Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,540 members, 7,816,312 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap (7008 Views)

EFCC Arrests Ikedi Ohakim, Ex-Imo Governor / Meet The 4 New Female Deputy Governors-Elect In Nigeria / Imo Deputy Governor Resigns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by obuchineme: 3:51pm On Aug 03, 2008
abeg make una no mind all these fake nigerian millionaires
the girl will soon kill the dad so she can have all the wealth to herself.
many parents have failed in their duties or betterstill
"omo oka l'oka njo"
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by ADEALEX: 4:21pm On Aug 03, 2008
Emeka no try, he is a very dull boy tongue he should have expected this,  smileyhow sure are we that his hands are clean? He's the logistics officer, after-all those that collected the money had the greater risk to take cool…Abeg make una no mind them… na God expose them. cheesy
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by neowelsh(m): 6:11pm On Aug 03, 2008
only God nie na how many times them don succide with this style.
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by xpagnol: 6:20pm On Aug 03, 2008
What a lesson and eye-opener to every Nigerian parent to train their ward well and always be close to them. My pastor once said that children must always be close to someone. Either their parents, a family member or an outsider. During their growing stage, they will always need someone to confide in and share their problem. If the parents are not there, someone else will always be and you know what that means.
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by ojubi(m): 6:43pm On Aug 03, 2008
HI guys in as much as i respect every body in de house i will not like any of u to disrespect MEND.
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by texazzpete(m): 7:17pm On Aug 03, 2008
Haba!

Just because she wanted millions to have a nice time, it doesn't mean her father is tightfisted.
Someone here said that her father could afford to pay N5m for her release yet could not give her N1million. Why would you advocate a university student getting 1 million naira for pocket money? If you get kidnapped, will your parents not move the earth to secure your release?

All i see is a very greedy girl, and even if she doesn't go to jail, i'll bet her parents cut her down to size. Probably will marry her off to a 50 year old man grin
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by Viante(f): 7:19pm On Aug 03, 2008
Texazz
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by idupaul: 7:27pm On Aug 03, 2008
HI guys in as much as i respect every body in de house i will not like any of u to disrespect MEND.

why?are u gbomo jomo
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by lucabrasi(m): 9:03pm On Aug 03, 2008
texazzpete:

Haba!

Just because she wanted millions to have a nice time, it doesn't mean her father is tightfisted.
Someone here said that her father could afford to pay N5m for her release yet could not give her N1million. Why would you advocate a university student getting 1 million naira for pocket money? If you get kidnapped, will your parents not move the earth to secure your release?

All i see is a very greedy girl, and even if she doesn't go to jail, i'll bet her parents cut her down to size. Probably will marry her off to a 50 year old man grin
we dont know the facts of the case but from what i have read on here,a father who is rich enough to pay 5 million to secure the release of his daughter should have put her in a better university where there would have been less chance of meeting or asociating with these sort of guys,ciminal behaviour isnt inborn but learnt, what purpose will cutting her down to size or marrying her off serve?is that the best advice you would give a parent in that situation or talking to her and knowing what she wants and being completely honest with the reasons she took these actions bearing in mind that their daughter could have been killed by these guys to avoid sharing the money with her?
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by Sisikill: 10:18pm On Aug 03, 2008
kadman:

Yeah she did die. I just remembered,  wow, I thought i knew TV,  I've met my champion

Are you being sacarstic ??

Hee hee hee,

Hi my name is Sisikill and I'm a TV addict.  grin

Sacarsm? Meee? Naaaaaa  wink
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by Anuliph(f): 11:01pm On Aug 03, 2008
Wat did she need 5 mill for anyway? could 've been the idea of very bad friends.
but her heart hard o. there so many other ways that she could've used to get dough out of pop, than the too dramatic kidnap plot. She no too smart aftrall.
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by ifyalways(f): 11:02pm On Aug 03, 2008
lol.
thief begats thief  grin
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by Sagamite(m): 12:31am On Aug 04, 2008
lucabrasi:

we don't know the facts of the case but from what i have read on here,a father who is rich enough to pay 5 million to secure the release of his daughter should have put her in a better university where there would have been less chance of meeting or asociating with these sort of guys,ciminal behaviour isnt inborn but learnt, what purpose will cutting her down to size or marrying her off serve?is that the best advice you would give a parent in that situation or talking to her and knowing what she wants and being completely honest with the reasons she took these actions bearing in mind that their daughter could have been killed by these guys to avoid sharing the money with her?

