Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,844 members, 7,831,737 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements (24959 Views)

Buhari Taking Credit For Jonathan’s Achievements, Says Rep. / Buhari Has Already Surpassed Jonathan's Achievements - APC / President Jonathan’s Achievements In Infographics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by jmaine: 8:59pm On Dec 23, 2013
Am waiting for the latrine clown called Agba-olodo to show his ugly face here . . .
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by Rad1cal: 9:45pm On Dec 23, 2013
hyper gig: half of what you higlighted bro are mere absract achievements except for the rail and other soft touch projects the lad toiled on.....all others na mere breeze....

bobs, we dey wait for you.
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by jamace(m): 8:42pm On Dec 26, 2013
jmaine: Am waiting for the latrine clown called Agba-olodo to show his ugly face here . . .
cheesy cheesy
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by Nobody: 8:59am On Jan 03, 2014
This thread remains the nemesis of APC e-rats.
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by fabulous4u: 9:04am On Jan 03, 2014
Sincere 9gerian: This thread remains the nemesis of APC e-rats.
so true they dare not open their mounts here
bunch of APC e-goats
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by jamace(m): 11:24am On Jan 03, 2014
With all these executed projects (some still ongoing), political reforms and social re-engineering, do you still believe that, "Jonathan is not doing anything as President?"

Jonathan is developing Nigeria. Don't allow politicians to toy with our senses.

Nigerians, be wise.
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by Nobody: 11:48am On Jan 03, 2014
jamace: With all these executed projects (some still ongoing), political reforms and social re-engineering, do you still believe that, "Jonathan is not doing anything as President?"

Jonathan is developing Nigeria. Don't allow politicians to toy with our senses.

Nigerians, be wise.
Nigerians, irrespective of tribe, will surely reciprocate on election day. Tribal and religious bigots will be terribly disappointed on election day.
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by macjive01: 4:37pm On Jan 03, 2014
ACN will lose in LAGOS. they should field anybody they want
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by jamace(m): 9:10am On Jan 05, 2014
Nairalanders, be objective. Read this thread and spread the good news that Jonathan is working. Thank you.
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by jamace(m): 9:13am On Jan 05, 2014
Sincere9gerian

The Nigeria Police Force is not been left out in the wind of FRESH AIR blowing across the country. Here are some of the developments in the Nigeria Police in the last 2 years:

1. Complete rehabilitation of the Police College, Ikeja, Lagos.

2. Dismantling of police road blocks nationwide. Over the years, police road blocks became an avenue for corruption, and harassment of citizens. Some innocent citizens have even lost their lives from trigger happy police officers at police road blocks. This govt has now dismantled police road blocks and replaced them with motorized patrols and in some cases temporary observation posts.

3. Procurement of about 2,000 patrol vehicles. These patrol vehicles replaced the police road blocks.

4. The marine police have been empowered with patrol boats

5. Introduction of police camouflage uniforms. Unlike their counterparts in other parts of the world, the Nigeria Police didn't have camouflage uniforms.

6. Procurement and deployment of 13 helicopters to boost the flying wing of the police. Helipads are being built in geopolitical zones to facilitate the use of these helicopters.

7. Establishment of police intelligence schools. It is shocking that this never existed.

8. Upgrade of the police intelligence departments. The Nigeria Police Force now has the capacity to listen to phone conversation of criminals.

9. Increased partnership of the police with sister security agencies.

10. Creation of Police Museum.

11. Increased training and re-training of police officers.

12. The police now has its own in-house pension fund. The is to ensure more efficient settlement of entitlement of retired police officers.

13. Construction of modern police housing estates. The first modern police housing estate, the 200-Units Goodluck Jonathan Housing Estate, was commissioned in July 2013. Another 80-Units, the Sunday Badang Housing Estate in Abuja, was commissioned in November 2013. Late sergeant Badang died in an explosion in February 2012 whilst trying to defuse an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) in Kaduna. These Housing Estates are meant to improve the standard of living of the Nigeria Police officers.

14. Establishment of the police mortgage bank. This is also geared towards better welfare for officers of the Nigeria Police Force.

These and many other internal measures have led to improved performance of the Nigeria Police Force and better security in most parts of the country.

