Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,559 members, 7,812,814 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:45 PM

What Was Gods Purpose In Creating Humanity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Was Gods Purpose In Creating Humanity (1689 Views)

What Is God's Purpose In The World Today? / According To The Quran,allah Help In Creating The World Largest Religion. / Do Atheists Have Hope? What Is Their Purpose In Life? What Keeps Atheists Alive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Was Gods Purpose In Creating Humanity by acorntree(m): 4:35pm On Dec 22, 2013
Why did GOD create human beings into a universe already heavily contaminated with sin?
Why did GOD create human race?
The human race is not responsible for sin. Sin was already present in the universe when GOD created Adam and Eve. Satan and his angels had been sinning for some period of time, maybe a very long time, before Adam and EVe were created.
Why didn't GOD solve the sin problem with the angels? After all, that's where the sin problem started.
Why was the human race drawn into this mess. We didn't ask to be here. Not a single one of us asked to be born. And we certainly didn't ask to be born sinners. I don't mean that babies are born sinning, I just mean that, as the bible says''ALL have sinned.....roman 3:23
Why did GOD created Adam and eve perfect and then put satan right in their neighbourhood?
If GOD really didn't want Adam and EVe to sin, why did GOD place the tree of knowledge of good and evil right in their living room where they had to pass by it everyday?
Also, why did GOD create a single tree that contained the knowledge of both good and evil? In other words, why did GOD combine good and evil in the same tree?
Before adam and eve sin is there any biblical record that they ever praised GOD?
Before they sinned, did Adam and Eve understand what a magnificient garden GOD had given them for their home?how could they, they had never experienced anything else.
Before they sinned, did Adam and EVe understand what good health was? How could they, they had never been sick. They had never seen disease nor death in anything-----not in humanity not in animals, nor in plants..Adam and Eve could not appreciate any of these things because they had never known anything other than perfection.

1 Like

Re: What Was Gods Purpose In Creating Humanity by DeepSight(m): 5:12pm On Dec 22, 2013
What if God did not create us?

What if other beings else where created us as a biological experiment. Lab rats. What if.
Re: What Was Gods Purpose In Creating Humanity by spyroet(m): 5:13pm On Dec 22, 2013
to my own idea i think God is testing all of us to see who is realy rightous and to see if anybody can be like him, God created man in his own image and likeness, he gave us wisdom and understandin to know good from bad. So God is not punishing us at all.
Re: What Was Gods Purpose In Creating Humanity by Ranchhoddas: 5:24pm On Dec 22, 2013
If u ask meeeeeeee,na who i go aaaaaask?
Re: What Was Gods Purpose In Creating Humanity by raptureready: 5:28pm On Dec 22, 2013
@op

Hmmm...

The "we didn't start the fire" argument.

I'd like to try to answer, but the no. of questions there many O!
Re: What Was Gods Purpose In Creating Humanity by Emusan(m): 5:36pm On Dec 22, 2013
Op you made a mistake.
Firstly, Universe was not contaminated with sin and chaos not untill Adam sinned.

UNDERSTAND THE FALL OF MAN
When God created everything and declared them "good". Then shortly Satan reasons within himself to be like God and have his own dominion but forgotten that he is a created being. God has to allow time to pass to show that he can never be like Him. God then cast satan out of heaven. When satan met with Eve, he raised two accusation against God which require a time to settle not a game between God and Satan but just to tell satan that he is a created being.

1) Satan called God a liar: how? Satan told Eve "you will not surely die" of which God has given them instruction that any day they eat from the tree "they will surely die". Here Satan was trying to play a good boy in his statement "I'm the one telling you the truth but God is lying to you"
When Adam and Eve died, didn't that prove that God is the one telling the truth and that Satan is the one lying? Actually I did. But there is more to Satan's challenge.

2) Satan said man can be better of without God's rulership: how? Satan told Eve "God knows that the day you eat the fruit, your eyes would be opened and you will be like God, knowing good and bad" Can you see that? The best way God can allow Satan to prove his point os to allow time to pass...when Adam and Eve hearken unto the voice of satan thinking truly they can live their lives without God be in control...God then polluted the universe and allow satan and man to battle with it maybe they can bring it back to a perfection like it was after creation.

God has already condemned satan and his angels into eternal destruction but man can be part of satan's angel when living under the two delusion of satan that brought man down. God has prepared a means for those who loved Him and ready to obey His commandment and He has chosen a day to destroy satan and all his angels(including human who he acquired as angel).

Do you want to escape this destruction through God's only begotten Son who He has chosen to reconciled everyone who obey Him to Himself or you want to be part of destruction by becoming one of the satan angel? The choice is yours!

Shalom!
Re: What Was Gods Purpose In Creating Humanity by acorntree(m): 7:17pm On Dec 22, 2013
spyroet: to my own idea i think God is testing all of us to see who is realy rightous and to see if anybody can be like him, God created man in his own image and likeness, he gave us wisdom and understandin to know good from bad. So God is not punishing us at all.

