Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,903 members, 7,835,014 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi (33067 Views)

I Dear Catholics To Prove Me Wrong On This. / Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted / 2014 Prophecy By W.f. Kumuyi Of Deeper Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by ignis: 1:21pm On Dec 24, 2013
Though, Jesus may not be born on December 25th, we christian choose that date in order to celebrate the birth and coming of the saviour to earth...

1 Like

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by godumes: 1:21pm On Dec 24, 2013
Ds nation NIGERIA is an interestin country! everytin is about politics, even in d CHURCH. I pray dat GOD wil nt judge d christians of NIGERIA accordin to our sins.

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by ChiSun27(m): 1:21pm On Dec 24, 2013
Meeehn...this thread chop hidden posts die...me sef dey observe cool

I know sey na dis kind thread Pagan9ja dey lyk....bombos.

1 Like

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Nobody: 1:22pm On Dec 24, 2013
sureteeboy: But Pastor Kumuyi was adressing the congregation, not the catholics, He never said this to a media website. He simply said this to the church members. so, why are the catholics replying.
As in eeh, me I tire oo

1 Like

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by hotwax: 1:22pm On Dec 24, 2013
ignis: Though, Jesus may not be born on December 25th, we christian choose that date in order to celebrate the birth and coming of the saviour to earth...

I dont know why that is so hard for a pastor/graduate to understand.

Nobody is saying Christ was born on december 25.

We just picked a popular holiday to honor/celebrate him.

Nawa for some people sha...

1 Like

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by koboko69: 1:23pm On Dec 24, 2013
Btruth: As for me & my household, we celebrate Christ birth (Xmas), as much as we celebrate his death & resurrection (Ester).

Infact, I celebrate Christ Jesus everyday. If Pastor Kumuyi & his followers does not celebrate him, that is their own palaver.

Merry Xmas nairalanders!
I have noticed people just comment based on other peoples comment. The message is sum le...we out to celeberate the birth of jesus everyday amd not just xmas day. What exactly do u do on exmas day. Eat, drink and get drunk, go to elegushi, dance to satanic music...alot of people kill rob for this cursed day 25th of dec. Is this ow to celeberate the so called xmas.
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by hardeyincah(m): 1:24pm On Dec 24, 2013
sureteeboy: But Pastor Kumuyi was adressing the congregation, not the catholics, He never said this to a media website. He simply said this to the church members. so, why are the catholics replying.
shut up, he called on fellow christains to ignore the celebration...
go and read the stuff again...

ANO FIA
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by ignis: 1:25pm On Dec 24, 2013
princesammmy:

It was not even a letter but he was talking to his congregation, which I see no reason for them to reply
That's my exact thought...
I think catholics are just seeking for attention...

1 Like

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by sureteeboy(m): 1:25pm On Dec 24, 2013
hotwax:

WHy cant he face his church and leave catholic out of it? Must he attacked anybody. If he is allergic to xmas, not all his congregation hate xmas.

I have many deeper life friends that are crazy for xmas.
He never dragged Catholib into it. so, why did you say he should leave them out of this? My brother, the world is changing. xmas isnt what it used to be again. Imagine a gospel singer saying, happy sexmas. Imagine the Bervely Osu xmas card with a naked pic on it. All these are far from what xmas signifies. The world has crept quietly into the church and sin is no longer regarded to as sin. May God help us all.

3 Likes

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by koboko69: 1:25pm On Dec 24, 2013
hotwax:

I dont know why that is so hard for a pastor/graduate to understand.

Nobody is saying Christ was born on december 25.

We just picked a popular holiday to honor/celebrate him.

Nawa for some people sha...

The message was simple. We dont need a date..we ought to celeberate he birth of christ everydays of ur life? How many cartons of beer do plan to drink tmr....? Thats ow ubceleberate the birth of ur saviour
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by 76Naira(m): 1:26pm On Dec 24, 2013
When Kumuyi started, TV was not allowed, today where are we? Seems the word of God has adjusted a bit.
Then, his daughter's sleeveless wedding gown compared to the Amish inspired gowns worn by brides from his flock.
If all these pastors could do more than just talk, Nigeria would be a mile hence. But how can we get better? With pastors being as corrupt as politicians...from Okotie's 120m naira Rolls Royce to their private jets, we see you all.

