Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes (38179 Views)

Taking Food Out Of Airplanes / 10 Things Nigerians Are Doing Better Than Other Africans / 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by joaquin64(m): 12:55pm On Dec 21, 2013
LMAO @ sitting ovation. Some even stand! I totally forgot all about that one and that used to piss me off a lot when i used to fly in Nigeria looooool. The clapping just resonates from no where... like "yaaay we made it". I wouldnt blame them in Nigeria anyways where flying is akin to taking a death leap and praying through the fall you dont die. Flying is supposed to be the safest form of transportation with little or no hazard at all but with the terrible way our avaiation industry has handled the system... well, you have no choice but to pray and give an ovation at the end of a journey if you made it alive. lol.

Oh yeah and another terrible group of people (this one happens allover the world not just Nigeria) are those ones that before the wheels of the plane even touches the ground, they are up already struggling to take their bags from the overheads because they are in a hurry and everyone else isnt. Totally forgetting there is just one exit and there are others in front of them (first class/biz class people) that would still step out of that plane before them anyway whether they like it or not! Most of these annoying people are ALWAYS economy class and mostly even sitted at the back of the plane! lol

6 Likes

Re: Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Delaw135: 12:55pm On Dec 21, 2013
I alwayz like sitting beside window for fresh air in plane

9 Likes

Re: Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Snoggy(m): 12:55pm On Dec 21, 2013
This particular Lady kept taking pictures like a mad person.
Like 10 times...

I was ashamed sef!
Re: Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Richy4(m): 12:57pm On Dec 21, 2013
once you are in this world certain people or personalities must step on your toes or annoy you. every where you go not only Nigerians.

I heard that there are so many private jet in my beloved country. you can save up and purchase one so that Nigerians will never ever annoy you again.

FYI other countries or race does all these things you mentioned apart from snapping pictures on-board.

1 Like

Re: Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by martyns303(m): 12:57pm On Dec 21, 2013
Victoriousvic: I remember the clapping stuff. Actually experienced it once, and I had to ask what was going on grin

How bout the first-time flyers who panic at everything?

I remember this woman who was on a flight with us going to Lagos. When the plane was about taking-off, this woman kept screaming, "Jesus! Blood of Jesus! Edi oh! ("come oh" in Efik) and she was panicking and even making passengers including myself scared.

She got calm after we took off, but when we started flying over the clouds, and the plane started bouncing a little bit, she started again. This time, she frightened 2 little kids and they started crying and chai, the noise eh. God have mercy!

Funny enough, this woman had 3 kids who just kept staring at her like she'd run mad or something. I'm not sure the oldest kid was more than 16yrs.
Although -ve G is most discomforting due to barotrauma, which is why airlines descend at 300ft/min max, some people really find +G as discomforting as well, no matter how many times they fly, they just can't get used to it, and also being an elderly woman, what you could have done was talk her through it, instead of assuming she's being local.
Re: Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by lonelydora: 12:57pm On Dec 21, 2013
The clapping stuff and leaving the lavatory open are the ones I hate most. Most Nigerians are just funny.
Re: Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nicepoker(m): 12:58pm On Dec 21, 2013
rubii09: Nigerians no de carry last.
that indicates how f00lish u are
Re: Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Jazzgreen(m): 12:58pm On Dec 21, 2013
I read this post here on NL on may, it made FP. guess nl is out of news

https://www.nairaland.com/1241005/7-annoying-things-nigerians-airplanes
Re: Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by venorite(m): 12:59pm On Dec 21, 2013
Op maybe u should start minding your business...you didn't pay for their ticket tongue tongue

3 Likes

Re: Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by martyns303(m): 1:00pm On Dec 21, 2013
Guidette: I just travelled 2 days ago on a flight to London. i think there were only 2 Nigerians like me on the flight and the rest were mostly British. i experience the periodic farting.... it was horrible. I think Oyinbo mess is worse than any other type of mess i have experienced in my life *pukes*
I also experienced the drinking thing too. An oyinbo lady sitting beside me drank nearly 8 bottles of the small wines they serve on BA. It got so bad that she went to sleep, woke up 2 hrs later and was nearly delirious. It took the intervention of 2 of the flight attendants to calm her down. They took her to the back of the plane and she disappeared for an hr. When she returned, I saw another 2 bottles of wine in her hand shocked