Why must GOD test us inorder to know whelther we will be righteous or not. Are we not created in his image. Is he not the Alpha and Omega. If his will for us is to go to heaven why not leave us in our spirit being . Why must we pass through the earthly form. Why can't he deal with devil in heaven
Re: What Was Gods Purpose In Creating Humanity by greatgod2012(f): 7:41pm On Dec 22, 2013
@op, some questions are better not asked, because you may never get a satisfactory answers to your questions.
My humble opinion please.
Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: What Was Gods Purpose In Creating Humanity by acorntree(m): 7:49pm On Dec 22, 2013
Emusan: Op you made a mistake.
Firstly, Universe was not contaminated with sin and chaos not untill Adam sinned.

When God created everything and declared them "good". Then shortly Satan reasons within himself to be like God and have his own dominion but forgotten that he is a created being. God has to allow time to pass to show that he can never be like Him. God then cast satan out of heaven. When satan met with Eve, he raised two accusation against God which require a time to settle not a game between God and Satan but just to tell satan that he is a created being.

1) Satan called God a liar: how? Satan told Eve "you will not surely die" of which God has given them instruction that any day they eat from the tree "they will surely die". Here Satan was trying to play a good boy in his statement "I'm the one telling you the truth but God is lying to you"
When Adam and Eve died, didn't that prove that God is the one telling the truth and that Satan is the one lying? Actually I did. But there is more to Satan's challenge.

2) Satan said man can be better of without God's rulership: how? Satan told Eve "God knows that the day you eat the fruit, your eyes would be opened and you will be like God, knowing good and bad" Can you see that? The best way God can allow Satan to prove his point os to allow time to pass...when Adam and Eve hearken unto the voice of satan thinking truly they can live their lives without God be in control...God then polluted the universe and allow satan and man to battle with it maybe they can bring it back to a perfection like it was after creation.

God has already condemned satan and his angels into eternal destruction but man can be part of satan's angel when living under the two delusion of satan that brought man down. God has prepared a means for those who loved Him and ready to obey His commandment and He has chosen a day to destroy satan and all his angels(including human who he acquired as angel).

Do you want to escape this destruction through God's only begotten Son who He has chosen to reconciled everyone who obey Him to Himself or you want to be part of destruction by becoming one of the satan angel? The choice is yours!

Shalom!

Who created satan? Is it not GOD himself. Is satan not among the fallen angel. How come satan suddenly become more powerful than GOD.If every GODs creation is ''good'' where does satan evolve from. if heavenly being(satan) can sin who are we. Why do GOD have to pollute the earth and allow satan to destroy his work. why must human suffer for things they do not know anything about. Why are animals excluded from the everlasting condemnation.
If GOD is LOVE. I hope love should encompasses both evil and good. Why do GOD condemn the evil and reward the good
Re: What Was Gods Purpose In Creating Humanity by emotional(m): 7:49pm On Dec 22, 2013
'One pursuing such enquiries is like squirrel which frantically runs around and round the circling treadmill Wheel of his cage,travelling ever and yet reaching nowhere-at the end a prisoner still and standing just where he started'

'we are all here for a reason which has been written' the truth can only be revealed during 'transition' (death) to d other side. any religious theories are mere speculations. my thought.

oh, one more. free your mind from those religious dogma(those stories of Adam sinned and you are to pay d Price) that will help.
Re: What Was Gods Purpose In Creating Humanity by 9jaSceptic: 8:10pm On Dec 22, 2013
Guy if your mind is not strong i.e. if you're the lilly-livered type i advise you stop this inquiry and continue your life peacefully, you don't want to get to a confused state of mind, I started like you too and my curiousity revealed so many things i was unable to stomach, don't open the pandora's box if you ain't FIT.
Re: What Was Gods Purpose In Creating Humanity by acorntree(m): 8:12pm On Dec 22, 2013
Why is lives full of so many mysteries? Why is our existence so complicated? Why do we have to search for meaning in our lives? Why do have to find ourselves in a hopeless predicament? Why do GOD not make things simple for us and easily understandable . Is GOD hidding some things from us?Despite advancement in science and technology man has not been able to findmeaning for their existence.
Re: What Was Gods Purpose In Creating Humanity by Nobody: 8:17pm On Dec 22, 2013
acorn tree: Why is lives full of so many mysteries? Why is our existence so complicated? Why do we have to search for meaning in our lives? Why do have to find ourselves in a hopeless predicament? Why do GOD not make things simple for us and easily understandable . Is GOD hidding some things from us?Despite advancement in science and technology man has not been able to findmeaning for their existence.

