Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,414 members, 7,822,925 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

FOI Not Binding On States- Lagos Govt - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FOI Not Binding On States- Lagos Govt (9109 Views)

Check Out Nigeria’s Most Indebted States; Lagos Leads / Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections / Fg Says 18,000 Minimum Wage Binding On States, Lgs, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FOI Not Binding On States- Lagos Govt by Demdem(m): 3:58pm On Jan 04, 2014
eGuerrilla: This old post of mine puts things in perspective -- https://www.nairaland.com/1407805/freedom-information-act-not-applicable

Citizen Frank-C is entitled to his misplaced view of the Leadership newspaper publication, but at least we finally get to agree on two things: (1) the need to fully domesticate the FOI bill, in the interest of accountability and probity all levels of government; and (2) @OP's unbanning by esteemed Nairaland administrators.

Source

As you will note, only Ekiti has formally adopted the FoI Act.
To be honest, without groundswell pressure from Nigerians, I see this bill being implemented at state level in the same haphazard fashion as the 'child rights act'

It's interesting to note that only a single APC state(Ekiti) has formally adopted the act. All others are guilty.
I Desire all states to adopt such.
Re: FOI Not Binding On States- Lagos Govt by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jan 04, 2014
Demdem:

It's interesting to note that only a single APC state(Ekiti) has formally adopted the act. All others are guilty.
I Desire all states to adopt such.

You might want to add Lagos and Kwara to that list.

The funny thing is, after reading through some of the comments here, one of left in no doubt that a number of seasoned commentators have also joined the ranks of those not reposed with objectivity.

There is too much market-woman chatter on NL these days, I tell you. wink

Legislators Commence Process Of Domesticating Fol Act

Delta State House of Assembly has com-menced the process of reconsidering the dome-stication of the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act in the state.

The House at plenary presided over by the Speaker, Rt. Hon. Victor Ochei adopted the recommendation of the House Committee on Information mandated to ascertain whether the House can domesticate the FOI Act in the state.

Presenting the report of the House Committee on Information on the need to domesticate the FOI Act, the Chairman, Hon. Johnson Erijo, recalled that the House through a resolution mandated the committee through a resolution to liaise with the Federal Ministry of Information and other appropriate authorities to find out if there was need for the domestication of the FOI Act in Delta State.

Hon. Erijo who is the Deputy Majority Leader of the House, told the House that the committee visited the Federal Ministry of Information and met with its Permanent Secretary, Mrs. Kehinde Ajoni who was of the view that the FOI Act was enacted under the Concurrent Legislative List, adding that its scope is shared between the Federal Government and the respective thirty-six states of the federation.

According to him, the Permanent Secretary main-tained that the FOI Act is binding on the Federal Government and its ministries, departments, and agencies alone and not the states, except that state decides to domesticate it as part of its law.

He said the committee was informed that as at the time of the meeting, three states in the federation including Ekiti, Lagos and Kwara have already domesticated the FOI Act.

The committee chairman also said the State Ministry of Justice was favourably disposed to the domestication of the FOI Act including the recommendations of the committee that the House should go ahead and domesticate it in the state based on the advice of the Federal Ministry of Information, when the House received the report of the committee and adopted its recommendations for further consideration following a motion moved by the Majority Leader, Hon Monday Igbuya.

Source: http://thepointernewsonline.com/?p=21777
Re: FOI Not Binding On States- Lagos Govt by bobonkiti101(m): 4:18pm On Jan 04, 2014
" If any Law enacted by the House of Assembly
of a State is inconsistent with any law validly
made by the National Assembly, the law made by
the National Assembly shall prevail, and that
other Law shall, to the extent of the
inconsistency, be void."

The above is the position of the constitution(sec 5(5)) on inconsistencies between the federal and state laws regarding the guidance and governance of this nation.
Only Time will tell how long the exemption of states (championed by fashola) from FOI act provisions will last.