1 Like

Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by UncleCharles: 9:24pm On Jan 05, 2014
Can you or anyone here help with a list of achievements in the south west?
theshadyexpress: We have upgraded to serve you better.
BY NWAFILI ANENE
THE present democratic dispensation is about 14 years old. President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan’s election to the seat of power is symbolic, representing a paradigm shift, a renaissance, a new age, a new Nigeria. The revolution that Nigeria desires is silently taking place. Since the beginning of his administration just about two years ago, the emphasis has been on transformation: transformations of the way government businesses are carried out, attitudinal change, and value orientation.
His administration is characterized by silent revolutionary zeal. There is no noise or media hype of what is going on. President Jonathan has shown the ability to provide solutions to hydra-headed nagging national problems. His rule has touched on all aspects of the economy.
Now, what are those things that the Jonathan administration has achieved? Specifically and verifiable too, are;
• The first President and non-muslim to build Almajiri schools throughout Northern Nigeria. Until now, no government at state and local levels have deemed it fit that these Nigerians deserve rehabilitation.
• He took the courage to unbundle the Power Holding Company of Nigeria. We believe that very soon Nigerians will begin to see the effects of this bold step.
• Restoration of the railway system. The system has been moribund for the past 20 years. Feasibility of three others to open new railway corridors, which will be concessioned to local and foreign investors. Expected to create 10 million new jobs and cause inflow of 200 billion dollars investment into the country. Now, go and see these for yourself:
* Lagos-Kano train service is now fully operation after being moribund for more than 15 years
* Eastern rail line from Port Harcourt to Maiduguri
* Zaria/Kaura Namoda rail route
* Abuja to Kaduna 187 kilometre rail line
* Ajaokuta-Warri Standard Gauge Rail line
* Lagos-Ibadan new gauge rail line
• About 90% of 22 airports earmarked for rehabilitation and remodelling completed.
• Agricultural production has increased.
* Eliminating the corruption in the fertilizer distribution system, thereby ending the over forty year old racket and government subsidization of corruption
* The government intervention in rice production and other such initiatives resulted in the creation of more than two million new jobs among rural dwellers
* Cocoa export reached the highest level thereby creating a new set of millionaires. 900 million dollars worth of Cocoa exported, as non-oil revenue first time in decades
* Anticipated annual earnings of $136 million in foreign exchange from cassava which was exported for the first time in 2012 under the Vale Chain Addition programme of the Federal Government.
• Massive rehabilitation of roads throughout the country is ongoing via Subsidy Reinvestment Programme SURE-P. Checkout the following roads
* Abuja-Abaji-Lokoja;
* Benin-Ore-Sagamu dual carriageway;
* Onitsha-Enugu-Port Harcourt dual carriageway;
* Kaduna-Maiduguri dual carriageway;
* East-West Road
* Amongst others
• The SURE-P projects resulted from the partial removal of the subsidy on petroleum products:
* 500 Primary Health Centres (PHC) across the 36 states and FCT of the Federation
* Selection of 125 General Hospitals across the 36 states and the FCT
* Training of Nigerians across the federation on skill acquisition.
* Over 5000 jobs created in the health sector alone.
* Many more in the road maintenance sector.
• National dialogue
* This is a bold step to reinvent Nigeria
* For the first time, the no-go area clause is thrown into the dustbin, creating an atmosphere for Nigerians to sit down to jaw-jaw instead the war-war.
* To allow Nigerians define their own brand of democracy suitable to our diversity
• Upholding democratic tenets
* First President to declare a state of emergency without sacking democratically elected governments
* First President to embrace and brook opposition without the usual coercion using the Federal apparatus
* The most misunderstood, insulted and criticized, yet has remained focused without the usual abuse of office by use of ALL MEANS AVAILABLE.
We hope that this will culminate in a Nigeria where every citizen’s potential would be maximally exploited for the benefit of the country. If you can run, you will be encouraged to run very well; if you can jump, you will be encouraged; whatever you can do, you will be made to do it very well.
President Goodluck Jonathan has shown the road map to good leadership, which is the bane of the Nigeria project. He has consistently shown
• Commitment and respect to the rule of law
• Commitment to conducting free and fair election
• Commitment to participatory approach to resolving national issues
• Commitment to govern within the premise of the constitution of Nigeria
• Commitment to accountability as indicated by the performance contract signed by members of his cabinet and their subsequent presentation of performance card.
Nwafili Anene (PhD) is a team member of Integrity for Leadership and Sustainable Empowerment Initiative.
http://thepointernewsonline.com/?p=26871

And there's still more to come...
Fresh air till 2019
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by tuoyoojo(m): 10:55pm On Jan 05, 2014
I read GEJ accomplishment so tay my eye come dey pain me. Shuoo! Bros GEJ I twale for u.

Its beats my imagination that people wud come and talk rubbish abt a man who is working. Look at the projects he did in d north alone. I kind of felt somehow dat no much has come to d SS but am not bother. Y? Because GEJ adminstration has blessed me.

I now have a job with d fed govt. U can say what abt the rest people. The president is but a man, and he is tackling the problems one at a time. Am off the labour market for Good.

I also wud tank GEJ for the nice abuja lokoja road. Una need to see as my motor dey fly for smooth road.