Go through some of the links on this thread. Take your time. You're at the beginning of a great journey, I hope.

https://www.nairaland.com/1468269/religion-section-reference-library-sticky
Re: What Was Gods Purpose In Creating Humanity by acorntree(m): 8:40pm On Dec 22, 2013
emotional: '

oh, one more. free your mind from those religious dogma(those stories of Adam sinned and you are to pay d Price) that will help.

Too many man made ideologies. Religious dogmas have even complicate the whole issue. Religion are pure human imagination and assumption. Everything seems like conspiracy theorem to me. Do I ve to wait till death till I know the reason for my existence?
Re: What Was Gods Purpose In Creating Humanity by OlaoChi: 8:47pm On Dec 22, 2013
Why are you using only a Christian perspective? Muslims, Jews, Buddhist have a different view
Re: What Was Gods Purpose In Creating Humanity by Nobody: 8:49pm On Dec 22, 2013
OlaoChi: Why are you using only a Christian perspective? Muslims, Jews, Buddhist have a different view
He's probably a Christian.
Re: What Was Gods Purpose In Creating Humanity by acorntree(m): 8:59pm On Dec 22, 2013
@olachi.Quaran support the bible on the story of creation. The only contradiction is that the bible says Adam was created on earth, in the Garden of Eden(genesis 2:cool, while quaran says Adam was created in paradise '' janna'', not on earth and he and his wife were later banished to earth quaran 2:36. Jew bible which is old testament also support creation. Budhist writtings on creation does not exist. Buddhism emphasizes practices over beliefs . Buddhism faith centers on correct understanding of human nature (enlightement).

1 Like

Re: What Was Gods Purpose In Creating Humanity by Oduduwaboy(m): 9:09pm On Dec 22, 2013
Hmmmmm ......maybe the Christian understanding of God, sin etc is faulty or maybe there is no god at all !
Re: What Was Gods Purpose In Creating Humanity by Oduduwaboy(m): 9:11pm On Dec 22, 2013
acorn tree:

Too many man made ideologies. Religious dogmas have even complicate the whole issue. Religion are pure human imagination and assumption. Everything seems like conspiracy theorem to me. Do I ve to wait till death till I know the reason for my existence?
am proud of you because you are really thinking !
Re: What Was Gods Purpose In Creating Humanity by lanrexlan(m): 9:20pm On Dec 22, 2013
The reason for your existence is worship.Allah says in the glorious Quran in Surah Ad-Dhariyat 51:56 -And I (Allah) created not the jinns and humans except they should worship Me (Alone).Now,this is the purpose of your creation

3 Likes

Re: What Was Gods Purpose In Creating Humanity by raptureready: 9:25pm On Dec 22, 2013
@op

You are asking a lot of questions a mile a minute. We can't answer them all at the same time.

If you need answers on this forum, collect them together and ask them one after the other simply.

We'll try to answer what we can.

Start a new thread if possible.
Re: What Was Gods Purpose In Creating Humanity by acorntree(m): 9:30pm On Dec 22, 2013
lanrexlan: The reason for your existence is worship.Allah says in the glorious Quran in Surah Ad-Dhariyat 51:56 -And I (Allah) created not the jinns and humans except they should worship Me (Alone).Now,this is the purpose of your creation

Why is GOD thirsty and hungry of human worship. If human did not worship him will he cease to exist, will he become powerless, will he be less omnipotent. Before creation of Adam has he not being existing.
Re: What Was Gods Purpose In Creating Humanity by lanrexlan(m): 9:52pm On Dec 22, 2013
acorn tree:

Why is GOD thirsty and hungry of human worship. If human did not worship him will he cease to exist,will he become powerless,will he be less omnipotent. Before creation of Adam has he not being existing.
Nah,God will continue to exist even if humans don't worship him.Allah says in the glorious Quran in Surah Ibrahim 14:8 -And Mûsa (Moses) said:If you disbelieve,you and all on earth together,then verily! Allâh is rich (Free of all needs),Owner of all Praise.So if every human being rejects the worship of Allah,Allah is free of all needs,worthy of praise.We(humans)are in the utmost need of Allah and our worship is for ourselves.Allah says in the glorious Quran in Surah Fatir 35:15 -O mankind! it is you who stand in need of Allâh,But Allâh is rich (Free of all needs),Worthy of all praise.
Allah has been in existence before the creation of man and those that are near to him are never weary of his worship.Allah says in Surah Al-Anbiya 21:19 -To Him belongs whosoever is in the heavens and on earth.And those who are near Him (i.e. the angels) are not too proud to worship Him,nor are they weary (of His worship).

3 Likes

Re: What Was Gods Purpose In Creating Humanity by OlaoChi: 10:12pm On Dec 22, 2013
acorn tree: @olachi.Quaran support the bible on the story of creation. The only contradiction is that the bible says Adam was created on earth, in the Garden of Eden(genesis 2:cool, while quaran says Adam was created in paradise '' janna'', not on earth and he and his wife were later banished to earth quaran 2:36. Jew bible which is old testament also suppor creation.

