Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,675 members, 7,851,301 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:40 PM

Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here - Education (161) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here (492068 Views)

Mastercard Foundation Scholarships At Michigan State University For Undergraduat / 2016/2017 Mastercard Foundation Scholarships At University Of California, Berkel / Mtn Foundation Scholarship Shortlist Is Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (262) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by OddJimms(m): 7:45am On Oct 29, 2016
Really, there should be some manual for thoroughly applying MCF, cos earnestly some questions can set a fire within one and in no time turn one into a Dragon Lord! goddamn!!
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by ExcessKJ(m): 12:50pm On Oct 29, 2016
OddJimms:
Really, there should be some manual for thoroughly applying MCF, cos earnestly some questions can set a fire within one and in no time turn one into a Dragon Lord! goddamn!!

I qiuted MCF because i dont have sat or act scores at the moment or can i still go on and apply to study medicine despite me never sit for these exams?

1 Like

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Kathique(f): 2:54pm On Oct 29, 2016
ExcessKJ:

I qiuted MCF because i dont have sat or act scores at the moment or can i still go on and apply to study medicine despite me never sit for these exams?
you don't have to quit bro, you can apply to Canadian universities they don't necessarily need sat, TOEFL etc. McGill' university, UBC Nd utoronto... Good luck Nd please do hurry up
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Nobody: 4:54pm On Oct 29, 2016
ExcessKJ:

Don't Quit!!
UBC, U of T, mcGill doesn't require any test whether SAT or TOEFL or IELTS. Once you get the admission and scholarship, they will arrange for an English test for you.... Same with University of Edinburgh, once you're eligible after completing the pre-assessment form and then completing the application... Fortunately you now get the scholarship in March i.e the final descion month for the award of mcf scholarship, they will provide fund for the required tests and everyother stuffs... You won't pay anything!
Moreover, you can't do medicine in canadian patner universities or university of Edinburgh except medical related courses... Buh if you really wanna apply for medicine (i.e Pre-medicals; coz US and Canadian Universities don't apply or study Medicine directly without you having done your pre-medicals) wait till next year and write SAT or ACT... Get a pretty good score and a very good high school GPA in your transcript, 3.8- 4.0... You will have to obtain your transcript and GPA from your present or past secondary school, (if you have already written WAEC; admission into Pre-medicals is a bit tough) and then, apply for Pre-medicals in Michigan State University before November 1, for maximum consideration, MSU is patner University of MCFS... However, MSU admission is not based on your grade unlike other patner universities, buh I will still advice you to have a very nice grade in your WAEC since you're applying for a scholarship.
So don't worry about any test and please don't quit, it's too early to do that!!
Take Care!

1 Like

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by OddJimms(m): 9:18pm On Oct 29, 2016
Was at Sheraton Hotel today for BCIE EDUfair, it was BAAM!! Thank God I learnt some British English from my cousins up in Northampton... cos really I started speaking phonetics that the admission delegate of University of Hertfordshire asked if I had been in the UK for long.... lol she no know sey I sabi small. It was fun though, I explored.
The funny thing, when I was famished, I walked down to an eatery to get a piece of snack and a bottle of coke, all summing up to N600 (tax inclusive).
I regretted my action, I should have just chose the normal routine of gala and N100 Coke and save N400 but I slacked.
It was fun tho...

2 Likes

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by blisylvester(m): 11:08pm On Oct 29, 2016
which certificate did you used when applying? how good are your grades?
ExcessKJ:
GUYS, AT LAST.......AM ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP AT UNIVERSITY OF EDINBURH But my utmost concern is that i want to study M edicine but it was quite unfortunate the message i received from them have it stated that to apply to the College Of Medicine and vetenary Medicine is disallowed. Guys please advice a brother on what to do. Anticipating for your positive response, thanks..
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Kathique(f): 2:58am On Oct 30, 2016
Manuelmarvy:

