Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,685 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter - Politics (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter (91047 Views)

Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply / Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo / President Jonathan's Reply To Dr Tunji Braithwaite' Abusive comment &(Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Soloter(m): 7:27am On Dec 23, 2013
Eze Promoe: Good one president cool

The part about the Odi massacre was the one that sweet me the most.
Because Obasanjo was clueless, he couldn't stop militancy in the Niger Delta, but rather resort to violence. But it took GEJ's visit to the creek, to stop militancy once and for all.

Shame on you, Baba sad
If you say that Goodluck Jonathan is corrupt, then I put it to you sir, that YOU ARE CORRUPTION! Kpomkwem undecided
GEJ stopped militancy in the south-south because he is/was one of the sponsors of the millitants. Do you think Asari Dokubo keeps boasting for naught? a Tiv man will say "ka or u zelen dwem a fe pe saan ye" translated as only he who ties the wolf to the stake knows where to untie it.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Suitsnaija: 7:28am On Dec 23, 2013
los
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by ProfGday(m): 7:29am On Dec 23, 2013
[quote author=mustaphagreens][b]Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is undeniably a humble and educated man. Disheartened by obj's letter of 'allegations' i had expected him to fire back with harsh words but instead he went all civil by carefully and intelligently replying to and/or dismissing each of the allegations, how shocking! Honestly, i've never been fans with Gej but with this show of bravery, i think i may reconsider my position on that. It's quite unfortunate i've always thought of you as daft and erroneously called you Jonathan over the d years but that must've been a huge misconception on my part as i mistook your gentility and quiet nature for daftness, pardon me.
PS For all those nattering nabobs of negativism and and blind bats out there, who've sworn with their lives to forever pen their ill-thought desertations against the sitting president, i hope the big scales in your eyes will eventually fall off after reading this letter and for the resilient and adamant ones you can choose to remain unheralded internet trolls or keep your mouth busy with my ectoplasmic Schwanzstücker. The choice is yours. Adieu.

GOOD ONE GEJ, OBJ MUST'VE UNDERESTIMATED YOU IN THE PAST BUT I'M VERY SURE THIS INTELLIGENT REPLY WILL SCARE URINE OUT OF HIS WRINKLED SH.IT HOLE grin[/b] [/]

Another blind idiot.
They(OBJ v GEJ) have already mortagaged ur future bt alas! u are here jubilating wth empty pocket. Ah! Oma see o.

2 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Nobody: 7:30am On Dec 23, 2013
scribble: Goodluck needs to double whatever he is already paying Abati...that man may save his Presidency after all

Are you related to Abati? You want him to bring more money home?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by ibietela2(m): 7:30am On Dec 23, 2013
tosan200: The reply as I expected was just baseless and beneath the office of a president.Writing a letter as If he was talking to his girlfriend. mtcheew

Do you think this is a love letter??
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by ketoprofen(m): 7:30am On Dec 23, 2013
soe:
GEJ SIMPLY MEANS : OBJ...you know you were corrupt and that's muritala wanted to remove you, no wonder you killed him and took over power. You even killed dimka to cover up....Waoh!!! Gej you are bold oo..but hope you know you are creating enemies with past leaders...the only friend Gej has now is Gowon who feels OBJ owes for overthrowing his regime...Nawa o...Gej has said so much to rubbish OBJ...and so..he has bitten the fingers that fed him...obviously I know some people are brainwashing him...it will be too late when he discovers... I know OBJ to be Mr Never forgive.. And I know he will turn many people against Gej asap...if OBJ could finish abacha...from the prison oo...then Gej needs to watch his back very closely this time. Even Atiku knows this...

You know why I like Nairaland? It is because I have a feeling that whatever we say on frontpage gets straight to those in Power, they all read our frontpage comment. Now, Talking To GEJ and OBJ...the two of you should part ways and let us see whether it is Obasanjo that determines the Next President, or it is any Sitting President that determines it. Ah Ah, according to history, Only OBJ has decided which civilian to rule, He put Shagari, He put Himself, He put Yar'Adua, He put GEJ....only one man fa!...Now, I want to know the truth, is OBJ the one in charge? or is it the Incumbent President that decides...mind you Mr Gej...Old soldier never die oo,,,.as long as OBJ na Soldier, forget, He would have stronger links in the army than you ooo..therefore, do not attempt any military or police war against these fmr heads of state, I am begging you. Me I am just saying my own oo, am just keeping it REAL....koledowo...did i tell you to say that? lol

OBJ did not put himself.
He only obeyed the northerners wishes to install everybody he did except GEJ
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by wakes: 7:33am On Dec 23, 2013
Kairoseki77: This exchange of letters between 2 CORRUPT thugs is not only nauseating but very embarrassing. It is very convenient for these two anuofias to write to one another when neither of the dimwits can communicate properly in English.