Lucabrasi, honestly you are just giving too much excuses for this girl's monstrous misdemeanor.

So her excuse could be that they did not send her to a private university? Is that the important thing or knowing what is wrong and what is right.

How old is she that she is being influenced to such levels by guys from less privileged background? From traditional calculations, if she is in her final year, she should be circa 23 years old. So someone of this age should still be relying on peer pressure as a defense argument for such grave crimes.

Do you know how much sweat the parents went through to raise this funds or even if it is their life savings before you judged them that they can afford it?

And even if they have 5m, does that mean they should give a university student 1m to take to Uni?

Abeg let her take full responsibilities for her action at her age.

If she was my daughter, I have NO DOUBT I will let her face the full wraught of the law if she pulled a stunt like this at that age. I am not mushy mushy and would have no pity for a useless hopeless child. 3 years in jail would do her just fine, if it is good for other people's kids, it is good for my kids.

My love has CONDITIONS, don't be fooled by that Oyinbo crap of unconditional love.

I would send her to the gallows without BLINKING an eye. I would rather spend my money on a needy, responsible, less priviledged child that is not my blood or is an orphan than some hopeless piece of crap that calls herself my child and wants to give me heart attack. There are more needy children out there without people to support them or much prospect in life that would appreciate better a little help and contribute more positively to society.
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by royalyinx(m): 12:42am On Aug 04, 2008
So many things happening these days sha
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by lucabrasi(m): 12:58am On Aug 04, 2008
Sagamite:

Lucabrasi, honestly you are just giving too much excuses for this girl's monstrous misdemeanor.

So her excuse could be that they did not send her to a private university? Is that the important thing or knowing what is wrong and what is right.

How old is she that she is being influenced to such levels by guys from less privileged background? From traditional calculations, if she is in her final year, she should be circa 23 years old. So someone of this age should still be relying on peer pressure as a defense argument for such grave crimes.

Do you know how much sweat the parents went through to raise this funds or even if it is their life savings before you judged them that they can afford it?

And even if they have 5m, does that mean they should give a university student 1m to take to Uni?

Abeg let her take full responsibilities for her action at her age.

If she was my daughter, I have NO DOUBT I will let her face the full wraught of the law if she pulled a stunt like this at that age. I am not mushy mushy and would have no pity for a useless hopeless child. 3 years in jail would do her just fine, if it is good for other people's kids, it is good for my kids.

My love has CONDITIONS, don't be fooled by that Oyinbo crap of unconditional love.

I would send her to the gallows without BLINKING an eye. I would rather spend my money on a needy, responsible, less priviledged child that is not my blood or is an orphan than some hopeless piece of crap that calls herself my child and wants to give me heart attack. There are more needy children out there without people to support them or much prospect in life that would appreciate better a little help and contribute more positively to society.
dont get me wrong,im not excusing her behaviour,all im saying is that theres always another side to stories of these nature,im not saying her parents should have given her 1 million for school but that a girl who behaved out of character for the first time in 23 years,had to have been a good girl or average prior to the incident or the parents wouldnt have believed enough to promptly pay the ransome

also,im saying they should have sent her to a private university because then the chances of her meeting up with dudes like that will be slim to non existent,like i said before criminal behaviour is learnt,thats the reason juveniles are kept apart from hardened criminals so that they dont get influenced.
of course someone of her age can still get influenced by peer pressure especially if she has had a sheltered life prior to getting admission to the university, granted some girls will turn bad irrespective,but a girl who waited till that time to do something as drasic as that must have been cajoled or taught by the obviously more experienced guys,she might have only needed 50,000 but they sure wouldnt ask for a few hundred thousands now would they?

