Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,048 members, 7,810,873 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

Mile1 Market In Port Harcourt On Fire - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Mile1 Market In Port Harcourt On Fire (9540 Views)

The Burning Of The Demolished Oshodi Market In Lagos State Nigeria - Photos / [photo] Westminister Market In Apapa On Fire / Fire At Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mile1 Market In Port Harcourt On Fire by mrtnt: 6:47am On Dec 17, 2013
Re: Mile1 Market In Port Harcourt On Fire by isaacosas01(m): 7:00am On Dec 17, 2013
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! FTC.... I'm the 1st to comment for the 1st tyme since I joined Nairaland, I am Sooooo happy...... I Neva thought it'll ever happen,
I want to thank God for this privilege... for all dose praying to be FTC may God answer your Prayerz before the End of this year IJN...

This z ma Best moment on Nairaland.
Re: Mile1 Market In Port Harcourt On Fire by KenJak(m): 7:06am On Dec 17, 2013
isaacosas01: Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! FTC.... I'm the 1st to comment for the 1st tyme since I joined Nairaland, I am Sooooo happy...... I Neva thought it'll ever happen,
I want to thank God for this privilege... for all dose praying to be FTC may God answer your Prayerz before the End of this year IJN...

This z ma Best moment on Nairaland.
But,what is it exactly that is so special about being the first to comment? I call this nonsense when you start shouting saying you're the first to comment.

3 Likes

Re: Mile1 Market In Port Harcourt On Fire by ceo4eva: 10:53am On Dec 17, 2013
Maybe...Since I don't know, it's better not say anything!
Re: Mile1 Market In Port Harcourt On Fire by strangest(m): 10:53am On Dec 17, 2013
Pictures or it did not happen
Re: Mile1 Market In Port Harcourt On Fire by pandriod: 10:53am On Dec 17, 2013
yes, everything raised down. what a pity, I couldn't stop to take pictures.
Re: Mile1 Market In Port Harcourt On Fire by ChigbunduE(m): 10:53am On Dec 17, 2013
Imagine bad luck! Xmas is around the corner and I believe most businesses in that market have stocked their shops with lots of items. Chai, its a big pity. I hope no life was lost?
Re: Mile1 Market In Port Harcourt On Fire by mrphysics(m): 10:54am On Dec 17, 2013
its time to ask google
Re: Mile1 Market In Port Harcourt On Fire by strangest(m): 10:54am On Dec 17, 2013
isaacosas01: .
na wa o
Re: Mile1 Market In Port Harcourt On Fire by Nobody: 10:54am On Dec 17, 2013
Its true..my friend mum shop was affected...
Re: Mile1 Market In Port Harcourt On Fire by Nobody: 10:55am On Dec 17, 2013
Eyah Xmas is just by the corner cry.
Re: Mile1 Market In Port Harcourt On Fire by Okijajuju1(m): 10:56am On Dec 17, 2013
[b]I guess this brings me to the next chapter of my Year Long Series Clueless Government, Clueless followers

Fire Service:: It is still rather amazing that all the governments that come into power seem not to appreciate the importance of certain social services like the Fire Service, the Ambulance service, the Police, e.t.c.

A few years ago, this same Mile One market was gutted by what would be the biggest fire ever in my history of Rivers State. The fire was so firece that it actually burnt down one of the Fire Service trucks that came to put out the blaze.

For those who dont know Port-Harcourt very well, The only Fire Service Station in the whole of Port Harcourt that I know of is located very close to this mile one market. Yet I can bet my money that the only competent fire fighters on the scene are not the governments fire fighters, but those of Companies like Shell, Total, Agip and co..

After the first fire, the government decided to build a proper market in place of the open stalls and sheds that were there initially. Problem is, the government only built on a small section of the Land, the rest of it slowly but surely went back to being the crazy market that it used to be.. Though in fairness to the government, the new market building had fire fighting equipments built into the property, the lack of development on the remaining portion of the land has now become the source of the new fire.

Now as usual, what would happen would be another clean up, speeches made, promises made, talks of compensation would be discussed but never actualized, people would pick up the pieces, and in 1 months time, this would all have been forgotten..

