Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,828 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland (4207 Views)

I Repent From All Forms Of Tribalism And Bigotry Today / Sahara Reporters Accuse Buhari Of Tribalism Over NIMASA DG Controversy / Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by Nobody: 5:43pm On Dec 19, 2013
When i joined nairaland in 2009, i was visiting the romance and religion section alone because this section was awashed with aspersions against the yoruba, viz; 'yorubas are dirty', 'yorubas are coward,' 'awolowo is a traitor' etc. It was the chinua achebe saga that brought out the venom in most yoruba posters including myself
Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by Nobody: 5:43pm On Dec 19, 2013
papparatzzi2013:

When a party does not have respect in its lexicon, the other party must use everything within its disposal to bring the other parry to its senses and to know that - respect is reciprocal.

You hate me, I will hate you back
You insult me, I will insult in multiple folds

That is law of reciprocity.

It is the survival of the fittest and smartest and elimination of the unfit.

Word!!

Equilibrium and Newton's law of motion.

Shalom! cool
Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by KiKatanga: 5:44pm On Dec 19, 2013
papparatzzi2013:

That has never helped on NL. That was the initial tactics before. It only emboldens the other party. But now, there is mutually respect. Before a thread is created about the other party, you will think twice , because it can degenerate to a level beyond words.

That's just bad moderation, at the end of the day.
Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by itsrandeeboi(m): 5:45pm On Dec 19, 2013
dayokanu:
https://www.nairaland.com/1239291/yoruba-igbo-kiss-make-up

Hmmm, if a thread that has been running since march and is 24 pages long has not been able to tame the wild beast call e-tribal violence, i don't know what to say.
Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by Nobody: 5:46pm On Dec 19, 2013
Tribalism happens in real life.

Till I see Igbo's around Yoruba uncles out there, then I'll always believe nl represents how naija is.

Yoruba uncles only hang out with fellow Yoruba's. And Igbo's do the same. Except for churches where everyone gets along.
Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by papparatzzi2013: 5:47pm On Dec 19, 2013
Ki-Katanga:

That's just bad moderation, at the end of the day.

Yea the mods ought to have stemmed it when people were complaining initially about the aggression and insults the igbos were passing then.

They never did anything, until it is now spiraling out of control.
Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by madamoringo(f): 5:47pm On Dec 19, 2013
Lilimax: All these are not necessary at this time. We're about putting things straight.

Haha...forget putting anything straight! With your idea of 'god blessed' and writing it in ibo thinking no one here understands what you are talking about? I know that previously innocent little girl you have there will soon be indoctrinated and propagandized by the poison of hatred from your tribalistic heart! In any case, all these long story is not even needed, we are past this level now! The only thing I (and I believe a lot of other Nigerians) cannot wait any longer for is the day Nigeria either breaks up into sovereign countries (and this may not happen soon because of the thieves benefitting from the country as is) or at least a clearer system of governments in which everyone has 100% control of the affairs of their lands and peoples! That day, I can't wait for all Ibos to leave my land alone! No begging, appeal or otherwise will change a damn thing because until you are made to leave the West where you've had it so good and we reduce this over-familiarity, we will not have a chance to see your 'ibo god blessedness'. So, keep your platitudes, I just want you people to go away - simple! Oh YES, YOU WILL DEAD, for the stubborn ones, or ALIVE!

1 Like

Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by papparatzzi2013: 5:51pm On Dec 19, 2013
Initially, it was a way of igbos having their "revenge" - whatever that was- on the Yorubas for the war. It was making them to feel good and having a feel of triumph. The younger generations were feeling they were avenging on behalf of the older generation.

They enjoyed the E-bullying until when they are being hit on all sides now.

1 Like

Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by itsrandeeboi(m): 5:52pm On Dec 19, 2013
papparatzzi2013:

You must either be new on NL or a passive member over time.

The gulf has been widened a lot over the years. Be rest assured, most people are not like that in real life. To some, is fun and it is a way of learning one or two things from both sides.

I am currently under ban by Afam, I careless though. If the moDs are really interested in the peace, they should create a thread for such.

The thing is this; when I was little, I used to engage in silly arguments like this. But growing up, I realized that it was all pointless; it didn't achieve anything, it certainly didn't make any of us better than the other person and, at the end, it would only make some people subconsciously bear a grudge against someone else for a really pointless reason. I believe that, for mature people, there are much more salient and important discussions to pursue than "my tribe is better than yours". I mean, if I ever catch my child engaging in such a pointless waste of time, I would mete out sever punishment.

I don't mind friendly jibes at each other's tribes; that is allowed. But what goes on here is beyond that. It may just be harmless fun for you but just know that someone else you don't know is taking it pretty serious
Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by OAM4J: 5:56pm On Dec 19, 2013
Indeed triblizing threads is not only shameful but also against the rules of Nairaland. The Moderators of this section come from different ethnic sections and have nothing to gain aiding or supporting tribalism. Neither is the Admin, because contrary to general believe, tribalism doesn't increase traffic but drives away many people who find tribalism disgusting.

If moderators don't respond on time, it is because we were not online and yet to get reports/complaints about an on-going tribal fights/insults. But you can be rest assured, that as soon as we get to know of these fights, we will deal with the situation accordingly and punish all the offenders.

Thank you all for your cooperation. Please keep reporting tribal fights/insults.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

Nollywood Actor, Barr. Kenneth Okonkwo For House Of Reps 2015 (PHOTO) / See How Buhari Will Win ATIKU In Each Region And States In 2019 / Catalonia Govt Invited IPOB For The Celebration Of Their Independence.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.