Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,211 members, 7,953,775 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:52 AM

Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo (28283 Views)

Senator Ben Bruce Making Plans Of Joining The APC? (see Tweets) / Chicken Republic Was Also Harsh Against APC! See Pix! / PDP Vs APC:See The Hilarious Adverts That Have Got Everyone Talking(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by Nobody: 9:44am On Dec 22, 2013
The same OBJ who made sure, thru INEC and EFCC, that opposition parties didn't have any foothold in any part of the country is now being wooed by opposition parties. This is wonderful.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by Nobody: 9:47am On Dec 22, 2013
ettybaba:
Who are you?
I am your god! cool
Re: Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by ejifranks(m): 9:47am On Dec 22, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The same OBJ who made sure, thru INEC and EFCC, that opposition parties didn't have any foothold in any part of the country is now being wooed by opposition parties. This is wonderful.
very very wonderful..
Re: Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by ojimbo(m): 9:47am On Dec 22, 2013
melicent: See them all ( thieves).
these are still the same group of criminals that destroy Nigeria when dey were in PDP, now they have change their part name to start where they stop, i wish you all plane crash before 2015

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by Olaone1: 9:49am On Dec 22, 2013
2s£xy:
I am your god! cool
grin grin
Re: Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by Nobody: 9:50am On Dec 22, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The same OBJ who made sure, thru INEC and EFCC, that opposition parties didn't have any foothold in any part of the country is now being wooed by opposition parties. This is wonderful.
with the way things are going, I have no choice but to vote for GEJ, even though I didn't vote him in the last election.

APC has killed the my taste bud.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by lutheran(m): 9:52am On Dec 22, 2013
Ola one:
^^From Tinubu to Obasanjo. If I may ask, Mr Tinubu, what crises? E.g the killing of Bola Ige? Or the one caused by denying your administration your deserved LG allocation? The uproar caused by the shameful neglect of Lagos State when he was in power? Or the shameful, deplorable and indefensible condition of federal roads in Lagos State despite being the nation's commercial nerve centre.

When Obasanjo was maltreating you, the masses supported you. Behold, you're now eulogizing the same man. You, Mr Tinubu, are a disgrace to Lagos State.

your comment shows why you can not become ordinary councillor in your ward

In politics there's no permanent friend no permanent enemy but permanent
interest...........and while keeping your friends close try and keep your enemies
closer. hmmmm ASIWAJU.............
Re: Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by ceejayluv(m): 9:53am On Dec 22, 2013
so lemme get this straight.... The same obj that has been blamed by the opposition to have driven the country to this hellish level. The same obj that they claimed entrenched corruption and has been called all sorts of names is now their God father.... Now tell me, what will then be the difference between pdp and Apc if they (fictionally) win the next election? APC has failed in the ideological game. Too bad.
Re: Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by lutheran(m): 9:58am On Dec 22, 2013
Ola one: So Xtians are the good politicians. You dey Okay so?

Tony Anenih is a Xtian

Obasanjo is a Xtian

GEJ is a Xtian

Bode George sef.

Again, you dey okay so?

why are you reasoning with your anus?
Re: Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 22, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Fashola and Oshiomole did not go with them? It seems those two still have their minds intact.
do you think they're trying to decamp to PDP? undecided
Re: Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by EchuaA: 9:59am On Dec 22, 2013
Nigeria is heading to greatness, we need not be afraid of change. Mediocrity will only blind us all. Even if APC does not win 2015, it will keep PDP on their feet.
Re: Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by ojimbo(m): 10:03am On Dec 22, 2013
greggng: My people let us look at the brighter side of things. Two party system is exactly what nigeria need. This will enhance democracy and health competition. Democracy without opposition is dead. Shame to pdp who thinks the can rule nigeria for 60 years
is it not the same corrupt people in pdp that is now in apc?

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by Olaone1: 10:03am On Dec 22, 2013
lutheran:

why are you reasoning with your anus?
Ode!
Re: Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by cydophobia(m): 10:05am On Dec 22, 2013
Toaskarity: I don't actuallly know who is more desperate for power?Is it this group of ppl standing or the president whose ppl oil land feeds these greedy corrupt lunatic human beings on that picrure?