In the quran Adam was created and placed above the jinns, pride made Shaytan rejected that status and disobeyed Allah, he went ahead to decieve Adam and his wife to disobey Allah as revenge.
The concept is quite different from Jews and Christians
Re: What Was Gods Purpose In Creating Humanity by emotional(m): 11:26pm On Dec 22, 2013
OlaoChi:

In the quran Adam was created and placed above the jinns, pride made Shaytan rejected that status and disobeyed Allah, he went ahead to decieve Adam and his wife to disobey Allah as revenge.
The concept is quite different from Jews and Christians

'Pride' here causes Shaytan to disobey? Then where/what is its(pride) origin? I mean from which source? Thin air, allah or no origin?
Re: What Was Gods Purpose In Creating Humanity by OlaoChi: 12:10am On Dec 23, 2013
emotional:

'Pride' here causes Shaytan to disobey? Then where/what is its(pride) origin? I mean from which source? Thin air, allah or no origin?

That's for the muslims to answer
Re: What Was Gods Purpose In Creating Humanity by lanrexlan(m): 5:04am On Dec 23, 2013
emotional:

Shaytan himself,mankind and Jinns have been given freewill,choice to choose between right and wrong.
Where's murder origin? From Allah? Obviously No,it came from man's freewill.Allah says in the glorious Quran in Surah Ash-Shams 91:7-8 -And by Nafs (a soul),and Him Who perfected him in proportion;Then He showed him what is wrong for him and what is right for him.Shaytan rebel because of the freewill given to him.
N B Shaytan is from the Jinns and Jinns are created from fire.Shaytan isn't an angel because Angels don't have freewill and will never go against Allah's order.

3 Likes

Re: What Was Gods Purpose In Creating Humanity by frank317: 6:38am On Dec 23, 2013
Emusan: Op you made a mistake.

Shalom!

guy go an read ur bible again. satan was never mention as the person who decieved adam and eve. it was the serpent! not satan. it is the readers that assumed it was satan. God punished the serpent like an animal, he didnt even mentioned that the serpent was being punished because he allowed himself to be used, it was punished because he deceived adam and eve.
pls were did u get the idea that it was satan. this una bible too get k leg

1 Like

Re: What Was Gods Purpose In Creating Humanity by frank317: 6:47am On Dec 23, 2013
lanrexlan: Nah,God will continue to exist even if humans don't worship him.Allah says in the glorious Quran in Surah Ibrahim 14:8 -And Mûsa (Moses) said:If you disbelieve,you and all on earth together,then verily! Allâh is rich (Free of all needs),Owner of all Praise.So if every human being rejects the worship of Allah,Allah is free of all needs,worthy of praise.We(humans)are in the utmost need of Allah and our worship is for ourselves.Allah says in the glorious Quran in Surah Fatir 35:15 -O mankind! it is you who stand in need of Allâh,But Allâh is rich (Free of all needs),Worthy of all praise.
Allah has been in existence before the creation of man and those that are near to him are never weary of his worship.Allah says in Surah Al-Anbiya 21:19 -To Him belongs whosoever is in the heavens and on earth.And those who are near Him (i.e. the angels) are not too proud to worship Him,nor are they weary (of His worship).

do u even realize that in ur feeble mind, u are not even close to answering the question? does ur allah see the ciaos among his creations while he is getting drunk with all these names u are calling him?
Re: What Was Gods Purpose In Creating Humanity by Redlyn: 7:33am On Dec 23, 2013
Story does not make sense to you OP because it is senseless. Forget about the bible stories. That's what they drum in your head when you are a baby also called brainwashing.
Re: What Was Gods Purpose In Creating Humanity by emotional(m): 7:33am On Dec 23, 2013
OlaoChi:

That's for the muslims to answer

yeah,it was meant for d muslim dude 'lanrexlan'
Re: What Was Gods Purpose In Creating Humanity by raptureready: 8:01am On Dec 23, 2013
frank3.16:

guy go an read ur bible again. satan was never mention as the person who decieved adam and eve. it was the serpent! not satan. it is the readers that assumed it was satan. God punished the serpent like an animal, he didnt even mentioned that the serpent was being punished because he allowed himself to be used, it was punished because he deceived adam and eve.
pls were did u get the idea that it was satan. this una bible too get k leg

Revelation 12:9

9 And the great dragon was cast out,
that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole
world:
he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

The devil is often referred to as "the serpent" in the bible.

In just one chapter(rev 12), he is called the serpent three times. Another name often used interchangeably is "the dragon".

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fear Of Hell Fire! / Women In Islam, Christianity And Judaism / Awesome God We Serve, Read This Great Testimonies Via Communion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.