Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Is This Love? Wake Up Nigerian Women - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is This Love? Wake Up Nigerian Women (2951 Views)

When You Wake Up At Night And You See Your Girlfriend Like This. / Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. / Why Do Girls Wake Up At 27 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Love? Wake Up Nigerian Women by ladyolis(f): 5:20pm On Jul 30, 2008
On Thursday, July 24, 2008, a 50-year old Nigerian man Michael Collins Iheme shot and killed his 28-year old estranged wife, Anthonia Iheme, in her work parking lot. Witnesses say Michael fired several shots into her car then ran into another car and drove away. Shortly after the crime, he called 911 and told the operator that “Yes, I have killed the woman that messed my life up. A woman that had destroyed me. I am at Shalom West, …my name is Michael.” The police arrested him about 100 meters from the shooting where he stated, “I called the police….I shot her…I shot her.”

Well this is freaky you know im not here to judge anyone but i have a question to those Nigerian women, the fact that you know you own man are abusive why do you even marry then i think Nigerian man should be gay, they should marry each other period
Re: Is This Love? Wake Up Nigerian Women by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jul 30, 2008
@ poster

It seems you don't like Nigerian men eh?

Welcome to the club!
Re: Is This Love? Wake Up Nigerian Women by HCH3COO: 5:26pm On Jul 30, 2008
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-155401.0.html  .   Killing the one you love is not the most exciting way to express your love for her.
Re: Is This Love? Wake Up Nigerian Women by Queenisha: 5:26pm On Jul 30, 2008
source please.

This is becoming all too common in the west
Frustration I suppose.
But wait o
what will posess a 28 year old girl to marry "her own father"
How can they relate?

she'll be listening to psquare while he's dancing to oriental brothers.
How sad

1 Like

Re: Is This Love? Wake Up Nigerian Women by jaquan(m): 5:27pm On Jul 30, 2008
stale news angry angry
Re: Is This Love? Wake Up Nigerian Women by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jul 30, 2008
Queenisha:

source please.

This is becoming all too common in the west
Frustration I suppose.
But wait o
what will posess a 28 year old girl to marry "her own father"
How can they relate?

she'll be listening to psquare while he's dancing to oriental brothers.
How sad

He might have brought her here straight from the village!
Re: Is This Love? Wake Up Nigerian Women by Gamine(f): 5:28pm On Jul 30, 2008
Hen?

this woman again undecided
Re: Is This Love? Wake Up Nigerian Women by ssRhino: 5:28pm On Jul 30, 2008
Dont even know if i shd comment on such nonesense, cos no one can ruin ur life without ur persmision and when u dont wanna be with someone anymore, why kill the, just let them go.
Re: Is This Love? Wake Up Nigerian Women by HCH3COO: 5:31pm On Jul 30, 2008
the fact that you know you own man are abusive why do you even marry then i think Nigerian man should be gay,  they should marry each other period
. . . and you should learn to construct proper sentences with some coherence.  The part I quoted above doesn't make any sense.  cry
Re: Is This Love? Wake Up Nigerian Women by Hannibal: 5:32pm On Jul 30, 2008
ladyolis:

On Thursday, July 24, 2008, a 50-year old Nigerian man Michael Collins Iheme shot and killed his 28-year old estranged wife, Anthonia Iheme, in her work parking lot. Witnesses say Michael fired several shots into her car then ran into another car and drove away. Shortly after the crime, he called 911 and told the operator that “Yes, I have killed the woman that messed my life up. A woman that had destroyed me. I am at Shalom West, …my name is Michael.” The police arrested him about 100 meters from the shooting where he stated, “I called the police….I shot her…I shot her.”

Well this is freaky you know im not here to judge anyone but i have a question to those Nigerian women, the fact that you know you own man are abusive why do you even marry then i think Nigerian man should be gay, they should marry each other period

So Nigerian men should be gay because of one freak accident??
Should we follow your theory and conclude Caucasians should marry their animals and enjoy bestiality??
This is insanity in sterling quality. wink wink
Re: Is This Love? Wake Up Nigerian Women by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jul 30, 2008
undecided
Re: Is This Love? Wake Up Nigerian Women by smooooooth: 5:38pm On Jul 30, 2008
the guy just acting out his western influence, and now u want to coin it a nigerian thing. as far as i'm concern that guy stop being a nigerian long time ago, and he is from your country where psychos go around as men.bullshit!!!!
Re: Is This Love? Wake Up Nigerian Women by Queenisha: 5:39pm On Jul 30, 2008
ladyolis:

Well this is freaky you know[b] im not here to judge anyone[/b] but i have a question to those Nigerian women, the fact that you know you own man are abusive why do you even marry then i think Nigerian man should be gay, they should marry each other period

I think you should be serving kolanuts and palmy at Okija shrine.
Idiot!
Re: Is This Love? Wake Up Nigerian Women by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jul 30, 2008
smooooooth:

the guy just acting out his western influence, and now u want to coin it a nigerian thing. as far as i'm concern that guy stop being a nigerian long time ago, and he is from your country where psychos go around as men.bullshit!!!!

