Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,779 members, 7,831,509 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi (33065 Views)

I Dear Catholics To Prove Me Wrong On This. / Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted / 2014 Prophecy By W.f. Kumuyi Of Deeper Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by zicky(m): 1:41pm On Dec 24, 2013
hardeyincah:
u are silly, go and read d stuff again.. he called o oda christians to ignore d celebration...

DUMB
If you can't drive your point without insults only shows hw mature you are, if you must know I was in his church the day he made dat statement so won't bother myself reading what was writing on d net. Though I don't agree totally with him but I respect him.

1 Like

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by sawhite: 1:42pm On Dec 24, 2013

2 Likes

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Nobody: 1:42pm On Dec 24, 2013
Gwizatasie: I pity your life

you're even guilty of idolatory cos you'll defend your god pastor at all cost
what has he said wrong.
He even forgot to add that this your pastor caught on camera at children's wedding made is hell fire. Define HYPOCRISY
But every other person in the church gets suspended if they dared such but instead of ever seeing that he's a man no, we'll rather see him as God.
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by chi4ik(m): 1:42pm On Dec 24, 2013
Danhumprey: You're on point,jare!
which point hell fire candidate? Remember mathew 7:1 do not judge others so that God will not judge U....I'm a proud Catholic $ forever I will be....
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by hotwax: 1:43pm On Dec 24, 2013
sureteeboy: He never dragged Catholib into it. so, why did you say he should leave them out of this? My brother, the world is changing. xmas isnt what it used to be again. Imagine a gospel singer saying, happy sexmas. Imagine the Bervely Osu xmas card with a naked pic on it. All these are far from what xmas signifies. The world has crept quietly into the church and sin is no longer regarded to as sin. May God help us all.

Thats their way of celebrating xmas. Xmas is not a protocol that you have rules and regulations of how to observe it. We cant condemn them. That is how their brains work. It does not mean you too should celebrate it that way too.
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by joshneku: 1:43pm On Dec 24, 2013
The man of God was talkin to his congregation. I heard him live. If u are not a member of his church u must'nt agree wit him. Lets watch our words.

2 Likes

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by zicky(m): 1:44pm On Dec 24, 2013
sureteeboy: He called on xtians? Were you at the retreat? do you believe what the media says rather than what the members say?

Guy abeg help Ṁ̭̥̈̅̄ε̲̣̣̣̥ ask a̶̲̥̅‎♏

1 Like

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by klax(m): 1:45pm On Dec 24, 2013
But what is all these mess Christain are creating here Why is it that Christain love making ridicle of themselves for God sake Honestly should we be fighting ourselves just because of religion again This is disgraceful indeed.

Lets wait a minute not long ago one of the worst man of Devil (Okotie) calling himself man of God a first class adulterer dropped a bombshell yet to be settled and now a man of Kumuyi status who can not trained her daughter, whom his own church asked him a while ago to step down because of her daughter messed now dropping his bombshell please sir Pastor Kumuyi you are a honourable man of God this is not the time for you to say such word because you are still under fire even inside your own church.

Pastor Kumuyi you said Christmas is idolatory please can you tell us or show us in the Bible where the word "CHRISTMAS" was refered to as IDOLATORY" please show us where its written boldly christmas is idolatory from Genesis to Revelation if you and your church dont believe in Xmas that does not mean other churches should not believe in it as well just mind your side and carry on with the work God place in your hand sir.

All you Mr GO stop all these ridiculous talk game and focus on winning souls perishing out their for God. Boko Haram stood up and challenged you all and slaughters Christains in thousands what did you do about it All you care about is to start dropping bombshell making Christainity a ridicule religion in the face of unbelievers as if we dont know what we are doing this is not right.

Its pastor that you will see talking anyhow, its pastor that do the worst 419, its pastor you will see in occultism, its pastor you will see having Phd in Adultery, its pastor you will that take fun in marrying and divorce at will and to him its a fun, its pastor you will see lies and be a politician, its pastor you will see using charm to run his church, its pastor you will see that can not manage his anger, its pastor you will see slapping hs church members and yet feel good about it, its pastor that set a human like him on fire, its pastor that display wealth and private jet plus 38 SUV package full with dust in his mansion etc to name few and yet you said you are running CAN what is the meaning of your CAN is useless because you are not worthy of be a pastor or men of God talkless of forming CAN. Can't you people talk to yourselves?
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by hotwax: 1:45pm On Dec 24, 2013
sureteeboy: Perhaps,you should just google what the word 'pastor' means. then u'll realize your response to his post has nothing to do with what he wrote at all.