I smell (desperation) all over tinubu, buhari, okorcha and the monkey obasanjo!!

Btwn we all know why !

Obj has been rejected by th e society for his animal behavior like beating up his many wives and having sex with his son's wife.

Okorocha so desperate to be in a fedral office yet have nothing to show as jst a state govt.

Tinubu the ugly king of yorubaland atleast nothing wrong expanding his kingdom to fedra level

Buhari the greedy desperate mohammed..if he really want a second chance, why not start with ur own state. Go thethere and be a governor then do the miracle in ur own state afterall they love u so much that they kill youth corpers because you didnt win election.

What is this one saying?This dude is mentally somersaulted.
Re: Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by Nobody: 10:06am On Dec 22, 2013
corrupt leaders
Re: Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by Jenkizo: 10:10am On Dec 22, 2013
Toaskarity: I don't actuallly know who is more desperate for power?Is it this group of ppl standing or the president whose ppl oil land feeds these greedy corrupt lunatic human beings on that picrure?

I smell (desperation) all over tinubu, buhari, okorcha and the monkey obasanjo!!

Btwn we all know why !

Obj has been rejected by th e society for his animal behavior like beating up his many wives and having sex with his son's wife.

Okorocha so desperate to be in a fedral office yet have nothing to show as jst a state govt.

Tinubu the ugly king of yorubaland atleast nothing wrong expanding his kingdom to fedra level

Buhari the greedy desperate mohammed..if he really want a second chance, why not start with ur own state. Go thethere and be a governor then do the miracle in ur own state afterall they love u so much that they kill youth corpers because you didnt win election.
you are very stupid for calling notable Nigerians names because they are in position and also because your brother, an Ijaw man is a president of the country come to think of it, if not because of his clueless and institutionalized corrupt style of leadership we wouldn't have gotten to this worst stage of our existence as a country. Nigeria is too big to be a one party state and we will prove it come 2015.
Re: Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by Olaone1: 10:10am On Dec 22, 2013
lutheran:

interest...........and while keeping your friends close try and keep your enemies
Asssshole, don't worry, Obasanjo will soon surmount another crisis and that will be the upheaval that will be caused as a result of his soon-to-be successful takeover bid of APC.

Just watch, you political neophyte.
Re: Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by henrixx(m): 10:11am On Dec 22, 2013
Nigerians shud 4get d name change...dis is a regrouped version of PDP. dey r still d same people... how i wish Nigerians could kickstart a revolution by not coming out to vote on DAT election day in 2015
Re: Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by gogodaye(m): 10:13am On Dec 22, 2013
Still on~going the hurried assemblage of the desperate elements constituting the divisionist political 'godfathers' in Nigeria's own 'axis of evil'...We see them coming from the north, south, east & west......strategizing to do one of their ilk in....a recalcitrant political 'godson' who is basking in his newly found pathway to freedom by way of political self assertion & actualization.
All past misdeeds, refusals to meet at official engagements, temporarily forgotten & forgiven...for success...
Re: Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by TechWalker007: 10:14am On Dec 22, 2013
Governor Murtala Nyako of Adamawa State came to the former president’s house in company with the former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commissioin, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu; the former minister of aviation, Chief Femi Fani-Kayode and others in a convoy of three black jeeps.

Ribadu now drives with Nyako? Hmmmm. I used to respect Ribadu a lot. Even supported him against GEJ.

The Chairman of the New PDP, Kawu Baraje led some of his members and the former Kaduna State Chairman, Yero Makama, to the meeting.
Presenting the party chieftains and the APC governors to Obasanjo during the opening of the meeting, Akande said the party was in support of the former president’s 18-page letter to President Goodluck Jonathan.

Sounds familiar? They came to thank him for a job well done?

The APC National Leader, Tinubu who alluded to Obasanjo’s contribution to the building of the Nigerian nation, lamented that the country was divided more than ever.

