Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter - Politics (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter (91050 Views)

Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply / Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo / President Jonathan's Reply To Dr Tunji Braithwaite' Abusive comment &(Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by ibietela2(m): 6:20am On Dec 23, 2013
T-smooth:
I swear no be Goodluck write this letter, he is too daft to compose this type of letter.

Can say this to your father at home
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Goddex: 6:20am On Dec 23, 2013
[size=16pt]The allegation of training snipers to assassinate political opponents is particularly incomprehensible to me. Since I started my political career as a Deputy Governor, I have never been associated with any form of political violence. I have been a President for over three years now, with a lot of challenges and opposition mainly from the high and mighty. There have certainly been cases of political assassination since the advent of our Fourth Republic, but as you well know, none of them occurred under my leadership - GEJ[/size]
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by ibietela2(m): 6:23am On Dec 23, 2013
mascot87: All I see flying around the letter is cluelessness.Jonathan indeed

You don't know how to read that is all
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by taiwoliu(m): 6:23am On Dec 23, 2013
my advice to some nigerians: pls understand that there is difference btwn general english and political english..... I read some comments nd i cannot stop shaking my head to our foolishness.
GEJ replied OBJ, so wht? Does dt solve our issues? Am nt a fan of OBJ neither does GEJ own my support. In d second paragraph of dis letter, mr prexy said he as been able to fight terrorism better dan OBJ, bt i'll ask hw many baracks were attacked during OBJ's regime? BH is killing soldiers lyk saw na dem dey train dem nd every day we hear dt many BH hideouts have been destroyed, shey dem dey resurrect ni?
U claim many more investors r heading for Nigeria, abeg where d job such investment suppose bring? Abi na cos dey c us as easy prey wt weak governance?
Mr president or whoever took d tym to write dis response could v used dis wasted time in tinking of a way to solve OBJ's raised issues bt dey choose to play game of 'who owns d masses?'.... Smh for dis country

2 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by vislabraye(m): 6:24am On Dec 23, 2013
Ore_MI_22: [size=15pt]We need to get serious in this country!
The same group of men have been murdering every Nigerian who dares to change the system and they cover it up so well, that we believe their sugar coated lies!

Obasanjo should write another open letter and describe in detail what he knows about the death of our Head of State Murtala Mohammed. He should also tell us why INEC Headquarters was suddenly bombed when he was seeking his 3rd term agenda. Iyabo recently alluded to the fact that her father was prepared to kill or do whatever it took to stay in office illegally for a 3rd term. Who swept all these murders and rampant acts of destruction under the rug just like that.
Also, i want to know who had the guts to try to kill GEJ in 2007 and even bombed his country home, even when he was a State Governor! All these acts of rascality and rampant murder of political opponents have got out of hand and we demand answers from Obasanjo!
[/size]

All of a sudden, Saint Obasanjo is now the man of the people. I wished GEJ spoke more about the political killings during OBJ's time. Who killed Bola Ige ? Who killed Harry Marshial ? Who killed one Igwe from the East ?

In fact, both men are corrupt. Unfortunately, GEJ has not done enough to fight corruption. But that doesn't make OBJ better. GEJ is a true democrat who is open to criticism and not like an egomanic like OBJ

GEJ, probe OBJ for his crimes and corruption practices.

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by vislabraye(m): 6:24am On Dec 23, 2013
Ore_MI_22: [size=15pt]We need to get serious in this country!
The same group of men have been murdering every Nigerian who dares to change the system and they cover it up so well, that we believe their sugar coated lies!

Obasanjo should write another open letter and describe in detail what he knows about the death of our Head of State Murtala Mohammed. He should also tell us why INEC Headquarters was suddenly bombed when he was seeking his 3rd term agenda. Iyabo recently alluded to the fact that her father was prepared to kill or do whatever it took to stay in office illegally for a 3rd term. Who swept all these murders and rampant acts of destruction under the rug just like that.
Also, i want to know who had the guts to try to kill GEJ in 2007 and even bombed his country home, even when he was a State Governor! All these acts of rascality and rampant murder of political opponents have got out of hand and we demand answers from Obasanjo!
[/size]

All of a sudden, Saint Obasanjo is now the man of the people. I wished GEJ spoke more about the political killings during OBJ's time. Who killed Bola Ige ? Who killed Harry Marshial ? Who killed one Igwe from the East ?

In fact, both men are corrupt. Unfortunately, GEJ has not done enough to fight corruption. But that doesn't make OBJ better. GEJ is a true democrat who is open to criticism and not like an egomanic like OBJ

GEJ, probe OBJ for his crimes and corruption practices.