what sort of sweat will a former deputy governor sweat to get 5 mill?lets be realistic here,its chicken feed to him again not justifying what the girl did.
she might take full responsibility for her actions but im sure she will come out of prison a worse criminal that when she went in,moxed with all sorts of people and her life/education e.t.c destroyed, im sure you will agree with me that a girl in that situation will harbour resentments/hatred towards society and especially her parents, if she ws now looking for the first place to practise her newly learnt armed robbery skills with the connections she got from kirirkiri women's wing,your gues is as good as mine where she will go first to rob or even murder.
for a child male or female to behave in that manner needs discipline yes,but whats mos important is to know the underlying reasons why she behaved in that manner,and no child no matter how bad is irredemable,pilim umeadi one of the present inec commissioners was same as this child while in uni and was rusticated or almost rusticated(not sure)
we all know george bushe's story and his achievements now irrespective of our views of him,fashola the present governorof lagos state was a truant in school and barely managed to go into uni and he was like any average high spiritedguy in uni he turned out ok e.t.c
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by ifyalways(f): 1:22am On Aug 04, 2008
@Luca how do we know that shes just behaving "out of character for the first time"
Cos this deal turned sour and was blown open?
No two ways abt it,the gal is simply a spoilt brat and a thief.No excuses ! How are we sure that she isnt the architect of the whole thing?Its pôssible,she tot of the plan herself then sought the help of those her friends who unfortunately arent the "sons and daughters" of an ex-dep gov and hence saw that as an opportunity to make so extra and cool dough.
23 and still under peer influence? shocked shocked shocked Even to the extent of defrauding her parents?ooh lawwdy.it wudnt come as a suprise then if she kills her parents morrow and claim she was "influenced " by friends to do so, abi?
No excuses pls,shes a Thief !
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by chioya(f): 9:46am On Aug 04, 2008
God be praised. lipsrsealed
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by lucabrasi(m): 11:10am On Aug 04, 2008
ifyalways:

@Luca how do we know that shes just behaving "out of character for the first time"
Cos this deal turned sour and was blown open?
No two ways about it,the girl is simply a spoilt brat and a thief.No excuses ! How are we sure that she isnt the architect of the whole thing?Its pôssible,she tot of the plan herself then sought the help of those her friends who unfortunately arent the "sons and daughters" of an ex-dep gov and hence saw that as an opportunity to make so extra and cool dough.
23 and still under peer influence? shocked shocked shocked Even to the extent of defrauding her parents?ooh lawwdy.it wudnt come as a suprise then if she kills her parents morrow and claim she was "influenced " by friends to do so, abi?
No excuses please,shes a Thief !

first of all,seeing as all of us on here dont know we are all acting on hearsay,ther eason why i said she is acting out of character is because obviously it is the first time she has pulled a stunt like this or it would have been included in the story that there was an attempted kidnap sometime in the past, you cant conclude that she is a spoilt brat just cause her parents are rich,hope you realise that there are very rich and eminent peple whose children only have acess to accomodation in a nice mansion,enuff to eat and drink and education but no money,the fact that he parents sent her to a public university in spite of the strikes,substandard education,cultism,aristo prostitution e.t.cshows that she is not spoilt like you are saying,

of course she might be the architect of the whole thing because she is broke and needs to meet up with her peers,one thing you should consider is that for a supposedly rich girl to be hussling to that extent to get money for buyn stuffs to go back to a public university means she is not getting much from home,like i said before,even a woman of 30 years old can still be under peer pressure,the first time in my life of seeing teachers canning students in a school was when i entered a public secondary school before i was withdrawn,some people live much more sheltered lives and are easily impressionable,we dont know how long these boys have been working on her and telling her to do these stuffs if her parents are not providng enough fr her, its better for a child knowing her parents dont have and are giving her the best they can afford than for a child to know her parents can afford and are just not giving her,many children of her parents status are either schooling abroad or in a private university in naija,if she was getting enough money why would she plan her own kidnap,
kill her parents??thats pushing it ,there was the option of getting these boys to rob her parents but she chose the kidnap option,they could very well have staled,negotiated e.t.c
again not saying she was right but that there are underlying reasons for her actions which shouldnt just be seen ay face value
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by Olaolufred(m): 11:28am On Aug 04, 2008
This is a societal decadence that keeps our nation back to 16th century.

This could not have happened 3 decades ago, but what we see in our nation today leaves so much
questions to be answered.

However, this GIRL is a criminal.
I really don't see anything bad in the father's way of running his home.
If you are saying she should have been sent to private or foreign UNIV,
does that mean it has become a good licence for these politicians to put their children
in the school abroad while they keep on spoiling our own educational system?