Why call the man names? What is untrue about what he has said? Christmas isn't in the bible na. Oya someone bring me a passage in the bible where it was written that Dec 25th is the date of birth of our Lord Jesus Christ and I'll hold my peace.
Abeg you all should leave pastor Kumuyi alone jor. He is one of the very few pastors I'll always love and respect.

So you expect the bible to have date records?

How many date records does bible has? You know there was no adequate record keeping during bible time.

You are better than this.
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Wheellz(m): 1:46pm On Dec 24, 2013
CODE-EATER:
Its not fair...its not fair at all!!!. cry

Why does the world hate Catholics.. If u don't know before all these churches sprouted up,there was only one church, The global roman catholic church, founded after our Savior Jesus Christ had gone back to his father by the apostles and other followrs... The one true church of God only started breaking up when different people started interpreting the bible diffrntly n disagreeing with the already established doctrines of the church... We have different kinds of bibles today because those who broke away took the original piece n modified it to what de wnt.... Nw d world hates us cry

on point!!!
Dy wldnt bliv dat.
Dy brk out 4 personal reasons.
D priests study theology latin e.t.c. OVA TEN YRS DEN APOSTOLIC WRK YET DY WAIT TO B ORDAINED A PRIEST(NT 2YRS R 6MNTHS).
DY KNW NOTIN ABT D CATHOLIC FAITH.
DY JST TYP.
LISTEN TO GOSSIP ND SPREAD SAME.
VISIT A PRIEST ND LT HIM TELL U.
DY V SKULS MODALESS HOMES CLINICS OUR OFFERTORIES R SNT TO HLP D NEEDY.
ALL DIS DNE IN LOW PROFILE. WITHOUT SHWIN OFF ON TV R RUMOURD. ALL DIS KEPT IN LW PROFILE.
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Nobody: 1:46pm On Dec 24, 2013
Kamsy10:

you're even guilty of idolatory cos you'll defend your god pastor at all cost
what has he said wrong.
He even forgot to add that this your pastor caught on camera at children's wedding made is hell fire. Define HYPOCRISY
But every other person in the church gets suspended if they dared such but instead of ever seeing that he's a man no, we'll rather see him as God.
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by troy20(m): 1:46pm On Dec 24, 2013
He feasts with zeus in mount olympus...he plays golf with poseidon...so he must be a god.all we mortals can only quake in fear even when he belch's off a good meal.i saw him for the first time in convoyes of heavily tinted jeeps with suited men running at the sides in my youth service days.i thought kumuyi was a governor until i was drilled in of his legend.then i said wow! I just saw a god who said we shouldnt watch television...

1 Like

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by koboko69: 1:49pm On Dec 24, 2013
hotwax:

So you expect the bible to have date records?

How many date records does bible has? You know there was no adequate record keeping during bible time.

You are better than this.

All ur posts have not made any sense to me. Why do u choose a date as his birth date. Is that what ur parents did to u? Choose any date as ur birth date? The message to his congregation was simple...celeberate christ everyday. What is ur headace about that...you nota member na. Na wa ooo

1 Like

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by mikael78: 1:49pm On Dec 24, 2013
[color=#990000][/color] why are they. Dividing my JESUS!
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Acidosis(m): 1:49pm On Dec 24, 2013
There is a difference between celebrating Christmas and celebrating Christ

That's all I know

1 Like

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by emmytex3111(m): 1:51pm On Dec 24, 2013
pls pastor Kumuyi or what ever u call yourself, why are you using our Cars please?

1 Like

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by zicky(m): 1:51pm On Dec 24, 2013
klax: But what is all these mess Christain are creating here Why is it that Christain love making ridicle of themselves for God sake Honestly should we be fighting ourselves just because of religion again This is disgraceful indeed.

Lets wait a minute not long ago one of the worst man of Devil (Okotie) calling himself man of God a first class adulterer dropped a bombshell yet to be settled and now a man of Kumuyi status who can not trained her daughter, whom his own church asked him a while ago to step down because of her daughter messed now dropping his bombshell please sir Pastor Kumuyi you are a honourable man of God this is not the time for you to say such word because you are still under fire even inside your own church.