Sorry dude. Finally he could allow the beast in him out. Besides don't you know men also kill their wives in your lovely Nigeria? Mentally weak being. Continue blaming it on the west and displaying your lack of intellectual freedom!
Re: Is This Love? Wake Up Nigerian Women by jaquan(m): 5:45pm On Jul 30, 2008
Queenisha:

I think you should be serving kolanuts and palmy at Okija shrine.
Idiot!
grin grin grin
Re: Is This Love? Wake Up Nigerian Women by Pataki: 5:53pm On Jul 30, 2008
This thread is outrageously stupid.

Domestic violence against gender is a problem that worries every nation. Wonder when morons will get out of the stereotype of Nigerian Men are responsible for their sufferhead.

It is not a must to marry a Nigerian Man. If you are not happy with Nigerian Men, carry your hate and go die with it.

Queen Rania is busy fighting the stereotype of violence against Women in the Middle East, and she is appreciated all over the world for it. I wonder where your hate alongside with your fellow Nigerian Men haters on the forum will carry you to?

Ask yourself!

Stinking drone.
Re: Is This Love? Wake Up Nigerian Women by smooooooth: 5:54pm On Jul 30, 2008
michelin89:

Sorry dude. Finally he could allow the beast in him out. Besides don't you know men also kill their wives in your lovely Nigeria? Mentally weak being. Continue blaming it on the west and displaying your lack of intellectual freedom!

okay i blame it on the the thick jungle you call village you escaped from and was ferried to ITALO. naybe tht the part of 9ja where a man will run out, take a gun and run to his wife car, shoot her 9times, repeating Bleep u bitch with every round, and finally goes to call the police and says hey i just killed the damn bitch that ruined my life.  undecided
Re: Is This Love? Wake Up Nigerian Women by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jul 30, 2008
smooooooth:

okay i blame it on the the thick jungle you call village you escaped from and was ferried to ITALO. naybe that the part of Nigeria where a man will run out, take a gun and run to his wife car, shoot her 9times, repeating Bleep u bitch with every round, and finally goes to call the police and says hey i just killed the damn bitch that ruined my life. undecided

*yawnnnnn*
Re: Is This Love? Wake Up Nigerian Women by Feministic(f): 6:13pm On Jul 30, 2008
Please!!! People of all nationalities kill their wives all the time, I think that Nigerian/African men get much more focus while abroad because of the stigma against african men in general as domineering tyrants, which other men are also capable of being and isn't always true . Another thing i have noticed is that people assume african women that migrate here as "spoiled" back home, I do admit that leaving your home to go ANYWHERE will force you to widen your perspective and take on new ideas, but just because something is different does not mean that it is wrong, we have to learn how to grow beyond our own walls. This may have been the cause of the poor woman's death : built up frustrations in a man that couldn't or did not want to understand new ideas.
Re: Is This Love? Wake Up Nigerian Women by HCH3COO: 6:16pm On Jul 30, 2008
Feministic:

Please!!! People of all nationalities kill their wives all the time, I think that Nigerian/African men get much more focus while abroad because of the stigma against african men in general as domineering tyrants, which other men are also capable of being and isn't always true . Another thing i have noticed is that people assume african women that migrate here as "spoiled" back home, I do admit that leaving your home to go ANYWHERE will force you to widen your perspective and take on new ideas, but just because something is different does not mean that it is wrong, we have to learn how to grow beyond our own walls. This may have been the cause of the poor woman's death : built up frustrations in a man that couldn't or did not want to understand new ideas.
Aww cry . . this is one of the better posts I've seen from you. So unbiased and well-rounded. kiss
Re: Is This Love? Wake Up Nigerian Women by StephenP(m): 6:24pm On Jul 30, 2008
@ poster, whatever! If you hate Nigerian men what the hell do you keep coming back to us? Just freaking leave Nairaland. If I were to post stories about white men abusing their wives, I don't think the server would have enough space to handle it. Always wanting to remove the speck in our eyes when there's a forest in your own eyes.
Re: Is This Love? Wake Up Nigerian Women by Feministic(f): 6:27pm On Jul 30, 2008
" he came to me and said "I read 'Things Fall Apart' and I think it's tragic that african men are heartless tyrants" I turned to him and said "I read 'American Psycho' and I think its tragic that white men are all serial killers, "

- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is This Love? Wake Up Nigerian Women by StephenP(m): 6:30pm On Jul 30, 2008
Feministic:

" he came to me and said "I read 'Things Fall Apart' and I think it's tragic that african men are heartless tyrants" I turned to him and said "I read 'American Psycho' and I think its tragic that white men are all serial killers, "

- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I know right. Everyday, there's a shooting at a campus, mall, home, elementary school, hospital. All of them by white people. Then they pussy out and kill themselves. They don't even have the right to say shit about Africans.
Re: Is This Love? Wake Up Nigerian Women by Hannibal: 6:34pm On Jul 30, 2008
StephenP:

I know right. Everyday, there's a shooting at a campus, mall, home, elementary school, hospital. All of them by white people. Then they pussy out and kill themselves. They don't even have the right to say shit about Africans.