Don't Quit!!
UBC, U of T, mcGill doesn't require any test whether SAT or TOEFL or IELTS. Once you get the admission and scholarship, they will arrange for an English test for you.... Same with University of Edinburgh, once you're eligible after completing the pre-assessment form and then completing the application... Fortunately you now get the scholarship in March i.e the final descion month for the award of mcf scholarship, they will provide fund for the required tests and everyother stuffs... You won't pay anything!
Moreover, you can't do medicine in canadian patner universities or university of Edinburgh except medical related courses... Buh if you really wanna apply for medicine (i.e Pre-medicals; coz US and Canadian Universities don't apply or study Medicine directly without you having done your pre-medicals) wait till next year and write SAT or ACT... Get a pretty good score and a very good high school GPA in your transcript, 3.8- 4.0... You will have to obtain your transcript and GPA from your present or past secondary school, (if you have already written WAEC; admission into Pre-medicals is a bit tough) and then, apply for Pre-medicals in Michigan State University before November 1, for maximum consideration, MSU is patner University of MCFS... However, MSU admission is not based on your grade unlike other patner universities, buh I will still advice you to have a very nice grade in your WAEC since you're applying for a scholarship.
So don't worry about any test and please don't quit, it's too early to do that!!
Take Care!
serious? University of Edinburgh too? Wow can still apply for the pre assessment test is there still time?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by dossylvanus(m): 7:50am On Oct 30, 2016
Kathique:
serious? University of Edinburgh too? Wow can still apply for the pre assessment test is there still time?

They said they needed only first class for their PG application, but I have a 2.1. I did the test and I am eligible, so It does not hurt to try.
You should be fast about it though.

http://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/mcf-pre-application-assessment/

Thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by ExcessKJ(m): 1:20pm On Oct 30, 2016
Manuelmarvy:

Don't Quit!!
Take Care!

Fortunately all what i to study is simply medicine as am currently a medical student in Nigeria and as you mentioned no canadian partners offered medicine . Am just too confused about MSU application procedure espectially the ACT and SAT Scores. Sir, wont it be so absurd and unheard of for me to travel oversess in a bid to secure a quality education and start studying a new and strange professional course in contradiction to what i love doing here in Nigeria. I wonder why all these so called master card foundation partners universirties are not offering medicine. Thanks for the encouragement and God bless. Happy Sunday
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by OddJimms(m): 3:38pm On Oct 30, 2016
Saying bye to the thread. slimhan, and the rest, you know where to reach me. Bless up people!!
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by SlimHan(f): 4:41pm On Oct 30, 2016
hmmmmm... see you at high place in life.
OddJimms:
Saying bye to the thread.
slimhan, and the rest, you know where to reach me. Bless up people!!

1 Like

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by s3nn2x(m): 6:38pm On Oct 31, 2016
@Manuelmarvy

I completed the Pre-Assessment form for MCF in University of Edinburgh and I was sent the application form. My question, am I to fill the form online or print and fill? Besides, there is no provision for attaching documents?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by ExcessKJ(m): 8:03pm On Oct 31, 2016
s3nn2x:
@Manuelmarvy

I completed the Pre -Assessment form for MCF in University of Edinburgh and I was sent the application form. My question, am I to fill the form online or print and fill? Besides, there is no provision for attaching documents?

Fill it either using a phone or a computer then convert it to pdf ( i.e from dox to pdf) ask your friends who have the software which can perform the operation. After this, send it back to them. You dont need to print any document

1 Like

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by s3nn2x(m): 8:49pm On Oct 31, 2016
ExcessKJ:

Fill it either using a phone or a computer then convert it to pdf ( i.e from dox to pdf) ask your friends who have the software which can perform the operation. After this, send it back to them. You dont need to print any document
Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Cooldream(m): 9:15pm On Oct 31, 2016
s3nn2x:
Thanks a lot.

you can print, fill in then scan as single file and send to them via email..that was what i did

1 Like

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Nobody: 10:10pm On Oct 31, 2016
OddJimms:
Saying bye to the thread.
slimhan, and the rest, you know where to reach me. Bless up people!!
Wish the very Best Bro... You really have been very helpful to this thread, see You at the Top!.. thumbs up!
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Nobody: 10:25pm On Oct 31, 2016
Kathique:

Yea Kathique... You have from now till 11th Nov to apply, for maximum consideration!... Buh pls you need A in either physics or Mathematics in order to be eligible... Its main bases they're using to evaluate someone's eligiblity; mostly the Engineering courses, don't know about others... I got the information directly from them!

