Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,205 members, 7,953,762 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:35 AM

Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes (38335 Views)

Taking Food Out Of Airplanes / 10 Things Nigerians Are Doing Better Than Other Africans / 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Polio: 6:52pm On Dec 21, 2013
Smh...... Nigerians

Number is absolutely disgraceful!
Re: Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by onyxo76(m): 7:22pm On Dec 21, 2013
Guidette: I just travelled 2 days ago on a flight to London. i think there were only 2 Nigerians like me on the flight and the rest were mostly British. i experience the periodic farting.... it was horrible. I think Oyinbo mess is worse than any other type of mess i have experienced in my life *pukes*
I also experienced the drinking thing too. An oyinbo lady sitting beside me drank nearly 8 bottles of the small wines they serve on BA. It got so bad that she went to sleep, woke up 2 hrs later and was nearly delirious. It took the intervention of 2 of the flight attendants to calm her down. They took her to the back of the plane and she disappeared for an hr. When she returned, I saw another 2 bottles of wine in her hand shocked

So please don't generalise.... Nigerians are not the only ones that do things like that. You need to travel other routes and see that human beings of all races and creeds are the same everywhere.
this got me laughing, what of asian or indian mess??
Re: Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by MrMac10(m): 7:33pm On Dec 21, 2013
Nigerians should learn to mind their damn bizness Na so I dey toast air hostess on a flight to new York Na I'm naija babes begin look us wit envy for their eyes and even guys but trust me I no send anybody just dey do my thing tongue
Re: Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by erico2k2(m): 7:36pm On Dec 21, 2013
Lady-Payne:
Most annoying thing---"i don arrive" mentality from first-time 9ja flyers,,,d pics,,,refusal to switch off phones wen asked to. d ovation aint dat bad tho tongue
If U are a frequent flyer.U will realize them stuff U mentioned up there are done by everybody irrespective of colour or Nationality
Most of U guy are case study for infirior personality,litle or no cofidence.
Re: Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 7:51pm On Dec 21, 2013
Guess plenty of Nigerians aint been on a flight for Once, So This might sound strange to em..

No Pun Intended..
Re: Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 8:21pm On Dec 21, 2013
Adikam: The most annoying things nigerians do on plane is to fly the plane & clash it.

Yesooo, they clash it oooogrin

1 Like

Re: Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by BluMalam(m): 8:26pm On Dec 21, 2013
Mehn i owe no apologies to anyone for consuming as much alcohol as i want on a boring six hour flight, why are you looking at my drink sef? angry

10. Nigerians not minding their business on a flight. Read a book.
Re: Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Bizibi(m): 8:50pm On Dec 21, 2013
Naijamericana:

Its not developed either...
hmmmm...so where do u place china then?
Re: Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by omar22(m): 9:49pm On Dec 21, 2013
I have been travelling from UK to Lagos for the last 15 years but due to an attractive offer from Lufthansa, I decided to jump on the deal. Its a flight to Lagos via Frankfurt.

Am sorry but I dont know the type of Nigerians living in Germany but they are the worst to fly with. The flight to Germany was smooth, but from the boarding gate it was like hell, no one wants to queue, I finally got to my seat, to my surprise someone was sitting in my seat, (that I booked on-line months before I travelled) I kindly asked the person that you are sitting in my seat, guess what? the person acted as if I wasn't talking to her, I just walked down the aisle, I guess she thought that I went to look for another seat, not knowing that I went to call an air steward to sort the lady out, by the time we got back to my seat, someone else was sitting next to her, they told me to go and sit in the other person's seat further back, can you imagine I said no, the steward order both of them to sit in the seat written on the boarding pass. I guess that lady thought she was flying with Nigeria Airways

One lady was shouting from side of the aisle to the another person at the other side of the aisle further back, it was hilarious, from Frankfurt to Lagos. I thought it was a one off, on our way back which was a night flight, trying to sleep, it was noise with so many complaints. What took the biscuit was when lady took her child to the toilet to poo and left the door open watching her child, people complained but she shouted in Igbo language to people to mind their gaddam business...

