Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,850 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

Sw: What Is Next? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sw: What Is Next? (9103 Views)

Buhari Appoints Technocrats From The SS,SE And Politicians From SW / CBN Confirms That SW APC Governors Are Leading Cause Of Recession / Video link: Yoruba People Disgrace APC In SW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sw: What Is Next? by ektbear: 10:38pm On Apr 27, 2011
Alright, good that the PDP has been kicked out of all of the SW.

Now, what is the plan? What are the biggest things on the todo list for Oyo, Ogun, and each of the other SW states?

Also, what tasks should the region tackle collectively?

SW folk are welcome to post here and discuss what they want their state and region to look like in four years time.
Re: Sw: What Is Next? by Gbawe: 10:46pm On Apr 27, 2011
My brother , is this thread not premature and in a party pooper style ? Abeg bring this thread back after folks are sworn in at all levels. For now , break open your favourite poison (alcohol) and just 'shayo' like everyone else  wink wink . This is a time for celebration and relaxation . Nothing else.
Re: Sw: What Is Next? by ektbear: 11:03pm On Apr 27, 2011
^-- Hehe. OK. I guess in a week or so, we'll revisit this thread.
Re: Sw: What Is Next? by seanet02: 11:05pm On Apr 27, 2011
1. Remove all elements of papa deceiving pikin. 2. Massive industrialization. 3. Reorganization of the Agricultural sector for food security. 4. Impoving the security apparatus. 5. Providing good qualitative and free education up to secondary level. 6. Banning the use of bleaching creams so that our Youths won't emulate the Fanta face coke leg former governor of Oyo state. Reorganization of the ODUA group of companies like Wema bank and odua telecom. Mehn we got Jobs to do o
Re: Sw: What Is Next? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Apr 27, 2011
ekt_bear:

^-- Hehe. OK. I guess in a week or so, we'll revisit this thread.

Dont be such a killjoy now!!! We'll shack, get over the hangover, then talk  wink, bring back the thread in 3 wks
Re: Sw: What Is Next? by Gbawe: 11:19pm On Apr 27, 2011
naijababe:

Dont be such a killjoy now!!! We'll shack, get over the hangover, then talk  wink, bring back the thread in 3 wks

Precisely !!! I know guys who are actually delirious with joy right now because what we imaged impossible has now happened i.e the ousting of the PDP , totally , from the SW region. This is a day for even the most tenacious intellectuals to take a break. I bet even Wole Soyinka is drinking some 60 year old malt whisky , he saved for very special occasions, right now  smiley smiley
Re: Sw: What Is Next? by Nobody: 11:30pm On Apr 27, 2011
Most definitely having a shandy at least on Friday. I'm so elated.
Re: Sw: What Is Next? by ektbear: 11:36pm On Apr 27, 2011
ok, let us just not celebrate for too long. too much work to be done over the next four years to relax and not hold leaders accountable. Celebrate for a bit, but then it comes time to map out a plan for the future.
Re: Sw: What Is Next? by DisGuy: 11:39pm On Apr 27, 2011
Lemonade or Orange juice for me thank you fery much, orange preferably from baba's farm

Grow IGR aggressively or moderately depending on GDP
Link the states= trains or Roads
Bullish on Education at all levels
Bullish on skill sets for those not made for classroom

rest to come later , wheres me glass of orange juice no ice  cool
Re: Sw: What Is Next? by Nobody: 11:43pm On Apr 27, 2011
^ Ogbeni, dont forget Agriculture o, all those agric settlements will be revived. Papa Awo! E kare lona orun o, I'm sure you are proud

@ Dis guy - dat your sig . . . . . . . . mad joke ni o grin grin
Re: Sw: What Is Next? by Nobody: 11:48pm On Apr 27, 2011
In ogun state,our priority now is how daniel will be arrested on 29 may 2011 and send him to jail asap;from thereon we know what's up.
i'm sure there's going to be serious competition for development among the ACN governors.checkout Lagos and Edo state for confirmation.
Re: Sw: What Is Next? by ektbear: 11:53pm On Apr 27, 2011
Agric is sort of a difficult puzzle. You want to