So please don't generalise.... Nigerians are not the only ones that do things like that. You need to travel other routes and see that human beings of all races and creeds are the same everywhere.
Thanks Jare, sometimes I wonder what these guys eat.
Re: Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by ikoyo: 1:00pm On Dec 21, 2013
I love shooting my gun
Re: Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Jazzgreen(m): 1:01pm On Dec 21, 2013
Re: Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by IamDebola: 1:03pm On Dec 21, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by cumpaddre(m): 1:09pm On Dec 21, 2013
How many times dis wan make fp
Re: Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Sermwell(m): 1:16pm On Dec 21, 2013
Pix or it doesn't happen!
Re: Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Guykhena(m): 1:18pm On Dec 21, 2013
@op me no even know wetin u dey talk about,,,if me nd my crew wan go jand na desert we dey follow,,d only tin wen dey annoy me na ppl wen dey die of thirst,,I think I will make a post on it "Annoying tins ppl do wen slabbing abroad using the desert" mods watch out grin
Re: Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by erico2k2(m): 1:19pm On Dec 21, 2013
Thats Pathetic Op,everything you mentioned above is done by every kind of people,who do U think is most likely to smoke n av sesx on a plane?
Re: Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Anthony0094(m): 1:20pm On Dec 21, 2013
I have not experience dt kin of thing cause I always use my private jet
Re: Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by bobby7me(m): 1:24pm On Dec 21, 2013
Ehnn.. When I was traveling to NYC yea...
The plane driver told the conductor to serve us akpu & black soup. Trust nigerian guys, they were all smiling. Me I just open the window for fresh air because I don't eat such smelling thing.
Even when we got to Arik airport in NYC yea...
Queen Elizabeth took me to her house for a dinner. Her maids are Angels with wings flying around the castle.
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by IAMBREEZY: 1:24pm On Dec 21, 2013
nice one op that's one of the reasons i fly first class some people can be disgusting damnit.
Re: Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by dad007(m): 1:26pm On Dec 21, 2013
WELL,AS FOR NUMBER 7 I DONT IS JUST A NIGERIAN THING.BECAUSE I VIVIDLY REMEMBER WHEN I WAS COMING FROM NORWAY TO TREVISO AIRPORT IN ITALY I WAS THE ONLY NIGERIAN ON BOARD.BUT EMEDIATLY WE ARRIVED,MOST PASSENGERS STARTED CLAPPING AND THE REST OF US JOIN
Re: Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by bobby7me(m): 1:30pm On Dec 21, 2013
Jealous op.
Stop being a sadist
Re: Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 21, 2013
@Op your post shouldn't be directed to Nigerians alone because most of the things you said is almost every where. And you made it sound as if you are not a Nigerian or are you??
Re: Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by esere826: 1:31pm On Dec 21, 2013
MODs get this out of FP
plagiarism kills innovation
NairaLand should not encourage such
Re: Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by IamDebola: 1:33pm On Dec 21, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by bravedude(m): 1:34pm On Dec 21, 2013
Victoriousvic: I remember the clapping stuff. Actually experienced it once, and I had to ask what was going on grin

How bout the first-time flyers who panic at everything?

I remember this woman who was on a flight with us going to Lagos. When the plane was about taking-off, this woman kept screaming, "Jesus! Blood of Jesus! Edi oh! ("come oh" in Efik) and she was panicking and even making passengers including myself scared.

She got calm after we took off, but when we started flying over the clouds, and the plane started bouncing a little bit, she started again. This time, she frightened 2 little kids and they started crying and chai, the noise eh. God have mercy!

Funny enough, this woman had 3 kids who just kept staring at her like she'd run mad or something. I'm not sure the oldest kid was more than 16yrs.

Broda don't say that,there are some shaking that will make you panic.I do fly 10hrs non stop without much anxiety but when ever i am on a local airline,my confident turns into a different thing.Don't blame it on the woman but have the blame on our aviation because u don't expect her to remain calm with all the plane crash history.
Re: Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by iyaayi(f): 1:35pm On Dec 21, 2013
uote author=Aigbofa]None of the things you wrote is peculiar to Nigerians, even the 'landing' ovation.[/quote]

Especially after a long flight.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sondos al-Qattan Losing Brands After Her ‘Slavery’ Comments Went Viral (Pics) / About Somorika Hills Of Edo State / FAAN Releases Lists Of Prohibited Items For Passengers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.