Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,340 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone (30901 Views)

18years Old American Student Built DRONE GUN / Cameroon Launches First Air Strikes On Boko Haram / Nigerian Built Warship One Year Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by gogodaye(m): 6:55pm On Dec 18, 2013
Kudos once again to the 'unsung' officers & men of our armed forces for this feat.
Also kudos for the leadership of the armed forces & the FG for affording them with both the resources and enabling environment in the midst of the challenges cum distractions to stay focused & not be inaundated by these odds........Long live NIgeria.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by agbameta: 7:07pm On Dec 18, 2013
gogodaye: Kudos once again to the 'unsung' officers & men of our armed forces for this feat.
Also kudos for the leadership of the armed forces & the FG for affording them with both the resources and enabling environment in the midst of the challenges cum distractions to stay focused & not be inaundated by these odds........Long live NIgeria.

Sitting a non functioning dummy decoration in the middle of a room and some goofy clowns standing next to it must be a major world class feat and wonderful achievement....

lmao. You people are something else...
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by Nobody: 7:30pm On Dec 18, 2013
ArQueBusieR:
I've seen this UAV in action.

Only you seems to have seen it fly grin

Seems you are the UAV manufacturer grin
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by ZeusAyo: 8:36pm On Dec 18, 2013
Some people here take the meanings of stvpid & ignorant to a whole new level. U say nigeria has no clue on r&d yet they have given you a drone and some fvck faces here still complain. Pakistan and india haven't solved their own infrastructural problems yet they posses nukes. And nigeria makes a drone and you are shouting about misplaced priorities you guys should shine your eyes abeg.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by ArQueBusieR(m): 8:52pm On Dec 18, 2013
pDude:

Only you seems to have seen it fly grin

Seems you are the UAV manufacturer grin
Hehehe...I wish. But seriously, I've seen it in action. Does what it purports to do pretty well.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by ocelot2006(m): 9:09pm On Dec 18, 2013
seangy4konji: How many kg of bomb can this carryCan this drone lift off at all??if it can can it lift of with a bottle of COKO orobo?If it does make dem hang me..Nigeria is a joke.they wear agbada to commision a kite...make them do test flight make we see.

*kneels down and prays* Dear Lord, help me out here, 'cos the STUPIDS and IGNORANCE runs deep here. Amen.

Mr. Ode, that is a UAV, and NOT a UCAV (Unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicle). It is NOT designed to carry any armament, but FLIR cameras and sensors used for reconnaissance and other signal intelligence (SIGINT) roles. Now go read up on UAVs. Wiki is your friend.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by ocelot2006(m): 9:37pm On Dec 18, 2013
On a very serious, some of you posters need to STOP posting thrash on this thread. Your country builds a UAV and first thing you dimwits and airheads post are insults like "I pity Nigeria", "Nigeria is a failed state", "GEJ is a failure", blah blah blah. But here's the funny part of it all: YOU FUCKTARDS ARE ALL IGNORANT AND CLUELESS FAILURES and I say that with all conviction ,'cos if you spend less time watching skeleweu and more time read up on the R&grin progress made by your nations, your respective coconut heads won't regurgitate trash for you to spew everywhere.
In case you idiots dont know, your nation already produces the following:

1) Naval gunboats (NNS Andoni-DICON)
2)Assault rifles (FN-FAL, AK-47-DICON)
3)Machine guns (GPMG-DICON)
4)pistols (Beretta 9mm, Browning Hi-power (DICON)
5)Mortar tubes (DICON)
6)RPG-7 launchers and warheads (DICON)
7)UAVs (AMEBO 1 & 2, GULAK - NAF Air force Institute of Technology)
coolBomb disposal robots (NAF Airforce Institute of Technology)
9)Bulletproof vests (Maron-Dolphin+DICON, PROFORCE)
10)Ballistic helmets (Proforce)
11)Gun boats (Nigeria Naval Dockyard)
12)Cars (Innoson)
13)APCs (Nigeria Army Corps of Engineers, Proforce)
14)Armoured vehicles (Proforce)

Oh dont forget that the Airbeetle Trainer Aircrafts used by NAF was assembled locally in Nigeria. And keep in mind that our armoured vehicles (MBTs, light battle tanks ie Scorpions and Saracens, APCs ie Steyr etc) are all refurbished at the steyr plant at Bauchi.

Oh the NIGCOM series LEO and communication satellites designed by Nigerian engineers in conjunction the University of Surrey and China comes to mind. And the current and active ballistic rocket program by the FG will serve as a test bed for future ballistic missiles, SAMs, SSMs, and even launch vehicles for satellite payloads and even warheads.

But hey, keep displaying your collective ignorance for all to see on Nairaland. Mumu.

10 Likes

Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by ocelot2006(m): 9:41pm On Dec 18, 2013
digi101: And this is the reason Nigeria is stuck in the rut.