1 Like

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Gwizatasie: 1:26pm On Dec 24, 2013
sapien: Kumuyi is such a hypocrite!
The same Kumuyi who is on facebook? Is Mark Zukerberg, owner of facebook, a christian?
The Same Kumuyi whose church worships on SUN-days(A pagan day)? The same Kumuyi who drives in luxurious cars made by atheists? Let him keep brainwashing his members who can't think outside the box!
I pity your life
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Nobody: 1:26pm On Dec 24, 2013
haibe:

dull!!!

So you think pastor kumuyi is the one that posts those status on Facebook? you must be a joker.

See this one o.
So that is your defense.lmao
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by sureteeboy(m): 1:26pm On Dec 24, 2013
hardeyincah:
shut up, he called on fellow christains to ignore the celebration...
go and read the stuff again...

ANO FIA
He called on xtians? Were you at the retreat? do you believe what the media says rather than what the members say?

5 Likes

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by hotwax: 1:26pm On Dec 24, 2013
koboko69:
I have noticed people just comment based on other peoples comment. The message is sum le...we out to celeberate the birth of jesus everyday amd not just xmas day. What exactly do u do on exmas day. Eat, drink and get drunk, go to elegushi, dance to satanic music...alot of people kill rob for this cursed day 25th of dec. Is this ow to celeberate the so called xmas.

Google the world celebration. Or simply check your dictionary. And come back and tell us better ways to celebrate xmas.
Dont tell us people cry to celebrate. Thats why we have Easter. The death and rise of Jesus.
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by hotwax: 1:28pm On Dec 24, 2013
koboko69:

The message was simple. We dont need a date..we ought to celeberate he birth of christ everydays of ur life? How many cartons of beer do plan to drink tmr....? Thats ow ubceleberate the birth of ur saviour

I dont drink. I use juice..cakes, rice and meat.

Celebration is celebration.

Dont tell me they dont drink beer during Ileya.
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 24, 2013
Why call the man names? What is untrue about what he has said? Christmas isn't in the bible na. Oya someone bring me a passage in the bible where it was written that Dec 25th is the date of birth of our Lord Jesus Christ and I'll hold my peace.
Abeg you all should leave pastor Kumuyi alone jor. He is one of the very few pastors I'll always love and respect.

6 Likes

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by hotwax: 1:31pm On Dec 24, 2013
JustifiedChild: Why call the man names? What is untrue about what he has said? Christmas isn't in the bible na. Oya someone bring me a passage in the bible where it was written that Dec 25th is the date of birth of our Lord Jesus Christ and I'll hold my peace.
Abeg you all should leave pastor Kumuyi alone jor. He is one of the very few pastors I'll always love and respect.

Oya give us quote where they write the word "Pastor" in the bible. #[b]Pastor[/b]Kumuyi
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by koboko69: 1:32pm On Dec 24, 2013
76Naira: When Kumuyi started, TV was not allowed, today where are we? Seems the word of God has adjusted a bit.
Then, his daughter's sleeveless wedding gown compared to the Amish inspired gowns worn by brides from his flock.
If all these pastors could do more than just talk, Nigeria would be a mile hence. But how can we get better? With pastors being as corrupt as politicians...from Okotie's 120m naira Rolls Royce to their private jets, we see you all.

Shut up. Its was the church standard not bible standard. He preached against it cos of what he said comes out of it. Knowing the world we live in today, where what we see daily on the streets is even worse than what we see on tv. Besides technology have evovled so much that immoral words, immoral scenes are censored. Asides this...we live in a smart world now....its is practically impossible to make his member avoid tv now. Tthe bible standard remains...but the church standard can change. About his dauther inlaw...if u have a son, what powers or right do you have to control whatever his wife chooses to wear? Open ur head

3 Likes

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Domwiz4all(m): 1:33pm On Dec 24, 2013
If Kumuyi is saying celebrating Xmas isnt Biblical, what about Church wedding? Is it Biblical?
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by chi4ik(m): 1:34pm On Dec 24, 2013
Hosea 4:6 My people are doomed because they do not acknowledge me. You priests have refused to acknowledge me and have rejected my teaching, and so I reject you and will not acknowledge your sons as my priests. kumuyi don't U celebrate ur birthday? Infact from 2day I ban all Dipper Lifers from Celebrating their birthdays but doom ar awaiting them 4 not Celebrating Christ birthday.. Tank God I'm a CHATHOLIC MEMBER....... 2moro I can't wait oooooo..
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by sureteeboy(m): 1:34pm On Dec 24, 2013
hotwax:

