Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,373 members, 7,812,093 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:00 AM

A Public Service Announcement To Nigerian Women Who Bleach Their Skin. - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / A Public Service Announcement To Nigerian Women Who Bleach Their Skin. (17693 Views)

See Why This Lady Says She Must Bleach / Too Bad! See How This Married Woman Dressed To A Public Party / A Public Service Announcement To Nigerian Women Who Bleach Their Skin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Public Service Announcement To Nigerian Women Who Bleach Their Skin. by ChristyG(f): 7:17pm On Dec 20, 2013
[quote author=Tomiwa Damola]

There are naturally light skinned Yorùbá people.[/quote
Re: A Public Service Announcement To Nigerian Women Who Bleach Their Skin. by Dannylux: 7:22pm On Dec 20, 2013
bory09: bleaching is just a trend like guys sagging has once be and still be. Our forefather never sag neither did they show contempt with their skin color. Back in the days the pride of a ordinary male youth in the street is his strength and wisdom but now a guy without swag, roaming with the top girls and making money in a swagicious way has no pride. I heard some girls saying i need a hardworking guy but how easy will it be for a hardworking guy to roam clubs, carry them to eatery, invest in wavons and makeup. Hmmm thats is really irony, to make me believe you can you bleached girls ever consider a hi from a bricklayer talkless of i love you. Op your writeup can never change the mind of anyone, as they say when the foundation destroy what can the righteous do. Ladies and guys has drift from our culture, and they say culture is the TOTAL way of life. The question is which culture are we now following THE WHITE. never forget culture is the total way of life. So to make us smart copier we need to turn to white. Am sorry thats is the truth. The girls continue with their trend while the guys do theirs too. And op it should be noted that there are more things that youth do which are more worst than bleaching

It's very wrong to equate "bleaching" to "sagging".. Does sagging damage your skin? Does sagging have all the above listed demerits?

Hmm.. All is well.
Re: A Public Service Announcement To Nigerian Women Who Bleach Their Skin. by theomaris(f): 7:25pm On Dec 20, 2013
Black is beautiful......@OP you are point *thumbs up*

1 Like

Re: A Public Service Announcement To Nigerian Women Who Bleach Their Skin. by Nobody: 7:45pm On Dec 20, 2013
the warrior72:
undecided What are u yawning, bleaching can never be justified for whatever reason.
And why is it that it is mostly yoruba women & their men that are guilty of bleaching?
I am not trying to justify anyone bleaching, I am only trying to let u all know that men are mostly to be blamed on this, yes!

Nigerian men indirectly and directly pushed most Nigerian women into all these madness of bleaching and faking to appear beautiful.

If a dark skin girl posts her pic here and another girl that's fair skinned post her, I am very sure u and many other guys here would start throwing insults and mockery words at the dark skinned girl. I have been witnessing that on this very nairaland and now u guys are here hailing: I LOVE DARK SKIN GIRLS, says who

Most people that post and comment on nairaland are hypocrites!!! They say A and practice B offline just to win e-friends and admiration.

Nigerian men need enlightenment. Nigerian men need to start recognizing the beauty of black women. Majority of musical videos nowadays feature mostly fair skinned girls who bleached their skins to become video vixens and worst of, they use white girls, still on the same preference for light skinned girls.

Honestly, sometimes I pity Nigerian women. There is too much pressure on them to be like their mates who are being preferred.

Majority of Nigerian guys today are so bent on acquiring money to buy the best cars and build the highest mansions mostly because Nigerian girls showed so much preference for rich guys and guys on cute rides...reason crime rate increased in Nigeria.

Reason Nigerian guys are always there anywhere money or financial crime is committed in the world. It is due to pressure on the guys to meet up to be like other guys who are preferred by girls. So same way, dark skinned girls are under pressure in Nigeria to become fair skinned to stand a chance of attracting the best men.

So blame it on the men...Nigerian men should start the awareness within them and also discourage their girlfriends and wives from using bleaching creams and soaps cos they are always the ones footing their bleaching bills and they will still come online to rant about Nigerian girls bleaching, I pity Nigerian girls, una don enter one chance for Nigeriagringrin

7 Likes

Re: A Public Service Announcement To Nigerian Women Who Bleach Their Skin. by Sagytarius(m): 7:48pm On Dec 20, 2013
NosoChic: Black and PROUD kiss
Prove it!
Re: A Public Service Announcement To Nigerian Women Who Bleach Their Skin. by Nobody: 8:00pm On Dec 20, 2013
LOL. Nice one...

