Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,896 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data (185626 Views)

Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data / Turn Off Whatsapp Without Turning-off Data On Your Symbian And Java Phones / My 6600 Keeps Turning Off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data by gbishman: 4:04pm On Dec 16, 2013
Omo breaking news. Dem dey evacuate Harvard becos of unconfirmed explosives
Re: How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data by ITbomb(m): 4:10pm On Dec 16, 2013
oluwafranky:
1= download DX TOOL BOX, which I believe most ppl already have but pls get d update versions

What is the latest version.
I ve downloaded v3.1.5 and v3.2.5
Re: How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 16, 2013
Avast firewall does the trick and it's simple and straight

Click on avast, scroll down to firewall and click, click enable, scroll down to Whatsapp, tick the 3 buttons beside it - wifi, 3G, and 2G and you're done... whatsapp chat is blocked until you're ready to disable the process and start the chat... data intact for other things but chosen app disabled!!!

3 Likes

Re: How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data by Amadaz(m): 4:17pm On Dec 16, 2013
whats the need turning of your whatsapp after chattin... it sounds absurd

1 Like

Re: How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data by Nobody: 4:18pm On Dec 16, 2013
How much data does whatsapp consume while idle for you to turn it off?

2 Likes

Re: How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data by maxibrainz: 4:22pm On Dec 16, 2013
Eminado01: Avast firewall does the trick and it's simple and straight

Click on avast, scroll down to firewall and click, click enable, scroll down to Whatsapp, tick the 3 buttons beside it - wifi, 3G, and 2G and you're done... whatsapp chat is blocked until you're ready to disable the process and start the chat... data intact for other things but chosen app disabled!!!
nice one tanx alot
Re: How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data by Dalazyou(m): 4:23pm On Dec 16, 2013
just reset ur system time ,whatsapp requires time 2 be correct b4 it starts up

1 Like

Re: How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data by Nobody: 4:26pm On Dec 16, 2013
oluwafranky: Please follow this steps... I v explained in details

1= download DX TOOL BOX, which I believe most ppl already have but pls get d update versions

2= open d DX TOOL BOX, click on the icon at the top right of its home page

3= click on system settings

4= click on master float window and set it to ON

5= you have successfully configured the DX app now exit to ur normal phone home page

Now u will always see a floating icon on ur screen

6= when ever you want to stop ur whatapp, click on that floating icon... It will bring out all the running application so click the whatapp icon

7= click on force stop.... That's it

You won't receive any messages on whatapp, all sent messages will be on pending till u open ur whatapp to receive all.....

Note.. It's Jst like going offline, when ever you don't want disturb from whatapp or not enough mb, u go offline by repeating steps 6 and 7

I hope this helps.. Thanks for your time.... Am here for assistance on this issue
please can this work on a java phone?
Re: How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 16, 2013
Amadaz: whats the need turning of your whatsapp after chattin... it sounds absurd

It seems the op use a very limited data for him to be doing this. Maybe 10megabytes grin . I use 1GB mobile data monthly, my whatsapp is always on and I don't even use up to 60% of the data most times.
Re: How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data by ollykay619(m): 4:31pm On Dec 16, 2013
ken.eguae:

It seems the op use a very limited data for him to be doing this. Maybe 10megabytes grin . I use 1GB mobile data monthly, my whatsapp is always on and I don't even use up to 60% of the data most times.
how do u subscribe to d 1GB mobile data plan, how much is it and which network.
Re: How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data by ollykay619(m): 4:33pm On Dec 16, 2013
ken.eguae:

Re: How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data by PuffyT1(m): 4:33pm On Dec 16, 2013
***for Symbian Phone Users***..just get the netquin antivirus or their mobile guard...just set it(whatsapp) as 'untrusted'.. under the network fire wall options..n Gbooom u'll be iN control off the stuff sharpily
Re: How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data by kayojosephy(m): 4:34pm On Dec 16, 2013
na hw much dem dey charge wey u still dey off d data...
Re: How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data by chiefololade: 4:35pm On Dec 16, 2013
thank you... I have enough data
Re: How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data by dgitrader(m): 4:38pm On Dec 16, 2013
deejay_harry1:

funny thing... YOU ARE THE OLODO.. undecided

Too glaring! He needs not be told

1 Like

Re: How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data by jedisco(m): 4:41pm On Dec 16, 2013
I don't think you need to download an app. But this may be limited to Samsung Touchwiz.

All you need do is go to Settings>Connections>Data usage. Click on WhatsApp and tick the restrict background data.
This way, WhatsApp only works when you open the app. This and can be done for any other app especially those that gulp data alot in the background.

1 Like

Re: How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data by Nobody: 4:46pm On Dec 16, 2013
ollykay619:
how do u subscribe to d 1GB mobile data plan, how much is it and which network.

