Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Is It Necessary To Write A Resignation Letter Before You Stop Work In An Office - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is It Necessary To Write A Resignation Letter Before You Stop Work In An Office (15076 Views)

Were To Writw Cover Letter Before Attached It / Is My Excuse For Not Writing A Resignation Letter Tenable? / Please Help With Guidelines In Writing A Resignation Letter. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Necessary To Write A Resignation Letter Before You Stop Work In An Office by Bunker1(m): 5:58pm On Dec 05, 2014
brito:

meet me here
what spoiled your mode?
Re: Is It Necessary To Write A Resignation Letter Before You Stop Work In An Office by Nobody: 6:01pm On Dec 05, 2014
Bunker1:
what spoiled your mode?

I felt so depressed, sorry for that comment

2 Likes

Re: Is It Necessary To Write A Resignation Letter Before You Stop Work In An Office by Bunker1(m): 6:08pm On Dec 05, 2014
brito:

I felt so depressed, sorry for that comment
it does happen I understand at times. can you allow me to see if I can help?
Re: Is It Necessary To Write A Resignation Letter Before You Stop Work In An Office by Nobody: 6:14pm On Dec 05, 2014
Bunker1:
it does happen I understand at times. can you allow me to see if I can help?

ok, let's be talking
Re: Is It Necessary To Write A Resignation Letter Before You Stop Work In An Office by Bunker1(m): 6:21pm On Dec 05, 2014
brito:

ok, let's be talking
what actually converted you normal mode? you can give me tips I will get it
Re: Is It Necessary To Write A Resignation Letter Before You Stop Work In An Office by Nobody: 6:23pm On Dec 05, 2014
Bunker1:
what actually converted you normal mode? you can give me tips I will get it

I didn't get your question, why are you slow
Re: Is It Necessary To Write A Resignation Letter Before You Stop Work In An Office by Bunker1(m): 6:34pm On Dec 05, 2014
brito:

I didn't get your question, why are you slow
please brito is the message private to both of us?
Re: Is It Necessary To Write A Resignation Letter Before You Stop Work In An Office by Nobody: 6:39pm On Dec 05, 2014
Bunker1:
please brito is the message private to both of us?

Somehow, you can remove your comments if you want to
Re: Is It Necessary To Write A Resignation Letter Before You Stop Work In An Office by Nobody: 7:03pm On Dec 05, 2014
[quote author=Bunker1 post=28623724] please brito is the message private to both of us?
[/quote

I'm outa here
Re: Is It Necessary To Write A Resignation Letter Before You Stop Work In An Office by Bunker1(m): 7:47pm On Dec 05, 2014
brito:

Somehow, you can remove your comments if you want to
I wanna know what got you upset today? feel free let the cat out of the bag
Re: Is It Necessary To Write A Resignation Letter Before You Stop Work In An Office by Nobody: 7:51pm On Dec 05, 2014
Bunker1:

You are not fast , i will do that later, maybe by 10pm
Re: Is It Necessary To Write A Resignation Letter Before You Stop Work In An Office by gladlacute(f): 7:52pm On Dec 05, 2014
byne:
is like this trend is for me.. cos am planing of quitting my job soon... as 4 me i am planing of resigning within 24hours....
My dear eh, I'm also asking the same question oooh cos I've resigned 2day sef and no notice,as I dey so I'm dancing shoki cos I just got my salary alert for the month of november
Re: Is It Necessary To Write A Resignation Letter Before You Stop Work In An Office by Nobody: 8:12pm On Dec 05, 2014
Bunker1:

Who asked you to monitor me here? Your post on the nude lady's thread is suspicious, come clear me pls.
Re: Is It Necessary To Write A Resignation Letter Before You Stop Work In An Office by Bunker1(m): 8:14pm On Dec 05, 2014
brito:

You are not fast , i will do that later, maybe by 10pm
I know dear am a programmer that's why. just tell me now.
Re: Is It Necessary To Write A Resignation Letter Before You Stop Work In An Office by Saryea83: 8:24pm On Dec 06, 2014
psucc:
You must give at least 3months notice before the effective date or forgo a months salary in lieu of notice. It is the law. Else, if your employer is a gullible type, he may sue you and make claims.
That applies if you were given appointment letter. Nt mine that i v worked for 3months nothing as such.
Re: Is It Necessary To Write A Resignation Letter Before You Stop Work In An Office by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 06, 2014
What if you we're not given an employment letter
Re: Is It Necessary To Write A Resignation Letter Before You Stop Work In An Office by olabanji88(m): 7:06am On Dec 07, 2014
Yomieluv:
you cant try that in some organization,most especially if the organization incurred cost of retraining you. Some even give stipulated time,you can even think of leaving them.
Guy I get people for my work place wey dey under two year bond a rival company saw der potential and poached them like 5 at once the company later realized but was to late cause by d time dey found der initial contract had expired and dey had no grounds to sue
Re: Is It Necessary To Write A Resignation Letter Before You Stop Work In An Office by Mustay(m): 6:54am On Dec 08, 2014
bossmini84:
What if you we're not given an employment letter

That's almost like having no employment contract - what else have you signed in this company? Cos there may just have been a clause you've acknowledged to follow.
Re: Is It Necessary To Write A Resignation Letter Before You Stop Work In An Office by obyno10ten: 10:40am On Dec 10, 2014
olawumia:
Section 11, labour law states how contract of employment can be terminated.
Section 11 subsection 2 states :The notice to be given for the purpose of subsection 1 of dis section shall be:
a: one day notice where d contract has continued for a period of 3 months or less
b: one week where d contract has continued for more than 3 months but less Dan 2 yrs.
C: notice of 2 weeks where d contract has continued for 2 yrs but less 5yrs
D: one month where the contract has continued for five or more
Subsection 3 states that any notice for a period of one week or more shall be in writing.

Back.to.d.matter its very important to give notice.

What about situations where you are employed without employment letter. I mean no formal paper works

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Customs Service Is Recruiting / Reputable Oil & Gas Conglomerate Fresh Graduate & Exp.job Vacancies-47 Positions / Kaduna State Releases List Of Successful Teacher S Board Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.