Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,988 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter (91057 Views)

Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply / Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo / President Jonathan's Reply To Dr Tunji Braithwaite' Abusive comment &(Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Decryptor(m): 11:57pm On Dec 22, 2013
hotwax: Fool. A disgrace to Nigerian. The clueless one. We will see how your Igbo brothers will vote you in. Hausa and Yorubas are rethinking.
Yeah! Rethinking with their an.us

4 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by 3kay945(m): 11:58pm On Dec 22, 2013
Pls, how many pages is this letter, I cant believe I finished it so early. As a reply, I was expecting something of 36 pages grin
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by KweenAdz(f): 12:03am On Dec 23, 2013
hotwax: Fool. A disgrace to Nigerian. The clueless one. We will see how your Igbo brothers will vote you in. Hausa and Yorubas are rethinking.

See ds mumu oh.. E go do u like film.. Just chill.. Ode
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by JulianBond007: 12:03am On Dec 23, 2013
Shine It:

How about getting someone to read it to you? Have you no friends?
No I don't need anyone to read the piece of shyte to me. The letter is full of crappy tales and the clueless one has refused to address the issues OBJ raised especially corruption. Go advice your president to sack his media aides. They are doing a very bad job for him.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by willibounce: 12:04am On Dec 23, 2013
GEJ is not intelligent enough to write a letter. The same man who couldn't have a public presidential debate with his fellow contestant. Same man who always wants an expo before going for an interview. Same man who cannot face his senators.

Forget the rubbish letters they are both writing. They are all thieves.

Jonathan is not an intelligent man. It is glaring for everyone to see.

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Nobody: 12:04am On Dec 23, 2013
JulianBond007: too much of thinking is bad for your health. You need a medical test.

@ post, I did not seeN anything reasonable in Jonathan's letter. He should have ignored THAN NOT addressing Obasanjo's letter. He has failed completely.

Perfect example of a bird/fish brain...
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Sesan2: 12:05am On Dec 23, 2013
The seventh reason is that the timing of your letter coincided with other vicious releases. The Speaker of the House of Representatives spoke of my “body language” encouraging corruption. A letter written to me by the CBN Governor alleging that NNPC, within a period of 19 months did not remit the sum of USD49.8 billion to the federation account, was also deliberately leaked to the public.

The eighth reason is that it appears that your letter was designed to incite Nigerians from other geopolitical zones against me and also calculated to promote ethnic disharmony. Worse still, your letter was designed to instigate members of our Party, the PDP, against me.

An admission that you have several other problems from other quarters, which are not caused by the writer of the letter. So, what is the point you are making here? Are you accusing the wirter of orchestrating those other issues or are you accusing him of good timimg? Is it not a bad sign that several prominent people are giving you negative signals at the same time?

How can anyone instigate Nigerians against you if you are doing a good job and making people see your good works? You are the leader of PDP for God's sake (or so I think). You govern the party on a day-to-day basis. You know the main peolpe in the party and you can talk to them anytime you want. If you are a good leader, why will someone else have the confidence to try to instigate party members against you?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by samuel25(m): 12:05am On Dec 23, 2013
Is Jonathan presenting those statements as excuses? This must be a total and stupid excuses. Jonathan was just telling Nigerians that I know your problems and the sources but I have no clue of the solution. Why was he voted in? Why did he contest when he knew that he could never solve the problem of Nigeria? Does that answer why Diezani, Oduah and many other people who have been alleged of corruption are still in power? Every government is brought in to make a change and improve people's lives. What has Jonathan done for the poor masses of Nigeria? He came in with the promise to change things and NEVER NEVER LET US DOWN. But what has he realy changed and what step has he taken that shows that he really want to make a change. The statement
above is a clear submission that, 'I know the problems but I am incapable of solving it'. We are not expecting 100% from him. All we are asking for is a step that shows seriousness and commitment. In Jonathan and his likes, Nigerians can never find the desired hope.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Sadiss: 12:05am On Dec 23, 2013
[quote author=Kairoseki77][/quote]I actually wanted to say something but i decided to reserve my coment in order not to hurt somebody,JEG either OBJ,but u that u always disturb ur self that u are from samegeo-political zone,same ethnic group or political supporters.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Nogen: 12:07am On Dec 23, 2013
WHEN YOU GET HOME, YOU CALL YOUR FATHER A GOOD IF YOU HAVE ONE!
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by atlwireles: 12:07am On Dec 23, 2013
JulianBond007: No I don't need anyone to read the piece of shyte to me. The letter is full of crappy tales and the clueless one has refused to address the issues OBJ raised especially corruption. Go advice your president to sack his media aides. They are doing a very bad job for him.

Admit the fact, the letter is giving you a serious heart burn. What corruption issues raised by obj, were not answered??

