Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,064 members, 7,810,967 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:42 PM

Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone (30898 Views)

18years Old American Student Built DRONE GUN / Cameroon Launches First Air Strikes On Boko Haram / Nigerian Built Warship One Year Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by Feraz(m): 1:34pm On Dec 18, 2013
ocelot2006:

Mr Man, shut your trap. If there's anyone CLUELESS, it definitely you.

1) Nigeria has been producing FN-FAL/NR-1 assault rifles, Beretta 9mm pistols, GPMGs, and mortar tubes+munitions EVER SINCE the 1980s (DICON, kaduna). The AK-47/OBJ-006 assault rifle line was only introduced in 2006.

2)Nigeria produces APCs. Read up on tge Nigeria Army Corps of Engineers (Igiri APC), and Proforce's armoured vehicles.

3) Every current bulletproof/tactical vest worn by the Nigerian military (especially during the Mali conflict) was designed and produced locally by Maron-Dolphin+DICON. Also included is the Camel water system worn by soldiers.

4)Spares for the ageing Alpha Jets are now fabricated and produced locally.

5) The new NNS ANDONI gunboat was designed and built 100% in Nigeria by the Naval dockyard.
A 2nd is currently under construction.

Hehehe. Thanks for the bolded. I used to doubt that the military is capable of making things till I worked with 'em. I saw the NNS Andoni, worked on it and I've seen the second one currently under construction.
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by seangy4konji: 1:38pm On Dec 18, 2013
How many kg of bomb can this carryCan this drone lift off at all??if it can can it lift of with a bottle of COKO orobo?If it does make dem hang me..Nigeria is a joke.they wear agbada to commision a kite...make them do test flight make we see.
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by digi101(m): 1:46pm On Dec 18, 2013
And this is the reason Nigeria is stuck in the rut.

All the praise singers that think every other person is a mumu please kindly answer the following:

The story alleges the drone was built in Nigeria - Now that would be worth celebrating even if the prototype was made out of tin cans! But this is obviously a assembled model. Lets cut the crap! Even my toddler will put one together given the proper kit. I am pissed at all the idiots that think mediocrity is worth celebrating. For Gods sake get a life and be a man! Speak up! if things are not the way they should be lets make our voice heard and demand for change and not just bend over as usual. If we paid millions of naira for this stupid weekend project how on earth will anyone eventually see the need for proper R & D? undecided

This country is really sick, not only from the audacity and brashness of our Lord & Master styled politicians but also from followers who are so passive that they make the pope look like an antagonist!

This thread makes me sick because it makes me feel there are more bum cleaners out there than i could possibly have imagined.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by Okwyjesus(m): 1:54pm On Dec 18, 2013
Our greatest enemy as a nation is not believing in ourselves.

Thats why our market is flooded with foreign products including the ones we can equally produce.

Am using one Aba scandals l bought 1.5k and its serving me excellently and its really good.

Wake up Nigerian.........

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by funshint(m): 1:55pm On Dec 18, 2013
cheesy
leofab:
From your delusional state of mind; I guess your saint acclaimed APC can woo for Prophet T. B Joshua after they are done with Atiku Abubakar cos you all need a magician to rule nigeria and not a president.. What is a government by Magicians called?
Ans:- Jonacrazy
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by elbinmanny(m): 2:04pm On Dec 18, 2013
Desola:

Don't be fooled. That drone is to be used by Ihederica when SS/SE go to war against Nigeria.
point of correction......
When they go to war with Naijanistan ( Northern Nigeria) cheesy cheesy
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by Nobody: 2:04pm On Dec 18, 2013
its time to take back bakassi, lets bomb Cameroon, followed by Ghana
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by funshint(m): 2:08pm On Dec 18, 2013
digi101: And this is the reason Nigeria is stuck in the rut.

All the praise singers that think every other person is a mumu please kindly answer the following:

The story alleges the drone was built in Nigeria - Now that would be worth celebrating even if the prototype was made out of tin cans! But this is obviously a assembled model. Lets cut the crap! Even my toddler will put one together given the proper kit. I am pissed at all the idiots that think mediocrity is worth celebrating. For Gods sake get a life and be a man! Speak up! if things are not the way they should be lets make our voice heard and demand for change and not just bend over as usual. If we paid millions of naira for this stupid weekend project how on earth will anyone eventually see the need for proper R&grin?

This country is really sick, not only from the audacity and brashness of our Lord & Master styled politicians but also from followers who are so passive that they make the pope look like an antagonist!

This thread makes me sick because it makes me feel there are more bum cleaners out there than i could possibly have imagined.
Correct!
Infact Jonaboy must be feeling very stuupid now; thinking that he was going to see a flying drone. He'll be like; "I for dey boast now say I don achieve but this people just fall my hand"
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by TechWalker007: 2:39pm On Dec 18, 2013
Haters are not helping themselves. When you keep showing your hatred for EVERY progress made you loose sympathy and support. When you build a party based on blackmail, it can only last a short time and the fall will be great when it comes.
@topic, we need more work on intelligence gathering. Boko Haram needs to be infiltrated.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by oluxy(m): 2:52pm On Dec 18, 2013
Desola:

Don't be fooled. That drone is to be used by Ihederica when SS/SE go to war against Nigeria.

Wetin dis one de talk na? Na wa ooo.
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by 617aircav: 2:54pm On Dec 18, 2013
A drone is not hard to build. Its pretty much an advanced version of a RC aircraft. This Nigerian drone is not automated, does not carry weaponry, and is just for surveillance purposes. Dont confuse it with the ones the US Army use in wars.
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by Nobody: 2:54pm On Dec 18, 2013
explorerataga: Clearly from comment I read here... Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria not the leaders. Good job Nigeria Air Force

It's called Nigga-Attitude. Bring everyone down with you. grin grin

Nigerians have that attitude in abundance.
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by yoged(m): 3:02pm On Dec 18, 2013
Drone or no drone. Pls i take Baba God beg them, make then no fly this tin over my head. The chances of it getting to his destination is 0..
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by BlackEmperorX: 3:32pm On Dec 18, 2013
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by TayoT: 3:38pm On Dec 18, 2013
pDude: No pix, no test flight, nothing.