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Nobody: 6:24am On Dec 23, 2013
Ur damn sorry ass has to be corrected Obasanjo is still a force to be reckoned with in this Nigeria , Africa and the world at large.Let ur Damned Goodluck leave office and let's See if he will be reckoned with

Truckpusher: Obasanjo has been beaten at his own game of dog-chop-dog by the son of an ordinary fisherman,his ungentlemanly letter to GEJ was borne out of greed and crass insincerity against GEJ whom he wanted to hang by labeling him a bad dog and Nigerians a he has over years became emboldened in manipulating them.

Having relegated to the background of South West's politics by another smarter criminal from the same region,rubbished by his own children,roundly rejected by Nigerians from the North(Hausa/Fulani),The South South people who later forgave him for installing GEJ but now discredited as Odi comes to mind including this open suicide called letter,the South East and even his home town;The Great OBASANJO IS DOWN .
How are the mighty fallen?

One single submission.....God is with this man called Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by adconline(m): 6:25am On Dec 23, 2013
I'm neither a fan of OBJ nor GEJ. GEJ lost a huge political capital when he alienated his base-- masses and opposition that demonstrated against the cabals like OBJ and co. I expected GEJ's response. To contain some hard facts and numbers.. Number of attacks by MEND and BH during OBJ and how the number has dropped. Amount of crude oil theft during OBJ and the amount now. Number of prosecutions won by EFCC during OBJ vs GEJ won.. How many politicians prosecuted by OBJ vs GEJ.. All I see here in this response is " we are working". The only 2 paragraphs he trumpeted his achievements: FDI and UN Security Council.. How about daily lives of Nigerians.. This Naija mentality of " the country was fkucked beforeI became president" therefore, don't expect anything better is going to lead us nowhere

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by ibietela2(m): 6:28am On Dec 23, 2013
yibomustgo: I didn't read it just want to say nonsense
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by 01mcfadden(m): 6:28am On Dec 23, 2013
@Obj,its time for you to cry Nigerians another river.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by enyhss(m): 6:28am On Dec 23, 2013
Translation: Baba, Leave me alone, I'm only following your footsteps!

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by ibietela2(m): 6:29am On Dec 23, 2013
tunnex190: This is an epistle...too voluminous. I am sure it's about 3 times pages OBJ wrote to him.

That shows you don't know how to read or you are just a joke
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by enyhss(m): 6:29am On Dec 23, 2013
I weep for my beloved Nigeria. cry
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by aemmy: 6:30am On Dec 23, 2013
ish ...am I the only one thinking that PDP may just be using this strategy to win the election?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Dre19: 6:31am On Dec 23, 2013
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by ibietela2(m): 6:33am On Dec 23, 2013
size38: Pls, what kind of primary school children response is this to a weighty allegation such as these? GEJ only mentioned the Allegations and flatly denied them as the same way a kind would deny any accusation. What evidence does GEJ and his government wants when we are all seeing it before us. Talk of corruption, insecurity, impunity in high places, divisiveness, and anti party. Haba! GEJ, is that a way of responding to a very serious matter like this?

Son you need to read it again and this time don't skip
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by ibietela2(m): 6:35am On Dec 23, 2013
abbakacici: please someone summary it for lazy people like me, because i just manage to read like 40% of it, but from what i read GEJ don't address most of the allegations, like the corruption charges, that is why Stellah and Sec lady still there, where his minister (wIKE) is fighting openly with a state, his amazing relationship with Peter obi (AGPA) And Mimiko (LP) because before you read that GEJ is having meeting with Shema, Yuguda, Dankumbu or even Suswan, we will see him with Peter obi like 5 times, and the words used in the PDP really during Anambra election, like the Igbos are his only back bones, Yaruba are murders, the only thing i can get is that GEJ is saying i think he is better in handling the security and economy situation of the country more then OBJ

TRASH
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Tsmooth1(m): 6:35am On Dec 23, 2013
Virgin Finder:

Trash!

Go and learn how to write speak and write good English!!
Is English your ugly father language? Your only problem is to find people mistake and capitalize on that. Stupi.d drunkard!
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by unyimecc(f): 6:35am On Dec 23, 2013
The worst thing that could ever happen to nigeria is OBASANJO and the best nigeria ve been praying for since the creation of nigeria is GOODLUCK. OBASANJO Ɣ☺ΰ‎​ are hunting what Ɣ☺ΰ‎​ cannot kill so be warn!

4 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Ngokafor(f): 6:37am On Dec 23, 2013
Ada Nri1: Coming from someone who didn't even read the letter on what grounds do you stand to gauge GEJ's IQ? Chai no kind of idiots wey no dey Nairaland oooo

...spot on!..

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by chronique(m): 6:38am On Dec 23, 2013
Spot on reply. Those saying jonathan didn't answer obj's questions,are either daft/dumb/mischevious. I'm glad he didn't resort to name calling. Matured and classy response. I bet some people were expecting fiery darts and uncouth words.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by ibietela2(m): 6:38am On Dec 23, 2013
Suljosh: you must be D.U.M.B like your Ð.U.M.B a.s.s president, for you to think he's the one that wrote that letter. F.o.o.l.i.s.h and gullible nigerians. Use.le.ss country, fool of criminals who only come to internet and bark like a toothless dog.

