out all poverty is a bit unrealistic, but it is a good goal.

plaetton:
And most importantly, do you not think that perhaps there might be causal link between our lack of scientific curiosity and our inability to feed ourselves despite all our natural endowments?

The lack of scientific curiosity is more likely the result of poor education.

plaetton:

Logicdude,
I'm gonna have to disagree with you on this one.

Firstly, poverty has always been a moving target.

Secondly, the space faring nations like USA, Russia, China and the European Union did not solve their poverty problems before embarking on space exploration, neither did they consider the eradication of poverty as a pre-requisite.

See below...

Logicboy03:

What the hell are you talking about?

I want a space program but you would be following the same path as the private Jet pastors- spending billions on something that brings little or no benefit to the average man...

Oh yes, and the average income of an American family at 1969 was about $9,000 which is $37,000 by today's inflation

1969 was the first moon landing.

Furthermore, poverty is quite relative. Living in America at the time was okay when they had their space exploration.

So guy, you are pointless

plaetton:
Thirdly, our homegrown leaders have, over the many decades since independence , shown that they neither have the vision, the smarts, nor even the will to alleviate, let alone eradicate poverty.

And this is okay with you.

plaetton:
A space program will attract, aggregate, spread and propagate the requisite Brain-Thrust needed to confront and mitigate most of Nigeria's and Africa's most pressing problems.

Starting a space program before properly educating your people, is not the solution. "Spread and propagate the requisite brain trust needed to... " Seriously? Education is a more practical plan. I'm not sure how a space program attracts aggregate. You'll have to explain that one to me.

plaetton:
Just imagine how it could slowly but surely decimate magical thinking, and the chronic zombification and mumufication of the Nigerian populace.

Once again, proper education will do this,

plaetton:

Wow. This is great.
This what I mean. This is kind of agency and this type of enterprise should occupy front page on our media as often as possible. Push politics and religion to the curb and showcase human ingenuity and possibilities.

Our national consciousness , especially of the young, needs to be fed and nurtured on the works of such an agency. It should be a source of national pride and a magnet for the cranially dexterous.

This I can agree with, but not for the same reason. This type of propaganda is perfect for influencing the young to want to learn more about math and science. So when they are ready to learn, give them the type of education that will benefit them and the nation.

plaetton:
Anything, anything at all to increase our national IQ and neutralize the debilitating effects of magical thinking and religious bullshyts.

As I said; EDUCATION is a more practical solution.

dorox: Nigeria needs to develop its industrial base and rebuild basic infrastructure before talking of a viable space program. As a nation we struggle to generate enough electricity to meet 30% of our already very low demand, I don't think space should be our problem at this time.
The way I see it space is the product of a good industrial and scientific knowledge base, and not the other way around.

Thank you

Ranchhoddas: Cart before the horse...we should get our priorities right.we do not need a space program.

Exactly!

2 Likes

Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by Nobody: 4:48am On Dec 17, 2013
Deep Sight:

But the most fundamental definition of God is as a pre-existent cause. That is what God is said to be.

So at the most fundamental level of definition, you are contradicting yourself.

Really? The only 2 qualities consistent with all gods is power and not easily seen.

"pre-existent" is a meaningless term when it comes to existence itself. Paradox/contradiction. For all the big words you say, your grasp of English is pitiful.

How can something pre-exist existence? A pre-existent cause of everything?

See how God is irrational?

1 Like

Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by Nobody: 4:52am On Dec 17, 2013
Joshthefirst: disbelief in god is foolish idiocy of the highest order. Turning men into deluded morally depraved fools and turning them blind. Simple and short. Your epileptic threads won't change fact.
To claim you're even smart by disbelieving in God, especially yhwh, is very stjupid and shows one is under an influence.

