Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,975 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:38 AM

Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn (39149 Views)

Nigeria’s GDP To Hit $2trn By 2030, If… —lai Mohammed. / Nigeria's Economy is Among The Largest in the World, says Jonathan / Igbo Tribe Is The Largest In Nigeria! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by patriotic007: 11:21pm On Dec 20, 2013
Nigeria need power badly,....4000MW is too poor for 167million people,.....Nigeria need Good and modern roads,Modern rail tracks and state of the art airports and above all,,,,,Nigeria needs at least 10 refinaries,....With all this in place we the masses can take it from there,....People saying Nigerians leave below 1 dollar per day are liar,....Even public transport for the poor is about 50naira per 2 kilometer average,....even road side food that will satisfy you will not cost less that 100naira per meal,.....the least credit recharge in Nigeria is 100naira,.....So how come they say an average nigerian lives below 1dollar(167naira)daily,....thats a big lie

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by gsalvatore: 11:22pm On Dec 20, 2013
617aircav:

If in 2014 power is not yet sorted out, do you actually believe that it will ever be sorted out?
i believe it will be sorted out bro....i personally think its the only magic GEJ will perform for next campaign....power has improved considerably in the east...though there are more work to be done.

GEJ is trying just that nobody is going to jail, i mean a somebody needs to go to jail.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by Nobody: 11:23pm On Dec 20, 2013
gsalvatore: HAHAHAHAHAHAAHHA.....Is that the point you want to drop? how government dish out handouts? you are a genius.

Yes, mr ignoroumus, for a country to starve there should be no direct financial benefits recorded. Now tell me how nigerians base their superior poverty status without credible fincial gain?

Yes a government that affords to give an allowance to its citizens to soften poverty means they can afford. Is it not what many nigerians run to the UK even in SA to take advantage of and even scam the systen claiming the same handouts?
Stlaela!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by CHIMSKY(m): 11:24pm On Dec 20, 2013
kmariko: Nigeria’s economy largest in Africa as rebasing boosts GDP to $405bn

December 19, 2013 | Filed under: main story | Author: PATRICK ATUANYA

In about three weeks from now, when the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) releases the rebased Gross Domestic Product (GDP) it will show that Nigeria has overtaken South Africa as Africa’s largest economy, which will have great economic and geopolitical implications.

This is according to emerging markets focused investment banking firm Renaissance Capital, whose team of analysts were in Abuja, over the weekend.

“We are revising up our estimate of Nigeria’s GDP by 53 percent. The NBS has nearly completed its work, and our new estimate is that a 45 percent to 60 percent uplift is likely, and we are taking 53 percent as the mid-point figure. We expect the data in January,” said Renaissance Capital analysts led by Charles Robertson, its global chief economist and head of macro strategy, in a research report released yesterday (Dec 18).

“This means Nigeria, at $405 bn in 2013 would be the largest economy in Africa, ahead of South Africa at around $370 bn.”

Other impacts of the rebasing include the possible reduction of growth rates to 5 – 6 percent from 6 – 7 percent, and an increase in GDP per capita to $2,400 from around $1,700, in essence moving Nigeria into middle income economy territory.

“Sectors that may show the biggest upward revision range from Nollywood to IT and telecoms, while we think agriculture will shrink from around 40 percent of GDP to 25 – 30 percent of GDP,” said Robertson.

The rebasing will show public debt shrinking to 13 percent of GDP from 20 percent of GDP. Public external debt would be below 2 percent of GDP, while the current account surplus may still be 5 percent of GDP which will leave the sovereign in a good position to borrow if needed.

According to Rencap “In a Fed tapering world, these revisions make Nigeria look good, but credit rating upgrades (Ba3/BB-) are likely to be constrained by the most competitive presidential elections Nigeria will have seen since democracy returned in the 1990s.”

The NBS is seeking to change the calculations of Nigeria’s GDP, using a new base year of 2010 to give a better indication of the size and composition of its economy.