Tell them!
Re: A Public Service Announcement To Nigerian Women Who Bleach Their Skin. by kalimera101: 8:10pm On Dec 20, 2013
Nigerian men are funny sha whenever it comes to light skin girls and dark skin girl. In the office I did my Vac.Job with during the strike, one dark guy there rebukes dark skinned girls, you need to see his face twist in disgust whenever you introduce him to a dark girl.
Very funny.

1 Like

Re: A Public Service Announcement To Nigerian Women Who Bleach Their Skin. by Nobody: 8:11pm On Dec 20, 2013
undecided Meanwhile some of us r wishing we were dark embarassed To maintain this colour aint even easy @all.

1 Like

Re: A Public Service Announcement To Nigerian Women Who Bleach Their Skin. by Nobody: 8:20pm On Dec 20, 2013
This issue can also be likened to the whites! There you have some of the men prefering blonde ladies or red head ladies to brunette ladies! Y? Because they feel they are paler(fairer) and prettier.

Hence u see most dark haired ladies dyeing their hair to become blonde! They are called peroxide blonde cos u can see from the root of their hair That they aren't true blondes!!

*shrugs* lipsrsealed

DailyNews: I am not trying to justify anyone bleaching, I am only trying to let u all know that men are mostly to be blamed on this, yes!

Nigerian men indirectly and directly pushed most Nigerian women into all these madness of bleaching and faking to appear beautiful.

If a dark skin girl posts her pic here and another girl that's fair skinned post her, I am very sure u and many other guys here would start throwing insults and mockery words at the dark skinned girl. I have been witnessing that on this very nairaland and now u guys are here hailing: I LOVE DARK SKIN GIRLS, says who

Most people that post and comment on nairaland are hypocrites!!! They say A and practice B offline just to win e-friends and admiration.

Nigerian men need enlightenment. Nigerian men need to start recognizing the beauty of black women. Majority of musical videos nowadays feature mostly fair skinned girls who bleached their skins to become video vixens and worst of, they use white girls, still on the same preference for light skinned girls.

Honestly, sometimes I pity Nigerian women. There is too much pressure on them to be like their mates who are being preferred.

Majority of Nigerian guys today are so bent on acquiring money to buy the best cars and build the highest mansions mostly because Nigerian girls showed so much preference for rich guys and guys on cute rides...reason crime rate increased in Nigeria.

Reason Nigerian guys are always there anywhere money or financial crime is committed in the world. It is due to pressure on the guys to meet up to be like other guys who are preferred by girls. So same way, dark skinned girls are under pressure in Nigeria to become fair skinned to stand a chance of attracting the best men.

So blame it on the men...Nigerian men should start the awareness within them and also discourage their girlfriends and wives from using bleaching creams and soaps cos they are always the ones footing their bleaching bills and they will still come online to rant about Nigerian girls bleaching, I pity Nigerian girls, una don enter one chance for Nigeriagringrin
Re: A Public Service Announcement To Nigerian Women Who Bleach Their Skin. by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 20, 2013
dimples*:
This issue can also be likened to the whites! There you have some of the men prefering blonde ladies or red head ladies to brunette ladies! Y? Because they feel they are paler(fairer) and prettier.

Hence u see most dark haired ladies dyeing their hair to become blonde! They are called peroxide blonde cos u can see from the root of their hair That they aren't true blondes!!

*shrugs* lipsrsealed

Eh yaaah, the life of a woman, its a pity, sighs

1 Like

Re: A Public Service Announcement To Nigerian Women Who Bleach Their Skin. by Brimmie(m): 8:38pm On Dec 20, 2013
slightlyMad:

insane and stupid guy with no brain, Shey this place resemble facebook? how many ppl did you see upload their pix except that 40 year old slowpoke who calls himself olodo.
A boy the same age as his younger brother builds a successful website and all he does is rush for first to post and upload his picture.
"I am proud to be olodo"
na so madness take dey start.