Dr Jonathan and General Obamumu cannot teach English at nursery level, they cannot coherently express themselves in interviews or during Presidential Chats but suddenly they are grammarians when exchanging letters undecided undecided

They hire hungry morons to write a meaningless tirade of "cow feces" and impressionable Nigerians will take such maga maga letters at face value and salivate on the rubbish in it. Nigerians are the easiest tools to rule over- very sheepish and easily controllable. They can endure all sorts of maltreatment and are generally worshipful.

Nigerians deserve the leaders they have- simples!
Are you too a Nigerian?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by SUBMARINE: 7:34am On Dec 23, 2013
[/quote][color=#006600]
adelaja70:
Bros,how?....
. Good question. God gave Obj 8yrs to put Nigeria on her feet of which he wasted. Now he is opposing GEJ. (Point 2) OBJ has sided with APC and we all know they will field a NORTHERN Muslim as presidential candidate which will anger the SS, SE and the XTIAN NORTH who believe is their turn to lead.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by ketoprofen(m): 7:39am On Dec 23, 2013
Eze Promoe: Good one president cool

The part about the Odi massacre was the one that sweet me the most.
Because Obasanjo was clueless, he couldn't stop militancy in the Niger Delta, but rather resort to violence. But it took GEJ's visit to the creek, to stop militancy once and for all.

Shame on you, Baba sad
If you say that Goodluck Jonathan is corrupt, then I put it to you sir, that YOU ARE CORRUPTION! Kpomkwem undecided

the problem is not that obj used violence, but the violence was directed to the wrong ppl: old women and children in the village of odi.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Jobig(m): 7:39am On Dec 23, 2013
Tupac vs biggy

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Nobody: 7:51am On Dec 23, 2013
I hope no one here has been cajoled by GEJ's response? Cos OBJ that was accusing him of many issues was never clean when he was in Power. Morever he intimidated some states and people also with the presidential seat. Also had skulls in wardrobe during his tenure

However, GEJ seems to have addressed these raised issue(in his mind,he has nullified them). Did any of us expect GEJ to accept being guilty or take responsibility for any of this issue? I guess no.

Both are just deceiving themselves and not us; Nigerians.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by BigBro(m): 7:54am On Dec 23, 2013
Please somebody help me check through Mr. President's reply because I did not see his response on monumental looting of public funds by public officials under his watch. Is it that Mr. President could not come up with any flimsy excuse to debunk the allegation?

What a President we have.

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by 3kay945(m): 7:56am On Dec 23, 2013
slightlyMad:

Obasanjo has a sound mind and matured one for that matter when being interviewed.
he is so confident, he finds time to be comic.

Jonathan will rather smile with that cartoon looking nostril, or put his hand in his pocket when talking to elders all because a camera is about to snap him and would be uploaded to nairaland.

grin
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by stineb1: 7:57am On Dec 23, 2013
Deocracy in Action. grin grin
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Nobody: 7:59am On Dec 23, 2013
can sombody pls tell me, where re we going in this nation, why our leaders were full lies .
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by sknice: 7:59am On Dec 23, 2013
Laughing in Ojukwu's Voice.....

Finally, I can relax in my crave.
Land of FALLN SUN 2015
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Nobody: 8:04am On Dec 23, 2013
wakes:
Are you too a Nigerian?

Wanted to talk against that guy, but decided to maintain silence before. I'm wondering what he is talking about. English matter in all these issues on ground. Morever English is not our mother tongue, so speak English the best way you can. You cant spaek English like a Briton , hope you know that? .

Bu GEJ and OBJ are just deceiving themselves, not we Nigerians.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Pataki: 8:08am On Dec 23, 2013
As expected. Jona denies all the allegations, shifts blames to non-existing entities.

Boko haram started in 2002? Interesting! So when did MEND start and why were you their spokesperson after October 2010 bombing?

GEJ speaks of no political assasination in his government, yet we clearly remember Azazi was eliminated for speaking the truth about Jonathan and Boko Haram. Or does this glorified ogogoro drunkard think we Nigerians have forgotten his high handedness during the oil subsidy that led to the death of innocent Nigerians?

So many issues to tear at from the childish letter of a so-called president. He failed to state how his body-language is not encouraging corruption even when he explicitly stated this as one of his reasons for responding to OBJ's letter.