Expresso telecom, Senegal. Regular Monthly subscription: 1,630.00 NGN/1GB data,10 hours of calls to home network only and 1000 free sms to home network only. I usually subscribe when they are offering 3,300NGN for calls to all destinations, otherwise, I use my Wi-Fi when I'm at home and occasionally subscribe 200mb/4hrs call hno/24hrs = 197NGN when I'm away.
Re: How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data by Keluong(m): 4:51pm On Dec 16, 2013
cant you simply disable background data?
Re: How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data by Keluong(m): 4:55pm On Dec 16, 2013
jedisco: I don't think you need to download an app. But this may be limited to Samsung Touchwiz.

All you need do is go to Settings>Connections>Data usage. Click on WhatsApp and tick the restrict background data.
This way, WhatsApp only works when you open the app. This and can be done for any other app especially those that gulp data alot in the background.
simple!!!
Re: How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data by tunnex190: 5:01pm On Dec 16, 2013
ken.eguae:

FYI, many people prefer to switch it off before it consumes battery when it is on.

Can someone see to how I can get this whatsapp switch off on symbian phone?

1 Like

Re: How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data by Nobody: 5:07pm On Dec 16, 2013
tunnex190:

FYI, many people prefer to switch it off before it consumes battery when it is on.

Can someone see to how I can get this whatsapp switch off on symbian phone?

Then download a battery saver app. Android: 'Deep sleep battery saver' will do the trick for you all round. It put off your mobile data/Wi-Fi when you are not using it and makes it come on every one hour just in case you have a pending message. Plus, it pauses all apps working in the background until you are ready to use them. iOS: Battery Doctor (Battery Saver).
Re: How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data by alotofgrace(m): 5:24pm On Dec 16, 2013
listen......the optimise function of any antivirus will clear any background data/app until u relunch it
Re: How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data by Nobody: 5:30pm On Dec 16, 2013
Too many oversabi on Nairaland..if y'all knew this, why are yu still here commenting and preventing us that don't know to learn?? Yu guys should give way jare. Olodo forming smart guy

1 Like

Re: How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data by ACM10: 5:32pm On Dec 16, 2013
Just THREE steps as explained with pictures.

1 Like

Re: How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data by Darey00(m): 5:39pm On Dec 16, 2013
Its very easy: 1. For rooted fones... Greenify will solve it..
2.. non-rooted fones: go to Data usage.. scroll to Whatsapp den check d box dat says "Restrict background data"..
u will only receive msgs whenever u open Whatsapp.. d moment u close it no more msgs
Re: How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data by Nobody: 5:41pm On Dec 16, 2013
ACM10: Just THREE steps as explained with pictures.

i tire for nl pipx ooo.. just as simple as tht, and they are calling avast, dxtool... lol..... smellos

2 Likes

Re: How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data by MightyFortress: 5:41pm On Dec 16, 2013
Interesting. Make I try am.
Re: How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data by ACM10: 5:53pm On Dec 16, 2013
deejay_harry1:

i tire for nl pipx ooo.. just as simple as tht, and they are calling avast, dxtool... lol..... smellos

grin grin
Re: How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data by hadedayor10(m): 5:55pm On Dec 16, 2013
oluwafranky:
YES
can't find it in playstore ......u may help with link to the app dwload
THANKS IN ADVANCE
Re: How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data by pauladonis(m): 5:57pm On Dec 16, 2013
simple thing. restrict background data, u can do dat by goin tru settings, i use it all d time.
Re: How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data by Kayswat(m): 6:08pm On Dec 16, 2013
greenify,droid wall,dx app,rooted,unrooted,over-rooted,undeq-rooted blah blah blah blah blah.what has all this av to do with me,doesnt add a penny n doesnt remove a dime from me.i don't even know d meaning gan.mtcheew..........pple argueing over wat i av nt even heard of b4,abeg mah pple quickly pin this pple down oo b4 dis technology of a thing ruin thier brain
Re: How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data by Moyato(m): 6:14pm On Dec 16, 2013
oluwafranky: Please follow this steps... I v explained in details

2= open d DX TOOL BOX, click on the icon at the top right of its home page

3= click on system settings

4= click on master float window and set it to ON

5= you have successfully configured the DX app now exit to ur normal phone home page

Now u will always see a floating icon on ur screen

6= when ever you want to stop ur whatapp, click on that floating icon... It will bring out all the running application so click the whatapp icon

7= click on force stop.... That's it

You won't receive any messages on whatapp, all sent messages will be on pending till u open ur whatapp to receive all.....

Note.. It's Jst like going offline, when ever you don't want disturb from whatapp or not enough mb, u go offline by repeating steps 6 and 7

I hope this helps.. Thanks for your time.... Am here for assistance on this issue
pls my nokia asha 206 can't download whatsapp?wat shld i do?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Borrow Airtime From Glo Using “borrow Me Credit” / Airtel 20x Bonus, Recharge N100, Get N2000 + Free Data Bonus And Even More / How To Install Whatsapp On A Nokia S40 Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.