hope ur babe gave u permission to upload her pix?
1). You're slightly mad for quoting me
2). You really need to swap that your saw-dust filled brain for a chicken brain, cos it's better.
3). Why using female profile when you're actually an ugly son of a b!.tch??
4). Go fvck your self!!
Re: A Public Service Announcement To Nigerian Women Who Bleach Their Skin. by POPEII: 9:04pm On Dec 20, 2013
dimples*:
undecided Meanwhile some of us r wishing we were dark embarassed To maintain this colour aint even easy @all.
. Most bleachers are already fair, they call it toning or maintaining their color . E.g tonto dickeh , rare are the very dark skinned who will bleach
Re: A Public Service Announcement To Nigerian Women Who Bleach Their Skin. by DaimlerBen(m): 9:18pm On Dec 20, 2013
Light skinned turns dark = Tan
Dark skinned turns light = Tan-1 grin

1 Like

Re: A Public Service Announcement To Nigerian Women Who Bleach Their Skin. by Nobody: 9:24pm On Dec 20, 2013
POPE II: . Most bleachers are already fair, they call it toning or maintaining their color . E.g tonto dickeh , rare are the very dark skinned who will bleach

How come white ppl r all white but africans have light and dark skin
Re: A Public Service Announcement To Nigerian Women Who Bleach Their Skin. by POPEII: 9:49pm On Dec 20, 2013
dimples*:

I don't get your question?
Re: A Public Service Announcement To Nigerian Women Who Bleach Their Skin. by NosoChic: 9:55pm On Dec 20, 2013
So some dark woman are pushed to bleach because the 'Nigerian men' seem to prefer fair skinned ladies.......

I am just wondering why the dark men also bleach then, is it because they are pushed also.......

Bottom line, anyone who bleaches has a self esteem problem deep down....Shikena
Re: A Public Service Announcement To Nigerian Women Who Bleach Their Skin. by Iykeponti(m): 10:10pm On Dec 20, 2013
Beware of skin cancer, so say no to bleaching & maintain ya beautiful colour ; -)
Re: A Public Service Announcement To Nigerian Women Who Bleach Their Skin. by pri3stess(f): 10:32pm On Dec 20, 2013
Mr•Olodo:
[size=24pt]Am proud of my color[/size]
we know, but Biko remove your .9 MP picture from here or use a better camera next time, and add some filters with photoshop while you're at it.
Re: A Public Service Announcement To Nigerian Women Who Bleach Their Skin. by Nobody: 11:01pm On Dec 20, 2013
Kemouche: tongue Get a job @ Op undecided
Do you bleach?
Re: A Public Service Announcement To Nigerian Women Who Bleach Their Skin. by Nobody: 11:09pm On Dec 20, 2013
gboss4sure: I love dark skin and natural fair ladies. Bleachers are one big turn off for me, So disgusting when you see their knee or elbow cap
I'd go for natural complexioned ladies anyday(dark complexioned preferable)

Anything blea... Is NO NO NO
Re: A Public Service Announcement To Nigerian Women Who Bleach Their Skin. by Toneyo(m): 12:11am On Dec 21, 2013
Tomiwa Damola:

There are naturally light skinned Yorùbá people.

Go and search in Oyo state, if you can find one natural light skinned except albino. Apart from Oyo, yorubas are too dark skinned. My observation though.
Re: A Public Service Announcement To Nigerian Women Who Bleach Their Skin. by thewarrior72: 12:25am On Dec 21, 2013
Christy G: some of u are so myopic in ur reasoning,try and get ur selfs exposed.they are lots of other women apart from yoruba women who bleach.bleaching is very rampant from nigerian women and not just yoruba women.unless u are one of dose bigoted people who parade nairaland with their dumb utterances
Hey lady, spare me this ur bullcrap, I'm a lagosian I can authoritatively tell u that 8 out of ten Yoruba women u past on the street have bleached or are using bleaching cream. Please let's tell our self the bitter truth, it's very disgusting & shameful, in some yoruba family, they father is bleaching, mother is bleaching & they daughters are also bleaching, it's a very wrong trend
Re: A Public Service Announcement To Nigerian Women Who Bleach Their Skin. by Peterwizzy: 12:31am On Dec 21, 2013
dimples*:

you see sometimes if you look at some whites u notice some are very white and some are blond those ones That look like they tanned their skin, now that is how it is too for them just That u don't notice it cuz they are whites, but we are blacks.
Re: A Public Service Announcement To Nigerian Women Who Bleach Their Skin. by ChristyG(f): 12:31am On Dec 21, 2013
Toneyo:

