Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,862 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland (4208 Views)

I Repent From All Forms Of Tribalism And Bigotry Today / Sahara Reporters Accuse Buhari Of Tribalism Over NIMASA DG Controversy / Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by Lilimax(f): 3:14pm On Dec 19, 2013
phantom: silly post!

Next time don't quote me to write such crap okay sad.
Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by DerideGull(m): 3:24pm On Dec 19, 2013
shymexx: Whining again, ain't ya? undecided

I knew something was amiss, then boom, I checked the thread you cited and I had a good laugh - HYSTERICAL!!

I'd say I'm absolutely proud of the Yoruba e-warriors, you made my day.

However, till I see: "Igbo's are either uncultured or cannibalistic" on google search as the most populated entry, just the same way Igbo's populated google's servers with "Yoruba's are dirty" - I'd say you're still losing.

Keep the fire burning!! cool grin tongue

Shalom!! cool

bittyend,

You can do better than the above conjectural crap. I do not think a group of people that invented gbomogbomo and other forms of atrocities could be termed as cultured. grin grin grin

I know a section of Nigeria were first son was buried with his highly placed father in the society. It has suddenly changed to eating the heart of deceased father by the surviving son before the later could be enthroned. grin grin grin
Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by dayokanu(m): 3:25pm On Dec 19, 2013
1. Attack the opponent

2. Boast about being the best in the world

3. Opponent replies with a bigger crushing blow

4. Whine about how much force was used in crushing you

5. Blame any convenient opponent leader (Awolowo, Tinubu, Fashola Adekunle etc)

6. Start all over

I guess we are in stage 4 now

5 Likes

Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by phantom(m): 3:26pm On Dec 19, 2013
Lilimax:
Next time don't quote me to write such crap okay sad.
i felt ashamed quoting you but i had to for the greater good..grin
Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by Howmanage: 3:27pm On Dec 19, 2013
phantom: but dont take it too serious..lol.in real life many of the posters here wont dare make their opinions known.i have cousins who are married to yorubas.some of my very good friends are yorubas.outside the south east and maybe some parts of the south south, the south west is were igbos marry the most from.but like you said the fear is for kids who come in here and pick up these negatives.
it must be clear to everyone that igbo nation and yoruba nation love each other sometimes secretly, on NL its like this warped romance cheesy. Kinda like that Somali guy crushing on everything Nairaland but too ashamed to admit it! But seriously, lets take the communication levels here on NL up a notch please
Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by DerideGull(m): 3:27pm On Dec 19, 2013
dayokanu: 1. Attack the opponent

6. Start all over

Dayolodo,
I know it will take seconds before you arrive with your silly Ogbomoso illogicality.

4 Likes

Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by phantom(m): 3:29pm On Dec 19, 2013
Howmanage: it must be clear to everyone that igbo nation and yoruba nation love each other sometimes secretly, on NL its like this warped romance cheesy. Kinda like that Somali guy crushing on everything Nairaland but too ashamed to admit it! But seriously, lets take the communication levels here on NL up a notch please
gringrin ..i love this post!
Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by Nobody: 3:29pm On Dec 19, 2013
DementedlyDull:

bittyend,

You can do better than the above conjectural crap. I do not think that group of people who invented gbomogbomo and other forms of atrocities could be termed as cultured. grin grin grin

I know a section of Nigeria were first son was buried with his highly placed father in the society. It has suddenly changed to eating the heart of deceased father by the serving son before later could be enthroned. grin grin grin

I know of a tribe running around stark naked in 1913 - and a region where cannibalistic feasts were rampant till 1921, from the West of Onitsha in Asaba - all the way to almost every part, East of Onitsha. I didn't make it up, I read about it on an academic link posted on nairaland. I did a scholarship on it, and found out that everything there is the truth and nothing but the truth. So what say you, Mr-shrapnel-stuck-in-my-skull-since-the-civil-war?

God forgives, I don't!

1 Like

Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by Lilimax(f): 3:33pm On Dec 19, 2013
phantom: i felt ashamed quoting you but i had to for the greater good..grin
Which good ?
Face front jare angry
Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by dayokanu(m): 3:35pm On Dec 19, 2013
DerideGull:

Dayolodo,
I know it will take seconds before you arrive with your silly Ogbomoso illogicality.

Dendemoron , How far now? You no travel abi internet don dey alaibo now?

