Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,237 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:21 AM

Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone (30900 Views)

18years Old American Student Built DRONE GUN / Cameroon Launches First Air Strikes On Boko Haram / Nigerian Built Warship One Year Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by Desola(f): 10:04pm On Dec 17, 2013
Dannylux:

Kai! Tribalism na bastard! See how bigotry has beclouded your common reasoning! All you see there is Muslim attire and you still had the inanity to bring tribalism into this topic. Keep fearing the Igbos.

Silly Igbo hater!

whats there to fear about a race that relies on a stup1d president to take them out of 'captivity'?
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by Nobody: 10:10pm On Dec 17, 2013
agbameta:

Nothing, na worthless stationary toy decoration designed to fool the people of Nigeria..

grin grin grin grin grin Una get mouth die sha
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by gratiaeo(m): 10:10pm On Dec 17, 2013
agbameta:

Nothing, na worthless stationary toy decoration designed to fool the people of Nigeria..
Enemy of progress. Should it be Fashola that dreamt of building a similar thing

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by Nobody: 10:16pm On Dec 17, 2013
gratiaeo:
Enemy of progress. Should it be Fashola that dreamt of building a similar thing

If they have built a drone, why they are showing us a cardboard na? undecided

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by HezronLorraine(m): 10:17pm On Dec 17, 2013
lertee: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian – Built Drone
This isn't the first,there's the one built by young engineers in the airforce.

Young NAF officers design, build drone
on january 23, 2013 at 6:02 am in news
By Luka Binniyat

KADUNA — Young officers from Nigerian Air Force
School of Engineers, Aircraft Design Centre, Kaduna,
yesterday, dazzled the Minister of Science and
Technology, Prof. Ita Okon Bassey-Ewa when they
displayed to him an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle, UAV,
referred to as drone, which could fly non-stop for
about four hours at 3000 feet.

The drone was conceptualised, designed and built by
them in Kaduna under the direct supervision of the
Provost of the Nigerian Air Force, NAF, Institute of
Technology, Prof. Emmanuel Ezugwu.

According to officials of the institute, the drone’s
empenage was about three metres while the wing
span was about half a metre.
The four officers, all Flight Lieutenants, said it was a
three-year effort in collaboration with Cranfield
University of United Kingdom with funds from the
Federal Government.
The officers who asked that all the credit for break
through be given to the Commandant of the school
and Chief of Air Staff pleaded that their names be not
mentioned in the press.

The school had earlier displayed a conceptualised
model of an ab-initio training fighter aircraft known
as Farawa (meaning “the beginning” in Hausa) for
the Air Force just as it was trying to design a
Nigerian-made Air Beattle, AB-18, for the Air Force.
The four officers had bagged Masters degrees in
various fields related to avionics from Cranfield
University, after their first degrees from the Nigerian
Defence Academy, Kaduna.

They told Vanguard: “We designed and built this UAV
based on the pressing needs of our country today.
The vehicle can be used in pipeline monitoring,
border patrol, mapping and disaster monitoring.
Other areas of use include maritime patrol, aerial
surveillance and pest monitoring.
“The vehicle can fly at 3000 feet, and remain
airborne for four hours using petrol for now. The first
one we built is called Amebo 1. The second one is
Amebo 2 and is an improvement over the first.
“If we keep getting the right support as we are
getting now, we will accomplish our mission for the
country.”

In fact in the next five years, we may start building
our own light aircraft for training new pilots”, the
officers said.

The Minister who was obviously amazed at the
development was in Kaduna attending the National
Stakeholders’ Workshop/Exhibition on National
System of Innovation, NSI, during which several
inventions by Nigerians were exhibited.
Earlier in his opening remarks at ceremony the
Minister had said, “as demonstration of the drive
towards promoting innovations the Ministry is calling
for entries for the maiden, ‘’Best
Innovation/Invention Award.’’

The award which was open to individuals, institutions
and corporate bodies has a grand prize of N1 million.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by HezronLorraine(m): 10:19pm On Dec 17, 2013
[img]http://malaysiaflyingherald.files./2013/01/amebo-2.jpg[/img]

There's a difference between built(made) and assembled.
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by Dannylux: 10:24pm On Dec 17, 2013
Desola:

whats there to fear about a race that relies on a stup1d president to take them out of 'captivity'?

Igbo is now a race? Okay!
But the captivity thingy you're bringing up is very unnecessary. I only wanted to show you how lost you are in being sentimental and bigoted.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by Fhemmmy: 10:25pm On Dec 17, 2013
naijababe:

You wicked oh
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by LMAyedun(m): 10:34pm On Dec 17, 2013
naijababe:

LOL!!! cheesy
Modify those things you wrote, Madam.
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by Nobody: 10:39pm On Dec 17, 2013
L.M Ayedun..:

LOL!!! cheesy
Modify those things you wrote, Madam.

My bad!!! If they have built a drone, why ARE they showing us a cardboard? undecided

Berra, abi?! wink

Fhemmmy:

You wicked oh

Bros, u no gree abi? I was just wondering why dem nor show us the real thing ni o

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by Desola(f): 10:44pm On Dec 17, 2013
Dannylux:

Igbo is now a race? Okay!
But the captivity thingy you're bringing up is very unnecessary. I only wanted to show you how lost you are in being sentimental and bigoted.

stories that touch.

I thought you were a race? Perhaps I should have referred to you as a mere tribe.
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by Nobody: 10:51pm On Dec 17, 2013
Desola:

ThankGod u said captivity coz really u knw dat a race in Nigeria is being help captive 2moro when they say they want there freedom its u ppl dat wud wail d most.
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by Dannylux: 10:59pm On Dec 17, 2013
Desola:

stories that touch.

I thought you were a race? Perhaps I should have referred to you as a mere tribe.