Most governments overhaul GDP calculations every few years to reflect changes in output and consumption, such as telecoms, financial services and internet usage, but Nigeria has not done so since 1990 (about 23 years) suggesting that the previous GDP framework underestimated economic activity.

The numbers will have new implications for investors and the geopolitics of Nigeria’s place in Africa.

“We would be very surprised if recent and pending investment decisions are taken on the basis of the 1990 national accounts,” said FBN capital research analysts led by Gregory Kronsten, in a note released in August.

“The new GDP series will however be tracked by potential investors, such as suppliers of consumer goods and services,” Kronsten said.

Nigeria already hosts the second largest debt and stock markets in Africa, behind South Africa.

Its stock market is valued at $77 billion, while the secondary market bond trading volumes, ”certainly exceed those of Egypt and Morocco and represent around 20 percent of South Africa’s turnover,” according to Samir Gadio, an emerging markets strategist, at Standard Bank, in London.

Overall – Nigeria’s debt, budget and current account ratios will look among the best in Africa and in the emerging markets (EM), once the rebased figures are released, notes Robertson.

“We like Nigeria in the coming quarter – though we see domestic bond yields up a little, at around 13.5 percent on average. Nigeria is going to rise from 14 percent of MSCI frontier markets to around 20 percent in May 2014 which could attract equity investors wanting exposure to frontiers and/or Africa. We expect the NGN to remain at 160/$ until June 2014. But we are still nervous for the second half of 2014,” Robertson said.

By: PATRICK ATUANYA
Businessday 12/19/2013
Plus ca change,plus ca reste le meme.
The more things change,the more they stay the same.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by OmoTier1(m): 11:26pm On Dec 20, 2013
BetaThings: Why we are having this argument on politics is difficult to understand
The rebasing has nothing to do with Jonathan's performance
Nigeria growth rate has reduced to slightly less than 7%
That is what Jonathan should be credited with and you can multiply it by 3 on a compounded basis (2010 - 2013, 3 years)

But Nigeria depends largely on foreign aid. Our fight against HIV has been funded largely by foreign donor agencies
A lot of these will stop with a larger GDP. Nobody should forget that

This is one several articles by Soludo

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/learning-the-wrong-lessons-of-development-3-/152720/
Let those local and bastardized praise singer continue to mention GEJ's name as if He had anything to do with it. In fact, He has mis-managed the economy, else by now we would have been posting a GDP of about $650bn according to 2005 estimates, assuming an annual growth rate of 12%.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by OmoTier1(m): 11:29pm On Dec 20, 2013
BluIvy:

Yes, mr ignoroumus, for a country to starve there should be no direct financial benefits recorded. Now tell me how nigerians base their superior poverty status without credible fincial gain?

Yes a government that affords to give an allowance to its citizens to soften poverty means they can afford. Is it not what many nigerians run to the UK even in SA to take advantage of and even scam the systen claiming the same handouts?
Stlaela!
Absolute trash! If you do not know, those countries claiming welfare state are a ticking time bomb waiting to explode and SA is one of them. Only countries with production capacity driven GDP are the real economies and that is why Nigeria's revised GDP figures will be a welcome boost to most investors because it confirms what many analyst have always believed that Nigeria has since grown from a lower to middle income country. This growth is down to the resilience of the Nigerian people.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by erictoonice: 11:32pm On Dec 20, 2013
GDP is crap wetin concern me Na standard of life, jst Cos India, China, and some other overpopulated country has high GDP than countries like Germany, France, Norway, and many other advanced countries doesn't mean they are doing better, let me ask all of u ranting, if them give u china and India visa for free una go go we want to see real development, how graduates can get jobs after school, how one van love comfortably and not looking at ur neighbour as a super rich man cos he manage to own substandard house and a second hand car. infrastructure,.electricity, industries, good education and good life is wat we need not some figures that won't translate to anything. how can a country in the 21st century not have power and want to compare them selves with people
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by Nobody: 11:36pm On Dec 20, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Absolute trash! If you do not know, those countries claiming welfare state are a ticking time bomb waiting to explode and SA is one of them. Only countries with production capacity driven GDP are the real economies and that is why Nigeria's revised GDP figures will be a welcome boost to most investors because it confirms what many analyst have always believed that Nigeria has since grown from a lower to middle income country. This growth is down to the resilience of the Nigerian people.