All the praise singers that think every other person is a mumu please kindly answer the following:

The story alleges the drone was built in Nigeria - Now that would be worth celebrating even if the prototype was made out of tin cans! But this is obviously a assembled model. Lets cut the crap! Even my toddler will put one together given the proper kit. I am pissed at all the idiots that think mediocrity is worth celebrating. For Gods sake get a life and be a man! Speak up! if things are not the way they should be lets make our voice heard and demand for change and not just bend over as usual. If we paid millions of naira for this stupid weekend project how on earth will anyone eventually see the need for proper R & D? undecided

This country is really sick, not only from the audacity and brashness of our Lord & Master styled politicians but also from followers who are so passive that they make the pope look like an antagonist!

This thread makes me sick because it makes me feel there are more bum cleaners out there than i could possibly have imagined.

Wow....is that so? Tell u what, if you're so awesome at that, why dont you design and construct YOUR OWN UAV for all to see? Afterall, your toddler can do it? You really think its that easy huh?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by afrikanns: 10:12pm On Dec 18, 2013
[quote author=ocelot2006]On a very serious, some of you posters need to STOP posting thrash on this thread. Your country builds a UAV and first thing you dimwits and airheads post are insults like "I pity Nigeria", "Nigeria is a failed state", "GEJ is a failure", blah blah blah. But here's the funny part of it all: YOU FUCKTARDS ARE ALL IGNORANT AND CLUELESS FAILURES and I say that with all conviction ,'cos if you spend less time watching skeleweu and more time read up on the R&grin progress made by your nations, your respective coconut heads won't regurgitate trash for you to spew everywhere.

5)Mortar tubes (DICON)
12)Cars (Innoson)

Oh dont forget that the Airbeetle Trainer Aircrafts used by NAF was assembled locally in Nigeria. And keep in mind that our armoured vehicles (MBTs, light battle tanks ie Scorpions and Saracens, APCs ie Steyr etc) are all refurbished at the steyr plant at Bauchi.

Oh the NIGCOM series LEO and communication satellites designed by Nigerian engineers in conjunction the University of Surrey and China comes to mind. And the current and active ballistic rocket program by the FG will serve as a test bed for future ballistic missiles, SAMs, SSMs, and even launch vehicles for satellite payloads and even warheads.

But hey, keep displaying your collective ignorance for all to see on Nairaland. Mumu.

[/quot I say all nah wash, don't be lost in the midst of the people, trillions of dollars might have been invested on it, next thing you will hear is all malfunctioning I believed you sud have known that government things no d3y last nah.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by Litmus: 10:26pm On Dec 18, 2013
On a very serious, some of you posters need to STOP posting thrash on this thread. Your country builds a UAV and first thing you dimwits and airheads post are insults like "I pity Nigeria", "Nigeria is a failed state", "GEJ is a failure", blah blah blah. But here's the funny part of it all: YOU FUCKTARDS ARE ALL IGNORANT AND CLUELESS FAILURES and I say that with all conviction ,'cos if you spend less time watching skeleweu and more time read up on the R&grin progress made by your nations, your respective coconut heads won't regurgitate trash for you to spew everywhere.

5)Mortar tubes (DICON)
12)Cars (Innoson)

[/quot I say all nah wash, don't be lost in the midst of the people, trillions of dollars might have been invested on it, next thing you will hear is all malfunctioning I believed you sud have known that government things no d3y last nah.

Most are not Nigerian. I'm beginning to think that there is a group of people being paid to write trash about Nigeria all over the net. Apart from what is already known about how wars are encouraged in Africa from certain parts of the globe because of how lucrative African wars can be in terms of supplying arms and then reconstruction afterwards, i feel there maybe some African Nations capable of thinking that it is economically favorable to them to scare investment from Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by internetpo(m): 11:00pm On Dec 18, 2013
@ africaan you are right but lets give govt. benefit of a doubt.

@ sidajili. please get authorization and post the video sharperly. Marking you closely. smiley wink@ af
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by internetpo(m): 11:07pm On Dec 18, 2013
@ africaan you are right but lets give govt. benefit of a doubt.

@ sidajili. please get authorization and post the video sharperly. Marking you closely. smiley wink
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by johnwell(m): 5:04am On Dec 19, 2013
...all these functions are for one drone?
grin
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by sammychymes: 7:01am On Dec 19, 2013
D issue of development has been nd wud always b gradual n in stages.let's all celebrate wot eva looks lyk progress
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by dopedealer(m): 8:10am On Dec 19, 2013
I hope this drone does not lose control one day and start bombing political opponents accidentally......its naija baby
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by leofab(f): 9:23am On Dec 19, 2013
agbameta:

Sitting a non functioning dummy decoration in the middle of a room and some goofy clowns standing next to it must be a major world class feat and wonderful achievement....

lmao. You people are something else...