Apparently referring to Obasanjo’s recent letter to Jonathan, he enjoined the former president not to shy away from speaking the truth.
Tinubu added that the APC had resolved to rescue Nigeria, appealing to Obasanjo to lead the mission.

Tinubu hailing OBJ and asking him to lead the "mission"? Very funny, why didn't they support his 3rd term back then so he can "lead the mission".
By the way, GEJ was OBJ's plan. He only lost hold of GEJ, that's his beef, not that he didn't plan for GEJ to be there.

“You’ve come out of tribulation and held the highest position in this country. We are here because of your courage. Nobody can say he has information more than you. You have surmounted a number of crises. Nigeria is divided more than before; to realise stable Nigeria, we want to encourage you to continue to speak the truth. We’re resolved and determined to rescue Nigeria. We want you as navigator,” he said.

OBJ is responsible for the divide. Ask the core Northerners and they will tell you. OBJ gave Northern Christians a voice, gave MB a voice, gave SS a voice and the SE to a great extent.
He helped the various regions become aware of their place and role in Nigeria. This is one thing I"ll always commend OBJ for.

Responding, Obasanjo, who said he remained a card-carrying member of the ruling PDP, described himself as an “incurable optimist” totally committed to Nigeria’s well-being.

He vowed that nothing would distract him from his commitment to the Nigerian nation.

I agree to this a great deal only that OBJ prefers when he is in control.

Obasanjo also enjoined the opposition party to play a constructive politics “without bitterness”

The former president said, “I am a card carrying member of the PDP but the politics I play traverses Nigeria, Africa and world in that order. I am a democrat and one of the essential ingredients of democracy is opposition. A democracy that has no opposition built into it is not democracy.

“As an opposition, you are enhancing democracy. You are at home, you are welcome. I will just appeal that the politics you play is politics without rancour, without bitterness, with decency, that has Nigeria at heart. I am an incurable optimist about Nigeria, I am totally committed to Nigeria and nothing will divert me from that commitment.”

A fatherly advise? I think so. APC need to heed to the advice and stop using rancour, bitterness as their motivation and have some decency, because they have none.

At the end, it goes to show that APC are power hungry and not progressives as they claimed. They have no other agenda than to unseat GEJ. They talk like GEJ is PDP and has been PDP since 1999.
They sound like Nigeria that has been ruled by OBJ twice, Buhari and many others from North and West for a period of 59years of retrogression just started having problems after GEJ became president in 2010 (3 years ago).

They claim they will fight corruption yet have Tinubu, Nyako, ex PDD leaders in their midst.
I am a happy man today because when I withdrew my support from ACN before it merged into APC, this was exactly what I told my close friends.
APC has no agenda, ACN lost it's agenda when they became power hungry.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by TechWalker007: 10:19am On Dec 22, 2013

And the same GEJ who has allowed opposition party to thrive is the one they are against.

Very wonderful indeed!

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by TechWalker007: 10:21am On Dec 22, 2013
lutheran:

Your comments show why APC are bunch of hypocrites!!!
Re: Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by TechWalker007: 10:22am On Dec 22, 2013
Echua A: Nigeria is heading to greatness, we need not be afraid of change. Mediocrity will only blind us all. Even if APC does not win 2015, it will keep PDP on their feet.

That's the only reason I don't want the downfall of APC even when I detest them and their gimmicks.
Re: Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by dagr8(m): 10:23am On Dec 22, 2013
odedeyi01:
“You’ve come out of tribulation and held the highest position in this country. We are here because of your courage. Nobody can say he has information more than you. You have surmounted a number of crises. Nigeria is divided more than before; to realise stable Nigeria, we want to encourage you to continue to speak the truth. We’re resolved and determined to rescue Nigeria. We want you as navigator,” he said.

At the end of their two-hour meeting, Tinubu, in a chat with newsmen, denied that the APC had come to woo the former president.
He said, “The meeting was not to woo him but to tap from his wealth of political experience.