So, don't ever cry foul over the way they (politians) are squandering and destroying our
educational system, Because some of expected learned people on these forum have endorsed
that the politicians could spoil our systems so far as they are able to sent their wards to an
environment where they would be completely insulated or encapsulated from the deeds of their fathers.

The father didnt do anything wrong to me.
That girl may still be going to school with #300,000 pocket money.
But she needed millions to live more extravagantly.
The ex- deputy gov. is better than many others who spoil the system cos they have nothing here.
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by seun001(m): 11:31am On Aug 04, 2008
OJU OLE RE, OLE, singing, please somebody should add drums, grin grin grin
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by ebelegirl(f): 12:07pm On Aug 04, 2008
@Lucabrasi, You are really defending the girl o! Perhaps you know someone personally who has considered committing such an act. Anyways sha, I feel what you are saying about some underlying reasons for the crime that the media does not report on, however, the fact still remains that she wanted 1 million N to back to school so that she can enjoy. How can you say that it is the parents fault for not sending her to a school where she will be less likely to associate with bad people? You are making too many assumptions here. There are the "wrong" types of people everywhere. It never ceases to amaze me that people will always try and responsibilize parents for their children's actions. The girl is grown. She is greedy and there is no other justification for committing the act. The funny part of the story is that SHE was the one who reported the crime because she got ripped off by her accomplices. What a foolish person!
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by lucabrasi(m): 1:17pm On Aug 04, 2008
ebelegirl:

@Lucabrasi, You are really defending the girl o! Perhaps you know someone personally who has considered committing such an act. Anyways sha, I feel what you are saying about some underlying reasons for the crime that the media does not report on, however, the fact still remains that she wanted 1 million N to back to school so that she can enjoy. How can you say that it is the parents fault for not sending her to a school where she will be less likely to associate with bad people? You are making too many assumptions here. There are the "wrong" types of people everywhere. It never ceases to amaze me that people will always try and responsibilize parents for their children's actions. The girl is grown. She is greedy and there is no other justification for committing the act. The funny part of the story is that SHE was the one who reported the crime because she got ripped off by her accomplices. What a foolish person!
defend her ??abeg o i dont know her or anyone that has done similar stuffs,one thing i know from experience with friends during secondary school in naija is that there are children whose parents are rich and who live in mansions and have a good life but are not given money,they can eat good food,driver takes them everywhere e.t.c but the parents feel like they are spoiling them by giving them money,like i said in my previous comments we are all making assumptions here but mine was based on the facts i gleaned from the article,deputy gov s daughter going to a public university is an indication that the girl doesnt get much from her parents,its not about the luxury of the school but the fact that 99.9% of universities in nigeria have to contend with strikes,substandard teaching,cultism,lecturers harrassing female students,prostitution and aristo e.t.c there are wrong types of people everywhere but the chances of meeting them in a private uni is slimmer compared to the girl's uni
it never ceases to amaze me too that when stuffs of this manner happen between an average african/nigerian parent and the child,nobody ever talks to the child to find out why he/she undertook these actions but immediately demonise him/her and then condemn them,there are a whole lot of easons for a child to plan a fake kidnap,in my opinion its a cry for help and a chance for the parents to sit down with her and work their issues out
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by alex406(m): 4:52pm On Aug 04, 2008
seun001:

OJU OLE RE, OLE, singing, please somebody should add drumsgrin grin grin

OLEEEEEE, Gbam dun gbam,kutuke keke.
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by MrCrackles(m): 4:55pm On Aug 04, 2008
seun001:

OJU OLE RE, OLE, singing, please somebody should add drums, grin grin grin

Ole! ole!!gbosa gbosa!

gbewiri!gbewiri!! gbam gbam
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by slyk2(m): 5:31pm On Aug 04, 2008
na wanna be mentality dey coz am!
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by texazzpete(m): 6:16pm On Aug 04, 2008
@Lucabrasi
STOP!
Take time to ruminate over your excuses and see if they make sense.

You said her parents should have sent her to a private school where she'd have been less likely to meet up with unsavoury characters. This means that you're of the opinion that
1. Every serious minded parent should send their kids to private unis
2. There are no unserious and unsavoury students in private unis.