Slowpoke like you; you expect to see a jet fighter there or maybe a rocket...
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by ooshinibos: 9:25am On Dec 19, 2013
Jonathan has scored again , i have been an advocate of using drones for surveilance ,am glad Jonathan listened to me , he needs now to deploy this drones to troubled areas of Nigeria ( including Airports and public places , high streets ) , places like lagos where criminality is rife shuld have drones all over the place ..Well done Jonathan
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by ooshinibos: 9:26am On Dec 19, 2013
[quote author=afrikanns][/quote]
Jonathan has scored again , i have been an advocate of using drones for surveilance ,am glad Jonathan listened to me , he needs now to deploy this drones to troubled areas of Nigeria ( including Airports and public places , high streets ) , places like lagos where criminality is rife shuld have drones all over the place ..Well done Jonathan
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by Sidajili: 10:38am On Dec 19, 2013
@All,

Am happy to inform that I will upload the flight videos for Gulma UAV # 610 and 611 to Youtube in a couple of hours.
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by digi101(m): 11:27am On Dec 19, 2013
ocelot2006:

Wow....is that so? Tell u what, if you're so awesome at that, why dont you design and construct YOUR OWN UAV for all to see? Afterall, your toddler can do it? You really think its that easy huh?

Sir, i perceive you're the kind of person who does not know where the oil goes in a car. Its no big deal being that kind of person, its only a big deal when you make a mountain out of someone else being able to pour oil into a car engine, which unfortunately is a no brainer task for most folks.

Please enroll all ur big tummy military chiefs here for some real R & D :

http://diydrones.com/
http://www.diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/introducing-the-albatross-uav-project

And by the way na free o! so no need to write up thousands of dollars in estacode.

GOD PLEASE SAVE NIGERIA BEFORE I FINALLY LOOSE IT!!! angry cry
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by ZeusAyo: 12:08pm On Dec 19, 2013
The Arbiter: [size=24pt]Talking about drones. If this is a real drone [/size]

[size=24pt]What do we call this?
[/size]

My opinion: The officer who orchestrated this charade needs to be court martialed. Why ridicule your Commander-in-Chief with the commissioning of a mere prototype toy that can purchased in average toy stores abroad for a few dollars. A responsible serious weapons development section of the Air force, everywhere in the world, tasks a President to commission a fully operational vehicle and not a toy prototype.

Honestly, why did Prez Jonathan agree to this charade in the first place.
that post just shows how stvpid u are. Damn does the craft have to be the size of a car beforE you know its a drone. I place my bet on it that most of you punkz spewing trash from those rust buckets of yours are juveniles that just get the lucky chance of operatinnng gprs enabled phones. You guys shouLd grow up. If it wernt for a drone, no one should have known the tru extent of the hurricane in the phillistines. And if nigeria has been using drones, they would have been able to gather solid intels on terrorist held positions/bases instead of relying on the supposed ciVillian jtf. Please you guys need to read up on the uses of uav tech
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by Jakumo(m): 12:46pm On Dec 19, 2013
Anyone fixated on the notion that an Un-Manned Aerial Vehicle(UAV) or Drone has to be "BIG" is simply behind the times. The Nigerian-made UAV may or may not be based on a proven Israeli design, but provided it flies, records video footage and returns to base in one piece, then the concept works as advertized, so what the phuck then is the problem, yee haters of Johnny B. Goode ?

Drones and UAVs are force multipliers, in that they enable relatively small numbers of military personnel to pinpoint and target greater strengths of enemy forces, so as to neutralize them with speed and accuracy. Nigeria needs drones and UAVs to combat the Boko Haram terror gang, among other regional threats, and now those tools are now being acquired and manufactured.

British infantry units serving in Afghanistan are already fielding tiny radio-controlled helicopters that can fit in a shirt-pocket, ready to be sent into flight where they silently transmit live-action overhead video footage of enemy positions. These devices are GPS enabled, and will return to the launch site automatically, after loitering above the enemy and logging GPS coordinates that can then be relayed to helicopter gunships or artillery batteries on standby.

We're so sorry, all you paid or unpaid professional critics and haters of the Johnny B. Goode regime, but nobody gives a rats asz what you think.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by Jakumo(m): 12:46pm On Dec 19, 2013
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by ooshinibos: 1:25pm On Dec 19, 2013
Jakumo: Anyone fixated on the notion that an Un-Manned Aerial Vehicle(UAV) or Drone has to be "BIG" is simply behind the times. The Nigerian-made UAV may or may not be based on a proven Israeli design, but provided it flies, records video footage and returns to base in one piece, then the concept works as advertized, so what the phuck then is the problem, yee haters of Johnny B. Goode ?