Mr do not spew your dreams trash based rubbish. The fact remains they are welfare states and Nigeria is not. They feed their poor whether in your dreams they will bomb out. Please Nigeria has been coming for the better half of the 21st century, they are still not there. You all continue to pour out like sickness induced vomit to get to other countries to make better life. So lets talk when they are bombed out for now, SA cannot be be more impoverished than Nigeria.

You must learn to answer to the question and not go on a tangent. You will be a certified failure in life if you continue
with answering what you jave not be asked! Olodo
By the way resiliance my azz, no investor choose a country to invest in based on resiliance but on how the government takes care of its citizen. No one wants starving workers who going turn and steal from his company to survive.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by OmoTier1(m): 11:53pm On Dec 20, 2013
BluIvy:

Mr do not spew your dreams trash based rubbish. The fact remains they are welfare states and Nigeria is not. They feed their poor whether in your dreams they will bomb out. Please Nigeria has been coming for the better half of the 21st century, they are still not there. You all continue to pour out like sickness induced vomit to get to other countries to make better life. So lets talk when they are bombed out for now, SA cannot be be more impoverished than Nigeria.

You must learn to answer to the question and not go on a tangent. You will be a certified failure in life if you continue
with answering what you jave not be asked! Olodo
By the way resiliance my azz, no investor choose a country to invest in based on resiliance but on how the government takes care of its citizen. No one wants starving workers who going turn and steal from his company to survive.

If you are truly a South African, then I can't weep for you because your economy is going no where! Even Zimbabwe is will be a more reqarding destination for investment than SA.

Don't cry me river because Nigeria's economy has surpassed that of South Africa. You talk about Nigerians leaving in droves, maybe I need to remind you that whilst there are element of truth in that, even in the 1960s when our economy was at par with that of most countries in the world, Nigerians still toured the world.

The st.upid welfare system in SA is a ruse and a smoke screen. I have several of your colleagues here working under me and I know too well your SA like the back of my palms.

You should be more worried that the top performing companies in SA are now pumping their investment offshore because returns from the ventures is SA is akin to a man pouring water through a sieve.

So let Nigeria and Nigerians be. We are not competing with South Africa, We know who our mates are and with purposeful leadership, South Africa will be competing with Northern Nigeria alone in less than 20 years from now.

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by manny4life(m): 11:53pm On Dec 20, 2013
taharqa:

Nigeria is now d LARGEST ECONOMY in Africa under President Goodluck Jonathan. The Economy increased from around $59bn in 1999 to more than $400bn in 2013 (ie it Expanded about 8 times in a mere 14yr period) unda his Party's leadership; And the growth and diversification of d Economy is still on apace.

Now DIE!!...

No be small die o... As in 100ft death in the pit of hell grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by Lildreezy(m): 11:53pm On Dec 20, 2013
taharqa:

Nigeria is now d LARGEST ECONOMY in Africa under President Goodluck Jonathan. The Economy increased from around $59bn in 1999 to more than $400bn in 2013 (ie it Expanded about 8 times in a mere 14yr period) unda his Party's leadership; And the growth and diversification of d Economy is still on apace.

Now DIE!!...

oga don't decieve yourself please, as much as you think GEJ is responsible for this growth, he has a little or no hand in it, if's all based on innovative ideas, the doggedness of faith-filled investors, and the vast human and natural resources naija has. Thats why no matter how corrupt out leaders are, naija will still grow. The private sector pushes the growth, the onus now lies on the federal Govt to drive development.