What about the other Areas of Rivers State that have no access to good Fire Service? Shouldnt there be atleast 1 fire service station in every local government area?!

This is why I keep saying that Nigeria is like a playground of kids.. We play and get injured, we get treated and instead of fixing that which caused us hurt, we just walk around it like it isnt there, until the next person gets injured..

My heart goes out to the Traders. My Grandmother lost 3 of her shops in the last fire and got scammed out of her claims by the government.[/b]

6 Likes

Re: Mile1 Market In Port Harcourt On Fire by alotofgrace(m): 10:56am On Dec 17, 2013
on fire as in the latest market in town with the plentiest customers or the markayt cash faya?
Re: Mile1 Market In Port Harcourt On Fire by pandriod: 10:56am On Dec 17, 2013
The fire started around 2 p.m.
Re: Mile1 Market In Port Harcourt On Fire by Nobody: 10:56am On Dec 17, 2013
I dont know o
Re: Mile1 Market In Port Harcourt On Fire by EzePromoe: 11:01am On Dec 17, 2013
The report is true.
Everywhere was in pandemonium this morning. Coming with pics
Re: Mile1 Market In Port Harcourt On Fire by EzePromoe: 11:03am On Dec 17, 2013
This same Mile 1 market was affected by fire outbreak in 2007.
Re: Mile1 Market In Port Harcourt On Fire by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:03am On Dec 17, 2013
What is it with this market, getting burnt at the end of the year.
Re: Mile1 Market In Port Harcourt On Fire by boysy(m): 11:03am On Dec 17, 2013
The fire incident is true. it has raise down poeple sweats & efforts built over d years. is quite un4tunate.
Re: Mile1 Market In Port Harcourt On Fire by teemy(m): 11:03am On Dec 17, 2013
if the story pans out that would be one too many fires in the last one year to be called coincidences
Re: Mile1 Market In Port Harcourt On Fire by EzePromoe: 11:06am On Dec 17, 2013
Re: Mile1 Market In Port Harcourt On Fire by kstyle2(m): 11:10am On Dec 17, 2013
how would I know....do we even have fire fighters in dis country...I heard d response of d fire service was nothing 2 write home abt...dey brought water in basins 2 put out d fire, alongside their outdated trucks....fire service pple just dey jonz lyk say dem b moutuary attendant...I hope the affected traders are fully insured o...if not.......

1 Like

Re: Mile1 Market In Port Harcourt On Fire by Nobody: 11:15am On Dec 17, 2013
Khalessi please follow back m following u
Re: Mile1 Market In Port Harcourt On Fire by Nobody: 11:15am On Dec 17, 2013
Are you telling us or you are asking us?
Re: Mile1 Market In Port Harcourt On Fire by donphilopus: 11:17am On Dec 17, 2013
strangest: Pictures or it did not happen
Your picture, or you are not a human being!
Re: Mile1 Market In Port Harcourt On Fire by Redhot111(m): 11:19am On Dec 17, 2013
I passed there this mrnin. Dat fire actuallt wrecked havoc. Even d sand in dat market ws burnt to ashes. Bt I hear say some of my brother frm d east wan renew dia okwu ego. Na true? I only pity d innocent victims among dem

1 Like

Re: Mile1 Market In Port Harcourt On Fire by Nobody: 11:21am On Dec 17, 2013
Redhot111: I passed there this mrnin. Dat fire actuallt wrecked havoc. Even d sand in dat market ws burnt to ashes. Bt I hear say some of my brother frm d east wan renew dia okwu ego. Na true? I only pity d innocent victims among dem
Whats okwu ego?
Re: Mile1 Market In Port Harcourt On Fire by ibietela2(m): 11:27am On Dec 17, 2013
Na wa o
Re: Mile1 Market In Port Harcourt On Fire by Nobody: 11:29am On Dec 17, 2013
Hmm na wa o, devil on rampage. Jst yesterday my neighbours house burned down and now this?? Hope no lives were lost

(1) (2) (Reply)

Affiliate Marketing: Take Advantage Of The Multi-Billion Dollar Industry Today! / What Kind Of Business Can I Start With A Hundred Thousand Naira? / MTN 1GB/245, Airtel 1GB/262, Glo 7GB/1400, Other Data Plans Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.