Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,124 members, 7,821,849 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

Girl Born By Surrogate (Mom's Best Friend) 4 Months After Mom Died From Cancer - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Girl Born By Surrogate (Mom's Best Friend) 4 Months After Mom Died From Cancer (1410 Views)

Four Children Died From Severe Heat After They Locked Themselves In A Car / Dad Found Daughter Alive 11 Months After She Disappeared With Boyfriend / Baby Girl Born With Werewolf Syndrome In India (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Girl Born By Surrogate (Mom's Best Friend) 4 Months After Mom Died From Cancer by prymesolution: 10:46pm On Dec 20, 2013
[img]http://4.bp..com/-R-LzTP665Mw/UrS1oXU-MqI/AAAAAAAADzo/w7PeWj2TQ9k/s640/cara.jpg[/img]

30 year-old Laura Yoho and her husband Nate Yoho really wanted to have a family together, despite the devastating news they received about Laura's brain tumor. Laura was diagnosed with brain cancer after she passed out at the gym and the symptoms persisted.

Laura, who was also a gym instructor kept her active life and never felt sorry for herself regardless of her sickness, family members noted. When the couple decided to bring a baby into the world, her best friend, Kara Stetson gladly offered to carry the (surrogate) baby for them.

Tragically but peacefully, Laura died shortly after having her baby shower. She lost the battle to cancer; however, she left a piece of herself in this world.

Caralyn, her beautiful baby girl was born four months after Laura's passing.

"It's such an amazing gift. There are no words that could possibly recreate what she's done for myself and my family,' Nate said.

Kara said: "I just felt so happy that there was something I could do for her family and his family, and selfishly for me, to keep a part of Laura alive on this Earth. Laura and I are very close so I think it came easy to both of us, the idea," she added.

After Caralyn was born, Des Moines Register reporter Daniel Finney wrote an open letter to the baby telling this same story. It began: "You’re barely a month old now, too young to read this letter. But one day soon, someone will show you this, and maybe it will help you understand the wonderful confluence of love and hope that brought you into this world."

Also in the open letter, the surrogate said, "'It’s hard to explain what having a best friend like Laura for 24 years meant to me. We were different enough and alike enough to get along perfectly. We never argued. We never got sick of one another. We were like sisters, soul mates and a best friend all rolled into one."

Although the little girl will never meet her mom, the decision of her mom's best friend is a proof of how much she is genuinely loved and wanted.

Perhaps you should review your friend lists. How many selfless and REAL friends do you have? Food for thought.

Happy weekend!

http://www.infonubia.com/2013/12/daughter-born-by-surrogate-her-moms.html
Re: Girl Born By Surrogate (Mom's Best Friend) 4 Months After Mom Died From Cancer by infonubia(m): 2:38pm On Dec 21, 2013
Such a touching story. I don't know how many people would be willing to do this for their friends. Bless her heart!
Re: Girl Born By Surrogate (Mom's Best Friend) 4 Months After Mom Died From Cancer by prymesolution: 5:16pm On Dec 21, 2013
It takes the heart of an angel to do something like that for a friend.

(1) (Reply)

8 Weeks To Go: How To Help Her / Ephesians 5:22: Wives, Submit To Your Husbands As To The Lord / Help! My Husband Is A Useless Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.