Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,356 members, 7,954,453 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:12 PM

Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo (28285 Views)

Senator Ben Bruce Making Plans Of Joining The APC? (see Tweets) / Chicken Republic Was Also Harsh Against APC! See Pix! / PDP Vs APC:See The Hilarious Adverts That Have Got Everyone Talking(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by odedeyi01: 5:32am On Dec 22, 2013
[img]http://1.bp..com/-CyI3ngYWVZM/UrZmJx5ktfI/AAAAAAAAEuk/rrn6rPz8gaE/s280/APC-leaders-and-Obasanjo-360x225.jpg[/img]

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo on Saturday openly threw his weight behind the All Progressives Congress when some national leaders and governors of the APC visited him, in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital.

A Punch correspondent gathered that the APC leaders at the meeting solicited Obasanjo’s support for the party in the forthcoming elections.

The visitors started arriving at Obasanjo’s Hilltop Mansion around 5:22pm. A former governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, led APC leaders, including the party’s Interim National Chairman, Chief Bisi Akande; former Head of State, General Muhammadu Buhari; former speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Masari; former Borno State governor, Senator Ali Modu-Sheriff; Senator Osita Isunazor; Senator Bukola Saraki; Mr. Lai Mohammed to the meeting.

Governor Murtala Nyako of Adamawa State came to the former president’s house in company with the former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commissioin, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu; the former minister of aviation, Chief Femi Fani-Kayode and others in a convoy of three black jeeps.

Other APC governors at the meeting included Rochas Okorocha (Imo), Ibikunle Amosun (Ogun), Abdulfattah Ahmed (Kwara), Rotimi Amaechi (Rivers), Rabiu Kwankwaso (Kano) and Senator Abiola Ajimobi (Oyo).

The Chairman of the New PDP, Kawu Baraje led some of his members and the former Kaduna State Chairman, Yero Makama, to the meeting.
Presenting the party chieftains and the APC governors to Obasanjo during the opening of the meeting, Akande said the party was in support of the former president’s 18-page letter to President Goodluck Jonathan.

The APC National Leader, Tinubu who alluded to Obasanjo’s contribution to the building of the Nigerian nation, lamented that the country was divided more than ever.

Apparently referring to Obasanjo’s recent letter to Jonathan, he enjoined the former president not to shy away from speaking the truth.
Tinubu added that the APC had resolved to rescue Nigeria, appealing to Obasanjo to lead the mission.

“You’ve come out of tribulation and held the highest position in this country. We are here because of your courage. Nobody can say he has information more than you. You have surmounted a number of crises. Nigeria is divided more than before; to realise stable Nigeria, we want to encourage you to continue to speak the truth. We’re resolved and determined to rescue Nigeria. We want you as navigator,” he said.

Responding, Obasanjo, who said he remained a card-carrying member of the ruling PDP, described himself as an “incurable optimist” totally committed to Nigeria’s well-being.

He vowed that nothing would distract him from his commitment to the Nigerian nation.

Obasanjo also enjoined the opposition party to play a constructive politics “without bitterness”

The former president said, “I am a card carrying member of the PDP but the politics I play traverses Nigeria, Africa and world in that order. I am a democrat and one of the essential ingredients of democracy is opposition. A democracy that has no opposition built into it is not democracy.

“As an opposition, you are enhancing democracy. You are at home, you are welcome. I will just appeal that the politics you play is politics without rancour, without bitterness, with decency, that has Nigeria at heart. I am an incurable optimist about Nigeria, I am totally committed to Nigeria and nothing will divert me from that commitment.”

At the end of their two-hour meeting, Tinubu, in a chat with newsmen, denied that the APC had come to woo the former president.
He said, “The meeting was not to woo him but to tap from his wealth of political experience.”

