Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,006 members, 7,814,430 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

“Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi (83176 Views)

LIVE ON NTA: Senate Kicks Against Petition Submitted Against Rotimi Amaechi / Caption This Photo Of Gov Sule Lamido And Gov Rotimi Amaechi / Rotimi Amaechi In His APC-Customised Reflective Sunglasses (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

“Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by amzee(m): 10:18pm On May 18, 2015
Rivers Governor, Chibuike Amaechi@
50: “Why my father named me
Rotimi”

Posted by: Online Editor
in News, Politics

By KIKELOMO IWAJOMO

On Wednesday, 27th May 2015, the
Executive Governor of Rivers State,
Rt. (Hon.) Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi
will turn 50. To usher him into the
golden-age club, a series of activities
have been lined up in his honour. One
of the big events is the launch of the
book – Dynamics of Change: The
Amaechi Years – edited by his former
lecturer, Dr. Chidi Amuta, and Dr.
Yemi Ogunbiyi. The well-written book
was presented on Thursday, 14th
May 2015 in Lagos at the Civic
Centre.

Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi
was born in Ubima, Ikwerre Local
Government Area of Rivers State on
27th May, 1965 to late elder Fidelis
Amaechi and his loving wife Mrs.
Mary Amaechi. The young Chibuike
started his educational life at St.
Theresa’s Primary school from 1970
to 1976, where he passed his first
school leaving certificate, after which
he proceeded to Government
Secondary School Okolobiri in 1977,
finishing and earning his West African
School Certificate in 1982. The lure to
improve his lot amongst his peers
took him to the University of Port
Harcourt in 1983, where he graduated
with an honours degree in English
Studies and Literature in 1987. In a
recent interview with City People,
Amaechi spoke on his life at 50 and
why his father named him Rotimi.
According to him, he was named
Rotimi because his father wanted
him to be a lawyer like late legal
icon,Chief FRA Williams, SAN.

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by azahmed(m): 10:25pm On May 18, 2015
Nice one......Na where he mingle wit yoruba be dt

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by midolian(m): 10:26pm On May 18, 2015
I 've bn wondering for long where he got the Rotimi from..now I know

Remain blessed!.. The lion of Ubima, the slayer of GEJ and the General of common sense Revolution.

229 Likes 16 Shares

Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by oduastates: 10:28pm On May 18, 2015
Arote.
One of the few Conscientious politicians in Nigeria. At least he knows what is right from what is wrong. He also remembered to do stuffs that will touch the little man on the street with his health and education investments
That is why I disagree with cramjones on his attack on Ben Bruce Murray.
Nigeria would have been in a better place with Ben Bruce than with Jonathan.
Yes he is no mother theresa and he is also not Jonathan. He also knows how stuffs should work.
At least you know that he would gravitate more towards intelligent people than toward the touts Jonathan openly pals around with.
I can withstand lies from intelligent people than lies from quacks,crooks and buffoons.
This is why I agree with a comment I read online that
Nigeria's liberation would depend on the magmanimity of a few good men who decide to the right thing.
Definitely not on the masses who have continously shown themselves of being incapable of sound judgement.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by Nobody: 10:30pm On May 18, 2015
Rumour has it that Amaechi na actually yoruba man.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by skup008(m): 10:40pm On May 18, 2015
just love this man...

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by coputa(m): 10:42pm On May 18, 2015
masterchi:
Rumour has it that Amaechi na actually yoruba man.
And he became the governor of Rivers state.What of the name,Ameachi,is it from the maternal side.

26 Likes

Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by Pinkiedearie(f): 10:45pm On May 18, 2015
Ok...nice
Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by coputa(m): 10:45pm On May 18, 2015
skup008:
just love this man...
For owing workers salary.

17 Likes

Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by SPAGGYYY(f): 10:52pm On May 18, 2015
[size=20pt]something about that name makes him outstanding...[/size]

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by iamrealdeji(m): 11:29pm On May 18, 2015
I heard he came out with 3rd class and was a cultist,and those lecturers will portray him well like he was the best student in class then,Amaechi looks yoruba to me,he looks like Olaiya Igwe

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by BabaNath(m): 12:28am On May 19, 2015
The Lion of Ubima. Nightmare of mama piss, The slayer of millions of Tanoids abi na saTANist, the General of the common sense Revolution. Amaechi the baddo

91 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by Sibrah: 12:38am On May 19, 2015
Mama peace's Nightmare any-day anytime.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by emmysoftyou: 12:49am On May 19, 2015
Too many lies about his biodata and too many lies behind his names and origin...
Finally,we have known the truth behind his yoruba name...
Which i consider as serious matter and serious fact that we nigerians need to know...

6 Likes 6 Shares

Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by Babacele: 3:51am On May 19, 2015
SPAGGYYY:
[size=20pt]something about that name makes him outstanding...[/size]
Yea , and it will be a huge advantage when we present him as a presidential candidate after GMB's tenure .

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by senier007(m): 4:30am On May 19, 2015
See wike for your back and mama peace dey sneeze, looks like she will need another round of surgery.

8 Likes

Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by SPAGGYYY(f): 5:10am On May 19, 2015
Babacele:
Yea , and it will be a huge advantage when we present him as a presidential candidate after GMB's tenure .
you can see the future babacele

3 Likes

Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by Pavore9: 5:20am On May 19, 2015
Interesting.
Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by appini: 5:32am On May 19, 2015
Story story...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by Babacele: 5:33am On May 19, 2015
SPAGGYYY:
you can see the future babacele
bros I just forecast ni, name only God knows tomorrow. But Amaechi has sown seeds today that shall yield predictable fruits tomorrow.

5 Likes

Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by Jorussia(m): 5:36am On May 19, 2015
coputa:
For owing workers salary.
just as wada,Suswan yero and Jang of the PDP are owing workers salaries.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by olasmith10(m): 5:58am On May 19, 2015
He has carved his name in d political history of dis nation..despite all d allegations labelled on him..he is unbendable but dependable..

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by HopeAtHand: 6:10am On May 19, 2015
Amaechi ok oooo.

The Son of a palmwine tapper...Im happy Amaechi surpassed his fathers heights.

...only God can imagine what an illiterate and unenlightened version of Rotimi Amaechi would do to people in his village with such sheer stubborness and attendant comical displays.

3 Likes

Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by Nobody: 6:24am On May 19, 2015
I can't buy that lie.

I guess those who named their child Goodluck are half expectant that the child will one day become Nigerian president.

#Gibberish.

2 Likes

Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by yomalex(m): 6:33am On May 19, 2015
Ok
Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by Nobody: 6:36am On May 19, 2015
Mr. Rotimi Amaechi,the civilian general.
The people's champ.
A dogged fighter,who can't be subdued by a shepopotamus.
May God. Continue to. Bless. You.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by MzCorleone(f): 6:55am On May 19, 2015
Indeedy! That was how one man in my area named his son T.B Joshua.

1 Like

Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by DjHypno(m): 7:01am On May 19, 2015
Thanks for clearing the air.

1 Like

Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by coputa(m): 7:17am On May 19, 2015
Babacele:
A cultist,an arrogant braggart,who bite the finger that fed him.His political career has nosdive,before the end of your miracle president tenure,you will not hear of the ikwere man that bears two conflicting names again.He will go into political oblivon.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by coputa(m): 7:19am On May 19, 2015
DjHypno:
Thanks for clearing the air.
Nigerians are very easy to deceive.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos / Photos Of Sunday Igboho After His Release From Prison / Obasanjo Presents Soludo As Finance Minister, Tinubu Kicks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.