In this day and age of camera phones cheesy

Keep deceiving yourselves cry

Even though it was shown on tv ds morning, the plane was only shown taxing and never took off.
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by novaman: 3:58pm On Dec 18, 2013
We should know by now that there are more fools on nairaland than sane people, those even if you tell them that the country is blessed with oil and gas they will still show their stupidity in public; all they do is simply to follow the trend of nonsense that their brains connect with and nothing you say will ever change their view even if they find out the truth

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by Nobody: 4:11pm On Dec 18, 2013
free2ryhme:

It is a pRototype and besides design info of this natuRe are highly classified

The topic said "Launches" not prototype. Read it properly. undecided
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by Nobody: 4:14pm On Dec 18, 2013
TayoT:

Even though it was shown on tv ds morning, the plane was only shown taxing and never took off.

How can it take off naw cheesy

Take off to where? grin grin cheesy
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by Nobody: 4:14pm On Dec 18, 2013
rigormortis: its time to take back bakassi, lets bomb Cameroon, followed by Ghana
I'll kill you before you put us all in trouble
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by Nobody: 4:18pm On Dec 18, 2013
Promhize:

Ode girl, apart from this have you ever seen a drone in ur life? Do you know what it does? Mumu^2

No I haven't and your government just denied me the opportunity to see one by they posting a cardboard angry
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by GentleFrank(m): 4:31pm On Dec 18, 2013
Good !
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by unmask: 4:37pm On Dec 18, 2013

Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by kraftykc(m): 4:57pm On Dec 18, 2013
This, a drone? Biatch please!

THAT, down there, is a mofoking drone!

Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by kraftykc(m): 4:59pm On Dec 18, 2013
Also why does it take the President of the bloody country to launch a gatdamned drone? Are we that pathetic and without hope or shame?
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by afrikanns: 5:33pm On Dec 18, 2013
From my own point of view and faculty of thinking, firstly, the aim of manufacturing of drone is to reduce the military casualty from the hands of BK. though the drone will be used on BK till jona will loose power in 2015.and the use of drone will later be turned to Niger Delta militant when they will want to once carry guns to protest the lose of mr.jona'election in 2015,and threating to start attacking oye pipeline.It will now be what goes around comes around.
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by internetpo(m): 5:48pm On Dec 18, 2013
why all these tribal bashing, negativity and hatred.

Nigerians are simply the problem of Nigeria. we should not be blind to not see good in our own efforts. This is a local product n its good. Even though we yet to see it fly. Let's give it the benefit of a doubt.

Like leofab n chidex ( 2 ppl that have spoken objectively n with intelligence) let us be positive n think up helpful, positive n think of what we can do for Nigeria. A NATION GETS THE TYPE OF LEADERSHIP IT DESERVES.

GOD bless Nigeria., Say it
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by afrikanns: 6:03pm On Dec 18, 2013
internetpo: why all these tribal bashing, negativity and hatred.

Nigerians are simply the problem of Nigeria. we should not be blind to not see good in our own efforts. This is a local product n its good. Even though we yet to see it fly. Let's give it the benefit of a doubt.

Like leofab n chidex ( 2 ppl that have spoken objectively n with intelligence) let us be positive n think up helpful, positive n think of what we can do for Nigeria. A NATION GETS THE TYPE OF LEADERSHIP IT DESERVES.

GOD bless Nigeria., Say it
bro, u right but the antecedent of Nigeria government make know body wants to believe in whatever they say they are doing or will be done. Honestly we can t blame any of the poster,this is government thing where billion of naira would have invested on it and eventually nothing sensible will come out of it.
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by chid3x: 6:03pm On Dec 18, 2013
unmask: A nairalander already created that.......

https://www.nairaland.com/1414595/nairalanders-remote-controlled-aircraft-suavs

Those are toy/hobby stuffs cheesy Besides he didnt create it.
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by klens(m): 6:14pm On Dec 18, 2013
check it up here, hottest selling Tab to rock this season, get our Ainol Ax1 Poseidon quad core, 16GB ROM, 3GB, HDMI, with keyboard, leather case, OTG, pen, pouch, etc for only N33000, and w450 Android smart phone, 1GB RAM, 8MP, Quad core MTK 6582 ,supports OTG, 4.5 inch HD, 16000000 colours, 240dpi, benchmark score 17000 plus price so cheap via https://www.nairaland.com/1507902/hot-selling-ainol-ax1-poseidon#19363147, 0818131920 .
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by udohhoney: 6:23pm On Dec 18, 2013
me i no argue weda its real or not, operatable or not but make he sha no come crash for my roof. Shikena
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by Sidajili: 6:43pm On Dec 18, 2013
We sure do have a lot of doubting 'thomas's' in Nairaland. As much as this saddens me reading all the negative comments, I am not surprised as i got same reaction from Nairalanders when I started the thread - https://www.nairaland.com/1414595/nairalanders-remote-controlled-aircraft-suavs

OK, i just got back from another test flight of the Gulma. I can tell you that today's flight and the maiden will be released in a couple of days on youtube once I get the authorization do so. My channel is @sidajili for anyone interested in following the development of this area of unmanned aviation. I will notify via this thread when i post the video.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

INEC Releases Kogi Assembly Results, APC Kicks / Joshua Talena Prays For Dino Malaye At Shepherd House Church (Photos) / We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.