One of those present at the meeting, Fani-Kayode told SUNDAY PUNCH that Obasanjo embraced the APC at the meeting. He said, “The ex-president told us that APC has taken the first step in the right direction towards making Nigeria great. It was an excellent meeting.”
Efforts to get the reaction of the PDP and the presidency were futile on Saturday as the spokesmen of the party and presidency could not be reached. Their phones were switched off.

http://www.punchng.com/news/obasanjo-embraces-apc/
http://www.punchng.com/news/obasanjo-embraces-apc/

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by Brimmie(m): 5:53am On Dec 22, 2013
GMB stand tall, this man deserve Tallership! cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by vanhelsing2099(m): 6:00am On Dec 22, 2013
Just a mere letter 4rm obj to GEj n

"THINGS FALL APART"

6 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by Nobody: 6:32am On Dec 22, 2013
I don't actuallly know who is more desperate for power?Is it this group of ppl standing or the president whose ppl oil land feeds these greedy corrupt lunatic human beings on that picrure?

I smell (desperation) all over tinubu, buhari, okorcha and the monkey obasanjo!!

Btwn we all know why !

Obj has been rejected by th e society for his animal behavior like beating up his many wives and having sex with his son's wife.

Okorocha so desperate to be in a fedral office yet have nothing to show as jst a state govt.

Tinubu the ugly king of yorubaland atleast nothing wrong expanding his kingdom to fedra level

Buhari the greedy desperate mohammed..if he really want a second chance, why not start with ur own state. Go thethere and be a governor then do the miracle in ur own state afterall they love u so much that they kill youth corpers because you didnt win election.

79 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by miccheck58: 6:35am On Dec 22, 2013
oh ok. I thought he embraced(hug) them one after the other..... *takes deep breath*

Last bomb: I love NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by Sirniyeh(m): 6:35am On Dec 22, 2013
All we need in Nigeria is CHANGE. The party name does not matter to me but their ideology to resolve to masses driven change.
Either PDP or APC, all we clamour for is change.
NEPA tarrif - N5
Phone tarrif - N5
Tertiary tuition fee - N35K
Sec and Primary sch - free
Water Free
Medical care Free
free salary to aged people
24/7 power supply.
The highest cost of car - N50K
Civi servants TAX free
Churches, Mosques and factories to pay TAX
Gov to take over garages and determine fixed fare

36 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by melicent: 6:44am On Dec 22, 2013
See them all ( thieves).

7 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by egbetokuns(m): 6:52am On Dec 22, 2013
Toaskarity: I don't actuallly know who is more desperate for power?Is it this group of ppl standing or the president whose ppl oil land feeds these greedy corrupt lunatic human beings on that picrure?

I smell (desperation) all over tinubu, buhari, okorcha and the monkey obasanjo!!

Btwn we all know why !

Obj has been rejected by th e society for his animal behavior like beating up his many wives and having sex. with his son's wife. I think u should happy that our democracy is going in a very good direction this time.if.can have very good 2 strong ~)

Okorocha so desperate to be in a fedral office yet have nothing to show as jst a state govt.

Tinubu the ugly king of yorubaland atleast nothing wrong expanding his kingdom to fedra level

Buhari the greedy desperate mohammed..if he really want a second chance, why not start with ur own state. Go thethere and be a governor then do the miracle in ur own state afterall they love u so much that they kill youth 9:::corpers because you didnt win election.
. its a good step In a good direction.i really appreciate their courage and their effort so far to make sure nigerian belong to all of us. Apc is a party that all nigerian shud welcome and give them the chance and test their ability at the federal level.they perform more than at state level. I must let's advice most people that against them that nigerian needs changes if we can have 2 party that very strong enough to challenge each other in this country Ithink things will turn around better for us. Obasanjo is a elder stateman and for buhari and tinubu to forget the past and mak sure to futher ahead for better of this country I think mandella even forgiv all is enemy.so this about democracy on one common interest.

38 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by Kassidy90(m): 6:54am On Dec 22, 2013
In politics there's no permanent friend no permanent enemy but permanent interest...........and while keeping your friends close try and keep your enemies closer. hmmmm ASIWAJU...

