Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,359 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter (91006 Views)

Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply / Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo / President Jonathan's Reply To Dr Tunji Braithwaite' Abusive comment &(Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by chi4ik(m): 11:05pm On Dec 22, 2013
Is good to b Educated Literate; those that ar speaking Rubbish against GEJ actually read d letter but they didn't understand it. They have eyes but can't see, they have brain but they can't understand because they ar byersed. Their mind is occupied with hatred $ tribalism $ so shall they b until GEJ Leads us to 2019 with a lot of development and all goodies. GEJ ur fans ar all over d federation, don't worry, we shall vote U back just as we did in 2011. Isha Allah

4 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by uchrikk(m): 11:05pm On Dec 22, 2013
I respect GEJ for finding time out of his busy schedule to reply OBJ's letter. The onus now lies on OBJ to provide all the required evidence. Thus we are now expecting his own reply to this reply. I hope people will be fare enough to mount pressure on OBJ as they did on GEJ to write his own reply.

2 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Nobody: 11:06pm On Dec 22, 2013
Afam4eva: I think Jonathan just slashed Obasanjo's throat with this letter. How will a former head of state be talking beer parlor jist without providing evidence to support his claim. I think he should be summoned by the SSS to provide proof of the snipers he claimed Jonathan is training. I think this lettwer will serve as a deterrent to other educated illiterates who in their warped mind think that Nigeria is their personal property. I'm waiting for the day when the likes of OBJ and IBB will become history.

Dumb comment as usual from a supposed forum moderator...

How did he slashed OBJ's throat? The issue is GEJ letter is a reactionary letter full of innuendoes...rhetorics and buck passing.

He just blandly responded to the issue dear to the minds of many Nigerians.....corruption.

BTW...since you are already on this thread...it would be nice if you can deal decisively with those bringing up people's parents into this.

2 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by opesluv: 11:06pm On Dec 22, 2013
i can see i came from a minority group to be president ..
all his excuses boils down on ethinicity
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by obayaya(m): 11:06pm On Dec 22, 2013
FreeGlobe: what I learnt from GEJ's response to Obasanjo: Yorubas are the problem with Nigeria - Sanusi

Been long I saw your post..

welcome back
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by omanzo02: 11:07pm On Dec 22, 2013
krafty iyk: if i were President Goodluck, i wont reply to that letter, silence they say is golden., by replying this letter, he has giving OBJ the attention he was gingering for, we all know that letter is a prelude to an impending doom, we are all awaiting the actual hidden agenda behind OBJ's letter come 2014/2015, Nigerians are not fools, i said it before n i'll say it again, if OBJ and his acolytes have got the magic wand to fix Nigeria, why didn't he use it in his last 3 tenure as a president? he's the last person that should be listened to/replied if anyone was to advice on credible leadership....at his football/political age, he's already too old even to stay in an old people's home,
the old man should go climb into his coffin, and await his last day...enough of this old school oligarchs in Nigerian politics.

He gave reasons for replying OBJ for future reference.

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Machine007: 11:07pm On Dec 22, 2013
Have never read such a lengthy post on this forum, its shows how much I LOVE this man GEJ. What is wrong with Abati writting a letter for his Boss, if that is what he is paid for then he is doing his job. I believe OBJ is not the author of his own letter and won't be surprise if he pays someone to read GEJ reply.

2 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by samilo88(m): 11:07pm On Dec 22, 2013
T-smooth:
I swear no be Goodluck write this letter, my father is too daft to compose this type of letter.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by nafada2: 11:07pm On Dec 22, 2013
it is clear that gej is persecuted bc of 2015. Let us know that d will of God passes that of man. God into ur hand we commit our dear country
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by biolite(m): 11:09pm On Dec 22, 2013
this open letter challenge is quite intrigue. i want a robust response to GEJ letter so as to clear the doubts,allegation and other related issues raised.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:10pm On Dec 22, 2013
Afam4eva: I think Jonathan just slashed Obasanjo's throat with this letter. How will a former head of state be talking beer parlor jist without providing evidence to support his claim. I think he should be summoned by the SSS to provide proof of the snipers he claimed Jonathan is training. I think this lettwer will serve as a deterrent to other educated illiterates who in their warped mind think that Nigeria is their personal property. I'm waiting for the day when the likes of OBJ and IBB will become history.
It is obvious you don't understand what you have read, and lack the ability to draw cognitive inference(s). GEJ should have been bold enough to state whether or not he is guilty, not that OBJ should provide evidence. Does he think OBJ is a fool. I bet him, OBJ's "evidence" will shame him completely because it will be another open letter with audio and picture evidences from the General.

