Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

Video: We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It - Gov. Rotimi Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video: We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It - Gov. Rotimi Amaechi (624 Views)

“Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi / Caption This Photo Of Gov Sule Lamido And Gov Rotimi Amaechi / "We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It" - Governor, Rotimi Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Video: We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It - Gov. Rotimi Amaechi by infonubia(m): 4:41am On Dec 16, 2013
Rivers State Governor, Rotimi Amaechi says the reason that political office holders steal state funds is because citizens have never confronted or stoned them (including himself) for the act.

At a tribute event for Nelson Mandela in Lagos, Mr. Amaechi said Nigerians have not shown enough aggression or resistance against stealing by political office holders.

Read some of what he said:

If you see a thief and you allow him to be stealing, what have you done? You have stoned nobody; that is why we are stealing. Who have you stoned? They came out and started dancing oil subsidy, oil subsidy. They told you that they stole N2.3trn, what did you do?

Instead you are protesting ‘bring more oil subsidy’. The oil subsidy that is not reaching the poor. A few individuals are going away with the money and you have done nothing. You are mourning Madiba, who lived up to 95, and he was very angry with Nigeria when he died."

You’ve heard that $50bn is missing and you have done nothing about it. In some countries people will go on the street until they return that money. It is N8trn, it can change Nigeria.

Me I want to steal only $1bn, let them bring it. You read Obasanjo’s letter and you are asking why is he writing the letter, is he a South-South man?

You, what have you done? If you don’t take your destiny in your hands, we will go and other leaders will come and continue stealing.

Watch the video courtesy of Sahara TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ug0ifwslG84

What do you think about what Governor Amaechi said? I think he made some good point. The man is challenging all Nigerians to take action against corruption.

http://www.infonubia.com/2013/12/video-we-steal-because-you-never-stoned.html
Re: Video: We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It - Gov. Rotimi Amaechi by Jeezyy(m): 7:07am On Dec 16, 2013
Re: Video: We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It - Gov. Rotimi Amaechi by ITbomb(m): 7:10am On Dec 16, 2013
Same thing I have been saying and which President Jonathan said. Corruption is not the fundamental problem of Nigeria. Attackin corruption or corrupt people after they have stolen is going after effect without looking at the cause.
A weak social system of punishment and reward is the fundamental issue and the judiciary system is further worsen by tribalism.
There is a popular adage in some quarters of govt that 'if you dont take the money, another person will take cos the people dont care for the purpose , all they want is that it is their brother that took it '
Re: Video: We Steal Because You Never Stoned Us For It - Gov. Rotimi Amaechi by Afam4eva(m): 7:27am On Dec 16, 2013

(1)

Federal House Of Reps Leadership To Change Soon? / Bamanga Tukur Begs For Forgiveness As PDP Govs Meet / Nobody Owns Nigeria An Article By Ajibola Bakare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.