Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland (4206 Views)

I Repent From All Forms Of Tribalism And Bigotry Today / Sahara Reporters Accuse Buhari Of Tribalism Over NIMASA DG Controversy / Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by DerideGull(m): 4:18pm On Dec 19, 2013
shymexx:

Darn!! You cook them and feast on them, yes? grin grin

Well, I'm never going near Igboland when I get to naija. grin

Also, subconsciously, since I saw that ish, I've been running away from all the Igbo chics I used to chat to.

Cannibalism is unclean! undecided

Shyman,

Tell the bolded part to the Yoruba.
Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by Lilimax(f): 4:18pm On Dec 19, 2013
shymexx:

Core blimey!! shocked shocked

That's some scary vampire-ish shyte right there.

Anyway, if it's gonna be like "From Dusk till Dawn" movie.

I'd be George Clooney and you play Salma Hayek - then you'd get a pass for that. tongue grin
You and Cannibalism ?
You need to unlearn such stuffs undecided
Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by Nobody: 4:20pm On Dec 19, 2013
shymexx: [s][/s]

But with Igbo's - till Yoruba's populate google's servers with the same hate and bile - it's game on. I support them!
so this is your life ambition?...lol. you have a very bright future if that's the case cheesy
Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by Lilimax(f): 4:22pm On Dec 19, 2013
shymexx: For a cease-fire:

Igbo's need to apologise to all Yoruba's alive and our unborn Yoruba children for spreading lies all over cyberspace about Yoruba's.

If you can do that, then I shall go back to my pre-nairaland and early-nairaland old-me. The Mr. Nigeria and Mr. Pan-Africanism.

Till then, I support the Yoruba's!! cool
I'm hearing this for the first time and will like
to know the lies please.
Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by Nobody: 4:24pm On Dec 19, 2013
DerideGull:
Shyman,

Tell bolded part to the Yoruba.

Cannibalism is un-Yoruba... and from my scholarship, only the royals do/did feast of certain parts of preceded Kings. However, that's sacred unlike Igbo's where every stranger is food to the community. Mofos getting roasted and shyte for lunch. grin Kid carrying arms, mothers carrying legs and dads carrying the bodies. grin
Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by Nobody: 4:26pm On Dec 19, 2013
Lilimax:
I'm hearing this for the first time and will like
to know the lies please.

Go to google and type in: "Yoruba's are..."

That's what started the war.
Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by Nobody: 4:28pm On Dec 19, 2013
Lilimax:
You and Cannibalism ?
You need to unlearn such stuffs undecided

My body is sacred, spent a lot of money paying for gym and thousands of ££££ worth of tattoos.

I can't let no one feast on that. grin

[size=3pt]I give a you pass, tho.[/size]
Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by Lilimax(f): 4:30pm On Dec 19, 2013
shymexx:

Haba!
I've done that and it is applicable to the Igbos too.
That should not form the basis for your hatred and rejection undecided
Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by Nobody: 4:30pm On Dec 19, 2013
liberty300: so this is your life ambition?...lol. you have a very bright future if that's the case cheesy

If that was my "life ambition" - it won't take me two days to populate google's servers with that. I can do it within a day, just about 200,000 entries using different links would be enough.

I want the Yoruba's on nl to do it themselves.
Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by Lilimax(f): 4:31pm On Dec 19, 2013
Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by Lilimax(f): 4:34pm On Dec 19, 2013
shymexx:

My body is sacred, spent a lot of money paying for gym and thousands of ££££ worth of tattoos.

I can't let no one feast on that. grin

[size=3pt]I give a you pass, tho.[/size]
Did I hear thousands of ££££ worth of tattoos?.
It suck sad!
Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 19, 2013
Lilimax:
Haba!
I've done that and it is applicable to the Igbos too.
That should not form the basis for your hatred and rejection undecided

I don't hate no one. Hating is negative energy and a tad bit problematic since it has a ricochet effect. I just believe revenge is karma and it's about fighting back since the energy that governs life and this planet is based on survival of the fittest. You can't show any weakness, if you want to survive.
Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by Nobody: 4:36pm On Dec 19, 2013
Lilimax:
Did I hear thousands of ££££ worth of tattoos?.
It suck sad!