4 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by 99100(m): 12:07am On Dec 23, 2013
What a reply.
Thank God Goodluck is our president.
GEJ till 2019.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by KweenAdz(f): 12:09am On Dec 23, 2013
JulianBond007: too much of thinking is bad for your health. You need a medical test.

@ post, I did not seen anything reasonable in Jonathan's letter. He should have ignored than not addressing Obasanjo's letter. He has failed completely.

I fink u are d one who needs serious medical attention.. Are u so dumb dt u cnt see d writing on d wall? If he ignored d old fool, u people will say he's gullible and timid...he has replied and u are still talking trash.. D silly OBJ wz using God's name to deceive u in d stupid letter he wrote and u sit dre and talk trash abt d President's response? U are an idiat..

4 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by 3kay945(m): 12:09am On Dec 23, 2013
The part I liked most in the letter is the 'fifth reason' given by GJe for writing this letter, because it is the part that's most correct.

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by jmaine: 12:10am On Dec 23, 2013
GEJ Response had so much grace, coziness, guile, class, and subtleness with notable painful stings accompanying it . . .

What a lovely response . . . . grin

7 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by SWG1: 12:10am On Dec 23, 2013
Imagine the hundreds of ppl online at midnight just to read GEJ‘s letter. Later some ppl will claim they dont love nigeria. God bless Nigeria and God bless GEJ. Always pray for the good of the land. Wisdom is profitable to direct than engaging a former president in verbal missiles and tongue lashing like a loose woman.

4 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by jmaine: 12:12am On Dec 23, 2013
The fifth reason is that this letter may appear in biographies and other books which political commentators on Nigeria’s contemporary politics may write. It is only proper for such publications to include my comments on the issues raised in your letter

cool
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Hearme(m): 12:13am On Dec 23, 2013
This two patriots should put their pens down now, but I doubt if OBJ will ever do that. Its going to get though if OBJ writes another letter, it might just lead to him been picked up for treason and that might even be a battle worse than BH on its own.

My opinion is that APC has really conjured with gods to divide the PDP OR God has decided to expose the evil deeds of PDP over the years. I still have the opinion that GEJ is a nice man who is gradually understanding governance but very careful to stamp his authority. IBB, Abdusalami, Shagari, Shonekan and Gowon should all come up to stop this mess. Its more than a nairaland E fight. It has deep consequences on the nation.

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by lakefist(m): 12:14am On Dec 23, 2013
tellwisdom: Bunch of silly readers. I don't know how this changes the situation of things in the country angry
readers or leaders
if its readers ure also silly

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Ddy(m): 12:15am On Dec 23, 2013
U are a civilized person. God bless u GEJ

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by jmaine: 12:17am On Dec 23, 2013
Sesan2:

An admission that you have several other problems from other quarters, which are not caused by the writer of the letter. So, what is the point you are making here? Are you accusing the wirter of orchestrating those other issues or are you accusing him of good timimg? Is it not a bad sign that several prominent people are giving you negative signals at the same time?

How can anyone instigate Nigerians against you if you are doing a good job and making people see your good works? You are the leader of PDP for God's sake (or so I think). You govern the party on a day-to-day basis. You know the main peolpe in the party and you can talk to them anytime you want. If you are a good leader, why will someone else have the confidence to try to instigate party members against you?

Dumb fellows who were busy dancing Azonto in a self serving letter by OBJ can be deceitfully instigated . . . The Sanusi errant $50 billion theft accusation is a classic case of "an intentional false propaganda cries from the rooftop" . . . . .

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by 3kay945(m): 12:18am On Dec 23, 2013
I have refrained from calling GEJ names for some times now, but with this letter now, I think I will still maintain the status quo. Goodnight pal, grin
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by futurewise11(m): 12:19am On Dec 23, 2013
thats law of equity.he who comes into equity must come with a clean hand.law 101

[/b][b][i][/i]
silentc: OBJ should not be writing any letter with accusations to GEJ as he is guilty of all he has accused GEJ of. I am not sure if many people are familiar with the principle of "clean hands doctrine" in law (a rule of law that a person coming to court with a lawsuit or petition for a court order must be free from unfair conduct i.e have "clean hands" or not have done anything wrong in regard to the subject matter of his/her claim). This surely applies here to OBJ

OBJ cannot come with clean hands to be able to criticize GEJ. While the current president is not better, it is well meaning Nigerians that should criticize the current president.

Also, with regards to GEJ not writing this response, it doesn't matter. All presidents or leaders have press secretaries and their role is to write up responses. Even Obama does not write his speech or press releases. He does however highlight and endorse the content. So we should please drop the Abati related comments.