1 Like

Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by dayokanu(m): 3:36pm On Dec 19, 2013
shymexx:

I know of a tribe running around stark naked in 1913 - and a region where cannibalistic feasts were rampant till 1921, from the West of Onitsha in Asaba - all the way to almost every part, East of Onitsha. I didn't make it up, I read about it on an academic link posted on nairaland. I did a scholarship on it, and found out that everything there is the truth and nothing but the truth. So what say you, Mr-shrapnel-stuck-in-my-skull-since-the-civil-war?

God forgives, I don't!

Where is the link to what you read on the internet?

Or is it this one?

http://www.heretical.com/cannibal/nigeria.html
Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by Nobody: 3:37pm On Dec 19, 2013
All blame should be directed to Seun...He is indirectly in support of tribalism if not he would have taken drastic step to at least control it.....There was a mod, a no nonsense mod that tried his best to curb tribalism, unfortunately he was frustrated out of this forum....Die hard tribalist dreaded him like fire...They know him....This senseless tribalism on this forum must stop...#saynototribalism#
Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by DerideGull(m): 3:37pm On Dec 19, 2013
shymexx:

I know of a tribe running around stark naked in 1913 - and a region where cannibalistic feasts were rampant till 1921, from the West of Onitsha in Asaba - all the way to almost every part, East of Onitsha. I didn't make it up, I read about it from an academic link posted on nairaland. I did a scholarship on it, and found out that everything there is the truth and nothing but the truth. So what say you, Mr-shrapnel-stuck-in-skull-since-the-civil-war?

Shyman

It is good to hear you just did a scholastic review on the crap you vomited above. In my case, I lived in Yoruba land and in some cases passed as Omo-Yoruba. In addition, I performed empirical research on the gbomogbomo and the cannibalistic practices reserved for royal class, olodo.

3 Likes

Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by Nobody: 3:39pm On Dec 19, 2013
@ op, yes it is a disappointment. First it was intriguing, then it got funny, den it got sad now it's just plain annoying. Imagine someone in nigeria calling another place in nigeria backward because a bridge collapsed? Don't bridges and house collapse anymore? The problem are people that stay in lagos. Many of them aren't well travelled and base there prejudice on hear-say. The Internet if filled with lairs so I don't believe em wen they say they are educated. Educated people aren't this primitive
Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by Nobody: 3:40pm On Dec 19, 2013
dayokanu:

Where is the link to what you read on the internet?

Or is it this one?

Bwahahahahahaha

Thanks, bruddah!

Directly an enemy was slain, his head – and sometimes his body, if the people were strongly cannibalistic – was taken to the village and a great dance given, either at once or after the skull has been cleaned of its flesh by boiling, or by being buried for a time in the ground. At the feast, every man-slayer of the village danced round, generally with a skull in one hand and his machete in the other. Sometimes the body of the enemy was brought in whole; sometimes it was cut in pieces in advance to facilitate transport. It was then boiled in native pots and shared out, occasionally among the man-slayer's family and friends, but sometimes among all the people of the village, until it was wholly consumed. In some tribes it was forbidden for women and children to partake of human flesh; in others, for example among the Kalabari, the eldest sister of the hut was forced to taste it, however strongly she might protest.

Among the Abadja, the whole body of anyone slain was ordinarily taken back to the village and there consumed, though it was tabu to eat women or children. A man only divided his ‘kill’ among his own family. The body was cut up and cooked in pots; the fingers, palms of the hands, and toes were considered the best eating. Sometimes, if a family had been satisfied, part of the body would be dried and put away for later.

When an Nkanu warrior brought a head back, everyone who heard of the deed gave him a present, and much palm-wine was drunk. The trophy was boiled, and the flesh cut away. The skull was then taken out, accompanied with all the others in the village, and the flesh was then boiled and eaten.

Much cruelty was practised among certain of these tribes. For example, the Bafum-Bansaw, who frequently tortured their prisoners before putting them to death. Palm-oil was boiled in a big pot, and then by means of a gourd enema it was pumped into the bowels and stomachs of the prisoners. This practice was said to make the bodies much more succulent than they would otherwise have been. The bodies were left until the palm-oil had permeated them, and then cut up and devoured...

P. A. Talbot, Southern Nigeria, Clarendon Press, 1926 (3 vols.)

Every moment, men, women and even children passed me. One would be carrying a human leg on his shoulder, another would be carrying the lungs or the heart of some unfortunate Kroo-boy in his or her hands. Several times I myself was offered my choice of one of these morsels, dripping with gore.