I wont through Germany again
Re: Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 10:10pm On Dec 21, 2013
I take alot of pictures when I travel.... be it in the bus or plane..... its not sign of bushness
Re: Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 10:31pm On Dec 21, 2013
Who's this OP n what is he feeling like
Re: Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by erico2k2(m): 10:32pm On Dec 21, 2013
omar22: I have been travelling from UK to Lagos for the last 15 years but due to an attractive offer from Lufthansa, I decided to jump on the deal. Its a flight to Lagos via Frankfurt.

Am sorry but I dont know the type of Nigerians living in Germany but they are the worst to fly with. The flight to Germany was smooth, but from the boarding gate it was like hell, no one wants to queue, I finally got to my seat, to my surprise someone was sitting in my seat, (that I booked on-line months before I travelled) I kindly asked the person that you are sitting in my seat, guess what? the person acted as if I wasn't talking to her, I just walked down the aisle, I guess she thought that I went to look for another seat, not knowing that I went to call an air steward to sort the lady out, by the time we got back to my seat, someone else was sitting next to her, they told me to go and sit in the other person's seat further back, can you imagine I said no, the steward order both of them to sit in the seat written on the boarding pass. I guess that lady thought she was flying with Nigeria Airways

One lady was shouting from side of the aisle to the another person at the other side of the aisle further back, it was hilarious, from Frankfurt to Lagos. I thought it was a one off, on our way back which was a night flight, trying to sleep, it was noise with so many complaints. What took the biscuit was when lady took her child to the toilet to poo and left the door open watching her child, people complained but she shouted in Igbo language to people to mind their gaddam business...

I wont through Germany again
Haha,typical
Re: Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by unmask: 11:25pm On Dec 21, 2013
op if e dey pain you, fly firstclass
Re: Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by wisep: 12:02am On Dec 22, 2013
richgang: what of us wen never come enter plane , weti una say make we comment embarassed

hahahahaha just play along, because no b everybody wey dey call jesus! jesus! truly knw am.[color=#550000][/color]
Re: Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 12:11am On Dec 22, 2013
tchew...but how many times na? undecided undecided
Re: Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 3:19am On Dec 22, 2013
Ada Nri1: This last journey I saw a lot of people drinking little bottles of wine and requesting more food from the cabin crew. What actually annoys me about flying is the fact that I travel with little kids but the passengers in front of me recline their seats so much that my kids have to be squeezed.
When you politely as them they'll tell you to recline yours too, that it's their right. It's not about right it's about consideration! These have all been
Nigerians. The only passenger who didn't recline his seat when he saw my girls was a white man

you obviously don't fly often. many people, regardless of color, recline their seats as much as they can. it is a right as they purchased the seat with their hard earned money. if your kids need extra space then buy extra seats. no one owes you or your kids any consideration over legitimately paid for seats.

2 Likes

Re: Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 5:58am On Dec 22, 2013
Guidette: I just travelled 2 days ago on a flight to London. i think there were only 2 Nigerians like me on the flight and the rest were mostly British. i experience the periodic farting.... it was horrible. I think Oyinbo mess is worse than any other type of mess i have experienced in my life *pukes*
I also experienced the drinking thing too. An oyinbo lady sitting beside me drank nearly 8 bottles of the small wines they serve on BA. It got so bad that she went to sleep, woke up 2 hrs later and was nearly delirious. It took the intervention of 2 of the flight attendants to calm her down. They took her to the back of the plane and she disappeared for an hr. When she returned, I saw another 2 bottles of wine in her hand shocked

So please don't generalise.... Nigerians are not the only ones that do things like that. You need to travel other routes and see that human beings of all races and creeds are the same everywhere.
especially d europeans ehn bah d chinese are on anoda level sha.they behave lyk goats in d plane
Re: Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 6:39am On Dec 22, 2013

Thank you!
My worst experience is traveling to Beijing China from Nigeria on Emirate or ET. Usually there are so many razz chinko(laborers I guess) on board who don't speak a word of English. Now they are lousy, selfish and way greedier than Nigerians abeg.

Used to think stealing headsets and cover clothes and red wine off airplanes was a Nigerian thingy especially when you are not on a direct flight, but nah. You see other nationals all wrapped in these blankets at the lounge, waiting for the next flight even when they will get another one when they board.