Pastor Kumuyi you said Christmas is idolatory please can you tell us or show us in the Bible where the word "CHRISTMAS" was refered to as IDOLATORY" please show us where its written boldly christmas is idolatory from Genesis to Revelation if you and your church dont believe in Xmas that does not mean other churches should not believe in it as well just mind your side and carry on with the work God place in your hand sir.

All you Mr GO stop all these ridiculous talk game and focus on winning souls perishing out their for God. Boko Haram stood up and challenged you all and slaughters Christains in thousands what did you do about it All you care about is to start dropping bombshell making Christainity a ridicule religion in the face of unbelievers as if we dont know what we are doing this is not right.

Its pastor that you will see talking anyhow, its pastor that do the worst 419, its pastor you will see in occultism, its pastor you will see having Phd in Adultery, its pastor you will that take fun in marrying and divorce at will and to him its a fun, its pastor you will see lies and be a politician, its pastor you will see using charm to run his church, its pastor you will see that can not manage his anger, its pastor you will see slapping hs church members and yet feel good about it, its pastor that set a human like him on fire, its pastor that display wealth and private jet plus 38 SUV package full with dust in his mansion etc to name few and yet you said you are running CAN what is the meaning of your CAN is useless because you are not worthy of be a pastor or men of God talkless of forming CAN. Can't you people talk to yourselves?
Why is hatred eating u up. Kumuyi only hav 2 sons n no daughter so correct ursef n go through wat u just wrote.
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Nobody: 1:51pm On Dec 24, 2013
koboko69:

If u knw thier members...you will knw they dont celeberate birthdays. Deeperlife always have backings in the scripture. I remeber always having arguments with them. Guess what they always win. The only place birthday was mentioned in the bible was for something evil... when king herod beheaded apostle Peter!

Why wont they win when you wont sit down n study n understand this God for yourself. God is not so complicated to comprehend

2 Likes

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by koboko69: 1:52pm On Dec 24, 2013
emmytex3111: pls pastor Kumuyi or what ever u call yourself, why are you using our Cars please?

Another senseless post
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by hotwax: 1:53pm On Dec 24, 2013
koboko69:

All ur posts have not made any sense to me. Why do u choose a date as his birth date. Is that what ur parents did to u? Choose any date as ur birth date? The message to his congregation was simple...celeberate christ everyday. What is ur headace about that...you nota member na. Na wa ooo

So what day was Jesus born?

DD/MM/YYYY ?

Answer mr. intellect.
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by koboko69: 1:55pm On Dec 24, 2013
Kamsy10:

Why wont they win when you wont sit down n study n understand this God for yourself. God is not so complicated to comprehend

The word of God should not be diluted to suit our selves..rather preached in totality and truth. Thats one thing kumuyi stands for....im not a member. Many people knws this...but are not just ready for the perceived strictness

5 Likes

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by sureteeboy(m): 1:55pm On Dec 24, 2013
klax: But what is all these mess Christain are creating here Why is it that Christain love making ridicle of themselves for God sake Honestly should we be fighting ourselves just because of religion again This is disgraceful indeed.

I don't know how u're being taught what Idolatory means in your church. But in Deeper Life, an Idol is anything you place above God himself. Christmas is celebrated even more than how God is celebrated. If you must celebrate xmas, then do what will make God happy (eg, Preaching the Gospel.) I'm afraid, The media misquoted the man.

3 Likes

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by koboko69: 1:56pm On Dec 24, 2013
hotwax:

So what day was Jesus born?

DD/MM/YYYY ?

Answer mr. intellect.

Nobody knws...thats my point. Assigning a date; u even telling lies....Why is it so difficult for you to comprehend my simple posts? Since we dont knw..celeberate him everyday. Shikenah....!
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by hotwax: 1:57pm On Dec 24, 2013
koboko69:

Nobody knws...thats my point. Why is it so difficult for you to comprehend my simple posts? Since we dont knw..celeberate him everyday. Shikenah....!

