Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,475 members, 7,816,120 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

How To Reduce Etisalat Browsing Speed? - Computers (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Reduce Etisalat Browsing Speed? (17721 Views)

Free Browsing Settings With The Fastest Browsing Speed Ever. / How Do I Use Proxifier 2 Increase My Browsing Speed / Does Bluetooth Connection Reduce Browsing Speed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Reduce Etisalat Browsing Speed? by meforyou1(m): 6:58pm On Dec 18, 2013
Silly post. Why don't u port back to airtel. Naa u thunder go fire
Re: How To Reduce Etisalat Browsing Speed? by Picomon(m): 7:13pm On Dec 18, 2013
gr3yb4ck: I am going to write an open letter to the CEO of Etisalat to block that cheat.

If you cant learn to keep ur mouth shut and keep it coded.

Mtcheew!!

Fact man. some people are fools. Don't know why he can't keep his mouth shut. Na d first time wey hin go use better network b this? If he go Yankee and see the one wey fast pass etisalat him go call 911 or run mad. What a shame.

Dunno why some mods wud put this on FP. Guess y'all need to get back to the drawing board. Abi Seun no share NL mission with una?
Re: How To Reduce Etisalat Browsing Speed? by kingviny: 7:19pm On Dec 18, 2013
Etisalat recently has become something else. They were not like this before. This days, the amount of data they deduct when you open a page is something else! and it is not as if the performance is any better than before!

EFCC, ICPC, PDP, APC, GTB e.t.c pls look into this!

'Fank' you!
Re: How To Reduce Etisalat Browsing Speed? by Deiok(m): 7:30pm On Dec 18, 2013
Pls someone should help me, how do i deactivate etisalat social data.
They are killing me with their different deduction every day, i tried calling their costumer care, i spent close to 1hr 20min on the line they didnt pick my call. I send stop to 229, dialed *229*0# none of them works.
Re: How To Reduce Etisalat Browsing Speed? by aseyi23: 7:31pm On Dec 18, 2013
Chai dis is serious
Sorie my broda
Eva heard of alcatel
Get 1 bro
Re: How To Reduce Etisalat Browsing Speed? by Bizibi(m): 7:41pm On Dec 18, 2013
Wow or should I say super-wow to the topic
Re: How To Reduce Etisalat Browsing Speed? by frankgreat(m): 7:43pm On Dec 18, 2013
Pls i did a day plan but instead they are collecting my credit...how can i stop it...reply
Re: How To Reduce Etisalat Browsing Speed? by ShyDare(m): 7:51pm On Dec 18, 2013
igbsam: SMH........some kind thread on this forum and to make matter worse, they always end up making the frontpage.
I always wonder too, if d ntwrk is vry fast, y does sum1 wnts 2slow it down according 2 OP. Dia r so many educative & beneficial thread dat neva gets 2d front page.
Re: How To Reduce Etisalat Browsing Speed? by otemanuduno: 7:54pm On Dec 18, 2013
Very easy...port to rural area where etibaba network fluctuates
Re: How To Reduce Etisalat Browsing Speed? by Divinehenrich(m): 8:18pm On Dec 18, 2013
Plz is d etisalat tweat still working? I need sincere reply
Re: How To Reduce Etisalat Browsing Speed? by MANOSUB(m): 8:21pm On Dec 18, 2013
It means etisalat is cheating you. So change ur network cuz it is not ironic that u have to use ur netwrk for the specified time
Re: How To Reduce Etisalat Browsing Speed? by Samcathe: 8:29pm On Dec 18, 2013
Funny thread
Re: How To Reduce Etisalat Browsing Speed? by reliableme: 8:30pm On Dec 18, 2013
If its fast and takes much of ur data Y note check ur system update and remove it 4m updating automatically, because dat also comsumes data witout u noticing as dia netwrk is fast
Re: How To Reduce Etisalat Browsing Speed? by masciv: 8:42pm On Dec 18, 2013
Picomon:

Fact man. some people are fools. Don't know why he can't keep his mouth shut. Na d first time wey hin go use better network b this? If he go Yankee and see the one wey fast pass etisalat him go call 911 or run mad. What a shame.