A) encourage large modern efficient farms; this is the new direction the world has been moving to for a long time now.
B) but you also need to raise the productivity of your typical small-holder farmer

(A) is very sexy and probably easier to attract funding for. But although (B) is more difficult, it is probably just as important for raising standards of living and increasing food production.
Re: Sw: What Is Next? by Nobody: 11:59pm On Apr 27, 2011
^ I will never forgive Akintola! If you know the kinda ground work Awo did on agriculture, u'd be amazed. A large part of Ogun State were to be Agric settlements, where large scale food production would have been their own income generator. I'm talking ranches and proper farms.

All the infrastructure's still there in some of the chosen towns. Our new progressives just have to follow Awo's vision
Re: Sw: What Is Next? by DisGuy: 12:04am On Apr 28, 2011
Yea agriculture is very important most especially the full chain in that sector so we dont just sell raw products and the state should push for a ban on local produced or produceable food products

We need the whole region to be linked together then take advantage of neighbouring countries too, that will expand expand the market
Re: Sw: What Is Next? by Nobody: 12:07am On Apr 28, 2011
They dont even need to place bans, once we are producing locally, the ensuing competitiveness will drive out importation but you are right, linking the region is key
Re: Sw: What Is Next? by ektbear: 12:14am On Apr 28, 2011
@naijababe: So like 50+ hectare farms? Or how big are you saying? And how did Akintola mess this up?

Anyway, you are right. We need some sort of farm loans so that even small farmers can get access to tractors, fertilizers, improved high-yield seeds, pesticides, etc.

I'm not sure of the exact structure needed to supply these things to farmers, but without them they'll find it difficult to be competitive against the rest of the world.

I agree, import bans are not needed if we can make our farmers competitive and productive.
Re: Sw: What Is Next? by ektbear: 12:16am On Apr 28, 2011
I've also wondered a bit about the road networks in the SW. What is the best way to fix them rapidly? Unfortunately, the more important roads are owned by the FG. . . this is a major stumbling block.
Re: Sw: What Is Next? by Katsumoto: 12:22am On Apr 28, 2011
ekt_bear:

I've also wondered a bit about the road networks in the SW. What is the best way to fix them rapidly? Unfortunately, the more important roads are owned by the FG. . . this is a major stumbling block.

If they have the funds, they can build tracks throughtout the SW. Trains can be used to transport people and products. The foundations for this can laid in the next four years as all governors belong to the same party, so inter-state cooperation should be easier. If they wait on the FG, they will wait for ever. Transportation crippled Tinapa

1 Like

Re: Sw: What Is Next? by dayokanu(m): 12:24am On Apr 28, 2011
I think a light rail project linking Lagos, Ogun Oyo would be a good point to start

Also aggresive Power projects that would attract investments and another Port on Ondo.

If we make these strides, Our Edo brother would join us soon even our brothers in Kogi and Kwara wont be left out.

I think the Oodua port should be somewhere in the Ondo-Ogun border by the Atlantic. Lets leave Apapa for all and Sundry while we develop ours

1 Like

Re: Sw: What Is Next? by seanet02: 12:24am On Apr 28, 2011
Thinking of the Large Bitumen deposit being in Ondo being explored but the FG is a cog in the wheel of Progress. Needs their approval to do this. The governors should also try and set up a regional marketing board to help the Rejuvenation of cocoa and rubber industry.
Re: Sw: What Is Next? by DisGuy: 12:24am On Apr 28, 2011
ekt_bear:

about 60+ 'agents' in the house of assembly, the hat wearing teacher had better listen or else no bills will ever be passed, na to hold am to ransom na
Re: Sw: What Is Next? by Nobody: 12:29am On Apr 28, 2011
ekt_bear:

@naijababe: So like 50+ hectare farms? Or how big are you saying? And how did Akintola mess this up?

Anyway, you are right. We need some sort of farm loans so that even small farmers can get access to tractors, fertilizers, improved high-yield seeds, pesticides, etc.