That just represent different aspects/phases of my life and my experience. grin

Don't worry, they aren't jailbird tats and they look nice. tongue
Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by Lilimax(f): 4:36pm On Dec 19, 2013
shymexx:

I don't hate no one. Hating is negative energy and a tad bit problematic since it has a ricochet effect. I just believe revenge is karma and it's about fighting back since the energy that governs life and this planet is based on survival of the fittest. You can't show any weakness, if you want to survive.

Sounds more like tit for tat smiley
No gain!

1 Like

Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by Lilimax(f): 4:38pm On Dec 19, 2013
shymexx:

That just represent different aspects/phases of my life and my experience. grin

Don't worry, they aren't jailbird tats and they look nice. tongue
Okay.
But I'm not a fan of any type of tattoo smiley
Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 19, 2013
Lilimax: Sounds more like tit for tat smiley
No gain!

Tit for tat makes the world go round. Sometimes you just need to make people respect and fear you.

Before the Yoruba's went on the offensive, Igbo's were the ones spamming everywhere with hate.

However, now, the tables have turned, and Igbo's are on the defensive. I believe it will never be business as usual again.

So, they have actually gained something if you look at it critically.
Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by grafikii: 4:42pm On Dec 19, 2013
Lilimax: grin
Take it easy bro.
Just know that :
-Anyi bu ndi Chukwu goziri agozi hence the envy and bitterness towards us.
-Chideraa, odego- No man can erase this fact.

Shalom!
And you ain't a tribalist yourself? Who dey envy you?
Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by Nobody: 4:43pm On Dec 19, 2013
Lilimax:
Okay.
But I'm not a fan of any type of tattoo smiley

Well, tattoos are like beautified scars. At the end of the day, there's nothing amoral about them.

And you just need to make sure they look decent and not outrageous.

Personally, I just love the pain sometimes and just seeing things that tell me where I have been by just looking at my body is inspirational.

That's just me.

1 Like

Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by Lilimax(f): 4:44pm On Dec 19, 2013
shymexx:

Tit for tat makes the world go round. Sometimes you just need to make people respect and fear you.

Before the Yoruba's went on the offensive, Igbo's were the ones spamming everywhere with hate.

However, now, the tables have turned, and Igbo's are on the defensive. I believe it will never be business as usual again.

So, they have actually gained something if you look at it critically.

More like a win-win situation smiley.

Okay let us now turn a new leaf and accept each other the way we are on Nairaland.
Enough of all these tribal and ethnic comments....
Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by Nobody: 4:46pm On Dec 19, 2013
shymexx:

Cannibalism is un-Yoruba... and from my scholarship, only the royals do/did feast of certain parts of preceded Kings. However, that's sacred unlike Igbo's where every stranger is food to the community. Mofos getting roasted and shyte for lunch. grin Kid carrying arms, mothers carrying legs and dads carrying the bodies. grin
bwahahahahahahaha
Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by Lilimax(f): 4:47pm On Dec 19, 2013
grafikii:
And you ain't a tribalist yourself? Who dey envy you?

Can't you understand?
Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by debetmx(m): 4:50pm On Dec 19, 2013
itsrandeeboi: I am quite sure that i'm not the first person to write about this but I certainly would like to be the last. I read through the following thread with concern https://www.nairaland.com/1561102/34-year-old-enugu-ebonyi-bridge-collapses seeing how people who claim to be educated spout crass stupidity on a public forum. I mean, someone posted news of a collapsed bridge and all some people could think about is how to make it a tribal thing? Are some people high or just dumb? These are people who claim to have degrees, who claim to be good parents to their children but when they go online, they display such an amazing lack of intelligence that leaves one wondering.

Nigeria as an entire country is lacking development, so anybody wasting time arguing that their tribe is better than another is incredibly dense. It is amazing how Nairaland has degenrated from a forum that seriously considers the Nigerian discourse to a place where crassly illiterate minds and degenerates spew forth the empty filth they have inside them. The annoying thing is that some of them are not even resident in the country. Should a tribal war break out, they would be in the safety of other countries while people who weren't even participating in the rubbish online discussions get killed.

My worry is that it seems to have the tacit blessing of the mods and the admin seeing as that thread has gone four pages long and growing and it has still not occurred to somebody to either lock it, delete the tribalist comments or ban the offending posters. Is the admin now trading a chance at Nigeria being a peaceful nation for hits? This is quite frankly shocking and I cannot just believe how this is being allowed to happen. Everyday every Nigerian faces the same set of challenges of power supply, health care, falling education standards and so on and all some narrow minded bigots can do is come online and make fun of other tribes?

