Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,324 members, 7,836,391 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

Question About Nigerian Dating? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Question About Nigerian Dating? (704 Views)

10 Common Misconceptions Ladies Have About Nigerian Guys / 10 Common Misconceptions Guys Have About Nigerian Ladies / Let's Talk About Nigerian Women, Money, Sex And Fake Hair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Question About Nigerian Dating? by Dietrich92(m): 1:44am On Dec 19, 2013
Hi, I'm new here.
I'm a American but one day wishes to reconnect with the roots in Africa, travelling all over.
In my future adventure, I wish to know what would be some tips about dating in Nigeria compared to america incase I ever find my beautiful african queen along the way. grin
I do know that not every women is the same, it is always good to build a genuine connection with people whether individually or on a whole.
But in the mean-time, I just wonder what are some of the dating customs including the dos and do-nots?
Also I am glad to be here, I hope to learn alot and make plenty of friends!

P.S. NO GOLD DIGGING! Money has never made me the person I am and if you want to talk to me because I am American thinking I am loaded with money PLZ KEEP AWAY! LOL

1 Like

Re: Question About Nigerian Dating? by longthinx: 2:23am On Dec 19, 2013
You started by failing. What is your worth in ₦ and $, we arn't hungry here neither ar we ready to take fuc....g sh...t from you. Empty inflated ego.

1 Like

Re: Question About Nigerian Dating? by Nobody: 3:33am On Dec 19, 2013
Broke a-ss nigga! You got nothing, so shut it! angry

1 Like

Re: Question About Nigerian Dating? by LogansShadow: 3:50am On Dec 19, 2013
angry "if you want to talk to me coz I'm american". undecided And u also kept mentioning America as if say dem dey use am collect money for bank.
May thunder strike you back to whichever cave you crawled out from angry.

1 Like

Re: Question About Nigerian Dating? by Truckpusher(m): 5:42am On Dec 19, 2013
Damn! make una take am easy my Naija people ....una dey vex sha! cheesy

Apparently the eediot didn't ask questions about Nairalanders wella before embarking on this his failed mission grin

Meanwhile, Mr American without shishi,you miss road ni? abi cataract dun chop your eye ?

oya pack one side joor before you carry your American poverty break this my newly acquired truck.

And FYI most foreigners that comes to Nigeria thinking that getting laid is as easy as getting an NL acct. gets disappointed as they usually end up in the club and hotels running after the undesirable elements of the society even with their over sized boobs and cuvnt that has lost alignment.

When you show up in Naija ,settle down and go close to the locals of that particular area where you've decided to visit i'm dead sure that you'll get a good wife material but if you show up with this your over inflated American ego syndrome bullshiit na better polythene bag you go carry go back.

Once again welcome to NL where you'll meet almost every Nigerian character ,and ermm..please watch your tongue before they'll put you where you belong .Nigerians don't have respect for anyone that tries to put them down if you like be an Amerikpokpo or American even Alien, they only respect the fact that those who wants to go for second wave of slavery will be welcomed somehow in your country.....shikena grin

2 Likes

Re: Question About Nigerian Dating? by moonraker(m): 5:45am On Dec 19, 2013
cheesy

Sweet Jesus grin

Dear Poster, you got what was coming to you, no offense angry
Re: Question About Nigerian Dating? by Truckpusher(m): 5:46am On Dec 19, 2013
Logan's shadow:
angry "if you want to talk to me coz I'm american". undecided And u also kept mentioning America as if say dem dey use am collect money for bank.
May thunder strike you back to whichever cave you crawled out from angry.
My broda na so we see am oh grin

any monkey wey just escape from zoo ,na for naija head dem wan take shine...smh grin
Re: Question About Nigerian Dating? by kajole(m): 5:57am On Dec 19, 2013
This op must be high on some america weed

is america a name of a person, animal , place or thing?

Please answer soonest if you want us to help
tenks
Re: Question About Nigerian Dating? by greatgod2012(f): 6:25am On Dec 19, 2013
The op is not an American.
He was only catching fun.

4 Likes

Re: Question About Nigerian Dating? by kajole(m): 6:28am On Dec 19, 2013
greatgod2012: The op is not an American.

who asked you?

Busy body
Re: Question About Nigerian Dating? by kajole(m): 6:29am On Dec 19, 2013
Re: Question About Nigerian Dating? by Enegod(m): 6:55am On Dec 19, 2013
mayapop: Broke a-ss nigga! You got nothing, so shut it! angry
those huge mountains popping outta your chest are damn hot!!!
Re: Question About Nigerian Dating? by Nobody: 6:58am On Dec 19, 2013
@op you american so what,stay in your first dumb world,we nigerians and don't take crap and being american doesn't mean yall got nothing on us nigerian,we known for our bravery and intelligence worldwide,you could interpret it in your own context but we smart so don't come on here and advertise your america ignorant attitude shittt.
Re: Question About Nigerian Dating? by Nomski0(f): 8:49am On Dec 19, 2013
Op, deflate your ego, it's going to cost you a lot. undecided
Re: Question About Nigerian Dating? by safarigirl(f): 9:09am On Dec 19, 2013
Nomski0: Op, deflate your ego, it's going to cost you a lot. undecided
I don't think he meant to sound arrogant. That comment may have been over-looked by other people, but on NL.... How you dey?
Re: Question About Nigerian Dating? by Nomski0(f): 9:18am On Dec 19, 2013
safarigirl: I don't think he meant to sound arrogant. That comment may have been over-looked by other people, but on NL.... How you dey?