You wrote the letter?? Toothless one

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by ibietela2(m): 6:40am On Dec 23, 2013
chloride6: why do i see an attempt to side line the key issues highlighted in the original letter.

and what sort of excuse is that corruption started before his tenure. all he did there was tell history and move on .

we want arrests!!!!!!!

you keep screaming for evidence and yet you complain about communicating just allegations through a public channel.

wouldnt you scream your lungs out if hard evidence was provided.

just imagine the audacity!! denying intimidation of other governors.

the miracle happening in rivers is there for all to see.

and the demolition of meeting places of g7 governors nko.

as if it is not enough trying to score a cheap political point by referring to a 2007 incident which was purportedly averted by chance.

who cares?

people are still dying.

oga jona I are not impressed.

Fixed
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by adconline(m): 6:41am On Dec 23, 2013
enyhss: Translation: Baba, Leave me alone, I'm only following your footsteps!
Thank you!
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by ibietela2(m): 6:42am On Dec 23, 2013
chloride6: why do i see an attempt to side line the key issues highlighted in the original letter.

and what sort of excuse is that corruption started before his tenure. all he did there was tell history and move on .

we want arrests!!!!!!!

you keep screaming for evidence and yet you complain about communicating just allegations through a public channel.

wouldnt you scream your lungs out if hard evidence was provided.

just imagine the audacity!! denying intimidation of other governors.

the miracle happening in rivers is there for all to see.

and the demolition of meeting places of g7 governors nko.

as if it is not enough trying to score a cheap political point by referring to a 2007 incident which was purportedly averted by chance.

who cares?

people are still dying.

oga jona we I are not impressed.

Fixed
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Nobody: 6:44am On Dec 23, 2013
Nice response.
I dislike it when a black pot wants to make a black kettle look bad.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by nafada2: 6:45am On Dec 23, 2013
OP, PLS ENSURE THAT ALL THOSE CURSING AND ABUSING ON THIS THREAD ARE BLOCKED. LET THERE BE DECORUM HERE
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by unyimecc(f): 6:45am On Dec 23, 2013
hotwax: Fool. A disgrace to Nigerian. The clueless one. We will see how your Igbo brothers will vote you in. Hausa and Yorubas are rethinking.
The truth is OBJ is history in nigerian politics and GOODLUCK is the Man of the moment. Deal with that truth MONKEY

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by SUBMARINE: 6:46am On Dec 23, 2013
[color=#990000]
balotelli: Ur damn sorry ass has to be corrected Obasanjo is still a force to be reckoned with in this Nigeria , Africa and the world at large.Let ur Damned Goodluck leave office and let's See if he will be reckoned with
OBJ you hero shall be the first president of Oodua republic.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Tsmooth1(m): 6:46am On Dec 23, 2013
ibietela2:

Can say this to your father at home
No. But I can say this to Edwin Clark and Goatluck Jonathan because they are all drunkard and slowpokes.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by jmaine: 6:47am On Dec 23, 2013
chronique: Spot on reply. Those saying jonathan didn't answer obj's questions,are either daft/dumb/mischevious. I'm glad he didn't resort to name calling. Matured and classy response. I bet some people were expecting fiery darts and uncouth words.

Who ever replied that OBJ senile letter with so much class, decorum and respect while still passing the message across did a fantastic job

Don't mind those ediots who are disappointed that OBJ was aptly exposed in his self serving letter.

The response of GEJ was graceful, tact, concise and very direct.

2 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by ImperialYoruba: 6:47am On Dec 23, 2013
Im very dissapointed in GEJ's close circle of influence. How could they have allowed the sitting President of a sovereign nation to address a private citizen venomously via a public media ? This is a low! Obasanjo, regardless of his past political roles is currently a private citizen. Not only that. The President has openly commited to expectations which for most part are truly beyond his capability to deliver. This is a sad day!! If this letter gets in the hands of mischievious reporters in America they will do to GEJ what they did to Mayor Ford of Canada, he will become object of ridicule. The speech writers and his media handlers as well as the SFG, Pius Anyim and Okupe and Abati are all a disgrace. I will not blame GEJ because he truly deserved a level field to respond to Obj but not in this manner. I hope they make him stop from writing any more open letter, however grave the allegation and regardless what quarter it came from. He should collect these thoughts and responses for a published memo after his regime has ended and in a capacity of private citizen.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (33) (Reply)

The Moment Wike Pushed Man Out Of His Way & Left PDP Convention Venue / Viewers Doze Off On Lekki Shooting CCTV Footage (Pic & Vid) / CEO Of Betting Company, Akin Alabi Cries Out As Man Won N24m With N1,500

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.