We both know that isn't true.

You give too much mileage to 'the girl must be of good character because we've never heard of this before'. Contrary to what you think, not every mischievous child attempts to scam their parents. And any normal parent will rather pay a ransom than bury their child, no matter how naughty the child has been in the past.

lucabrasi:

,deputy gov s daughter going to a public university is an indication that the girl doesnt get much from her parents,its not about the luxury of the school but the fact that 99.9% of universities in nigeria have to contend with strikes,substandard teaching,cultism,lecturers harrassing female students,prostitution and aristo e.t.c

It is NO such indication. Public Unis are still some of the best around in Nigeria. Why are you so sure that the girl would have wanted to go to a school so far from home? Most rich kids would like to stay where they are well within the pampering arms of their parents. At least this way she probably can get a car and other perks. It may have been her choice for all you know.

lucabrasi:

there are a whole lot of easons for a child to plan a fake kidnap,in my opinion its a cry for help and a chance for the parents to sit down with her and work their issues out

it is clearly stated that the girl wanted millions to 'have a nice time' in school, not because of any protest of love starvation etc. That's the motive the police gleaned from the girl. Your opinion is a slap in the face of every poor person who has had to struggle through school. Such people focus on their studies and do exceptionally well. They don't go all out scamming their parents.

Lastly, it is possible that the recent rash of kidnapping in Nigeria has desensitized and jaded you, but may i remind you that kidnapping is an extremely traumatizing experience, not only for the victim but for the loved ones of the victim. When you think of the agonies the parents (especially the mother) of the girl must have suffered, i swear i find it absurd why you stick to your defense of a thoroughly reprehensible act.
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by keba(m): 8:31pm On Aug 04, 2008
this babe harsh no be small but see as GREED
don land she and her accomplices for palava sighs
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by lucabrasi(m): 8:41pm On Aug 04, 2008
[/quote]

You said her parents should have sent her to a private school where she'd have been less likely to meet up with unsavoury characters. This means that you're of the opinion that
1. Every serious minded parent should send their kids to private unis
2. There are no unserious and unsavoury students in private unis.

We both know that isn't true.
[quote]
well,every serious minded parent should send their children to an institution where the environment is condusive for learning and where theres minimun distraction be it criminal or sexual in nature,and where she has less chance of interaction with undesirables
there are unserious students in private unis but compared to a public university,
texazzpete:

You give too much mileage to 'the girl must be of good character because we've never heard of this before'. Contrary to what you think, not every mischievous child attempts to scam their parents. And any normal parent will rather pay a ransom than bury their child, no matter how naughty the child has been in the past.

well i was giving too much mileage to it because of the facts we have available to us in the article,even a law court anywhere in the world will base their judgement on if the suspect has ever committed a similar offence prior to this or not,true not every mischievous child scams their parents,but some do worse and some do less,thats why we are all diffrent individuals, have you though that it might not have gotten to the extent of the girl scamming her parents if she had been treated right before that time?what i am saying is that parents will be skeptical of paying a ransome if they know their daughter to associate with unsavoury characters,or capable of pulling something of that nature off
texazzpete:

It is NO such indication. Public Unis are still some of the best around in Nigeria. Why are you so sure that the girl would have wanted to go to a school so far from home? Most rich kids would like to stay where they are well within the pampering arms of their parents. At least this way she probably can get a car and other perks. It may have been her choice for all you know.

public universities some of the best in nigeriaim sorry but i beg to differ strongly,i was still in nigeria last year and i know what i saw,fair enough nigerian students are generally brilliant but the universities are in shambles,there was an incident  in ibadan where a cult boy was decapitated,amongst other gory events,prostitution and aristo carrying is on the rise i could go on and on thats not to mention the incessant strikes,lecrurers harrassing female students e.t.c
common now,you really think the girl will pass up an opportunity for a private university for going to  a public university because of distance?remember  our discourse  is based on  "everything being equal" scenario
texazzpete:

it is clearly stated that the girl wanted millions to 'have a nice time' in school, not because of any protest of love starvation etc. That's the motive the police gleaned from the girl. Your opinion is a slap in the face of every poor person who has had to struggle through school. Such people focus on their studies and do exceptionally well. They don't go all out scamming their parents.