1 Like

Re: FOI Not Binding On States- Lagos Govt by pinkrex(m): 4:52pm On Jan 04, 2014
Delafruita: the lagos state version of the FOI bill was passed into law in may 2013.the bill was initially presented in 2011,public hearing in 2012 and finally passed in 2013 and its available for online download

http://r2knigeria.org/index.php/foi-state-adoption/doc_details/10-lagos-state-freedom-
of-information-bill

you can make your request by quoting the lagos state version but doing so qith the federal version will not work.its as simple as that
You spoke truly and well but speak intelligently here. Which constitutional body is the highest in land.. Which legislation supercedes? Or the the constitution contradicting itself concerning this matter? I want to be enlightened on this.
Re: FOI Not Binding On States- Lagos Govt by Demdem(m): 5:04pm On Jan 04, 2014
eGuerrilla:

The funny thing is, after reading through some of the comments here, one of left in no doubt that a number of seasoned commentators have also joined the ranks of those not reposed with objectivity.

Then what is the basis of this thread?

If this is so then Dr Ademola Dominic only needs to refer to the domesticated law of Lagos and case closed.
Re: FOI Not Binding On States- Lagos Govt by Guk: 5:51pm On Jan 04, 2014
Re: FOI Not Binding On States- Lagos Govt by nmaihat: 6:00pm On Jan 04, 2014
Whilst I'm not saying that the position of Lagos state government is wrong, one would think they would champion FOI course considering that FOI is an initiative of one of their Legislators (Hon. Abike Dabiri Erewa) cos I seem to remember when not too long ago I heard her speaking passionately on t.v. On why the bill should be passed. And on how it would give the general public access to information which hitherto they were not allowed access as well as how it would foster accountability.

Now for the Lagos State government to be making a distinction between a federal and a state law makes it appear that they do not believe in their own intiative and do not practice what they preach.

1 Like

Re: FOI Not Binding On States- Lagos Govt by Guk: 6:04pm On Jan 04, 2014
simpleseyi: Yes, the Lagos state government is very right, Lagosians do not need to know how the government is run. [/b]Lagosians do not need to know how much Tinubu gets from the IGR monthly and how much Fashola and other looters pocket monthly just the same thing Jonathan, Stella Oduah, Dezaini Allisson-Madueke and others are doing at the federal level. WHAT HOPE DOES THE MASSES HAVE?

But first of all, [b]have you tried this site http:///19rcMQj ?
You will be will excited. Small change to pay recurrent bills outside the national, state or personal budget.

Lagosians know already, its documented here: http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/images/pageimages/downloadfiles/docs/Y2013%20HALF%20YEAR%20Appraisal.pdf
Re: FOI Not Binding On States- Lagos Govt by Guk: 6:07pm On Jan 04, 2014
Ngwakwe: It's appalling to read about Lagos State Government evading responsibility using legal loopholes thereby running the most secretive type of government ever known in the history of this fourth republic.

It is now becoming obvious that there will never be any end in sight to this secrecy hence they are evading openness in the name of Legal interpretation.

Today, we can read clause by clause allocations in the Federal Government budget but hardly can we see or read such in any State government budget in Nigeria because they are hidden from the public.

The reality is that the opposition is using Lagos State as a front to judge the FG and yet Lagos State government has refused to answer some salient questions on good governance, probity and transparency thereby escaping scrutiny and criticism.

When the right activists demanded politicians declare their assets publicly, it wasn't about constitutional fulfilment rather openness and accountability.

This action of Lagos State Govt is one of the attributes of repressive governments to actualise societal control and keeping people in check to discourage the activists and citizens from mobilising.

Answer to the bolded area. Theres a lot more where this came from: http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/images/pageimages/downloadfiles/docs/Y2013%20HALF%20YEAR%20Appraisal.pdf

http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/subpage.php?k=76

http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/
Re: FOI Not Binding On States- Lagos Govt by Guk: 6:10pm On Jan 04, 2014
Gabbysky:
You lie SIR, I pay my taxes and LUC in Lagos State and by the powers of the FOI[b] I demand to know how my money is spent.[/b]
Btw, the Constuitution states that whenever a fed law conflicts with a state law, the fed law takes prominence. So what other laws fashola has for obtaining info from the state is illegal

Your demeand is already met. Read here: http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/images/pageimages/downloadfiles/docs/Y2013%20HALF%20YEAR%20Appraisal.pdf

Re: FOI Not Binding On States- Lagos Govt by whitecat007: 6:37pm On Jan 04, 2014
Can you post what your home state governor has done about foi. I know Fashola is like the only governor in Nigeria, but common!!! Don't always expect him to set the stage for every damn thing and stop comparing Fashola to the president of Nigeria. Fashola is only accountable to Lagos while gej is to the whole country. For once in your life, start holding your leaders responsible.