If u think Jona is responsible for the fast growth, tell me what major policy or thing has he done to spur just 40percent of the growth

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by manny4life(m): 11:58pm On Dec 20, 2013
Lildreezy:
oga don't decieve yourself please, as much as you think GEJ is responsible for this growth, he has a little or no hand in it, if's all based on innovative ideas, the doggedness of faith-filled investors, and the vast human and natural resources naija has. Thats why no matter how corrupt out leaders are, naija will still grow. The private sector pushes the growth, the onus now lies on the federal Govt to drive development.

If u think Jona is responsible for the fast growth, tell me what major policy or thing has he done to spur just 40percent of the growth

It's God that will have mercy on you people.

When he was fixing the roads to improve transportation across the nation, isn't that part of infrastructural development spurring growth.

When he ensured that Bulk Trader came online, PHCN dissolved and TCN under Manitoba begins, is that to make sure that power improves, won't that be called infrastructural development helping the economy

When he made policies favoring the agricultural sector, todar Nigeria has 15 large rice mill producing millions of tons of rice, reducing export and strengthening our economy, also with the fertilizer and small grant initiative, saving that outflow of FOREX, hasn't that helped our economy.

And the list is ENDLESS

Don't let hate blind your eyes o...

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by OmoTier1(m): 12:01am On Dec 21, 2013
erictoonice: GDP is crap wetin concern me Na standard of life, jst Cos India, China, and some other overpopulated country has high GDP than countries like Germany, France, Norway, and many other advanced countries doesn't mean they are doing better, let me ask all of u ranting, if them give u china and India visa for free una go go we want to see real development, how graduates can get jobs after school, how one van love comfortably and not looking at ur neighbour as a super rich man cos he manage to own substandard house and a second hand car. infrastructure,.electricity, industries, good education and good life is wat we need not some figures that won't translate to anything. how can a country in the 21st century not have power and want to compare them selves with people

India has one of the highest levels of poverty in the world, yet is the ninth largest economy in the World. No doubt, if Brazil could fix their electricity problem within 10years with a purposeful leadership, Nigeria can do the same and will do the same.

Nigerians are innovative and entrepreneurial people and their resilience is propping the economy up. Does it surprise you that foreign companies are now partnering with local companies to create mega enterprise with billions being invested in manufacturing or assembly plants?

This is because the average Nigerian who have been able to make more money available in His pocket through various legitimate self survival means is now being seen by these investors as having extra to spend on consumables hence one of the reason the are now coming back to invest.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by Nobody: 12:05am On Dec 21, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

If you are truly a South African, then I can't weep for you because your economy is going no where! Even Zimbabwe is will be a more reqarding destination for investment than SA.

Don't cry me river because Nigeria's economy has surpassed that of South Africa. You talk about Nigerians leaving in droves, maybe I need to remind you that whilst there are element of truth in that, even in the 1960s when our economy was at par with that of most countries in the world, Nigerians still toured the world.

The st.upid welfare system in SA is a ruse and a smoke screen. I have several of your colleagues here working under me and I know too well your SA like the back of my palms.

You should be more worried that the top performing companies in SA are now pumping their investment offshore because returns from the ventures is SA is akin to a man pouring water through a sieve.

So let Nigeria and Nigerians be. We are not competing with South Africa, We know who our mates are and with purposeful leadership, South Africa will be competing with Northern Nigeria alone in less than 20 years from now.

What stupppid company would hire an olodo like you. You still reminice about the good old days? So are many countries. I am not SAn but I stay in SA. You on the other hand are still dreaming and hoping for things to go bad in twenty years. Do not forget Nigerian life span is short some of the commentators here would long gone when that happens. Please give them hope talk about tommorow, next eeek, month, year, 5 years do not give us your twenty years wish. I would fire you if you worked in my company. You are glorified dummbness!

South Africa does not compete with Nigeria no one will even date care even if you would surpose the GDP what counts is what it means for your overpopulated slum of a country. Remenber SA has only 50 million vs Nigerian 170million population count. The rest is for you to calculate Mr Oga on top!