4 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by collins123(m): 11:11pm On Dec 22, 2013
mustaphagreens: [b]Goodluck is undeniably a humble and educated man. Disheartened by obj's letter of 'allegations' i had expected him to fire back with harsh words but instead he went all civil by carefully and intelligently replying to and/dismissing each of the allegations, how shocking! I've never been fans with Gej but with this, i may reconsider my position on that. Calling you a daft leader over the d years must've been a huge misconception on my part, pardon me.
PS For all those nattering nabobs of negativism and and blind bats out there, who've sworn their lives to forever pen their ill-thought desertations against the sitting president, i hope the big scales in your eyes will eventually fall off after reading that letter and for the adamant ones you can choose to remain unheralded internet trolls or keep your mouth busy with my ectoplasmic Schwanzstücker. The choice is yours. Adieu. .

GOOD ONE GEJ, OBJ MUST'VE UNDERESTIMATED YOU IN THE PAST BUT I'M VERY SURE THIS INTELLIGENT REPLY WILL SCARE URINE OUT OF HIS WRINKLED SH.IT HOLE grin[/b]

I have a gut feeling you are a paid mercenary
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Afam4eva(m): 11:13pm On Dec 22, 2013
ilugunboy:

Dumb comment as usual from a supposed forum moderator...

How did he slashed OBJ's throat? The issue is GEJ letter is a reactionary letter full of innuendoes...rhetorics and buck passing.

He just blandly responded to the issue dear to the minds of many Nigerians.....corruption.

BTW...since you are already on this thread...it would be nice if you can deal decisively with those bringing up people's parents into this.
And Obasanjo's letter was full of what? He must have been a gossip at one point in his life. His unlettered letter was so porous and looked like something cooked up by a market woman. The onus is on Obasanjo to support his accusations with proof and desist from dancing macabar dance.

7 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by frodobee: 11:14pm On Dec 22, 2013
Even with this intelligent and civil reply, those who does not like GEJ will not. The psychologist says that hatred is an emotional thing, never objective, but defensivly rationalized.

8 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by wizpat: 11:14pm On Dec 22, 2013
What a sweet reply.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by tosan200(m): 11:14pm On Dec 22, 2013
Obj should provide us with evidence just as Gej requested for.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by c0llynz02: 11:14pm On Dec 22, 2013
It is quite Ironic that Obasanjo under whose leadership, assasination was the order of the day could accuse Jonathan of training assasins even though we haven't heard of any assasination in Jonathan's tenure.
I love the reply Jonathan gave him there.

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by johnjames2009: 11:14pm On Dec 22, 2013
OBJ ruled for 12 yrs and still want to be ruling. Greedy man.

Ur time was ominous. u believe in carrot and stick.( give them baits to come and kill them). ur own home messy.

with little apology, that is the way murderer talk. better mind ur health u are already old.

GEJ continue ur good work.
The whole world lieth in wickedness.
Every other thing shall be swept under the carpet but only the truth shall stand.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by freda506(f): 11:15pm On Dec 22, 2013
What should i say?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Nobody: 11:16pm On Dec 22, 2013
Afam4eva:
And Obasanjo's letter if sull of what? He must have been a gossip at one point in his life. His unlettered letter was so porous and looked like something cooked up by a market woman. The onus is on Obasanjo to support his accusations with proof and desist from dancing macabar dance.

You are a Mod...always peruse your post before hitting the submit button.

2 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by howfarwhatagwan: 11:18pm On Dec 22, 2013
''I have always acted in the best interest of all Nigerians'

I'm sorry Mr Presido but this is the biggest lie ever. I am yet to see any act from your administration that is in line with above statement. Haba Jona you check am now starting from subsidy wahala to pardoning Alams to recent allegations, Need I remind you that all the so called palliatives you promised during the subsidy saga we never see am oh. Common guy wake up your government is doing very very bad there is no need to mince words. OBJ whom I'm sure is not a saint is beginning to look like a saint when compared with you.

Rise up do away with all the sycophants you have surrounded yourself with and do your job well.

2 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by c0llynz02: 11:18pm On Dec 22, 2013
ilugunboy:

You are a Mod...always peruse your post before hitting the submit button.
When will you stop blackmailing him with this your moderator rubbish all the time?
Doesn't he have the right to state his opinion?