Go and search in Oyo state, if you can find one natural light skinned except albino. Apart from Oyo, yorubas are too dark skinned. My observation though.
yes u can,i stay in ibadan and there are lots of them.ur observation is myopic.women bleach all over nigeria,so u cant just point out only yoruba women unless ur are close-minded.and u do know they are other yoruba states except oyo?so ur dumb observation or story belongs to d trash.besides d title says NIGERIAN WOMEN but u tribalistic peeps ave turned into yoruba women...
Re: A Public Service Announcement To Nigerian Women Who Bleach Their Skin. by ChristyG(f): 12:38am On Dec 21, 2013
the warrior72:
Hey lady, spare me this ur bullcrap, I'm a lagosian I can authoritatively tell u that 8 out of ten Yoruba women u past on the street have bleached or are using bleaching cream. Please let's tell our self the bitter truth, it's very disgusting & shameful, in some yoruba family, they father is bleaching, mother is bleaching & they daughters are also bleaching, it's a very wrong trend
i dont give a phuck if u are lagosian,is that d thread is about.u are nobody to tell me that.all ur stup1d findings is based on ur id1otic and tribalistic mind.who said yoruba women dont bleach,but they are not d only ones.u should move to other parts of nigeria and feed ur myopic self.i ave seen ibo,edo,even some of them from d north.so keep ur shitty story to urself
Re: A Public Service Announcement To Nigerian Women Who Bleach Their Skin. by mink505: 3:09am On Dec 21, 2013
@OP, keep preaching to the choir.
at the end of the day, nigerian women bleach because MAJORITY of nigerian men prefer lighter skin. esp the more successful men.
if you use a good quality cream and use it lightly, you won't have most of the issues listed on that comment.
I'm not trying to promote bleaching but just stating the FACT about why women do it.
in my humble opinion, FEMINISM is the only thing that can stop women from bleaching. Men love it when women are insecure and dependent on them. Most men complain about bleaching yet they will make fun of dark women and do everything to make dark women insecure when in fact, these men are also dark themselves. The only solution is for women to seek success rather than settle just for marrying a successful man. otherwise she becomes a slave of the black man and his preferences ( light skin, straight long hair etc).

most women: I want to marry a successful man. I will bleach my skin to become beautiful and attract a successful man
feminist woman: I want to become a sucessful woman. I will work hard and succeed in reaching my goals and ambitions.

so rather than making a stupid PSA about women bleaching (what about brazillian weaves etc), make a PSA instead to promote feminism.

3 Likes

Re: A Public Service Announcement To Nigerian Women Who Bleach Their Skin. by kolamilan(m): 6:10am On Dec 21, 2013
lol @ "white face" and black neck, or a "white" forehand with black knuckles.
Re: A Public Service Announcement To Nigerian Women Who Bleach Their Skin. by rollykaxbest: 7:42am On Dec 21, 2013
redsquare:

M.umu, must you quote the whole article just to write what you wrote up there?
help me tell am
Re: A Public Service Announcement To Nigerian Women Who Bleach Their Skin. by makahlj2: 10:31am On Dec 21, 2013
dimples*:

White people are not actually white, but beige/brown (unlike their Albinos, who are pink). Some are medium or even deep brown (in countries like Spain and Portugal, for example).
Re: A Public Service Announcement To Nigerian Women Who Bleach Their Skin. by Nobody: 12:20pm On Dec 21, 2013
You've said it all.
Re: A Public Service Announcement To Nigerian Women Who Bleach Their Skin. by godofwar666(m): 12:34pm On Dec 21, 2013
redsquare:

rollykaxbest: help me tell am
redsquare:

Re: A Public Service Announcement To Nigerian Women Who Bleach Their Skin. by rien05(f): 12:52pm On Dec 21, 2013
Fulaman198:

Very true, well said
Please learn how to comment on Nairaland. You didn't need to quote d whole story before you comment. Waste of space.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MTN Logo On A Lady's Finger-Nails / Stylish Civil Wedding Attires In 2022 / Regina Askia On The Cover Of Beauty Overdose Magazine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.