Politics sha grin grin grin.....so Buhari/Tinubu and Obasanjo will be willing to walk together

Okay o...when are we paying IBB a visit
Re: Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by mdokpella: 10:32am On Dec 22, 2013
APC is fast becoming a comedy club! How could Уσυ embrace the same people Уσυ have been demanding changes from?

Tinubu is eulogizing the same man whom he fought througout his eight years as a governor. The same OBJ and PDP he accused of defrauding Nigeria. Well, am surprise that all these are happening. It only shows how desperate our so called messiahs are.

We shoudl expect a change of nomencleture soon from APC to something else.

Tinubu is a disgrace and he is being desperate. And as for Buhari, I thought yo said Уσυ are done with politics in Nigeria, that Уσυ won't contest? What are Уσυ still looking for? May God help this country.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by NonsoChris(m): 10:34am On Dec 22, 2013
I didn't see where Obj embraced APC. You can point it out to me if you see it. Please don't quote me or tell me any other thing apart from pointing the "embrace" out to me.
Musa! abeg get me my glass.
Re: Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by AnanseK(m): 10:37am On Dec 22, 2013
Btwn we all know why !

You sound more desperate but your tears will not help. GEJ has had it and he may end up in jail. We are glad to see the end of PDP impunity. Don't cry for now , time for your weeping is coming for you thugs and your criminal masters. You ain't seen nothing yet!
Re: Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by khattab02: 10:38am On Dec 22, 2013
piratedcopy: i really need to work hard to become first to comment. It is my new aim in life
lol. So u don't know how to comment first? Go and search for topics and comment before it hits front page. By the way, what do you gain in becoming first to comment?
Re: Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by Blackheritage: 10:40am On Dec 22, 2013
van-helsing2099:
Just a mere letter 4rm obj to GEj n

"THINGS FALL APART"
My that remins me of a saying in yoruba land that " If a child has house full of clothes like the elders, he cannever have house full of rags like elders".... because d age will tell, experience will tell.

And see if we have 200 hypocrites n 1 honest person in a house, when it comes to d issue of to entrust or trust something of each person's interest in that house, they know themselves and all will rather like n vote for that single honest person because they all know theirselves and will never trust one another when it comes to issue of personal interest...
Re: Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by AnanseK(m): 10:41am On Dec 22, 2013
2s£xy:
with the way things are going, I have no choice but to vote for GEJ, even though I didn't vote him in the last election.

Good luck to you as your Hero may be in prison by the time we have election in 2015. Things are moving really fast.

You may have to be an inmate to vote for him.
Re: Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by light574(m): 10:42am On Dec 22, 2013
Despite d daily rantings of those who claim they know too much on nl,especially as regards politics,i have restrained myself from posting or commenting on any for some time now.....but i feel constrained to say something today......
Agreed! Pdp is bad......bt honestly I PREFER MY ENEMIES IN ONE BUNCH ......we certainly need change.....bt we must be cautious of the type we are presently lured to accept........see what the apc governors are doing in their states,oshiomole and edo state,with their development that doesnt touch d common man........one thing i know....if apc wins d coming election,they will never loose any election anywhere in nigeria again....their grip on power will be very firm,opposition will die completely.....and we will remain where we are...and we will get asthetic development which will not touch us,but which we will be forced to admire from d distance we will be placed.....and they will cleanse d country of filth;us! Especially our filthy and humble means of livelihood!......
A very big pity that these false beacons of hope will prolong the 'REVOLUTION' we need in this county
we need an OVERHAULING.....not demons switching parties
Re: Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo by paschalndidi(m): 10:45am On Dec 22, 2013
ajani1978: Am in surport of APC maybe things will better for poor. Let try them.
u seem to be an incurable optimist like obj. Maybe u ve forgotten that pdp members re the ones dominating the so called apc. You better stand up and work for yourself rather than expecting manna that will never come from heaven

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oby Ezekwesili Arrested At Airport & Released / Wole Soyinka's Woeful Silence / Fayose Inspects 80% Completed Oja Oba Market, Ado Ekiti (photos + Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.