Dunno why some mods wud put this on FP. Guess y'all need to get back to the drawing board. Abi Seun no share NL mission with una?

the guy is plain stupid.I don't know where to categorize his behaviour. I wonder if its illiteracy that's disturbing him or he's just an ignoramus. And come to think it,etisalat has cut its bis to non bb devices and its thanks to goons like him.They give you an opportunity, instead of you to accept it quietly,you go all out bragging like a chicken on heat. Its not your fault, its cos you've had the chance to use a phone.Etisalat has blocked the service and people that have been innocently managing their data quietly have been rendered internet-less.
Re: How To Reduce Etisalat Browsing Speed? by begwong: 8:44pm On Dec 18, 2013
nairacoded.com:
This is ironic and funny. Try to use EDGE instead of 3G. You can also browse without images to save MB
I know you can edit yr phone browser not to show images. can same be done for a pc/laptop?
if yess how pls.
Re: How To Reduce Etisalat Browsing Speed? by nenergy(m): 8:47pm On Dec 18, 2013
What the OP is saying is that Etisalat's data is exhausted faster than the previous network. I have also noticed this with Etisalat, infact i was planning on posting about it this week. A 4 minute youtube video on MTN might be 15mb, but on Etisalat its 25mb. OP you are not alone!

2 Likes

Re: How To Reduce Etisalat Browsing Speed? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Dec 18, 2013
logica: If you travel from Agege to Oshodi, first in a Keke NAPEP and then again in a BMW X6 you will find out that the fact that you got to Oshodi faster in the BMW does not mean that the distance between Agege and Oshodi increased as you traveled faster. smiley

U CAN ONLY RUN PASS TERRY G....WHEN U RUN MAD?
Re: How To Reduce Etisalat Browsing Speed? by Youngtekkey(m): 8:49pm On Dec 18, 2013
*clear throat* hmmmm am short of words
Re: How To Reduce Etisalat Browsing Speed? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Dec 18, 2013
Divinehenrich: Plz is d etisalat tweat still working? I need sincere reply
yup..just dis mine few hrs ago
Re: How To Reduce Etisalat Browsing Speed? by logica(m): 9:09pm On Dec 18, 2013
nenergy: A 4 minute youtube video on MTN might be 15mb, but on Etisalat its 25mb.
If you did some measurements and indeed for the same video, you get different MBs of usage on different networks, it might mean the one with the lower usage is configured to use various techniques to lower your data usage; including compression and resizing/choosing a setting that yields smaller videos. Though we have to be sure the one with the higher usage is not engaging in some shady practices.
Re: How To Reduce Etisalat Browsing Speed? by Wiinnd(m): 9:13pm On Dec 18, 2013
dridowu: I love my etibabaaaaaa
abeg wat are the steps involve in subscribing diz 3gig stuff for 1k. Please include settings,cow i wanna use it on modern.
Re: How To Reduce Etisalat Browsing Speed? by Wiinnd(m): 9:16pm On Dec 18, 2013
buoye1: As long as browsing is concerned,ETIBABA is the best!........I dey rock am die
abeg put me 4 line. Hw dem tk dy sucribe plus hw 2 use it on modem? Tanx baba
Re: How To Reduce Etisalat Browsing Speed? by elari(m): 9:27pm On Dec 18, 2013
kingston247: .I be maga
Re: How To Reduce Etisalat Browsing Speed? by tomzman: 9:39pm On Dec 18, 2013
Some people are funny. If network slow, you go complain. Now, network fast, you still dey complain. Human beings can never be satisfied.
The kind of topics making fp these days sef!
Re: How To Reduce Etisalat Browsing Speed? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Dec 18, 2013
chiefkpokp: Please, is there anyone in the house who is having same issue with me? Yes, although I know it's good to be enjoying my etisalat 3gig on my pc, but you see, how i wish i could adjust the speed in either in my modern on any software, because i could remember when i was using airtel, i could use 6gb which would last for me for almost a month, because the speed was slow and so on like that, and I could only be spending my tweak money at least minimum of every 3 weeks, but since I ported to etibaba, because of of the speed, I now spend at least 1-1-1000 every 2, 2days, please i know that its good for some people, but its not too fair for me, because I need the network to be slow, so that i can be getting value for my 1k. Any idea please?