i read and re read the article to see where anything like the girl needing millions was written,but i couldnt find it,i clicked on the link and re read it but still couldnt find anything of that sort,ill be obliged if you can show me where it says so ,especially as most comments on here keep on bandying 1million naira figure, well money for school phrase is relative because what you might consider as ok amount for a girl to go back to school might be way too much from the parent's point of view, people especially parents and elderly people in africa/nigeria believe taking care of their children is a childs priviledge not her right and should be grateful for anything they are given and by african culture parents are rarely blamed in these kind of situation,so the police will most likely support the father ,its like saying you and your wife have a fight in nigeria and she tries toick you out of the house in nigeria and the police are called,who dyu think they wll support?dont forget the man is an influential politician who will not want anything embarassing about his inability to take care of his daughters needs e.t.c its called damage limitation.
this has nothing to do with poor people ,so i dont see how my comments affect them,we are talking about a rich deputy governor and his wife and their daughter,not saying anything about poor people,really i fail to see the connection,
texazzpete:

Lastly, it is possible that the recent rash of kidnapping in Nigeria has desensitized and jaded you, but may i remind you that kidnapping is an extremely traumatizing experience, not only for the victim but for the loved ones of the victim. When you think of the agonies the parents (especially the mother) of the girl must have suffered, i swear i find it absurd why you stick to your defense of a thoroughly reprehensible act.

at no point did i say the kidnapping was ok,neither am i applauding the girl's actions,if you care to check my previous postns all i said was that,in these situations saying the girl is a thief and a criminal and her only reason for doing so is because she wants to have a nice time and no other underlying factors is being unreasonably being judgemental and being flippant with serious issues,fair enough she put her parents and loved ones through a lot of mental anguish ,but lets stop and think for a moment
1)what are the reasons for her actions?
2)has anybody sat her down and in a non threatening manner drawn out the reasons she took that step?
3)is the answer demonising her as the next thing after anini and then chucking her in kirikiri?
i am a student of criminology tho still learning and what i have learnt so far has taught me not to take issues like these at face value or it will be a vicious circle,calln her a criminal and puttn her in prison is like painting over a crack on the wall of a building and hoping it will dissappear,
you all keep on assuming that because her parents are rich then she must have been adequately taken care of,i dont know if you have encountered very rich parents who do not care for their children,i have and can give examples of wealthy and eminent by lagos and nigerian society standards whose children are just surviving, its hard for them especially because most people that would have otherwise helped them make the same assumptions that u r assuming now thats precisely why im takn these stance,i have seen children in that situation
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by zheroes(m): 9:39am On Aug 05, 2008
see how people reason.

who is saying ibo people and money ? does that make any sense? mind you am not ibo, and you are you ibo? very likely not, and you dont like money , see your head.

what has a dad's tightfistedness got to do with this criminal act, she is simply greedy just like the father , if nigeria were to be a decent country she ought to be in jail for atleast 30 years, but she knows its a win win situation, so she can afford the gamble.
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 05, 2008
And someone was saying its only the poor that comit crimes lipsrsealed
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by kalmebad(f): 10:05am On Aug 05, 2008
@ Topic

Sometimes pple argue unreasonably, i dnt bliv in shifting blames here, the girl is just a greedy fella and has no good moral up bringing. Cut the crap of Good Uni or not, that is not the question, the truth is that a Leopard can never wash off it's spots, all she was trying to do "Is to belong"

The children of this so called Over Rich men can do wonders, there is no limit of what to expect from them.
Hope she pay for the price.
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by sirpee50(m): 10:13am On Aug 05, 2008
"Igbo man and money" WHAT A SILLY COMMENT?
, TELL ME YOUR TRIBE AND I WILL CONVINCE YOU THAT YOU LOVE MONEY MORE THAN IGBO PERSON. 'ANU OFIA'!

INSTEAD OF YOU TO CONTRIBUTE AND HIT THE ROD ON A SPOILT CHILD, U RE RATHER BUSY INSULTING A WHOLE TRIBE. I BELIEVE U RE NOT OK UPSTAIRS.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare / Political Crisis In Nigeria / FG To Spend N88billion On Ex-militants In 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.