taharqa: Can Smone shld tell this CLOWN to SHUT d helll up??.... The FOI was passed in 2010, this is end 2013; what is still keeping Fashola and oda APC Govs from sending their own version of d FOI to their rubberstamp State Assemblies for d necessary 'domestication' and subsequent passage to law, so that their State Citizens wud be able to freely demand info from d States and hold their Govts to account. Do you reali need a Citizen to do so like this HYPOCRITE suggests, If d State Govs, like Fashola, are reali interested in Transparency and Openess in Governance... All these just makes a point even much clearer: Politicians like GEJ are rare in Nigeria. It took GEJ Personal promise and a fulfilment of same to hv d FOI passed and signed in Nigeria (the ONLY President who hv agreed to so do since b4 Independence); the States wud refuse to pass d FOI and open themselves to public scrutiny, same way they all (without Exception) hv continued to rig their LG Elections they way it always hv been...
Re: FOI Not Binding On States- Lagos Govt by HowFar: 6:59pm On Jan 04, 2014
whitecat007: For once in your life, start holding your leaders responsible.

On one hand you're asking someone to hold our leaders responsible, on the other you're absorbing Fashola of his moral and legal responsibility.

Is it too much for tax payers to know how much is remitted to Tinubu monthly?
Re: FOI Not Binding On States- Lagos Govt by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jan 04, 2014
IGBO-SON:

^^^Nice spin! wink

You gotta love the Yorubas.
We're the master of the game.
Infact we made the rules. cheesy
Re: FOI Not Binding On States- Lagos Govt by whitecat007: 7:19pm On Jan 04, 2014
We already know that your brains are programmed to see, think, dream and live Fashola to the extent during election most of you will vote in Fashola by mistake instead of gej if he's on the ballot, because to you he's everything, Fashola is all in your heads. I'm sure most of you will say Fashola subconsciously if asked who is the president of Nigeria.

Only 3 states in Nigeria passed FOI, and guess what, they are all from the feared APC states. So what exactly is the problem now? The state that is doing something is berated while the ones doing nothing are giving passes.

Those shouting they pay taxes to Lagos here either post their tax infomation or shut your criminal faces forever cos you are all tax evaders anyway or btter still move your business back to where you won't have to pay taxes.

Ibos or these atounrinwas are not demanding things from a place of love, but hate. None of their home state governor has adopted the FOI, yet they are demanding it from their host state. Can you imagine a child going to the next door neighbor to demand what he/she can't think of asking at home.

Omo Oodua, well done oo!!! The strangers among us are so comfortable that they now reject our existing laws and dictate how and when laws should be passed.

Our leaders made mistake by not controlling who came in. Now are we going to start doing something today?

Stop selling properties to ibos.
Re: FOI Not Binding On States- Lagos Govt by whitecat007: 7:45pm On Jan 04, 2014
Is Fashola the only leader in Nigeria?
How Far?:

On one hand you're asking someone to hold our leaders responsible, on the other you're absorbing Fashola of his moral and legal responsibility.

Is it too much for tax payers to know how much is remitted to Tinubu monthly?
Re: FOI Not Binding On States- Lagos Govt by whitecat007: 7:48pm On Jan 04, 2014
Always one step ahead of them baby!!!
Akinmail:

You gotta love the Yorubas.
We're the master of the game.
Infact we made the rules. cheesy
Re: FOI Not Binding On States- Lagos Govt by whitecat007: 7:59pm On Jan 04, 2014
Abeg carry your oversized constitutional book with 2 tons of dictionary and head home, the market is closed. You can come back in the next market day with your fellow market women to see if Fashola will poo.

Remember to wash those hands you used in digging through Fashola poo before diving into akpu dough.

bobonkiti101: .
" If any Law enacted by the House of Assembly
of a State is inconsistent with any law validly
made by the National Assembly, the law made by
the National Assembly shall prevail, and that
other Law shall, to the extent of the
inconsistency, be void."

The above is the position of the constitution(sec 5(5)) on inconsistencies between the federal and state laws regarding the guidance and governance of this nation.
Only Time will tell how long the exemption of states (championed by fashola) from FOI act provisions will last.
Re: FOI Not Binding On States- Lagos Govt by whitecat007: 8:16pm On Jan 04, 2014
Wait ooh!! It's scary in here. Why am I the only one left. Make I run too. Hmmn!!!!