Really because it is a fact that atheists are generally more likely to be intelligent/peaceful than religious peeps

You keep proving my point. Keep on the irrational rants. You claim that atheists are morally depraved fools, yet you would want your wife to keep the baby of a molester if she is ra.ped and gets pregnant
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by texanomaly(f): 6:49am On Dec 17, 2013
Y'all need to stop derailing and stick to the subject...geez
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by Nobody: 6:55am On Dec 17, 2013
texanomaly: Y'all need to stop derailing and stick to the subject...geez

Would be se.xy if you said it in a country/texas accent cheesy cheesy
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by texanomaly(f): 6:56am On Dec 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

Would be se.xy if you said it in a country/texas accent cheesy cheesy

I did... smiley

now stop angry
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by Joshthefirst(m): 9:17am On Dec 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

Really because it is a fact that atheists are generally more likely to be intelligent/peaceful than religious peeps

You keep proving my point. Keep on the irrational rants. You claim that atheists are morally depraved fools, yet you would want your wife to keep the baby of a molester if she is ra.ped and gets pregnant
I was only repeating in your tone.

The last part of your post is pathetic and low sir.
She should kill the baby then? For the crimes of the father? She should encourage more evil then? You are the morally depraved one then, who will accept the killing of an innocent unborn because of selfish interests. I will do anything to save a life. Life is precious. Human life is precious.
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by texanomaly(f): 9:22am On Dec 17, 2013
Where are the Mods? Y'all are derailing this thread every which way there is... angry
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by Joshthefirst(m): 9:48am On Dec 17, 2013
texanomaly: Where are the Mods? Y'all are derailing this thread every which way there is... angry
sorry ma'am
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by texanomaly(f): 9:51am On Dec 17, 2013
Joshthefirst: sorry ma'am

Hi Josh...How are you this morning?
Have you commented on the actual topic?
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by Nobody: 9:52am On Dec 17, 2013
texanomaly:

Hi Josh...How are you this morning?
Have you commented on the actual topic?
The topic doesn't fit his reality.
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by texanomaly(f): 9:54am On Dec 17, 2013
aManFromMars:
The topic doesn't fit his reality.

Be nice...Does it fit yours? What is your opinion?

Did you get my email?
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by Nobody: 9:55am On Dec 17, 2013
nutty_hnic: Africans are starving, you talking space program.
Africans have been starving despite millions coming from charities. Please say something better.
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by Nobody: 9:57am On Dec 17, 2013
texanomaly:

Be nice...Does it fit yours? What is your opinion?

Did you get my email?
Yeah, just seen it.

We should take the risk. India and China still have starving people, but they are far ahead of us currently. Let's stop deceiving ourselves. Most infrastructure being built across AFRICA is being done by the Chinese and the Indians.
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by texanomaly(f): 9:58am On Dec 17, 2013
aManFromMars:
Africans have been starving despite millions coming from charities. Please say something better.
That's it? That's your response? smh

btw...I did say something better.
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 17, 2013
texanomaly:
That's it? That's your response? smh

btw...I did say something better.
We can't use poverty as an excuse. There will always be hungry people, people can choose to deny this if they wish.

A better question could be in what way would space programs benefit us?

Make I go brush teeth. I dey come. grin
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by texanomaly(f): 10:00am On Dec 17, 2013
aManFromMars:
Yeah, just seen it.

We should take the risk. India and China still have starving people, but they are far ahead of us currently. Let's stop deceiving ourselves. Most infrastructure being built across AFRICA is being done by the Chinese and the Indians.

Seriously? You think Nigeria should put more money into a space program than education?
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by Nobody: 10:02am On Dec 17, 2013
texanomaly:

Seriously? You think Nigeria should put more money into a space program than education?

Where did I imply that?

Pls, can we honestly say there aren't enough Nigerian scientists to handle a Nigerian space program?
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by texanomaly(f): 10:05am On Dec 17, 2013
aManFromMars:

Where did I imply that?

Pls, can we honestly say there aren't enough Nigerian scientists to handle a Nigerian space program?

Can you honestly say that money wouldn't be better spent on a quality education?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Miniature 'human Brain' Grown In Lab / The World Will Not End In 2012 - NASA / World Largest Snake (55ft) -picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.