.I don't have to walk abt with my bb charger cuz am sure of meeting light at home. U may say its small but I see it as big.we maybe be moving slowly but surely we dey waka

iNfact if GEJ wants to go for a 3rd term am behind him

2 Likes

Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by Howmanage: 8:25am On Jan 06, 2014
If we had lists like this compiled for other administrations then we could compare like for like. However even the compilation of this is impressive to me and many others. Perhaps we are naive. But i wouldn't vote for GEJ simply because he appears not to have my interests at heart. This is what politics is about, you vote for who has your interests as his goals. GEJ publicly has stated his preference of one group of Nigerians over the others and could not be expecting that the others would willingly back him, although some will but I wouldn't for a second term. If he is so brazen about his preferences in his first term, there is no telling what is to come in a second term. My personal opinion
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by jmaine: 9:19am On Jan 06, 2014
Howmanage: If we had lists like this compiled for other administrations then we could compare like for like. However even the compilation of this is impressive to me and many others. Perhaps we are naive. But i wouldn't vote for GEJ simply because he appears not to have my interests at heart. This is what politics is about, you vote for who has your interests as his goals. GEJ publicly has stated his preference of one group of Nigerians over the others and could not be expecting that the others would willingly back him, although some will but I wouldn't for a second term. If he is so brazen about his preferences in his first term, there is no telling what is to come in a second term. My personal opinion

All I read is your stealth tribal bias. What we are concerned is his preference in developmental strides and not what he said in a town hall meeting to appease the emotional side of his strong and vocal backers. . . .
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by ocelot2006(m): 9:40am On Jan 06, 2014
Dahomey Amazon:
So the slow poke completed 7 roads in 4yrs?

Yes the "slowpoke" did in 3years? List what the "smart" ones have done till date.
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by tuoyoojo(m): 10:29am On Jan 06, 2014
Most of the sentiments against GEJ is partly due to the fact that he is from chrristain minority.ask your self if GEJ was from the north.wud this his antagonist talk.
If GEJ was a northern and him preformed this much.I wud have given him my support 10w percent.

Give the guy some credits abeg.

The festive season came and went not a single queue in any filling station. His opponent wud be quick to turn a blind eye to that but if there had being scarcity, they would be the 1st to go to roof tops n shout out their lungs.

Some might say its the function of the govt to do dis and do dat and providing fuel is among one of them. In the past times that fuel scarcity loomed it put pay to the saying "you neva miss the water until its gone".

Oga GEJ tanks for providing fuel.
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by Howmanage: 12:45pm On Jan 06, 2014
jmaine:

All I read is your stealth tribal bias. What we are concerned is his preference in developmental strides and not what he said in a town hall meeting to appease the emotional side of his strong and vocal backers. . . .

I made my stance pretty clear albeit without insults or mudslinging, where is the stealth in that? As to tribal bias, you say that as though its unheard of in Nigeria, GEJ himself used 'tribal bias' in that 'town hall meeting'..... Anyway, you have your vote and I have mine smiley
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by jmaine: 1:01pm On Jan 06, 2014
Howmanage:

I made my stance pretty clear albeit without insults or mudslinging, where is the stealth in that? As to tribal bias, you say that as though its unheard of in Nigeria, GEJ himself used 'tribal bias' in that 'town hall meeting'..... Anyway, you have your vote and I have mine smiley

This thread is about his notable and irrefutable achievements while you went off course referring to an utterance in a town hall meeting which to me doesn't hold water if his performance is taken into considerations.

The core North who has been his fiercest antagonist have been immensely touched by GEJ developmental drive, and that to me is more tangible and important than a speech made in a town hall meeting.

Considering the bold . . . . . . it's the truth , but we can positively or negatively influence others in the kind of information we disseminate
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by Howmanage: 1:36pm On Jan 06, 2014
jmaine:

This thread is about his notable and irrefutable achievements while you went off course referring to an utterance in a town hall meeting which to me doesn't hold water if his performance is taken into considerations.

The core North who has been his fiercest antagonist have been immensely touched by GEJ developmental drive, and that to me is more tangible and important than a speech made in a town hall meeting.

Considering the bold . . . . . . it's the truth , but we can positively or negatively influence others in the kind of information we disseminate

Off course or not its my opinion after reading this thread on GEJ achievements. Are people only allowed to post on the thread if the posts are pleasing to you? Also I am not trying to influence anyone, as you seem to have missed it earlier I will say it again- " my personal opinion"
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by jmaine: 1:40pm On Jan 06, 2014
Howmanage:

Off course or not its my opinion after reading this thread on GEJ achievements. Are people only allowed to post on the thread if the posts are pleasing to you? Also I am not trying to influence anyone, as you seem to have missed it earlier I will say it again- " my personal opinion"

Okay sir, no qualms. . . . . .