Drones and UAVs are force multipliers, in that they enable relatively small numbers of military personnel to pinpoint and target greater strengths of enemy forces, so as to neutralize them with speed and accuracy. Nigeria needs drones and UAVs to combat the Boko Haram terror gang, among other regional threats, and now those tools are now being acquired and manufactured.

British infantry units serving in Afghanistan are already fielding tiny radio-controlled helicopters that can fit in a shirt-pocket, ready to be sent into flight where they silently transmit live-action overhead video footage of enemy positions. These devices are GPS enabled, and will return to the launch site automatically, after loitering above the enemy and logging GPS coordinates that can then be relayed to helicopter gunships or artillery batteries on standby.

We're so sorry, all you paid or unpaid professional critics and haters of the Johnny B. Goode regime, but nobody gives a rats asz what you think.

tell them bruv , the smaller drones are better , Germans just launched a drone as small as a pigeon last year , the Problem with Nigerians is that we dont love ourselves due to chronic bad governments over generations , we cant see anything good out of a governmrnt any more , signs of abuse , the victims have become the abuser ...most of the drones build in America are engineers that are Nigerian graduates
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by Sidajili: 1:39pm On Dec 19, 2013
Gulma Tactical UAV (NAF 610)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX1L_AxHXXw

more videos coming...

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by Sidajili: 1:52pm On Dec 19, 2013
Gulma Tactical UAV (NAF 611) - Showing Mobile Ground Control Station, Tracking Antenna and Team operations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq_Xqa3Wg-8

The Gulma UAV Launch and recovery is performed by an 'External Pilot' (EP). The EP hands over the UAV to the GCS crew after launching (take-off) and getting to a safe altitude. Operation and mission is handled by the 'Internal Pilots'; commanding the UAV from within the mobile GCS. The Gulma UAV is NOT meant to carry Arms. Its for Surveillance, search and Rescue, Pipeline monitoring, Intelligence gathering and more.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by urboy1: 2:07pm On Dec 19, 2013
Zeus_Ayo: that post just shows how stvpid u are. Damn does the craft have to be the size of a car beforE you know its a drone. I place my bet on it that most of you punkz spewing trash from those rust buckets of yours are juveniles that just get the lucky chance of operatinnng gprs enabled phones. You guys shouLd grow up. If it wernt for a drone, no one should have known the tru extent of the hurricane in the phillistines. And if nigeria has been using drones, they would have been able to gather solid intels on terrorist held positions/bases instead of relying on the supposed ciVillian jtf. Please you guys need to read up on the uses of uav tech

Dude if a white man was walking close to the Nigerian Drone..it would have been the best invention ever.(thats our stupid mentality).

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by chid3x: 2:45pm On Dec 19, 2013
Sidajili: Gulma Tactical UAV (NAF 611) - Showing Mobile Ground Control Station, Tracking Antenna and Team operations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq_Xqa3Wg-8

The Gulma UAV Launch and recovery is performed by an 'External Pilot' (EP). The EP hands over the UAV to the GCS crew after launching (take-off) and getting to a safe altitude. Operation and mission is handled by the 'Internal Pilots'; commanding the UAV from within the mobile GCS. The Gulma UAV is NOT meant to carry Arms. Its for Surveillance, search and Rescue, Pipeline monitoring, Intelligence gathering and more.

Please bro create a new topic for this videos so that it can make frontpage.
Make all the haters eat their vomit!
Please!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by agbameta: 2:47pm On Dec 19, 2013
leofab:

Slowpoke like you; you expect to see a jet fighter there or maybe a rocket...

No, I was expecting a functional UAV in live demonstration in the air, not some dullards in babariga and punks in military uniform standing next to some dummy toy in the middle of the room...
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by Sidajili: 4:29pm On Dec 19, 2013
chid3x:

Please bro create a new topic for this videos so that it can make frontpage.
Make all the haters eat their vomit!
Please!

Great idea... here we go - https://www.nairaland.com/1561907/nigerian-air-force-gulma-tactical#20332947

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by Nobody: 3:09pm On Dec 20, 2013
naijababe:

No I haven't and your government just denied me the opportunity to see one by they posting a cardboard angry
agbameta:

No, I was expecting a functional UAV in live demonstration in the air, not some dullards in babariga and punks in military uniform standing next to some dummy toy in the middle of the room...

Shameless shediot and hediot :- https://www.nairaland.com/1561907/nigerian-air-force-gulma-tactical

Agbameta you are such a disgrace cry

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by FILUX(m): 2:10pm On Jul 20, 2014
drone! at last d time has come when nigeria corrupt leaders can be wipe out. hope mr president will make good use of it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fani-kayode And Nenadi Usman Sent To Prison By Court / Insecurity: Buhari, Ahmed Lawan, Gbajabiamila In Closed-Door Meeting / Wike Appoints 14,000 Advisers, 359 Liaison Officers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.