1 Like

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Nobody: 10:45pm On Oct 31, 2016
ExcessKJ:

Fortunately all what i to study is simply medicine as am currently a medical student in Nigeria and as you mentioned no canadian partners offered medicine . Am just too confused about MSU application procedure espectially the ACT and SAT Scores. Sir, wont it be so absurd and unheard of for me to travel oversess in a bid to secure a quality education and start studying a new and strange professional course in contradiction to what i love doing here in Nigeria. I wonder why all these so called master card foundation partners universirties are not offering medicine. Thanks for the encouragement and God bless. Happy Sunday

Don't know Bro.... The discision is Yours to make! Maybe consult your parents about it buh if u really love what You're studying,,, then no need going for the new and strange profession!.... Moreover, their is nothing confusing about MSU application and the necessary test stuff whether it's ACT or SAT. You only need to check them online, International Undergraduate Admission Requirements... You will see everything you need and understand their admission process better!...
You welcome Bro... Bless You too, Amen!
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Nobody: 11:44pm On Oct 31, 2016
Manuelmarvy:

Yea Kathique... You have from now till 11th Nov to apply, for maximum consideration!... Buh pls you need A in either physics or Mathematics in order to be eligible... Its main bases they're using to evaluate someone's eligiblity; mostly the Engineering courses, don't know about others... I got the information directly from them!

Please they said ATLEAST an A in either of the two subjects!
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by AccidentalGenius: 1:56am On Nov 01, 2016
Hi, for applications to ubc, UofT and mcgill, are we to submit waec together with our transcripts? Or the request for the waec much later
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by GabbyKelly: 9:47am On Nov 01, 2016
OddJimms:

Im honoured, thank you. concerning your essays, you have to be truthful with it, tell them about yourself in just few words(dont write about hobbies and how you love watching premier league, "if you do"....) tell them how ur career wouldtransform ur community nd all..... im a man of few words..

Bro please did you get a reply in your mail immediately after u finished the pre-assessment test?? if no, when did you get a reply??
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by GabbyKelly: 9:48am On Nov 01, 2016
OddJimms:

Im honoured, thank you. concerning your essays, you have to be truthful with it, tell them about yourself in just few words(dont write about hobbies and how you love watching premier league, "if you do"....) tell them how ur career wouldtransform ur community nd all..... im a man of few words..

Bro please did you get an email immediately after u finished the pre-assessment test?? if no, when did you get a reply??
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by GabbyKelly: 9:56am On Nov 01, 2016
Please people applying to Edinburgh, when did you get a reply after the pre-assessment application?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Nobody: 11:07am On Nov 01, 2016
GabbyKelly:
Please people applying to Edinburgh, when did you get a reply after the pre-assessment application?
You will get a reply in 2 weeks time starting from the date you submitted your pre-assessment form
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by dossylvanus(m): 7:22pm On Nov 01, 2016
Manuelmarvy:

What do you mean by maximum consideration?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by ExcessKJ(m): 3:39pm On Nov 02, 2016
Guys,any news news from Duke and ASU
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Debaw(m): 9:14am On Nov 03, 2016
No there isnt but sounds like a good idea.I have completed my applications for two schools
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Debaw(m): 9:16am On Nov 03, 2016
[quote autho
ExcessKJ:
Guys,any news news from Duke and ASU
] No Arizona state contract with MasterCard is finished but u can still go for duke tho its very stressful
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Debaw(m): 9:26am On Nov 03, 2016
s3nn2x:
@Manuelmarvy

I completed the Pre-Assessment form for MCF in University of Edinburgh and I was sent the application form. My question, am I to fill the form online or print and fill? Besides, there is no provision for attaching documents?
you don't need to print it just convert your Waec result into a PDF file and attach it when sending the application form to their email with your name as the title of your application form and your waec result in pdf
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Debaw(m): 9:31am On Nov 03, 2016
AccidentalGenius:
Hi, for applications to ubc, UofT and mcgill, are we to submit waec together with our transcripts? Or the request for the waec much later
. Yes !! Very important

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (262) (Reply)

2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. / Jamb Result Checker 2012/2013 – UTME Result Checker / Niger Delta University 2018/19 NDU POST UTME "Past Questions"

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.