Yea, some Nigerians can be funny especially when you see some bulky stuff we try to squeeze into the overhead hand luggage lockers, but I have discovered that this is not peculiar to us! I was really mad at a white woman on a flight to Sydney when she carried God-knows-what on a long sports bag, took all the space and wouldn't let anybody put their bags on top of it claiming its fragile until one air hostess threatened to go check it in for her.

I have never misbehaved on a flight, only say a silent thank you Jesus when my plane touches ground, I'm law abiding, eat and drink whatever is right and always say excuse me and thank you! Most of these things are not peculiar to us.
Re: Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Gudintent: 9:03am On Dec 22, 2013
richgang: what of us wen never come enter plane , weti una say make we comment embarassed

Start a new thread

Annoying things Nigerians are yet to do on airplane grin
Re: Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Bilabong(m): 9:38am On Dec 22, 2013
When some ops are wishing 4 their thread to make front page for once the admins are repeating the old front page threads.
Re: Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by EngrBright(m): 9:50am On Dec 22, 2013
Adikam: The most annoying things nigerians do on plane is to fly the plane & clash it.
fly the plane & clash it.[/quote]grammatical error.
Re: Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by muskpeas: 10:03am On Dec 22, 2013
[quote you really got me cracked up..... Rotfl author=noskeybaba]What concerns a bird with a toothbrush?

ANNOYING THINGS oN MOLUE BUs:
Those madakakas selling ru crybbish inside bus. Muringer seed and the rest. The other day one was in front of me and as he was talking eh spit was raining down on me. I wish I had umbrella with me. [/quote]
Re: Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 10:04am On Dec 22, 2013
zube01: 1. Securing beds...in Economy Class! There's a game Nigerian passengers play whenever they're on-board a semi-full airplane - It's kind of similar to Musical Chairs...but without the music. Passengers snub the seats assigned to them and scout for a stretch of three to four empty seats before take-off. Handbags and other luggage items are strategically placed on empty seats in the hope for that Business Class experience - pathetic.

2. Making dramatic Nollywood scenes. Whoever said 'Rules are meant to be broken' must have been a Nigerian. We're pretty damn good at breaking rules...into smithereens, just for good measure. There was one woman sat at the front of economy class with her less-than-a-year-old baby. She put her baby down on the empty seat next to her when the seat belt light was off (not sure if that's proper in the first place but I'll let her off on that one). The moment the seat belt light was back on, however, one of the air hostesses called her to order and told her to strap her baby in place - RED ALERT! RED ALERT! MAY DAY! MAY DAY! You knew from the way the irritated mother turned her neck with that 'oh-no-you-didn't' expression all over her face that cabin pressure was under serious threat. Needless today she told the air hostess to mind her own business - ironically, that's what the air-hostess was trying to do in the first place...Safety of passengers...DUH! I can't remember if the thud I heard later on was due to turbulence or because the baby had rolled off the chair...

3. Taking pictures. You can imagine trying to enjoy a good book when suddenly the corner of your eye picks up the flash photography of some newbie whose obviously hell-bent on convincing everyone back in Nigeria that he/she indeed travel abroad. Newsflash! There may be people with photosensitive epilepsy on-board or nearby pilots wondering if there is a terrorist hijacking, with one unfortunate Nigerian who decided to break one simple rule 'DON'T MOVE!' (go figure!)

4. Farting. It's bad enough you left your assigned seat at the front and decided to come behind me and stretch yourself across four empty seats. Now you're so generous as to share your flatulence with me in small doses of ammonia-laced farts...not a one-off...periodic discharges which could catch choke me unawares if I dare yawn. FYI, avoid fizzy drinks on the plane if you know you can't handle your abdominal tract like few pros among us.

5. Drink to stupor. Is it the sheer pettiness of wanting to get one's money's worth that would make a passenger drink like a fish? (Remember, its Nigerians we're talking about here). Of course, it's not the drinking that bothers me but the mindless banter and laughter at completely 'unfunny' things that drives me up the Berlin wall (just like that - after a couple of drinks you'd be in stitches when you read 'drive me up the berlin wall').