Father Bubendorf of Freiburg, an eye-witness to the slaughter of a group of captives outside the hut of a tribal chief, Onitsha, Nigeria, c. 1921

^^^^Classic!! grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:41pm On Dec 19, 2013
DerideGull:

bittyend,

You can do better than the above conjectural crap. I do not think a group of people that invented gbomogbomo and other forms of atrocities could be termed as cultured. grin grin grin

I know a section of Nigeria were first son was buried with his highly placed father in the society. It has suddenly changed to eating the heart of deceased father by the surviving son before the later could be enthroned. grin grin grin
Mention it for we to engage you, or you keep shut, agadi nwoke.
Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by Nobody: 3:42pm On Dec 19, 2013
[s]
DerideGull:
Shyman

It is good hear you just did a scholastic review on the crap you vomited above. In my case, I lived in Yoruba land and in some cases passed as Omo-Yoruba. In addition, I performed empirical research on the gbomogbomo and the cannibalistic practices reserved for royal class, olodo.
[/s]

Till google's servers are populated with the same hate and bile against Igbo's by Yoruba's - just the same way Igbo's populated the servers with hate and bile - Yoruba's need to keep the fire burning.

An eye for an eye!! cool

1 Like

Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by Nobody: 3:44pm On Dec 19, 2013
dayokanu: 1. Attack the opponent

6. Start all over

its a shame to see someone like you that claims to be matured and we'll read to waste his time on such nonsense on the Internet. All you do is go about threads involving "igbo" to talk trash, is that a job opportunity? Do u get paid to act this shallow? Cos if you aren't, den my friend, I must say u r a disgrace to waste your time on childish nonsense

2 Likes

Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by dayokanu(m): 3:46pm On Dec 19, 2013
liberty300: its a shame to see someone like you that claims to be matured and we'll read to waste his time on such nonsense on the Internet. All you do is go about threads involving "igbo" to talk trash, is that a job opportunity? Do u get paid to act this shallow? Cos if you aren't, den my friend, I must say u r a disgrace to waste your time on childish nonsense

Was your name mentioned in any of these or why are you getting antsy?

Did you see anything about Ibo in my post?

Or are you related to any of the names mentioned?
Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by Marotzke(m): 3:47pm On Dec 19, 2013

I knew something was amiss, then boom, I checked the thread you cited and I had a good laugh - HYSTERICAL!!

However, till I see: "Igbo's are either uncultured or cannibalistic" on google search as the most populated entry, just the same way Igbo's populated google's servers with "Yoruba's are dirty" - I'd say you're still losing.

Shalom!! cool
Of course a self hating Ghanian and Nigerian wannabe will pour petrol inside a blazing fire. I see that you've chosen a tribe herr Shakiru ( to promote ethnic e fights in Nigeria). I look forward to the day you will join Nigerians in an e war against Ghana or SA. That will be the day the Ghanian trio of O4, petrol and A brat will roast you alive. Until then enjoy the spectacle. Agbameta, Mayor of lagos, Gbawe and Otunba Dayo have indeed found a true brother a dependable comrade. Until you get cured of this Schizophrenia.
Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by phantom(m): 3:48pm On Dec 19, 2013
liberty300: its a shame to see someone like you that claims to be matured and we'll read to waste his time on such nonsense on the Internet. All you do is go about threads involving "igbo" to talk trash, is that a job opportunity? Do u get paid to act this shallow? Cos if you aren't, den my friend, I must say u r a disgrace to waste your time on childish nonsense
dont waste your time on this one.
Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by DerideGull(m): 3:49pm On Dec 19, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Mention it for we to engage you, or you keep shut, agadi nwoke.

jason123,

You are a regrettable omo ale. I do not deal with intellectually challenged dingbats such as you. At least, I have two arokes to flog.
Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by DerideGull(m): 3:52pm On Dec 19, 2013
shymexx:

Bwahahahahahaha

Thanks, bruddah!