I sincerely hope this man spends the rest of his years in jail come 2015. Enough is enough.

3 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Aksally(m): 8:09am On Dec 23, 2013
But can someone explain to me the death of
Murtala Mohammed? It seems like there's
something we don't know about.

It is called the 'The Presidential Book Of Secrets'. Even a 5 yr old President will know this.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by kraftyiyk: 8:11am On Dec 23, 2013
SUBMARINE: [color=#006600]
Bros,how?..... Good question. God gave Obj 8yrs to put Nigeria on her feet of which he wasted. Now he is opposing GEJ. (Point 2) OBJ has sided with APC and we all know they will field a NORTHERN Muslim as presidential candidate which will anger the SS, SE and the XTIAN NORTH who believe is their turn to lead.
God actually gave him 12 years my brother..remember, he was amilitary president from 1979 to 83, added to 8 yrs of democracy... grin grin grin
sknice: Laughing in Ojukwu's Voice.....

Finally, I can relax in my crave.
Land of FALLN SUN 2015
Nwanne/brother, we, the igbos were the 1st to identify Nigeria as a sinking ship, they all called for our head, today, it's taking them 47 years to see what we saw in 1967...sipping Gin n juice as i watch the drama unfold. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by jt2010: 8:12am On Dec 23, 2013
jmaine:

Dumb fellows who were busy dancing Azonto in a self serving letter by OBJ can be deceitfully instigated . . . The Sanusi errant $50 billion theft accusation is a classic case of "an intentional false propaganda cries from the rooftop" . . . . .

false propaganda cries from the rooftop, BUT $12 billions is still missing or to use the word of Finance Minister "Unaccounted for"

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Tinoxky: 8:14am On Dec 23, 2013
God!, This Is A Senior Joke o,....i dnt even Knw Wat to Comment,...GOD help my Country Plz
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by ISpiksDaTroof: 8:15am On Dec 23, 2013
Pataki: As expected. Jona denies all the allegations, shifts blames to non-existing entities.

Boko haram started in 2002? Interesting! So when did MEND start and why were you their spokesperson after October 2010 bombing?

GEJ speaks of no political assasination in his government, yet we clearly remember Azazi was eliminated for speaking the truth about Jonathan and Boko Haram. Or does this glorified ogogoro drunkard think we Nigerians have forgotten his high handedness during the oil subsidy that led to the death of innocent Nigerians?

So many issues to tear at from the childish letter of a so-called president. He failed to state how his body-language is not encouraging corruption even when he explicitly stated this as one of his reasons for responding to OBJ's letter.

I sincerely hope this man spends the rest of his years in jail come 2015. Enough is enough.
Boko Haram started in 2002 but hes been encouraging his supporters to accuse Buhari of being a BH sponsor. What happened to the lie that Buhari started BH just to destabilize GEJ's Govt. The mere fact that this President will tell and encourage blatant lies says a lot about his character.

I cant wait till he goes to Prison.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by me1234: 8:16am On Dec 23, 2013
I am so impress with this intelligent reply by GEJ it indeed shows that he is highly educated. For those of you who says Jonathan did not address the issue raised by OBJ is either you did not read the letter well or just being mischievous or better still a product of our decadent educational system. It takes an intelligent person to decipher the letter which in my opinion OBJ is.

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by mubitechnology: 8:16am On Dec 23, 2013
why won't UN give naija award when GEJ has gving his ass hole, and let me say dis if APC do not take cause d will bcame d same as PDP.god bless naija,pls old slowpoke( OBJ,BUHARI,IBB AND THE REST.) pls gve way for d youth
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by dfav: 8:17am On Dec 23, 2013
Bros GEJ... nor vex ooo

I think u lied on the NPDC/SHELL/ATLANTIC Energy deal... cos I work for one of these companies above. ..

Atlantic energy is lifting free oil cos under her agreement with NPDC. Atlantic energy was meant to finance the NPDC part of the oil blocks sold by SHELL.

But today u and me including every one in the industry knows that NPDC hasn't been able to develop any of those fields sold cos of lack of funds. .

Which simply means that Atlantic isn't bring in money... yet they are lifting crude oil every day as if they are funding NPDC fields development.

To those of u that I think I am against GEJ please note am not. .. am only speaking the truth in this case cos I am directly involved. ...