6. Leaving toilets unlocked. Common sense consistently fails to prevail when most Nigerians use the airline's restrooms. It all boils down to refusing to acknowledge the instructions/directions carefully displayed all around them. It's quite simple - you enter the restroom and close it behind you. Right there on door is a slide lock which denotes 'Slide left to lock and right to open'. Why wouldn't I be interested in making sure that no one accidentally sees my 'bits'? Didn't they notice the green 'vacant' or the red 'occupied' sign before entering the lavatory? At my last count I've walked in on 3 unfortunate passengers who forgot to lock behind (but they all did once I exposed them...makes you wonder, eh?).

7. Sitting ovation. I'm not sure if you can relate but you're nearing your flight destination and as soon as the plane lands successfully passengers around you start to clap until virtually everyone joins in. Why are they doing this, you ask? beats me - for landing safely or for not crashing into the deep blue sea or for getting their money's worth after usurping the mini bar...I dunno. The clapping is cheesy in my opinion. I'd much prefer passengers go one by one to shake the pilot(s) for a job well done plane well-landed.

And coming in at a surprise number 8 is Irregular exercise. Make no mistake about it, Nigerians are terrified about premature death, more so than the average civilian (if that makes any sense). I've seen the most bizarre repetitions performed from kicking mid-air to punching only your left arm over the seat head in the same direction. Deep Vein thrombosis is no laughing matter so I guess all I have to do is close my eyes next time if I don't want to behold seemingly amateurish 'Kung-fu'.

on my way to china,no visa,no costum,no passengers to kill me with farting...................................

2 Likes

Re: Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Onegai(f): 11:46am On Dec 22, 2013
There's nothing wrong with the clapping, we've clapped on transatlantic flights for our soldier boys (US Marines) once they got on board (from deployment). And once, on Christmas Eve, landing at Baltimore (someone even shared sweets).

What drives me crazy is as soon as we land in Nigeria, before we're done taxi-ing, everyone switches on their phones! "Hello, Tope, are you waiting?" "Chijoke, I don land", I mean, Nigerian Immigration and Baggage is slooow, where are you rushing to?

My mum was on a Lagos-bound flight with students from the UK, see make-out session, and they got hammered. When some elderly nigerians confronted them, the most drunk out of them started acting up, did do-ba-le in the middle of the aisle and was shouting. The girls used the blanket to cover herself so she could wear her clothes back on.
Re: Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by pickabeau1: 12:25pm On Dec 22, 2013
davidylan:

you obviously don't fly often. many people, regardless of color, recline their seats as much as they can. it is a right as they purchased the seat with their hard earned money. if your kids need extra space then buy extra seats. no one owes you or your kids any consideration over legitimately paid for seats.

Superb...I believe its the former..ie no exposure
People so despise their roots they dont know its the same elsewhere
Re: Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by secretcerish: 5:20pm On Dec 22, 2013
Na over cool dey worry d op
Re: Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Segzy23: 5:45pm On Dec 22, 2013
erico2k2:
Fa fa fa fow
What air line av U gt on that was empty n ordered or asked to sit in specific manner diffrent frm what U have in ur tkt as seat number?

Dude, it doesn't have to be different from your seat number because when the computer allocates the seat number, it puts that into consideration. If you were to check-in online, you wouldn't find all the block of seats available to choose from, some would be greyed out. And yes, I have traveled on BA, Virgin and Delta airlines where they have asked people to move to some seats which were not necessarily the seat initially allocated to them
Re: Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by omocutie(f): 9:52pm On Dec 22, 2013
As for me,its d drinkin tin dat gets 2 me, dis dudes literally consume alchol like it's ice cream,and d ibo dudes (no tribalism intended) ,kai, dey check out the hostesses like babes no dey naija den dey speak ibo in loud tones..,makes me ashamed abeg..
Re: Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by tck2000(m): 11:02am On Jul 07, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Passengers Travelling To Kaduna Involved In Accident, Some Dead, Others Injured / Man Captured Performing ‘legwork’ On Top Of A Moving Danfo Bus In Lagos / Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.