2 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by johnjames2009: 11:18pm On Dec 22, 2013
yibomustgo: The response was flat with no substance. He failed with this response. he did not address the allegations made by Obasanjo. He mentioned the allegations but failed to defend himself with facts.

read it again with patience. i read it over an hour and saw many things addressed. with little apology

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by emmabest2000(m): 11:19pm On Dec 22, 2013
OBJ R. I. P
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by mukostic(m): 11:19pm On Dec 22, 2013
i woonder why ngerians are worrying over this issue of open letter. GEJ has said that politics is a playing field and he has allowed all politicians to play their game without giving yellow or red cards to anyone. l still believe that GEJ and OBJ re distractiing other politicians.both of them know what they receive doing.......................
am tired of reading open lettes and replies. after all niger people like talking and talking without any action. . ner so we talked during fuel subsidy despite mass protest and strike, wenti come out of it ................................................
i port leave this country ooooooo
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by SWG1: 11:19pm On Dec 22, 2013
grin grin
ToyinDipo: Seems like OBJ has been scoring OWN GOALS all these while, anyway they are all the same.
grin
ToyinDipo: Seems like OBJ has been scoring OWN GOALS all these while, anyway they are all the same.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by tosan200(m): 11:20pm On Dec 22, 2013
emma_best2000: OBJ R. I. P
Gej RIP
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by omanzo02: 11:20pm On Dec 22, 2013
mojeer678:

It's indeed worrisome that Abati who presumably penned this epistolary effort wouldn't know the basic principle of the hole; that if you find yourself in one, you stop digging.

OBJ has cunningly drawn GEJ into the morass of dirty politicking which the latter and his cabinet, kitchen and otherwise, have no clue as to the endgame.

That OBJ is a cunning fox needs no repeating but this purported response by GEJ has done more harm than good to GEJ. Abati, Okupe, Maku and others involved in handling GEJ's press, media and official communications should be sacked immediately for unprofessional conduct and not protecting their principal from the obvious trap set up for him. And they walked straight into that trap. Do, you're damned, Don't you're equally damned.

A more appropriate tactic would have been that of the COZA pastor who is still preparing 'a robust response' to the sexual allegations made by a female member in his church.

Was the letter-writer thinking that we all suffer from a mass-amnesia concerning the deeds of diamond deziani, oduah-gate and the tompolo-nimasa imbroglio when he attempted to paint this administration as the most upright since independence?

The folly of comparing OBJ's administration with its shortcomings could have arisen only from an inebriated thinking. The new lows that these individuals are taking the office of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria is unfortunate, very unfortunate.

It called transparency, when accusations are made u respond to clear the air, it's the new world order politics.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by callmenow: 11:21pm On Dec 22, 2013
Really? Where are your guts located to feel his occupational status? The thing is that these letters are unedifying for a sitting president. But since it is here, then read and analyse. Don't worry whether it was written by the pen of Abati or Jonathan, is the content any good? It is devastating. This letter may deny OBJ a state burial. He is accused of being a suspected fraudster during his time overseeing NNPC 2000-2007. There are other incendiary allegations in Jonathan letter. As I have said previously, it is unprecedented. Where are #Occupy Nigeria boys? Go and occupy our property at Ota and Abeokuta, London and Lagos amongst others (with title deed OBJ)

collins123:

I have a gut feeling you are a paid mercenary
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:21pm On Dec 22, 2013
callmenow: He emphatically said 'Not Guilty, Baba'. Can you not read between the lines. He is effectively saying that he has been a better president in three years than OBJ's eleven years administration. Geddit? OBJ's errant letter was baseless and reckless without evidence. He also warned OBJ about incitement. Every time there has been a coup in Nigeria, that he had made similar comment with untoward consequences. He is raising the alarm that OBJ may be planning to subvert his administration by other 'means'. These are dangerous times. Question is why Jonathan have not arrested OBJ for questioning? The more you read this letter, the more you see .....

There is nothing to see in GEJ's letter. I bet you if he is interviewed, he will say different things from what we read here - a show that he didn't even understand the letter originally written by his press team.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by udemzyudex(m): 11:22pm On Dec 22, 2013
stanjohn57: If anyone here claims he is educated, and he still asserts that GEJ did not address issues in his letter, such a person is either outrightly ignorant, deliberately mischievous or is just a perfect model for our flawed educational system. #copied oddy4real...

This GEJ dude definitely knows the meaning of culture and diplomacy! He just gave it to OBJ without saying a 'word'!
thank u,some nairaland members ehn.
I bet they reason with their bottom

2 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Donald50: 11:22pm On Dec 22, 2013
May God help Ds con3

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (33) (Reply)

The Moment Wike Pushed Man Out Of His Way & Left PDP Convention Venue / Viewers Doze Off On Lekki Shooting CCTV Footage (Pic & Vid) / CEO Of Betting Company, Akin Alabi Cries Out As Man Won N24m With N1,500

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.