No, refer to us as a continent! Since you clearly don't know the difference.

"Stories that touch" - This was because I didn't begin to argue, cuss and tribalize this thread, isn't it? Funny!

I wont feed your craving for tribal beef.. At least, not tonight!
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by Desola(f): 11:04pm On Dec 17, 2013
Dannylux:

No, refer to us as a continent! Since you clearly don't know the difference.

"Stories that touch" - This was because I didn't begin to argue, cuss and tribalize this thread, isn't it? Funny!

I wont feed your craving for tribal beef.. At least, not tonight!

Lol...wait, were you expecting me to argue with you? grin grin grin

Why suffer fools gladly?
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by Desola(f): 11:06pm On Dec 17, 2013
lygn19:
ThankGod u said captivity coz really u knw dat a race in Nigeria is being help captive 2moro when they say they want there freedom its u ppl dat wud wail d most.

say wetin happen? Una too dey 'portancy' unaself abeg. Are you not from the same 'tribe' that is loathed all over the world? Pshew!
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by Dannylux: 11:30pm On Dec 17, 2013
Desola:

Lol...wait, were you expecting me to argue with you? grin grin grin

Why suffer fools gladly?

Birds of a feather die together. Don't worry until 2015. I hope you "Go and Die" with your Buhari when GEJ gets re-elected as the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. grin grin
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by citizenY(m): 11:35pm On Dec 17, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: [img]http://malaysiaflyingherald.files./2013/01/amebo-2.jpg[/img]

There's a difference between built(made) and assembled.

Nairaland, u forgive me but una blind, abi?

Nigeria has a big factory for drones 0!!!

Drone for flying ballot box, contract splitting , oil theft, mago mago, witches and wizard wey dey do midnight meeting etc.

So you did not see all those drones in agbada.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by Desola(f): 11:35pm On Dec 17, 2013
Dannylux:

Birds of a feather die together. Don't worry until 2015. I hope you "Go and Die" with your Buhari when GEJ gets re-elected as the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. grin grin

Ok, keep at it. By the time I open a whoop a55 on you, it will seem as though you are coming down with a stroke.

My patience wears very thin when i'm dealing with dumb a55 f.uckwitts from the east of the Niger so be warned.
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by Dannylux: 11:44pm On Dec 17, 2013
Desola:

Ok, keep at it. By the time I open a whoop a55 on you, it will seem as though you are coming down with a stroke.

My patience wears very thin when i'm dealing with dumb a55 f.uckwitts from the east of the Niger so be warned.

Ease out your frustration.. Over thinking kills!
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by hakanai(m): 12:07am On Dec 18, 2013
E better pass nothing sha!!!!
That said the drone looks small for the required purpose and it seems to probably use wireless signals that are easy to intercept. Its better we even buy the cheaper chinco brand of the predator at 1mil dollars and strike better technology transfer with the Chinese to fast track our own drone development.
Already china is making giant strive to acquire advance technology on drone apart from the west.The west may prefer not to give Nigeria any advance system.
I support indigenous technology. I also feel Nigeria should go for gold o! lets meet chinco for now. Also forget Israel on drone. They have good drone technology but will hardly provide us anything better than mere short RF drones. Similar to the one shown here. Something platoons or small units use for small distance surveillance during operations.
We need drones offering several hours ,minimum 24 hrs of flight per mission.Easily use to comb the creeks, remote deserts,mountains,forest and borders for illegal camps and border crossings.
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by isi4(m): 12:53am On Dec 18, 2013
Drone!!! Is that the name for the new Tecno product with BBM undecided undecided
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by yunglykmine(m): 6:36am On Dec 18, 2013
isi4: Drone!!! Is that the name for the new Tecno product with BBM undecided undecided
LOL!!! Dry joker!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by LMAyedun(m): 8:34am On Dec 18, 2013
isi4: Drone!!! Is that the name for the new Tecno product with BBM undecided undecided
LOL!!! grin
Olodo pikin!
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by yunglykmine(m): 9:57am On Dec 18, 2013
Mods, FP abeg....
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by Nobody: 10:07am On Dec 18, 2013
please test the drone on the obj ota farm..
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by Nobody: 10:09am On Dec 18, 2013
pDude: No pix, no test flight, nothing.

In this day and age of camera phones cheesy

Keep deceiving yourselves cry
Abi o, what a joke angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by wrench: 10:12am On Dec 18, 2013

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by Nobody: 10:13am On Dec 18, 2013
THE WAY I C IT THIS DRONE WILL BE USED TO CARRY OUT SURVEILLANCE
SEEING THE ENEMY IS ONE THING
BEING ABLE TO DO SOMETHING ABOUTTHE SEEN ENEMYIS ANOTHER
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by ArQueBusieR(m): 10:13am On Dec 18, 2013
pDude: No pix, no test flight, nothing.

In this day and age of camera phones cheesy

Keep deceiving yourselves cry
I've seen this UAV in action.
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by ArQueBusieR(m): 10:15am On Dec 18, 2013
Pessimists' everywhere. undecided
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by CorkyJoe: 10:15am On Dec 18, 2013
...huh? ..drone or kite? ...I give up! undecided
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by Nobody: 10:18am On Dec 18, 2013
cheesy grin this jonathan is a jooke, my goodnes, is this a drone Ha!!! Nigeria has suffered!!! Wat can dis one do?? This is merely a pritotype of a drone.

A drone is meant for information gathering and warfare at d same time. This is a toy plane fool.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Avengers: Military Deploy Fighter Jets, Surveillance Aircrafts / "We Blew Up Agip Obi Obi Brass Trunk, In Bayelsa By 3Am" - Niger Delta Avengers / Joshua Talena Prays For Dino Malaye At Shepherd House Church (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.