Nigerians are yet to match the Columbine high school massacre. tongue
Re: Is This Love? Wake Up Nigerian Women by Sisikill: 6:35pm On Jul 30, 2008
@ OP
No offense but how old are you? I'm guessing you're probably around 2 to 3 hrs old, that's why this comes as a shock to you. It also explains why you think only Nigerian men kill their wives. . . yep, they are all over the news like

Scott Adebayo Peterson killed his wife Laci Tutu Peterson.
Charles Jide Stuart shot his wife Carol Banke Stuart.
David Chike Magraw strangled his wife Nancy Adanna Magraw
Joseph Sule Romano killed and dismembered his wife Katherine Hajara Romano

Seriously, are you ok. . . I suggest you go take a nap, babies need all the sleep they can get.
Re: Is This Love? Wake Up Nigerian Women by StephenP(m): 6:38pm On Jul 30, 2008
Hannibal:

True.
Re: Is This Love? Wake Up Nigerian Women by Feministic(f): 6:40pm On Jul 30, 2008
I do understand where a misunderstanding may occur between Nigerian women and Nigerian men, due to out of date expectations and social evolution, to me this is proof that we are all suffering from gender roles in our country, what could work then can't always work now and we need to stop trying to make it work in a time where these roles don't always apply. I wonder if its harder for African men to adapt to new ideas on family structure because the past one placed them at the "head" so to speak, and they may feel like they should have what their father's had or see it as a threat to their self-worth or power. Our women are thinking outside their boxes, they are doing new things and we should try to embrace them and African women should understand that men in our country are changing to and not to pass them all off as assholes (except for when they are LOL ), their are non-conventional Nigerian men that have had the benefit of seeing both sides of the coin and are willing to accommodate new ideas on balance, gender roles, etc and then there are those that are just waiting for someone to teach them , this applies to African women as well, since I can't tell you them number of times I've heard an african man say " I can't date african women, I need someone with opinions and boldness, blah blah blah". All african women are not stupid or weak (some are just as some white/asian/hispanic/etc women are) and not every African man is ignorant and unchanging.
Re: Is This Love? Wake Up Nigerian Women by Hannibal: 6:41pm On Jul 30, 2008
Sisikill:

@ OP
No offense but how old are you? I'm guessing you're probably around 2 to 3 hrs old, that's why this comes as a shock to you. It also explains why you think only Nigerian men kill their wives. . . yes, they are all over the news like

Seriously, are you ok. . . I suggest you go take a nap, babies need all the sleep they can get.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I don't know what else to say to Sisikill.
How can one be Joseph and Sule at the same time??
Are u snacking on Sarc again??
Re: Is This Love? Wake Up Nigerian Women by Feministic(f): 6:44pm On Jul 30, 2008
@ OP
No offense but how old are you? I'm guessing you're probably around 2 to 3 hrs old, that's why this comes as a shock to you. It also explains why you think only Nigerian men kill their wives. . . yes, they are all over the news like

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

My fave was "David Chike Macgraw" It's true! We are not in the news that much so when we are it is quite a shock and it is always made out to be more than it is, like "oh golly, what are those savages doing in our peaceful land now?"

But i do always freak out with glee when I see a Nigerian name on tv, (reporters, journalists, models, etc)
"OMG! OMFG! she's igbo/Yoruba/etc" LOL
Re: Is This Love? Wake Up Nigerian Women by eldee(m): 6:45pm On Jul 30, 2008
Hannibal:

I'm still waiting for the Olawale that will do the Fritzl
C'mon . . . locking your daughter and raping her till she gives birth to seven kids for you
That's a record low
Re: Is This Love? Wake Up Nigerian Women by KarmaMod(f): 6:48pm On Jul 30, 2008
Here you go osisi

http://kstp.com/article/Pstories/S522462.shtml

It was on Eyewitness News.
Re: Is This Love? Wake Up Nigerian Women by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jul 30, 2008
KarmaMod:

Here you go osisi

http://kstp.com/article/Pstories/S522462.shtml

It was on Eyewitness News.

You mean Osisi is here?

Where is she?

cry cry cry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Our Dirty Habit / Ever Gotten Back Together With Your Ex? Did It Work? / Will You Marry An Ugly Girl Who Can Cook Or A Fine Girl Who Can't Cook.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.