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by Nobody: 7:07am On Dec 22, 2013
I was here
Incase it makes front page

But if I must comment, I will say nigeria politician are all selfish thieves.
Re: Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by ignis: 7:14am On Dec 22, 2013
To me all politicians in Nigeria are thesame... They are all thieves...

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by piratedcopy(m): 7:14am On Dec 22, 2013
i really need to work hard to become first to comment. It is my new aim in life

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by PopeXanderVII: 7:15am On Dec 22, 2013
Toaskarity: I don't actuallly know who is more desperate for power?Is it this group of ppl standing or the president whose ppl oil land feeds these greedy corrupt lunatic human beings on that picrure?

Btwn we all know why !

Obj has been rejected by th e society for his animal behavior like beating up his many wives and having sex with his son's wife.

Buhari the greedy desperate mohammed..if he really want a second chance, why not start with ur own state. Go thethere and be a governor then do the miracle in ur own state afterall they love u so much that they kill youth corpers because you didnt win election.

Why don't you keep quiet if you have nothing to say?! Look at the non-entity fishing for Likes.

13 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by egift(m): 7:20am On Dec 22, 2013
Am impressed on how APC have carried its actions effectively.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by ajani1978(m): 7:21am On Dec 22, 2013
Am in surport of APC maybe things will better for poor. Let try them.

8 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by jeffizy(m): 7:21am On Dec 22, 2013
A concoction of strange bed-fellows.

It remains a mystery how this ship will sail with so many Captains on deck.

Whatever they do or do not do, I hope it works in favor of Nigerians.
We deserve better than we are getting from our political class.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by jeffizy(m): 7:25am On Dec 22, 2013
Toaskarity: I don't actually know who is more desperate for power?Is it this group of ppl standing or the president whose ppl oil land feeds these greedy corrupt lunatic human beings on that picrure?

Btwn we all know why !

Slow down man. Why are you hyper-ventilating?

Oh! I forgot it is what you get paid to do.

13 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by omenka(m): 7:29am On Dec 22, 2013

Btwn we all know why !

Oga, check your blood pressure. You may have ruptured a vessel without knowing it.

11 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by Olaone1: 7:30am On Dec 22, 2013
shocked shocked shocked
Hmmmmmm. Politics.

This is from Tinubu

“The meeting was not to woo him but to tap from his wealth of political experience.”
to a man who starved him of needed fund/allocation for effective and efficient local government administration

To your tent, O Israel

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by Olaone1: 7:41am On Dec 22, 2013
You have surmounted a number of crises.
^^From Tinubu to Obasanjo. If I may ask, Mr Tinubu, what crises? E.g the killing of Bola Ige? Or the one caused by denying your administration your deserved LG allocation? The uproar caused by the shameful neglect of Lagos State when he was in power? Or the shameful, deplorable and indefensible condition of federal roads in Lagos State despite being the nation's commercial nerve centre.

When Obasanjo was maltreating you, the masses supported you. Behold, you're now eulogizing the same man. You, Mr Tinubu, are a disgrace to Lagos State.

34 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by ziccoit: 7:43am On Dec 22, 2013

Btwn we all know why !

You need every variables to imapct a change on world. An optimist to encourage you, a pessimist to keep you on your toes, an evil planner to always keep you on alert, a good doer to fetch you a success.

No party can rule in this country without going the way of APC. These guys have traversed every regions in this country, paying visit to every possible political elements and juggernauts. We need to see the handwriting, which is boldly written, on the wall. Until proven otherwise, the rein of PDP may end by 2015 if going by these APC guys decisive pace.

17 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by oluwashaddow(m): 7:49am On Dec 22, 2013
ignis: To me all politicians in Nigeria are thesame... They are all thieves...
U see my dear dis is one of d major reason why we have few xtrian politicians, it is ur likes dat discourage dem saying politicians are all thieves, but Nigeria will start changing wen we start encouraging good people to join politics rather dan discourage dem.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by Olaone1: 7:52am On Dec 22, 2013
oluwashaddow: U see my dear dis is one of d major reason why we have few xtrian politicians, it is ur likes dat discourage dem saying politicians are all thieves, but Nigeria will start changing wen we start encouraging good people to join politics rather dan discourage dem.
So Xtians are the good politicians. You dey Okay so?