By the way any olodo is a super being in a faceless internet. Uk, SA everyone can say they are anyway even heaven. Stupendous show off, very much nigerian.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by Nobody: 12:08am On Dec 21, 2013
bluivy again.... do you eat at all?
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by Lildreezy(m): 12:09am On Dec 21, 2013
Zer0:

90% living in abject povert. Lol.

Just someone once argued that Nigeria had it better in the seventies when things were cheap blah blah blah. And i asked him how many people owned a car in his street or could afford technology and he kept mute.

I think it's time we all become responsible and don't distort facts with ignorance.

The economic team of Jonathan's government has done credibly well and better than every other, i may not completely agree with GEJ's politics, but his economics is surely sound. The facts are there. Policies have been made to grow and stabilize the growth of our economy but we need to translate these policies to infrastructures. Which i believe should be the focus of the government within the next two fiscal years.

Development is not done on the pages of newspapers and good PR. The people living within and below poverty lines are actually a fraction of the numbers you guys peddle.

I am an economist and can authoritatively explain how these numbers will translate to improvement in your everyday life only if you wish to understand and not trivalize or politicize it.

We live in a better country today (economically). I know some people are so desperate to blinside Nigerians on how well we are faring. But we surely never had it better for a very long time.

u just said what was on my mind... Sanusi, Okonjo-iweala and deziani-madueke(even though shez corrupt) are doing well, But GEJ needs 2 put infrastruvture on ground, this coupled with the economic formula of this growth will bring nigeria 2 d starting line of realizing her potentials as africas Giant. As for now, development should complement growth, and please lets be frank, Its fucking slow.. Very slow, a lot should have being achieved if lootings and malpractices hadnt taken place in high places.. That's were i blame GEJz leadership..
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by OmoTier1(m): 12:12am On Dec 21, 2013
manny4life:

When he was fixing the roads to improve transportation across the nation, isn't that part of infrastructural development spurring growth.

When he ensured that Bulk Trader came online, PHCN dissolved and TCN under Manitoba begins, is that to make sure that power improves, won't that be called infrastructural development helping the economy

When he made policies favoring the agricultural sector, todar Nigeria has 15 large rice mill producing millions of tons of rice, reducing export and strengthening our economy, also with the fertilizer and small grant initiative, saving that outflow of FOREX, hasn't that helped our economy.

And the list is ENDLESS

Year 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012
Ranking 52 47 38 37 34 31 31 30

This table of the trend in global ranking of Nigeria should tell you how your puppet Jonathan has dragged the nation backwards! Since 2010, we only made 1% point gain Compare that to the era 2005 to 2008, nearly 20% point gained!
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by Nobody: 12:13am On Dec 21, 2013
scipher: bluivy again.... do you eat at all?

What? I have not been here for two days. Wetin? lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by nduchucks: 12:14am On Dec 21, 2013
Kairoseki77:

Without getting too technical, a key part of how we calculate our GDP is by looking at a "base year" and then seeing how much things have changed since then.

Most countries update this "base year" every five years. Pretty much every country does actually.

Nigeria's current base year is 1990. Or 23 years ago!

When the base year is too old, the GDP calculations will always be wrong.

To develop a base year requires hard work, you have to survey they entire country and try to piece together the size of the entire economy.

PS - Ghana recently changed her base year from 1993 to 2006, and their GDP "grew" by 60%. This doesn't mean that their economy actually grew, it just means that their GDP calculations are now more accurate. The old calculations were missing 60% of the economy. No one became richer, the numbers were just off.

Your explanation is appreciated, thanks a lot. Given some of the responses, one would have thought that the possible higher GDP figure would have been due to exceptional overseeing of the economy by the current administration and a reflection of significant economic growth.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by manny4life(m): 12:14am On Dec 21, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

Year 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012
Ranking 52 47 38 37 34 31 31 30

This table of the trend in global ranking of Nigeria should tell you how your puppet Jonathan has dragged the nation backwards! Since 2010, we only made 1% point gain Compare that to the era 2005 to 2008, nearly 20% point gained!

What in the world are you blabbing at?