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by dvee2: 8:17am On Dec 23, 2013
GEJ has responded to most issues except that of corruption, his defense On the monumental corruption under his watch is so weak and laughable. Blaming the judiciary and citing the Lamidos children case. That you have to wait for their father to threaten your ambition before you move against them further buttress what most Nigerians are saying, you are very weak on fighting corruption and that Will ultimately be what your regime be most likely be remembered
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Ngokafor(f): 8:22am On Dec 23, 2013
Ukwu_Nnu: @All of you saying you see Abati's signature all over the reply are so unbelievable.
Have you lot ever been Bosses before? Even a common Chairman of a company don't sit down to write letters, what is the Secretary employed for? To clean his shoes?
I wonder why you lot did not call who wrote OBJ's letter or you believe Baba sat down to write that 18-paged letter? Chai! Ignorance is bliss cheesy cheesy

This just cleared the doubt that 80% here are either in secondary schools or undergraduates to reason such, even as an undergraduate SUG official, I don't write letters talk more a sitting president. He is jobless if he attempts to do that!

This is how it goes:
1. You tell your media officer what you want in a letter and who to address it to.
2. Media officer writes the letter and present to you.
3. You read and make corrections where necessary. Not necessarily grammer correction but making sure your message is being passed properly as you have in mind.
4. Media officer makes the final draft and dispatches the letter.

That is being a Boss and not writing some undergraduate love letters. Ndi ara angry angry

GEJ just gave it slow and deadly in a very formal and diplomatic way.
OBJ is dying slowly politically.

..Exactly!!..i was surprised to see supposedly grown folks yapping about the president not writing this letter himself..i was like seriously?? shocked...too many peeps with very low IQ abound on this forum i tell you..so frustrating cos one cant have an intelligent debate without their renowned daftness getting in the way undecided sad

2 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by uchez2(m): 8:29am On Dec 23, 2013
mojeer678:

It's indeed worrisome that Abati who presumably penned this epistolary effort wouldn't know the basic principle of the hole; that if you find yourself in one, you stop digging.

OBJ has cunningly drawn GEJ into the morass of dirty politicking which the latter and his cabinet, kitchen and otherwise, have no clue as to the endgame.

That OBJ is a cunning fox needs no repeating but this purported response by GEJ has done more harm than good to GEJ. Abati, Okupe, Reno Omokri/Beaf??, Osita and others involved in handling GEJ's press, media and official communications should be sacked immediately for unprofessional conduct and not protecting their principal from the obvious trap set up for him. And they walked straight into that trap. Do, you're damned, Don't you're equally damned.

A more appropriate tactic would have been that of the COZA pastor who is still preparing 'a robust response' to the sexual allegations made by a female member in his church.

Was the letter-writer thinking that we all suffer from a mass-amnesia concerning the deeds of diamond deziani, oduah-gate, rotimi amechi palaver and the tompolo-nimasa imbroglio when he attempted to paint this administration as the most upright since independence?

The folly of comparing OBJ's administration with its shortcomings could have arisen only from an inebriated thinking. The new lows that these individuals are taking the office of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria is unfortunate, very unfortunate.

What is this one saying? You are yarning dust.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by manny4life(m): 8:32am On Dec 23, 2013
ISpiksDaTroof: Boko Haram started in 2002 but hes been encouraging his supporters to accuse Buhari of being a BH sponsor. What happened to the lie that Buhari started BH just to destabilize GEJ's Govt. The mere fact that this President will tell and encourage blatant lies says a lot about his character.

I cant wait till he goes to Prison.

It started in 2002 under who's regime? Mine abi? If GEJ is going to jail, Buhari and OBJ must be there waiting else the unimaginable would happen. The sooner you guys stick with the fact he ain't going to where to 2019, the better...SHIOOR.

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by dgitrader(m): 8:33am On Dec 23, 2013
hear this again
stanjohn57: If anyone here claims he is educated, and he still asserts that GEJ did not address issues in his letter, such a person is either outrightly ignorant, deliberately mischievous or is just a perfect model for our flawed educational system. #copied oddy4real...

This GEJ dude definitely knows the meaning of culture and diplomacy! He just gave it to OBJ without saying a 'word'!
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by PointB: 8:33am On Dec 23, 2013
A detailed response to the narccisst and megalomaniac Obj. That should keep the old fool busy for a while.

Nice one GEJ!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (33) (Reply)

The Moment Wike Pushed Man Out Of His Way & Left PDP Convention Venue / Viewers Doze Off On Lekki Shooting CCTV Footage (Pic & Vid) / CEO Of Betting Company, Akin Alabi Cries Out As Man Won N24m With N1,500

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.