1 Like

Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jan 06, 2014
Howmanage: If we had lists like this compiled for other administrations then we could compare like for like. However even the compilation of this is impressive to me and many others. Perhaps we are naive. But i wouldn't vote for GEJ simply because he appears not to have my interests at heart. This is what politics is about, you vote for who has your interests as his goals. GEJ publicly has stated his preference of one group of Nigerians over the others and could not be expecting that the others would willingly back him, although some will but I wouldn't for a second term. If he is so brazen about his preferences in his first term, there is no telling what is to come in a second term. My personal opinion
Thrash! Why would someone place this much emphasis on a mere political statement made in a town hall meeting with Igbos rather than the CONCRETE things highlighted on this thread? What do the average farmer, road user, job seeker, industralist, etc in the north expect from their president? Are they more concerned about mere political STATEMENTS made by the president in a town hall meeting or CONCRETE things that will make their lives better?

From all indications, you'r just on a fault-finding mission. And you know what? When you go out of your way to find faults in any human being or situation, you must find plenty of it. Anyway, I wish you goodluck.
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by Frankenstein: 2:59pm On Jan 06, 2014
jamace: Sincere9gerian

The Nigeria Police Force is not been left out in the wind of FRESH AIR blowing across the country. Here are some of the developments in the Nigeria Police in the last 2 years:

1. Complete rehabilitation of the Police College, Ikeja, Lagos.

2. Dismantling of police road blocks nationwide. Over the years, police road blocks became an avenue for corruption, and harassment of citizens. Some innocent citizens have even lost their lives from trigger happy police officers at police road blocks. This govt has now dismantled police road blocks and replaced them with motorized patrols and in some cases temporary observation posts.

3. Procurement of about 2,000 patrol vehicles. These patrol vehicles replaced the police road blocks.

4. The marine police have been empowered with patrol boats

5. Introduction of police camouflage uniforms. Unlike their counterparts in other parts of the world, the Nigeria Police didn't have camouflage uniforms.

6. Procurement and deployment of 13 helicopters to boost the flying wing of the police. Helipads are being built in geopolitical zones to facilitate the use of these helicopters.

7. Establishment of police intelligence schools. It is shocking that this never existed.

8. Upgrade of the police intelligence departments. The Nigeria Police Force now has the capacity to listen to phone conversation of criminals.

9. Increased partnership of the police with sister security agencies.

10. Creation of Police Museum.

11. Increased training and re-training of police officers.

12. The police now has its own in-house pension fund. The is to ensure more efficient settlement of entitlement of retired police officers.

13. Construction of modern police housing estates. The first modern police housing estate, the 200-Units Goodluck Jonathan Housing Estate, was commissioned in July 2013. Another 80-Units, the Sunday Badang Housing Estate in Abuja, was commissioned in November 2013. Late sergeant Badang died in an explosion in February 2012 whilst trying to defuse an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) in Kaduna. These Housing Estates are meant to improve the standard of living of the Nigeria Police officers.

14. Establishment of the police mortgage bank. This is also geared towards better welfare for officers of the Nigeria Police Force.

These and many other internal measures have led to improved performance of the Nigeria Police Force and better security in most parts of the country.
Improved what? Policemen haven't changed one bit. They are still corrupt and irresponsible.
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by jamace(m): 6:11pm On Jan 09, 2014
Frankenstein: Improved what? Policemen haven't changed one bit. They are still corrupt and irresponsible.

What did your godfather do to improve the lives of policemen when he was in power?
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by jamace(m): 7:18am On Jan 10, 2014
Please, endeavour to read this thread from A-Z. It will help you to make an informed decision on the performance of GEJ.
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by Frankenstein: 11:20am On Jan 10, 2014
jamace:

What did your godfather do to improve the lives of policemen when he was in power?
Yes. Maybe GEJ has done well in improving their welfare but their brains also need to be improved. Without that, no tangible change will be noticed in the way they discharge their duties.
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by NdiAnambra: 11:31am On Jan 10, 2014
fabulous4u:
moderators front page na

They cant send such to the front page...........moderators are all Yorubas!!!!
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by jamace(m): 3:30pm On Jun 27, 2014
No weapon fashioned against this thread shall prosper! cool
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by jamace(m): 2:20am On Jul 15, 2014
Largest rice mill in Africa opened in Nassarawa State:

https://www.nairaland.com/1812848/olam-largest-rice-mill-africa

GEJ, keep up the developmental stride.

1 Like

Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by jamace(m): 8:34pm On Jul 16, 2014
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by jamace(m): 8:56am On Jul 24, 2014
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by mostfavoured(m): 9:35am On Jul 24, 2014
This thread is a great one
Re: Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements by jmaine: 9:37am On Jul 24, 2014
mostfavoured: This thread is a great one

You can always say that again . . . . .

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Oshiomhole, Iara And Elvis Chuks Spotted In Los Angeles / Bola Tinubu Celebrates His 66th Birthday Today. Throwback Vs Now Photos / Organised Labour Shut Down National Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.