^^^^Classic!! grin grin

Sure, we do not take prisoners. grin grin
Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by Marotzke(m): 3:54pm On Dec 19, 2013

Shalom!! cool
Of course a self hating Ghanian and Nigerian wannabe will pour petrol inside a blazing fire. I see that you've chosen a tribe herr Shakiru ( to promote ethnic e fights in Nigeria). I look forward to the day you will join Nigerians in an e war against Ghana or SA. That will be the day the Ghanian trio of O4, petrol and A brat will roast you alive. Until then enjoy the spectacle. Agbameta, Mayor of lagos, Gbawe and Otunba Dayo have indeed found a true brother and dependable comrade. Until you get cured of this Schizophrenia.
Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by Nobody: 3:57pm On Dec 19, 2013
[s]
Marotzke: Of course a self hating Ghanian and Nigerian wannabe will pour petrol inside a blazing fire. I see that you've chosen a tribe herr Shakiru ( to promote ethnic e fights in Nigeria). I look forward to the day you will join Nigerians in an e war against Ghana or SA. That will be the day the Ghanian trio of O4, petrol and A brat will roast you alive. Until then enjoy the spectacle. Agbameta, Mayor of lagos, Gbawe and Otunba Dayo have indeed found a true brother a dependable comrade. Until you get cured of this Schizophrenia.
[/s]

Well, I used to be the King of anti-Ghana and anti-South Africa on nairaland. Heck, I grew up cursing Ghanaians and other Africans out - that's the normal banter out here. And best believe, you can NEVER curse them out better than me because I've got more than a decade of experience in doing that ish. grin grin. I chased a few of them out of nairaland. However, I had to think about it - and for fvck sake, Ghanaians didn't populate google's servers with hate and bile about Yoruba's. Neither did SAns. So, I decided to embrace them and show them that African-love.

But with Igbo's - till Yoruba's populate google's servers with the same hate and bile - it's game on. I support them!

1 Like

Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by Nobody: 4:00pm On Dec 19, 2013
DerideGull:

Darn!! You cook them and feast on them, yes? grin grin

Well, I'm never going near Igboland when I get to naija. grin

Also, subconsciously, since I saw that ish, I've been running away from all the Igbo chics I used to chat to.

Cannibalism is unclean! undecided

2 Likes

Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by papparatzzi2013: 4:03pm On Dec 19, 2013
Deluded mumu can never learn again.

I give up.
Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by Lilimax(f): 4:06pm On Dec 19, 2013
shymexx:

Darn!! You cook them and feast on them, yes? grin grin

Well, I'm never going near Igboland when I get to naija. grin

Also, subconsciously, since I saw that ish, I've been running away from all the Igbo chics I used to chat to.

Cannibalism is unclean! undecided
grin grin
The day I'll get you will feast on you tongue
Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by MightyThor(m): 4:07pm On Dec 19, 2013

Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by Nobody: 4:15pm On Dec 19, 2013
Lilimax: grin grin
The day I'll get you will feast on you tongue

Core blimey!! shocked shocked

That's some scary vampire-ish shyte right there.

Anyway, if it's gonna be like "From Dusk till Dawn" movie.

I'd be George Clooney and you play Salma Hayek - then you'd get a pass for that. tongue grin
Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by nduchucks: 4:17pm On Dec 19, 2013
DerideGull:

Mr. Gull,

What was posted about Onitsha took place way back in the 1920s. I'd be more worried and grossed out by the practice of cannibalism which still takes place with impunity in the South West.

In the SW we still have the ancient and obnoxious practice of mutilating the bodies of traditional rulers after death. The rituals and sacrifices which parts of the body of a dead king, especially in Western Nigeria, are used for are barbaric and a disgrace to the country in this 21st century. These evil practices which are not in consonant with the will of God and against the fundamental human rights of the affected traditional rulers and are worse than the events of Onitsha of the 1920s.

Today, in 2013, when a king dies, they say they have to give his heart to his successor on the throne to eat. They explained that it will make the new king strong and courageous but, is that not deceit? How can eating somebody’s flesh give courage to another person? They mutilate the remains of these kings and engage in fetish and obnoxious activities which add no value to anybody or the society in general. Barbarians!!

2 Likes

Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by Nobody: 4:17pm On Dec 19, 2013
For a cease-fire:

Igbo's need to apologise to all Yoruba's alive and our unborn Yoruba children for spreading lies all over cyberspace about Yoruba's.

If you can do that, then I shall go back to my pre-nairaland and early-nairaland old-me. The Mr. Nigeria and Mr. Pan-Africanism.

Till then, I support the Yoruba's!! cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

$29.9bn Loan: OBJ Draws Battle Line With FG •says A ‘third Force’ Will Emerge / Had I Known Is Always At Last - 1954 Secession Clause / Why Do You As An Individual Want The Creation Of Biafra?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.