I dey o. Harmattan just dey punish person.sad

You nko?
Re: Question About Nigerian Dating? by safarigirl(f): 9:41am On Dec 19, 2013
The thing never do you as e dey do me, I dey wear sweater on top sweater.
Nomski0:

I dey o. Harmattan just dey punish person.sad

You nko?
Re: Question About Nigerian Dating? by Dannylux: 9:57am On Dec 19, 2013
Truckpusher: Damn! make una take am easy my Naija people ....una dey vex sha! cheesy

Apparently the eediot didn't ask questions about Nairalanders wella before embarking on this his failed mission grin

Meanwhile, Mr American without shishi,you miss road ni? abi cataract dun chop your eye ?

oya pack one side joor before you carry your American poverty break this my newly acquired truck.

And FYI most foreigners that comes to Nigeria thinking that getting laid is as easy as getting an NL acct. gets disappointed as they usually end up in the club and hotels running after the undesirable elements of the society even with their over sized boobs and cuvnt that has lost alignment.

When you show up in Naija ,settle down and go close to the locals of that particular area where you've decided to visit i'm dead sure that you'll get a good wife material but if you show up with this your over inflated American ego syndrome bullshiit na better polythene bag you go carry go back.

Once again welcome to NL where you'll meet almost every Nigerian character ,and ermm..please watch your tongue before they'll put you where you belong .Nigerians don't have respect for anyone that tries to put them down if you like be an Amerikpokpo or American even Alien, they only respect the fact that those who wants to go for second wave of slavery will be welcomed somehow in your country.....shikena grin

Blood of jisos cheesy

Re: Question About Nigerian Dating? by Dietrich92(m): 5:06pm On Dec 19, 2013
WOAH! Plz no hate! I meant no offense to anybody here!

I didn't mean to sound mighty mighty, I am far from that. I don't need a ego, I don't care about sex.
I was really genuinely asking for genuine advice, to learn. Why do u all accuse me of such things?
I am sorry once again.
Re: Question About Nigerian Dating? by Dietrich92(m): 5:19pm On Dec 19, 2013
I only mentioned being American as a way to introduce myself and I was wrong for the way that I have introduced myself in.
I wasn't trying to offend anyone.
I was really only wanting to learn about dating customs, NOT GETTING LAID. Sex is irrelevant, that too does not make me a man.
I am actually looking for developing a genuine connection, but all you guys see was "OH I AM A STUPID EGOTISTICAL AMERICAN IM BETTER THAN U" and all start attacking me!
I don't care about nun of that stuff, I just mentioned the money thing so that way I don't have people talk to me for the wrong reasons.
Is genuine friendship too much to ask? cry
Re: Question About Nigerian Dating? by safarigirl(f): 5:32pm On Dec 19, 2013
Dietrich92: I only mentioned being American as a way to introduce myself and I was wrong for the way that I have introduced myself in.
I wasn't trying to offend anyone.
I was really only wanting to learn about dating customs, NOT GETTING LAID. Sex is irrelevant, that too does not make me a man.
I am actually looking for developing a genuine connection, but all you guys see was "OH I AM A STUPID EGOTISTICAL AMERICAN IM BETTER THAN U" and all start attacking me!
I don't care about nun of that stuff, I just mentioned the money thing so that way I don't have people talk to me for the wrong reasons.
Is genuine friendship too much to ask? cry
I assume this is an apology, if yes, apology accepted. You should watch what you say here cuz it's easily misinterpreted. On your question, dating here is done a little differently and sorry but your accent may leave you at a disadvantage, people will view you in 2 ways: a former(pretender) or a mugu(gullible person). Better the former than the latter. Generally, if you get lucky, you may find someone who sees you for you, it's just a matter of sorting the rice from the chaff, you'll get as lucky as the ajegbos (rich kids). PS. Don't go about telling people you're American to avoid trouble. Good luck

1 Like

Re: Question About Nigerian Dating? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Dec 19, 2013
Enegod: those huge mountains popping outta your chest are damn hot!!!
waka!
Re: Question About Nigerian Dating? by Dietrich92(m): 5:45pm On Dec 19, 2013
safarigirl: I assume this is an apology, if yes, apology accepted. You should watch what you say here cuz it's easily misinterpreted. On your question, dating here is done a little differently and sorry but your accent may leave you at a disadvantage, people will view you in 2 ways: a former(pretender) or a mugu(gullible person). Better the former than the latter. Generally, if you get lucky, you may find someone who sees you for you, it's just a matter of sorting the rice from the chaff, you'll get as lucky as the ajegbos (rich kids). PS. Don't go about telling people you're American to avoid trouble. Good luck

I truly thank you. I need all the luck I can get.

(1) (Reply)

HELP: We Love Each Other, But We Fight All The Time / Would You Kill A Lady Who Infect You With Hiv / Removed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.