I'm not sure of the exact structure needed to supply these things to farmers, but without them they'll find it difficult to be competitive against the rest of the world.

I agree, import bans are not needed if we can make our farmers competitive and productive.

Yes o, there's a place called Ado-Odo in Ogun state, Awo had set up ranch like settlements and the facility exists to date with no use. Akintola sleeping with the enemy (NPC) put paid to all of that
Re: Sw: What Is Next? by seanet02: 12:33am On Apr 28, 2011
We also need to do something on the alarming rate of industries leaving Sango and ikeja industrial estates due to power and high costs. FG can't be left with this else ,
Re: Sw: What Is Next? by Nobody: 12:34am On Apr 28, 2011
dayokanu:

I think a light rail project linking Lagos, Ogun Oyo would be a good point to start

Also aggresive Power projects that would attract investments and another Port on Ondo.

If we make these strides, Our Edo brother would join us soon even our brothers in Kogi and Kwara wont be left out.

I think the Oodua port should be somewhere in the Ondo-Ogun border by the Atlantic. Lets leave Apapa for all and Sundry while we develop ours

Best thing that can happen is the network. Just imagine how many people will voluntarily move to other states if they know they can travel to Lagos to work relatively easily

I for one will move to Ijebu -Ode in a jiffy
Re: Sw: What Is Next? by olaolabiy: 12:34am On Apr 28, 2011
dayokanu:

A Port without the FG? Impossicant!

It's within FG's prerogative. And, it can only be staffed by the FG.
Re: Sw: What Is Next? by dayokanu(m): 12:36am On Apr 28, 2011
^^ Why do you think we cant do it without the FG?
Re: Sw: What Is Next? by zstranger: 12:37am On Apr 28, 2011
ola olabiy:

A Port without the FG? Impossicant!

I[b]t's within FG's prerogative[/b]. And, it can only be staffed by the FG.

Land use act?
Re: Sw: What Is Next? by ektbear: 12:38am On Apr 28, 2011
Katsumoto:

If they have the funds, they can build tracks throughtout the SW. Trains can be used to transport people and products. The foundations for this can laid in the next four years as all governors belong to the same party, so inter-state cooperation should be easier.
They can probably come up with the funds using some sort of private public partnership.

If they wait on the FG, they will wait for ever. Transportation crippled Tinapa
Is there any way to push the FG to privatize the roads in the SW? Or to hand them over to the SW states? At least once it is under our control, we can fix them. . . making them toll roads if necessary to raise money to fix.
Re: Sw: What Is Next? by Nobody: 12:38am On Apr 28, 2011
zstranger:

Land use act?

Exactly and IPP wont fly too. I swear we really need to ensure our reps work on the federalism aspect o
Re: Sw: What Is Next? by olaolabiy: 12:39am On Apr 28, 2011
zstranger:

Land use act?

Nope. Security-related.

Revenue-related.
Re: Sw: What Is Next? by ektbear: 12:39am On Apr 28, 2011
seanet02:

Thinking of the Large Bitumen deposit being in Ondo being explored but the FG is a cog in the wheel of Progress. Needs their approval to do this. The governors should also try and set up a regional marketing board to help the Rejuvenation of cocoa and rubber industry.
You mean crude oil from bitumen? Hehe, I sort of don't want to tap that unless Nigeria scatters. It is very very damaging on the environment. . . you don't want to turn your homeland into a wasteland like the Niger delta.

If naija scatters, then you partner with Canada, Israel, Venezuela, Brazil, countries like that to commercial it.
Re: Sw: What Is Next? by Nadanbata: 12:39am On Apr 28, 2011
Govern well together. Mini Model for Naija. Rally the people. Make Alliance with NE/NW 2015. Kick out PDP from Aso Rock, So we can finally get 24/7 Electricty, security and decent infrastructure in Naija.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Boko Haram: JTF Killed Innocent People And Not Our Members / I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra / Governor El-Rufai At Eid Praying Ground

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.