Dude, stick your bs to @bluivy and the rest, ain't no one got time for you.. angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by Sagamite(m): 12:15am On Dec 21, 2013
Henry120:

My friend shut up that your filthy dirty mouth. The fact that you and your family live on a dollar a day and in abject poverty, doesn't mean the rest of the population do.

People make this silly claim that 90% of nigerians live on 1 dollar a day, yet the number of L.G and samsung show rooms keep increasing in my neighbourhood. How are these one dollar population able to afford them?

I see you are redundant, however it would be foolhardy to drag in the rest of the population into your pathetic state of redundancy.

You are a person!

And those that clicked like to your silly post are fucktards.

Continue moronically denying majority of Nigerians live in abject poverty.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by leofab(f): 12:16am On Dec 21, 2013
munky:

I think we should tell ourselves the truth. More than half of Nigerians are well below the poverty line. In Nigeria hotels pay attendants 10,000 Naira a month. salesgirls are paid 7000 Naira. I see truck pushers, pkof pkof sellers, ice cream sellers etc. these people don't earn more than 15000 Naira a month. Forget all these lies thats been peddled around. The reality on ground is so dire. parents are fending for grown men and women. We can argue back and forth about all these, but I know all these are just paper development. I believe if we have stable electricity and security Nigeria will be really great but till then lets be honest with ourselves
Your name says it all{monkey} some one earning #15000 per month...divide #15000 by 31 and convert to dollars.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by manny4life(m): 12:16am On Dec 21, 2013
ndu_chucks:

Your explanation is appreciated, thanks a lot. Given some of the responses, one would have thought that the possible higher GDP figure would have been due to exceptional overseeing of the economy by the current administration and a reflection of significant economic growth.

If it wasn't exceptional and was stagnant, would there have been any difference?
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by Lildreezy(m): 12:16am On Dec 21, 2013
manny4life:

And the list is ENDLESS

lmao, sorry sir, but did you get behind these facts well, i like GEJ, as a matter of fact, i'l prefer if power remains in his hands till someone better points, so am not hating.
What i mean is very simple, GEJ needs to do more, he has the capability to do more, rome wasnt built in a day, but rome wasnt also built in 500million years, there was political will and passion to develop rome.
Even with the agric loan, blah blah, agriculturez still comatose, Health sector is dead waiting to be buried, Roads are being rehabilitated(Good), what happens to the ones that needs 2 be built? Education, if not for ASUU'z intervention'l still be a mess,
jonathan might as well be the best president since the era of zik, but he's just too slow... Too sloww...
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by Nobody: 12:17am On Dec 21, 2013
BluIvy:

What? I have not been here for two days. Wetin? lipsrsealed
I'll find you and put you out of your miseries..

where in SA are you? smiley
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by manny4life(m): 12:19am On Dec 21, 2013
Lildreezy:

lmao, sorry sir, but did you get behind these facts well, i like GEJ, as a matter of fact, i'l prefer if power remains in his hands till someone better points, so am not hating.
What i mean is very simple, GEJ needs to do more, he has the capability to do more, rome wasnt built in a day, but rome wasnt also built in 500million years, there was political will and passion to develop rome.
Even with the agric loan, blah blah, agriculturez still comatose, Health sector is dead waiting to be buried, Roads are being rehabilitated(Good), what happens to the ones that needs 2 be built? Education, if not for ASUU'z intervention'l still be a mess,
jonathan might as well be the best president since the era of zik, but he's just too slow... Too sloww...

How is he supposed to do more with little resources? Is it on Nigeria's $31billion annual budget that miracles would happen overnight. If he borrows, Nigerians and opposition will complain, if he doesn't, they would accuse him of being a lame duck... Like you said, Rome wasn't built in a day and as such, things will take its course at the right time. He may be slow to action on certain things, but he sure knows what he's doing.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by OmoTier1(m): 12:20am On Dec 21, 2013
BluIvy:

What stupppid company would hire an olodo like you. You still reminice about the good old days? So are many countries. I am not SAn but I stay in SA. You on the other hand are still dreaming and hoping for things to go bad in twenty years. Do not forget Nigerian life span is short some of the commentators here would long gone when that happens. Please give them hope talk about tommorow, next eeek, month, year, 5 years do not give us your twenty years wish. I would fire you if you worked in my company. You are glorified dummbness!