I think something else is cooking, a better thread maybe. I will go and investigate.
Re: FOI Not Binding On States- Lagos Govt by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jan 04, 2014
whitecat007: We already know that your brains are programmed to see, think, dream and live Fashola to the extent during election most of you will vote in Fashola by mistake instead of gej if he's on the ballot, because to you he's everything, Fashola is all in your heads. I'm sure most of you will say Fashola subconsciously if asked who is the president of Nigeria.

Only 3 states in Nigeria passed FOI, and guess what, they are all from the feared APC states. So what exactly is the problem now? The state that is doing something is berated while the ones doing nothing are giving passes.

Those shouting they pay taxes to Lagos here either post their tax infomation or shut your criminal faces forever cos you are all tax evaders anyway or btter still move your business back to where you won't have to pay taxes.

Ibos or these atounrinwas are not demanding things from a place of love, but hate. None of their home state governor has adopted the FOI, yet they are demanding it from their host state. Can you imagine a child going to the next door neighbor to demand what he/she can't think of asking at home.

Omo Oodua, well done oo!!! The strangers among us are so comfortable that they now reject our existing laws dictate how and when laws should be passed.

Our leaders made mistake by not controlling who came in. Now are we going to start doing something today.

Stop selling properties to ibos.

[b]You see how bigoted you are? After reading all the comments here i'm beginning to wonder what the Yorubas actually think of other tribes. Don't worry you won't know my tribe, i don't engage in tribal e-wars or bigotry.

"Strangers", "Omo Oodua", "Ibos", "atounrinwas" and all the tribal slurs and classifications you can make in your head. Let me ask you;

If these "Ibos" were not in Lagos, how many Yorubas can lay claim of owning businesses in Lagos State, knowing that the commercial activities in Lagos State has transcended Lagos state to be the "commercial" hub of Sub Sahara Africa?

If not for the "Emeka and Sons limited" and "okechukwu groups" and all the commercial activities going on in the state, where will the Lagos State Govt get its IGR from? Even the Fed Govt allocation to Lagos State is from the sales of Crude Oil gotten from the South-South, but the N.Dns are not crying the way you guys are crying about your Lagos State.

If not for the "atounrinwas" who are our food basket, our rice, beans, tomatoes, yam etc, how would we have survived? Even your Amala flour is being produced in the North. The Casava for the Casava bread is produced from the SE, Oil Palm from the SE. So ask yourself honestly, what is the Yorubas contribution to the development of our beloved country Nigeria? undecided Ijebu garri?

Your cry that Lands should not be sold to the Ibos is like pouring water on a drowning man because there is no more vacant lands in Lagos state, and the buyers are mostly the "Ibos". As a matter of fact, the Ibos are still buying the lands on the outskirt of Lagos state, Epe, Ogun state and beyond. So you might want to rephrase your question and ask "How much lands does the Yorubas still own in Lagos State?"

You and your fellow bigoted Yorubas should stop the bigotry and start doing something to regain your position in Lagos State and Nigeria at large cos the truth is, the Yorubas own Lagos State but the reality on ground is that the "Ibos" have bought over almost all the lands in Lagos State.

You might want to also look at the names of the owners of the new buildings in your area (Not the face-me-i-slap-you houses). "Mr. Okechukwu", "Mr. Chukwudi", "Mrs. Okoro", "Mr. Emeka", "Mr Obiageli", "Mr Okeke", that's all the names you're going to hear all day long.

The truth is bitter my friend, it really is and until you wake up to the reality, you will never know.
[/b]
Re: FOI Not Binding On States- Lagos Govt by Ngwakwe: 8:55pm On Jan 04, 2014
Guk:

Your demeand is already met. Read here: http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/images/pageimages/downloadfiles/docs/Y2013%20HALF%20YEAR%20Appraisal.pdf

Nothing worth of public scrutiny from aggregate classification of budget expenditures.

What I saw was amount assigned to categorised miscellaneous expenditures without details.

We want to know how much the Governor, the deputy Governor and Commissioners spend on food, personal entertainment, travel, wardrobe, security, family upkeep, stationery, domestic staff etc.