So whats wrong with picking a day to remember him?
May be you need your little brother to interpret the logic behind it.
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by MoyoGENERAL: 2:00pm On Dec 24, 2013
I just cant imagine this entire fuss. The anointed man of God was admonishing His congregation,,was he talking to You? Did he mention catholics or any specific denomination?..some times i wonder how informations like this get out so easily, are there SPIES in churches now whose jobs are to find what they think is faulty from the mouth of an oracle of God"...i cant fathom they level people have relegated to,,in the heat of a message like that when BABA was preaching holiness, purity and righteousness.,and some people are busy forming headlines out of d heavenly message to generate sparkup amidst the public!!..i must ask whoever is behind this, to what ends are you doing all these?..and by the way, his members arent complaining, so LET HIM ALONE!..if your conscience is not judging you then why go on an open criticism against his message?.....

6 Likes

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by koboko69: 2:00pm On Dec 24, 2013
hotwax:

So whats wrong with picking a day to remember him?
May be you need your little brother to interpret the logic behind it.

Picking a date is lieing....

You are telling a blantant lie that jesus was born on the 25th of decemeber
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Nobody: 2:04pm On Dec 24, 2013
Kumuyi is right by saying Christmas is a pagan tradition. Jesus wasn't born on christmas day, so why celebrate a false date for Christ's birthday?

Christmas is simply a pagan tradition that has its root around winter solstice, when people in middle ages hold a kind of celebration by performing some ritual rites, dance, feast and merry to spare themselves of winter suicidal thoughts....lool grin grin grin grin

This practice was then later adopted into christianity and claimed to be the birthday of christ. The catholics are absolutely wrong to say it's the birth of christ.

However, Kumuyi is also wrong by cherry-picking what to celebrate and what not to celebrate. This is because most christian traditions have pagan roots in it. In fact, the Bible as we know it has been rewritten many times just to conform with various tradition of the land it find itself.

King James of England for example wrote the modern Bible most of us read up until this day. Theologians said he mistranslated 'the suffer not a witch to live' in the Bible because at the time, many people believed witches were causes of misery and misfortune. This resulted into thousands of women burnt alive across europe for centuries.

We africans are guilty of not probing before believing, which makes us susceptible and gullible. I encourage us not to simply follow our leaders, especially our spiritual leaders like herds but to develop a reading, probing and an investigative culture before we follow.

Books about Bible history, Jewish and ancient history about the origins of christianity abound, so why can't we simply read and be more informed?

Instead, we choose to fight and argue over half baked truths and manipulated doctrines from our spiritual leaders that have 1 head like us.

3 Likes

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Afroconnect: 2:05pm On Dec 24, 2013
Those who know how the Catholic church started and those who read about the early crusades will not be surprised.

The Catholic church is a perfect example of the mix of the iron and clay-politics mixed with religious rites.

Please Nigerians try to read a little history and learn.
The catholic church was started off as a means by the state to assert control on the people-the Catholic church are the greatest propagators of all these religious rites that has no basis spiritualy.
Same catholic church that condones peadophiles and gays,am not surprised.

1 Like

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by hotwax: 2:05pm On Dec 24, 2013
koboko69:

Picking a date is lieing....

You are telling a blantant lie that jesus was born on the 25th of decemeber

So we should not acknowledge Jesus was ever born. Whats your argument here?

Advise us.
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by chi4ik(m): 2:07pm On Dec 24, 2013
sureteeboy: Just as the Bible says. Right?
YES
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by koboko69: 2:09pm On Dec 24, 2013
hotwax:

So we should not acknowledge Jesus was ever born. Whats your argument here?

Advise us.

Wow! Y are u twisting things. It is clearly written in the bible christ was born. We are not in any way commanded in the bible to celeberate is birth at a specific date. The feast of the passover was commanded in the bible. The holy communion was commanded in the bible...with no specific dates...we were just told do this as often as possible. The message once again is celeberate christ everyday!
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by hotwax: 2:10pm On Dec 24, 2013
However, this argument cant change anything. Xmas is the world largest festival being celebrated by close to 3 billion people.

How many are deeper life? Kumuyi is just ranting locally. Americans, Spaniards, Europians..people all over the world are celebrating massively.

Deeper life cant spoil the show. They are too small. They are not bigger than Jesus.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Smart Phones Are Demonic: A Nairalanders Experience / 2-year-Old Girl Preaching At Christ Embassy In Kenya / Unfulfilled Prophecies By Men Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.