Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,778 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:07 PM

Foods You Should Never Eat Past Their Expiry Date - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Foods You Should Never Eat Past Their Expiry Date (27049 Views)

10 Nigerian Foods You Must Eat Before You Die / Difference Between Expiry Date And Best Before Date / some Cancer Causing Foods You Probably Eat Every Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Foods You Should Never Eat Past Their Expiry Date by homeboy205: 2:06pm On Dec 23, 2013
FOR NIGERIANS ? STORY

1 Like

Re: Foods You Should Never Eat Past Their Expiry Date by Vicjay1(m): 2:08pm On Dec 23, 2013
story story

1 Like

Re: Foods You Should Never Eat Past Their Expiry Date by vislabraye(m): 2:08pm On Dec 23, 2013
I'm surprised they didn't mention pork.

Any way, there are certain foods that taste slightly sweeter when they sour. Fish is one of them.
Re: Foods You Should Never Eat Past Their Expiry Date by Ignatio(m): 2:10pm On Dec 23, 2013
Does chicken expire too? Even eggs The smell of a bad egg is enough to make You sick talk less of consuming it.
Most of the foods here are not common in Nigeria.
Why don't You do a research on the common foods we have.

1 Like

Re: Foods You Should Never Eat Past Their Expiry Date by mustaphagreens(m): 2:15pm On Dec 23, 2013
Noted. cool But will these guys ever learn?? shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Foods You Should Never Eat Past Their Expiry Date by Nobody: 2:18pm On Dec 23, 2013
Op Shoo..na Naija we dey o..
angry
Kileleyin

1 Like

Re: Foods You Should Never Eat Past Their Expiry Date by marcangelo(m): 2:21pm On Dec 23, 2013
Tolexander: Foods don't have expiry date but drugs!

Manufactured foods only have best before!
U makin sense bro, i'v neva tot abt d diff...
Re: Foods You Should Never Eat Past Their Expiry Date by Howmanage: 2:23pm On Dec 23, 2013
Dubby6: D only food wey i sabi here na egg.
But why person go wan chop something wey wan/don expire ni
those eggs we buy from mallam/ mei table are mostly expired. They keep them until they are sold or completely rotten. Have you ever seen expiry dates on them?
Re: Foods You Should Never Eat Past Their Expiry Date by marcangelo(m): 2:26pm On Dec 23, 2013
98 percent of dis list ar rarely found in nigeria, even if u see it,its expensive . .com to tink of buyin it wen its xpired

1 Like

Re: Foods You Should Never Eat Past Their Expiry Date by Ferdinandu(m): 2:28pm On Dec 23, 2013
Another waste of my megabytes which MTN is not going to refund. I was expecting to see Eba, Amala, Tuwo, Yam but these. What is Dell meat or is it HP meat? Spinach? angry

1 Like

Re: Foods You Should Never Eat Past Their Expiry Date by Sike(m): 2:31pm On Dec 23, 2013
Nigerians don't care tho.
Re: Foods You Should Never Eat Past Their Expiry Date by Coldfeet(f): 2:35pm On Dec 23, 2013
ichidodo: O.p have you eaten spoilt quakamoli before??
Its called Guacamole.

1 Like

Re: Foods You Should Never Eat Past Their Expiry Date by Coldfeet(f): 2:38pm On Dec 23, 2013
Howmanage: those eggs we buy from mallam/ mei table are mostly expired. They keep them until they are sold or completely rotten. Have you ever seen expiry dates on them?
You are right but there's no way in jupiter can you not detect a rotten egg! Whether fried, boiled or scrambled. The smell is its give away it can't be hidden even with all the curry in this world.
Re: Foods You Should Never Eat Past Their Expiry Date by Coldfeet(f): 2:39pm On Dec 23, 2013
Most times the above listed can be avoided but most other times its not possible! Take for instance suya and kilishi? Unless you are very observant you won't notice that the beef they used as gone bad! They hide its putridness beneath all that hot spice. Most chinese delicacy restaurants in this country make use of some of those veggie listed above in their stir fries after its gone past its use before dates.
Re: Foods You Should Never Eat Past Their Expiry Date by manny4life(m): 3:01pm On Dec 23, 2013
expired or not, I do eat some of them though however, meat products like ground beef and deli meet, that gat to go. Another food is fresh milk, even a day or two before it reaches expiration, you can already smell the bad taste.
Re: Foods You Should Never Eat Past Their Expiry Date by Aliydave(m): 3:07pm On Dec 23, 2013
D only food dat i know there is egg nd chicken, and d chicken sef look like na oyinbo chicken

2 Likes

Re: Foods You Should Never Eat Past Their Expiry Date by AdeniyiA(m): 3:21pm On Dec 23, 2013
Tolexander: Foods don't have expiry date but drugs!