Number of Cars to buy for public functionaries, there brand and cost etc

Search for FG 2014 budget Estimate to see how detailed it is hence providing the media avenue to dissecting and questioning amount assigned to each itemised project, cost of utilities and services.

2 Likes

Re: FOI Not Binding On States- Lagos Govt by Kennyfancy(m): 10:59pm On Jan 04, 2014
jamace: How can All Past Criminals allow you access into their heinous crimes? grin grin grin You wan expose fowl nyash? grin grin
yes i lov dat word,,ALL PAST CRIMINALS,,,,, pla lt share dis country oh,,am tired of seeing namals wen b northerns oh
Re: FOI Not Binding On States- Lagos Govt by MT: 12:29am On Jan 05, 2014
Same thing played itself out in Oyo state. A lawyer requested for a document from the state house of assembly and they replied him that the FOI bill has not been domesticated in the state. The lawyer - barrister yomi ogunlola - took Oyo state house of assembly to court for court to interprete the FOI bill as it relates to the state. The court ruled in his favour and asked the state house of assembly to furnish the lawyer with the document that he requested for. The court even ruled that the FOI bill is part of the fundamental human rights of the citizens. I'm not a lawyer but I feel since there's a precedence, future judgement can rely on it.
Re: FOI Not Binding On States- Lagos Govt by UyiIredia(m): 12:37am On Jan 05, 2014
Garri the 1st:

End of Discussion!!!

cheesy cheesy cheesy

And these silly people get mouth to ask for my tax ? When I no fit see wet in e dey do ? Dem craze! And before any ignoramus bodthers to question me start by reading on governance is Sweden.
Re: FOI Not Binding On States- Lagos Govt by Valuee(m): 1:02am On Jan 05, 2014
It would be appreciated if more emphasis is laid on the issue discussed in the letter rather than attacking APC governors.
Firstly, in a true federal state which Nigeria claims to be, the federal and state legislating bodies have rights to exercise their power on the concurrent list, and decisions reached are not bound on the other party. That's why in some states in US, same sex marriage is legal and in other states, it is illegal.
Secondly, the Governor never said he wouldnt make such information in question available to the public. He is only pointing out the fact that he is not obliged by the constitution to provide such information, except the state legislating body demands such information be made public.
Re: FOI Not Binding On States- Lagos Govt by CROWE: 1:35am On Jan 05, 2014
ImperialYoruba from page one is absolutely right.

You cannot ask for anything and just get it, there needs to be somethings that are kept secret. It is difficult to manage these types of things but drawing a line in the sand is stupid.

Take the US government for example, with FOI, any bloke can just walk up to the government and demand a list of all undercover agents in the middle east and by law will have to be given this list. You can see how this can pose a problem, our states do not have agents in the middle east and I am quite certain they shouldn't have anything to hide but the principle still stands since we cannot know with any certainty what a state is going to have to deal with.

The problem here is not Lagos state, it is the legislation, if there is even a problem, the solution would certainly not be to rave at the Lagos state government like mindless lunatics, it is to go to the national assembly and try to change the law.

With what I see here, you idio.ts are no better than the people you criticize, most of you are just as stewpid and ignorant.

1 Like

Re: FOI Not Binding On States- Lagos Govt by manny4life(m): 2:20am On Jan 05, 2014
CROWÉ: ImperialYoruba from page one is absolutely right.

You cannot ask for anything and just get it, there needs to be somethings that are kept secret. It is difficult to manage these types of things but drawing a line in the sand is stupid.

Take the US government for example, with FOI, any bloke can just walk up to the government and demand a list of all undercover agents in the middle east and by law will have to be given this list. You can see how this can pose a problem, our states do not have agents in the middle east and I am quite certain they shouldn't have anything to hide but the principle still stands since we cannot know with any certainty what a state is going to have to deal with.

The problem here is not Lagos state, it is the legislation, if there is even a problem, the solution would certainly not be to rave at the Lagos state government like mindless lunatics, it is to go to the national assembly and try to change the law.

With what I see here, you idio.ts are no better than the people you criticize, most of you are just as stewpid and ignorant.

Now you're off tangent, the FOI bill neither says nor infers what you posited with the US Govt example. The FOI gives right to access basic, non-classified information, however restricts operational procedures of certain agencies. What you had just said with regards to the list is operational tactics and protocols of agencies which FOI doesn't cover, however, FOI covers knowing information with regards to expenditures associated with agency operations.