Oya give us quote where they write the word "Pastor" in the bible. #[b]Pastor[/b]Kumuyi
Perhaps,you should just google what the word 'pastor' means. then u'll realize your response to his post has nothing to do with what he wrote at all.
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by ejim4christ(m): 1:35pm On Dec 24, 2013
Hmmmmmm,I know some people must reply,anyway its a personal tin
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by koboko69: 1:36pm On Dec 24, 2013
Ephesians 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

What next do you have to say?
hotwax:

4 Likes

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by sureteeboy(m): 1:37pm On Dec 24, 2013
chi4ik: Hosea 4:6 My people are doomed because they do not acknowledge me. You priests have refused to acknowledge me and have rejected my teaching, and so I reject you and will not acknowledge your sons as my priests. kumuyi don't U celebrate ur birthday? Infact from 2day I ban all Dipper Lifers from Celebrating their birthdays but doom ar awaiting them 4 not Celebrating Christ birthday .. Tank God I'm a CHATHOLIC MEMBER....... 2moro I can't wait oooooo..
Just as the Bible says. Right?
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by chi4ik(m): 1:38pm On Dec 24, 2013
zicky: Mind u kumuyi was only speaking to members of his church, he was not speaking to Christians in Nigeria, so if you are not a member of his church I don't see the reason why dis should b your problem. Every church has der doctrine, so stick to what you believe.
The man stands for what he believe, what do you stand for?
bro I refer U to this chapter Hosea. 4:6 My people are doomed because they do not acknowledge me. You priests have refused to acknowledge me and have rejected my teaching, and so I reject you and will not acknowledge your sons as my priests.
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Dee60: 1:38pm On Dec 24, 2013
I think Kumuyi was quoted out of context. That is what journalists do sometimes.

1 Like

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by maxtamazin: 1:39pm On Dec 24, 2013
Most Christians know Jesus wasn't born on the 25th, infact Jesus was never a christian, but there is nothing wrong in celebrating that day. One day in a yr where christian and Muslims have fun and share gifts. I see nothing wrong with that.
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Nobody: 1:39pm On Dec 24, 2013
sapien: Kumuyi is such a hypocrite!
The same Kumuyi who is on facebook? Is Mark Zukerberg, owner of facebook, a christian?
The Same Kumuyi whose church worships on SUN-days(A pagan day)? The same Kumuyi who drives in luxurious cars made by atheists? Let him keep brainwashing his members who can't think outside the box!

You forgot to mention he was busted at his children's (wedding made in hell) fire smiling cheek to cheek while others dare not do such else they face excommunication.
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by profbrightuzoma: 1:39pm On Dec 24, 2013
[quote author=clicknewsnaija]

http://www.africanspotlight.com/2013/12/23/christmas-celebration-catholic-church-replies-pastor-kumuyi/
http://clicknewznigeria..com/2013/. as for me Christmas does not to be celebrated God did not tell us to do that he only told us to remember his deaths by taking bread and wine as communal
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by sureteeboy(m): 1:40pm On Dec 24, 2013
chi4ik: bro I refer U to this chapter Hosea. 4:6 My people are doomed because they do not acknowledge me. You priests have refused to acknowledge me and have rejected my teaching, and so I reject you and will not acknowledge your sons as my priests.
You mean, the way to acknowledge Christ is by celebrating his birth?
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by koboko69: 1:41pm On Dec 24, 2013
chi4ik: Hosea 4:6 My people are doomed because they do not acknowledge me. You priests have refused to acknowledge me and have rejected my teaching, and so I reject you and will not acknowledge your sons as my priests. kumuyi don't U celebrate ur birthday? Infact from 2day I ban all Dipper Lifers from Celebrating their birthdays but doom ar awaiting them 4 not Celebrating Christ birthday.. Tank God I'm a CHATHOLIC MEMBER....... 2moro I can't wait oooooo..

If u knw thier members...you will knw they dont celeberate birthdays. Deeperlife always have backings in the scripture. I remeber always having arguments with them. Guess what they always win. The only place birthday was mentioned in the bible was for something evil... when king herod beheaded apostle Peter!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Smart Phones Are Demonic: A Nairalanders Experience / Adeboye, Olukoya, Oyedepo, Oritsajafor, Listen To Christ Warning & Amend Ur Way / 2-year-Old Girl Preaching At Christ Embassy In Kenya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.