In my opinion, we have not had any decent president running this country for many many years and we are watching 2 sets of people struggle for power so as to destroy Nigeria further.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by patriotic007: 12:19am On Dec 23, 2013
scribble: I AM SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING VOTING FOR JONATHAN IN 2015....THIS GUY IS THE MOST TOLERANT PRESIDENT NIGERIA HAS EVER PRODUCED. I'M STARTING TO PREFER THE DRUNKEN FISHERMAN STYLE OVER THE HORN/Y BABOON THEATRICS...
from most comments so far,....Its clear that all OBJ's attack letters has won GEJ more supporters than haters,......From my investigation from a cross section of political observers in my domain the result is same,....When the hand of God is in a man's life,evry thing works out for your good

2 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Hearme(m): 12:21am On Dec 23, 2013
jmaine: GEJ Response had so much grace, coziness, guile, class, and subtleness with notable painful stings accompanying it . . .

What a lovely response . . . . grin

Same way I feel. Even though its known that his media gurus must have written those notes. My appeal is that OBJ should not write another letter, if he does, two things may likely prop up. The presidency might pick him up for treason or the national assembly might impeach the president. Either of this two things will lead to a very serious agitation in the country that might even be worse than BH. Everyone should thread with caution.

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Sesan2: 12:22am On Dec 23, 2013
The ninth reason is that your letter conveys to me the feeling that landmines have been laid for me. Therefore, Nigerians need to have my response to the issues raised before the mines explode.

The tenth and final reason why my reply is inevitable is that you have written similar letters and made public comments in reference to all former Presidents and Heads of Government starting from Alhaji Shehu Shagari and these have instigated different actions and reactions. The purpose and direction of your letter is distinctly ominous, and before it is too late, my clarifications on the issues need to be placed on record.

Really? Exploding landmines? Could this be self-pity or schizophrenia? You do not seem to be saying your response will prevent the landmines from exploding but that you want to have your say before they explode. Maybe it is worth looking at things the other way round. Maybe your attention is being drawn to some things you should do to prevent you from destroying your presidency. Come on, be positive.

Did OBJ really write similar letters to all former presidents starting from Shagari [Buhari, Babangida, Abacha, Abubakar, Yar Adua)? I doubt it but I am not sure. I suspect though that he did not write to himself. In your defence, don't forget he also wrote an open letter to Margaret Thatcher (so I understand). Maybe he just likes writing letters. I am sure you believe he is just being mischievous, while he thinks he can not just stand by and see things go wrong without pointing it out. He thinks he is assisting you. Whichever way it is, he seems to have filled you with trepidation. All of your purposes for responding appear to be centred around one fear or the other. Fear of being misrepresented, fear of not having your say before you get blown up, fear of not having your clarifications placed on record. You seem to be on the back foot. That does not reflect someone who is confident and in control. That is an issue you need to address.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by leofab(f): 12:23am On Dec 23, 2013

@ post, I did not seen anything reasonable in Jonathan's letter. He should have ignored than not addressing Obasanjo's letter. He has failed completely.

I guess you read the ten reasons why the letter has to be replied?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by eddyj36(m): 12:24am On Dec 23, 2013
Finally that shameless old man will look for somewher to sit and leave well meaning Nigerians to take us to where we should be...
TEAMS FRESH AIR ALL THE WAY TO 2019.... UP GEJ!!
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by franksunny(m): 12:24am On Dec 23, 2013
Night of a thausand laugh
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by agbameta: 12:24am On Dec 23, 2013
willibounce: GEJ is not intelligent enough to write a letter. The same man who couldn't have a public presidential debate with his fellow contestant. Same man who always wants an expo before going for an interview. Same man who cannot face his senators.

Forget the rubbish letters they are both writing. They are all thieves.

Jonathan is not an intelligent man. It is glaring for everyone to see.

Very ell said...
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Laslim(m): 12:25am On Dec 23, 2013
Wen s d part 2 cumin out?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by jmaine: 12:25am On Dec 23, 2013
Hearme:

Same way I feel. Even though its known that his media gurus must have written those notes. My appeal is that OBJ should not write another letter, if he does, two things may likely prop up. The presidency might pick him up for treason or the national assembly might impeach the president. Either of this two things will lead to a very serious agitation in the country that might even be worse than BH. Everyone should thread with caution.

If OBJ is the wise man we feel he is . .He will shut up and seek to rebrand his dymystified political image and reach . . .He is eroding away faster than he knows . . . .

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (33) (Reply)

The Moment Wike Pushed Man Out Of His Way & Left PDP Convention Venue / Viewers Doze Off On Lekki Shooting CCTV Footage (Pic & Vid) / CEO Of Betting Company, Akin Alabi Cries Out As Man Won N24m With N1,500

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.