Tony Anenih is a Xtian

Obasanjo is a Xtian

GEJ is a Xtian

Bode George sef.

Again, you dey okay so?

16 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by oluwashaddow(m): 7:53am On Dec 22, 2013
Ola one:
^^From Tinubu to Obasanjo. If I may ask, Mr Tinubu, what crises? E.g the killing of Bola Ige? Or the one caused by denying your administration your deserved LG allocation? The uproar caused by the shameful neglect of Lagos State when he was in power? Or the shameful, deplorable and indefensible condition of federal roads in Lagos State despite being the nation's commercial nerve centre.

When Obasanjo was maltreating you, the masses supported you. Behold, you're now eulogizing the same man. You, Mr Tinubu, are a disgrace to Lagos State.
The enemy of ur enemy is what?.....and do u think they will be successful if the likes of obj sees them as threat and enemy.... dey need all dis evil geniuses by there side

6 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:55am On Dec 22, 2013

Btwn we all know why !

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry make i bring bucket?

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by oluwashaddow(m): 7:56am On Dec 22, 2013
Ola one: So Xtians are the good politicians. You dey Okay so?

Tony Anenih is a Xtian

Obasanjo is a Xtian

GEJ is a Xtian

Bode George sef.

Again, you dey okay so?
am just saying we should encourage good people to join politics and not leave it to the hands of evil ones,afterall we all own Nigeria and are all stakeholders

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by realborn(m): 7:59am On Dec 22, 2013
APC is in a strange alliance of the good, the bad, the evil and the ugly. I am dazed at the level of consultation and efforts to add all and sundry to the team notwithstanding the integrity, past records, capability or know how of such person(s).

It all seems like a waste baggage dump site. What is the procedure to recycle these political wastes for suitable use? It will be a shame for APC to think Nigerians will accept these unscrupulous fellows as progressive just because of the desperation to form a party of numbers.

PDP has failed for 14 years; APC seems to be failing on arrival; The old AC.N in my opinion seems to be the best thus far with Governors who have their heads aptly fixed, join a couple of PDP Governors, Chime and co and the chapter gets closed. Thereafter, what is left is a charade!

Long way to go Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by Nobody: 8:08am On Dec 22, 2013
Why do I have the feeling that this party is an Islamic agenda. Almost all of the party chieftains and stakeholders are Muslims. Governor Rochas Okorocha even donated some of his people to Islam.

Jonathan will continue to release oxygen into the Nigeria atmosphere beyond 2015.

I and My family will never inhale poisonous gas of the APCgrin

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by Nobody: 8:09am On Dec 22, 2013
Its funny .. i try to reply ppl that quote me but none of them makes sense except ziccoit who by the way sound like someone who lost some part of his human brain. And he is saying no matter how evil is this ppl they are the hope we got!! Smh..

Jst put a bullet in ur head son!

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by fflamingo(m): 8:18am On Dec 22, 2013
A old wine in a new bottle, spoil not only the bottle but corrupt everything.
Obaanjo had been the warlord for PDP since 1998, defecting to APC will be the worst thing that would ever happen to Nigeria.
Mark my words..

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by snika: 8:32am On Dec 22, 2013
Olusegun Oba sa njo. APC perfectly fits you. You shouldn't be in the same party as good men lhke Goodluck Jonathan in the first place.

You are now officially a Progrethief. Congrats.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by rozayx5(m): 9:06am On Dec 22, 2013
ajani1978: Am in surport of APC maybe things will better for poor. Let try them.

sure, like erecting 2 toll gates withing few kilometers, beating and imprisoning poor traders illegally and deporting them , i can see cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Honorable Kemi Banjo (Alatika): 'Tasted, Trusted & Reliable' / Oshiomhole Behind My Predicament - Rochas Okorocha After Meeting Buhari / Governors Ugwuanyi And Umahi Attend Mbaka's Adoration Harvest Service (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.