For instance, I don't need to know about DoD undercover agents, but I need to know if DoD is spending $10,000 on a piece of cake like how OIG showed how OAG spent about $2,000 for a dozen muffin used in a get together. That's what FOI wants to know, and NOT what the get together was all about. Hope you get the idea. It's because of FOI that some many of the fraud going on in Nigeria and misappropriated expenditure is known. Without FOI, our govt will be operating secretively, however, the people have a right to know what's going on.

1 Like

Re: FOI Not Binding On States- Lagos Govt by CROWE: 2:44am On Jan 05, 2014
manny4life:

Now you're off tangent, the FOI bill neither says nor infers what you posited with the US Govt example. The FOI gives right to access basic, non-classified information, however restricts operational procedures of certain agencies. What you had just said with regards to the list is operational tactics and protocols of agencies which FOI doesn't cover, however, FOI covers knowing information with regards to expenditures associated with agency operations.

For instance, I don't need to know about DoD undercover agents, but I need to know if DoD is spending $10,000 on a piece of cake like how OIG showed how OAG spent about $2,000 for a dozen muffin used in a get together. That's what FOI wants to know, and NOT what the get together was all about. Hope you get the idea. It's because of FOI that some many of the fraud going on in Nigeria and misappropriated expenditure is known. Without FOI, our govt will be operating secretively, however, the people have a right to know what's going on.

Thank you for the clarification, I didn't know that. However, even in my post that was just an example to offer perspective, my point was that the contents of the law are to blame and not the Lagos state government, so if you have a problem with them ever exercising their right to say no to the FOI then go to the national assembly and change the law.
Re: FOI Not Binding On States- Lagos Govt by alingo4life: 6:49am On Jan 05, 2014
Na now you just dey see this for Lagos?Hennn..In the Early days of the Ajimobi Administration,Wives of Members of the OYO state House of Assembly went on a shopping spree with Madam Speaker in the UK,Citizens requested to know how much was spent and where the money came from through the FOI,But alas,They told us,I mean the Ajimobi Government told us the FOI is not binding on states,Yes,They said it's not binding on OYO state.The case is still in court..Now,somebody should tell me there's a difference between the PDP and APC or wetin them call themselves..

Hmmmm.I rest my case!!!
Re: FOI Not Binding On States- Lagos Govt by bank2k4real(m): 7:16am On Jan 05, 2014
happy sundsy....check my signature...
Re: FOI Not Binding On States- Lagos Govt by herbdull(m): 9:00am On Jan 05, 2014
DerideGull: When federal and state law merged at an opposing point on the same pertinent issue, the federal law trumps the state law. Do these half-baked goons in Lagos State want us to believe that democracy is only practiced in Nigeria.
Nothing like FEd law thumping state... State cant legistate some state issues such as security which are class as exclusive. The state house has to pass a similar law, as in the child right bill, National health insurance etc.
Re: FOI Not Binding On States- Lagos Govt by deleson: 9:02am On Jan 05, 2014
To lay the facts plainly, Lagos state has not signed (enacted) the Freedom of Information Bill. At the last check, it was only a public hearing that was held. The document you have on R2K's website is the presented bill of the act and not the ACT/LAW itself.

On the binding status of a federal act on the federating units, that's much of a controversy amidst legal interpreters.

However, with the current governance/constitutional structure in Nigeria, most federal Laws aren't automatically binding on federating states, rather they will have to domesticate or otherwise.

In order to push for speedy domestication of this act in states, citizens' voice just be loud and continuous. And after the enactment, there should strong engagement, follow up and utilization of the act by called and sundry.

Suffice to state, FoIA is not to the ended to engrossed corruption and malfeasance in Nigeria, However, it will assist the war against corruption.

Tayo
Re: FOI Not Binding On States- Lagos Govt by herbdull(m): 9:31am On Jan 05, 2014
eGuerrilla:

and Ogun state
http://www.freedominfo.org/2012/02/nigerian-state-of-ogun-will-pass-foi-law-ag-says/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Meet Nigeria's Youngest Governorship Candidate, PDP's Umar Nasko [pic] / Inec Registration Area Centers In Kuje And Other Area Councils In The Fct / Sw: What Is Next?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.