Manufactured foods only have best before!
is best before date an expiry date?
there's a school of thought that foods after their best before dates are still suitable for consumption but now with reduced benefits?
Re: Foods You Should Never Eat Past Their Expiry Date by manny4life(m): 3:29pm On Dec 23, 2013
Adeniyi A.:

there's a school of thought that foods after their best before dates are still suitable for consumption but now with reduced benefits?

No it isn't an expiry date but a date when the food is likely to go bad and looses freshness.

As for your second thought, that is correct, food like dried fruits or products in general are usually good after their best before dates. However, frozen products, vegetables and some fruits are a no go.
Re: Foods You Should Never Eat Past Their Expiry Date by manny4life(m): 3:30pm On Dec 23, 2013
Aliydave: D only food dat i know there is egg nd chicken, and d chicken sef look like na oyinbo chicken

That's chicken breasst o or white meat, grin grin grin

One of the most expensive cuts from chicken..

1 Like

Re: Foods You Should Never Eat Past Their Expiry Date by Odelola01(m): 3:49pm On Dec 23, 2013
It's better you don't eat, than to eat what is bad.
Re: Foods You Should Never Eat Past Their Expiry Date by Synthase(m): 4:02pm On Dec 23, 2013
What about drink past their expiry date? You should take stout which is even better beyond its expiry date (according to professional beer taster)
Re: Foods You Should Never Eat Past Their Expiry Date by Toppiano(m): 4:36pm On Dec 23, 2013
Can someone tell how many of these foods (in their present form) here we eat regularly in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Foods You Should Never Eat Past Their Expiry Date by donodion(m): 7:10pm On Dec 23, 2013
@ Ops...good one...thumbs up wink
Re: Foods You Should Never Eat Past Their Expiry Date by rafcrown(m): 8:17pm On Dec 23, 2013
WE SHOULD ALL STAY AWAY FROM EXPIRY FOOD ITEMS. DANGEROUUUUSSSSSS.
Re: Foods You Should Never Eat Past Their Expiry Date by Tolexander: 8:50pm On Dec 23, 2013
Adeniyi A.:

best before and not worst after

1 Like

Re: Foods You Should Never Eat Past Their Expiry Date by Jj222(f): 11:50pm On Dec 23, 2013
Tanks for telling me what i dont kno.
Re: Foods You Should Never Eat Past Their Expiry Date by Smily202(m): 7:17am On Dec 24, 2013
All this food sellf........na only egg I sabi there oooh.......

1 Like

Re: Foods You Should Never Eat Past Their Expiry Date by yesboss20(m): 12:19pm On Dec 24, 2013
Vivly: Sausage roll. Eg, Gala. For some strange reason, some people still eat it on its expiry date. undecided
Omo, na that period e dey sweet pass!!! If u haven't tried it, u are on a "lung thin".
There was a period I bought 3 of them galas and couldn't even get to eat 1! They were so, so expired.
Re: Foods You Should Never Eat Past Their Expiry Date by Abbey2sam(m): 1:55pm On Dec 24, 2013
First and foremost, no food should be eaten past their expiry dates, secondly those foods you mentioned are not common in nigeria except for egg and chicken........

- The question now is how do you know that this natural foods are expired
- what I expected you to tell us is how to know that they have expired,becuz I haven't bought any egg or frozen chicken with an expiry date

so after this critical analysis, I concluded that the post doesn't make sense and the MODERATORS don't really know what they were doing when they put this piece of shait on the front page

Peace

2 Likes

Re: Foods You Should Never Eat Past Their Expiry Date by naijainfogalery: 5:29pm On Jan 02, 2015
Nigerians living in America looking for where to buy Nigerian foods/ingredients in the US, you can get it here http://www.nigerianfoods.com/
Re: Foods You Should Never Eat Past Their Expiry Date by gynny(f): 4:43pm On Jul 20, 2016
Symptoms of listeria sometimes begin few days after you’ve eaten contaminated food. But it can take as long as 2 months before the first signs and symptoms of listeria infection begin. Click on the link below to read more.
http://www.gigihealth.com/symptoms-of-listeria-what-is-listeria/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Would A Subway Be Sucessful In Nigeria? / How To Prepare Soyabeans / Keisuke Yamada Makes Banana Sculptures Using Toothpick & Spoon[

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.