Sometimes I just feel like I hate this country as a whole, my own tribe inclusive.
Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by Nobody: 4:50pm On Dec 19, 2013
Lilimax:

Okay let us now turn a new leaf and accept each other the way we are on Nairaland.

Only if you get a tattoo of my name on your body and send me a picture. Deal or no deal? grin cool
Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by papparatzzi2013: 4:56pm On Dec 19, 2013
Lilimax:

Like shymexx explained, The igbos called for the war, before the Yorubas went on on-slaught.

It also seems, igbos are usually indoctrinated with lies and propaganda from childhood to hate Yorubas.

When they are ready for peace on NL, they should apologies for this nonsense they started, be rest assured, we will do same .

I'm sure that is the only thing that can bring lasting peace. All these one the OP wrote, he is just wasting his time.
Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by Lilimax(f): 4:58pm On Dec 19, 2013
shymexx:

Only if you get a tattoo of my name on your body and send me a picture. Deal or no deal? grin cool
Nah, my body is not meant for piercing cool
Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by Lilimax(f): 5:05pm On Dec 19, 2013
papparatzzi2013:

Like shymexx explained, The igbos called for the war, before the Yorubas went on on-slaught.

It also seems, igbos are usually indoctrinated with lies and propaganda from childhood to hate Yorubas.

When they are ready for peace on NL, they should apologies for this nonsense they started, be rest assured, we will do same .

I'm sure that is the only thing that can bring lasting peace. All these one the OP wrote, he is just wasting his time.
Not really but they'll always tell you the part Yorubas played against
the Igbos during the Biafran civil war?
I choose to believe or not cos my life is moving forward.
It's been 43years since after the civil war and a lot have changed.
I have nothing against the Yorubas and I have a lot of them as friends.

So, no shaking cool.
Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by Nobody: 5:05pm On Dec 19, 2013
papparatzzi2013:

Bruv, I remember my first day on nl. That was Jan. 2012.

Just because I said: "I'm Yoruba" - and I had Epe-Ijebu on my profile. The Igbo's attacked me and I still remember "Onlytruth" was the first to attack me, hence why I'll NEVER forgive him. That's one guy I'll like to slap with the hand-of-god and that's on everything.

The whole thing was just a tad bit strange. It was like a "WTF?" moment. Nigerians attacking me because I said something about my ethnicity. Then, I decided to stop posting for a while and took time out to study the forum. Got used to the terrain, till I discovered a way to get back at these blockheads. grin
Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by Nobody: 5:06pm On Dec 19, 2013
Lilimax:
Nah, my body is not meant for piercing cool

Just a tiny one would do. wink tongue

You've your ears pierced, init?

And I believe you also have a few scars on your body. tongue
Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by KiKatanga: 5:08pm On Dec 19, 2013
shymexx:

Who respects any Nigerians? Squabbling between tribes while most of the population goes hungry.

We need to wake up, and grow up.
Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by ShineIt: 5:10pm On Dec 19, 2013
shymexx:

Sorry bro, its true and am not igbo.
Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by Lilimax(f): 5:12pm On Dec 19, 2013
shymexx:

Just a tiny one would do. wink tongue

You've your ears pierced, init?

And I believe you also have a few scars on your body. tongue
You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh
nor print any mark upon your body says the Scripture smiley.
Re: The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland by itsrandeeboi(m): 5:14pm On Dec 19, 2013
papparatzzi2013:

Actually, you're right. I am wasting my time. None of you guys is ready to give up anything. So some stupid idiot posted something online or searches for something silly, you have to degenerate to his level of silliness? How does that make sense as a reason for promoting hate? I don't believe there was any root cause for all this, some of you just think of it as harmless fun. Not knowing how much damage it cause to some unwitting impressionable person out there. And most these guys spewing trash online have close friends from the tribe they are insulting. Yet they come online and make someone else hate another tribe! How do you guys sleep at night?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

18+ Only : Have You Seen This Video Of Cossy Orjiakor Getting Fucke*d By A Dog? / BREAKING NEWS: As Jega Bows To Pressure From Jonathan / Upper Iweka,onitsha : From A Notorious Den To A Haven Of Peace (see Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.