South Africa does not compete with Nigeria no one will even date care even if you would surpose the GDP what counts is what it means for your overpopulated slum of a country. Remenber SA has only 50 million vs Nigerian 170million population count. The rest is for you to calculate Mr Oga on top!

By the way any olodo is a super being in a faceless internet. Uk, SA everyone can say they are anyway even heaven. Stupendous show off, very much nigerian.
The fact that you cannot type coherent sentences says much about you! We Nigerians, both home and abroad know our challenges and are confronting them.

FYI, we do not believe the stu.pid stats you people throw around because we Nigerians know what the real deal is.

Shame on you for denying who you are! Typical black SA who has an inferiority complex till date.

I really do not know why you SA are so scared of the wealth of Nigerians? Even here in the UK, you people come over lash unto the every goodies yet are one of the known foreigners that have contributed less to the UK economy.

Like I told you, Nigeria has surpassed South Africa in GDP, so go cry me a river! You economy will continue to shrink because it is based on false premise of voodoo economics!

Since 2010, has your GDP grown above 3%? Have you asked yourself why this is the case? Year on year your GDP are in the lower bottom

Abeg.. go and cool yourself with this http://mg.co.za/article/2013-11-26-south-africas-economic-growth-slows-to-four-year-low-of-07

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by OmoTier1(m): 12:21am On Dec 21, 2013
manny4life:

What in the world are you blabbing at?

Dude, stick your bs to @bluivy and the rest, ain't no one got time for you.. angry angry angry
Ah... i knew like your local praise singer counterpart truth is like a salt poured on your blood! It makes you thick
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by Nobody: 12:22am On Dec 21, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
The fact that you cannot type coherent sentences says much about you! We Nigerians, both home and abroad know our challenges and are confronting them.

FYI, we do not believe the stu.pid stats you people throw around because we Nigerians know what the real deal is.

Shame on you for denying who you are! Typical black SA who has an inferiority complex till date.

I really do not know why you SA are so scared of the wealth of Nigerians? Even here in the UK, you people come over lash unto the every goodies yet are one of the known foreigners that have contributed less to the UK economy.

Like I told you, Nigeria has surpassed South Africa in GDP, so go cry me a river! You economy will continue to shrink because it is based on false premise of voodoo economics!

Since 2010, has your GDP grown above 3%? Have you asked yourself why this is the case? Year on year your GDP are in the lower bottom

Abeg.. go and cool yourself with this http://mg.co.za/article/2013-11-26-south-africas-economic-growth-slows-to-four-year-low-of-07
blame ANC lol
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by manny4life(m): 12:23am On Dec 21, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Ah... i knew like your local praise singer counterpart truth is like a salt poured on your blood! It makes you thick

Dude, what part of "Manny doesn't give two fuccks about anything you gat to say", truth or lies, I DON'T CARE. Stick this message in your head... I DON'T CARE. cool cool
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by nduchucks: 12:25am On Dec 21, 2013
manny4life:

If it wasn't exceptional and was stagnant, would there have been any difference?

You come across as someone who needs additional education on this matter. Your question is quite elementary.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by OmoTier1(m): 12:25am On Dec 21, 2013
manny4life:

Dude, what part of "Manny doesn't give two fuccks about anything you gat to say", truth or lies, I DON'T CARE. Stick this message in your head... I DON'T CARE. cool cool
Hehe.. as usual.. the bubble don burst! Truth is light, it will penetrate any darkness.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Hilliard Eta Takes Over As Acting Chairman, Names Uzodinma Edo Primary Chair / Switzerland Gives Nigeria Conditions For Returning $321m Abacha Loot / Gunmen Behead A Policeman In Rivers, Burn 2 Patrol Vehicles, Destroy Checkpoints

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.