In between!! Anyone when insult me, na thunder from heaven go remind the beneficiary of his or her Bleep, so respond responsibly.
lol no worry, i be bad mouth person. but i no go insult u as u don already knw say we suppose insult u. but dis one wey u don use thunder already! hmmmm... no worry
Re: How To Reduce Etisalat Browsing Speed? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Dec 18, 2013
Deiok: Pls someone should help me, how do i deactivate etisalat social data.
They are killing me with their different deduction every day, i tried calling their costumer care, i spent close to 1hr 20min on the line they didnt pick my call. I send stop to 229, dialed *229*0# none of them works.

Reach them on their twitter handle
Re: How To Reduce Etisalat Browsing Speed? by XPhoenix619: 10:05pm On Dec 18, 2013
chiefkpokp: Please, is there anyone in the house who is having same issue with me? Yes, although I know it's good to be enjoying my etisalat 3gig on my pc, but you see, how i wish i could adjust the speed in either in my modern on any software, because i could remember when i was using airtel, i could use 6gb which would last for me for almost a month, because the speed was slow and so on like that, and I could only be spending my tweak money at least minimum of every 3 weeks, but since I ported to etibaba, because of of the speed, I now spend at least 1-1-1000 every 2, 2days, please i know that its good for some people, but its not too fair for me, because I need the network to be slow, so that i can be getting value for my 1k. Any idea please?

In between!! Anyone when insult me, na thunder from heaven go remind the beneficiary of his or her Bleep, so respond responsibly.

Well it has been blocked, problem solved. Happy now?
Re: How To Reduce Etisalat Browsing Speed? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Dec 18, 2013
nenergy: What the OP is saying is that Etisalat's data is exhausted faster than the previous network. I have also noticed this with Etisalat, infact i was planning on posting about it this week. A 4 minute youtube video on MTN might be 15mb, but on Etisalat its 25mb. OP you are not alone!

PORT BACK... SIMPLE.. undecided

2 Likes

Re: How To Reduce Etisalat Browsing Speed? by masciv: 10:47pm On Dec 18, 2013
Wiinnd: abeg wat are the steps involve in subscribing diz 3gig stuff for 1k. Please include settings,cow i wanna use it on modern.

You'd better not subscribe or you'll be hating yourself after doing it. The subscription no longer works for new subscribers.It works only for those that have subscribed previously.
Re: How To Reduce Etisalat Browsing Speed? by Koolwilly(m): 10:51pm On Dec 18, 2013
lawyer: I don't know why you guys are abusing the OP when you don't know what he is talking about. I use etisalat modern and I experience the same thing unlike Mtn or Airtel. The speed is too much and you would see a page trying to open with 456kb or even 2mb per second in some cases and the page won't open at a supersonic speed compared to the data speed it's deducting. Etisalat charges 4000 nairaland for a 1.5gb data plan but before the end of the week your left with 300mb or less. It's not about jumping to another network but the ability to reduce the data speed. If the pages were opening a the click of a mouse it's another thing entirely. This month I have renewed my subscription twice and we haven't even gotten to Christmas and I don't browse with it more than 3 hours daily. Something is definitely wrong somewhere and this anomaly has to stop. It's another form of cheating the masses when they pay for something they are not getting.
Check your settings and confirm if your windows update is on.
Make sure installed applications are not updating automatically in the background.
Re: How To Reduce Etisalat Browsing Speed? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Dec 18, 2013
Bunch of Mongrel butts. angry angry

You're the very same person to complain if the speed isn't fast. Are you alright?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Like New UK Used laptops + Accessories Available Here At Affordable Prices / Post Your India Web Proxy problems Here / Rip DVDs, Record Videos, And Convert Audio/Video Formats With VLC Media Player

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.