Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,135 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap (7007 Views)

EFCC Arrests Ikedi Ohakim, Ex-Imo Governor / Meet The 4 New Female Deputy Governors-Elect In Nigeria / Imo Deputy Governor Resigns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by alex406(m): 10:43am On Aug 05, 2008
Hapu ya ,o efi ko bu.

Please can somebody here introduce me to the gurl make i date her chop part of the money.
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by texazzpete(m): 12:13pm On Aug 05, 2008
lucabrasi:

universities some of the best in nigeriaim sorry but i beg to differ strongly,i was still in nigeria last year and i know what i saw,fair enough nigerian students are generally brilliant but the universities are in shambles,there was an incident in ibadan where a cult boy was decapitated,amongst other gory events,prostitution and aristo carrying is on the rise i could go on and on thats not to mention the incessant strikes,lecrurers harrassing female students e.t.c
common now,you really think the girl will pass up an opportunity for a private university for going to a public university because of distance?

Cult battles have been going on for years. Does that make Covenant Uni or Madonna better than Uniben or Unilag? Do you know how many graduates of FUTO are in the oil and Gas business in Nigeria, thanks to their relatively good education there?
We're talking about higher education here, not primary school. parents do not 'send' their children to Universities. usually, the children choose where the want to go. A shallow, greedy girl is far more likely to want to attend a school in her own state where her dad's reputation and name is bound to gain her favours.
might be difficult for the daughter of a deputy governor of Imo state to bribe a prof in Covenant Uni. It's far easier in IMSU.
perhaps it's an indication of her character. Who knows if the dad wanted her somewhere he could keep an eye on her?

lucabrasi:

read and re read the article to see where anything like the girl needing millions was written,but i couldnt find it,i clicked on the link and re read it but still couldnt find anything of that sort,ill be obliged if you can show me where it says so ,especially as most comments on here keep on bandying 1million naira figure,

You dissapoint me once again. the newspaper link clearly states

Kenekachi Udeagu, the daughter of Ebere Udeagu, the IGP said connived with Emeka Junior Emeka and Ogechi Ekechukwu alongside others at large to extort N5 million from her father, under the pretext that she was kidnapped.

The reason behind the plan, one of the suspects said, was the desire of the lady to acquire enough fund with which she hoped to have a nice time back in school when the school resumed. Emeka and the lady are both students of Imo State University, while Ogechi is a student of Federal University of Technology, Owerri.
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by lucabrasi(m): 2:51pm On Aug 05, 2008
zheroes:

see how people reason.

who is saying ibo people and money ? does that make any sense? mind you am not ibo, and you are you ibo? very likely not, and you don't like money , see your head.

what has a dad's tightfistedness got to do with this criminal act, she is simply greedy just like the father , if nigeria were to be a decent country she ought to be in jail for atleast 30 years, but she knows its a win win situation, so she can afford the gamble.
i hope that comment wqasnt directed at me because if it was there was no time i ever reffered to any tribe,a dad's tightfistness has got a whole lot to do with a child doing this, if she needs money to take care of herself and not given when she knows her parents can afford it,then she is a fertile ground for undesirables to influence her in a negative way,if she goes to jail for 30 years,what has that achieved?her parents will have lost a daughter because she scammed them of some money,does that make any sence?
texazzpete:

Cult battles have been going on for years. Does that make Covenant Uni or Madonna better than Uniben or Unilag? Do you know how many graduates of FUTO are in the oil and Gas business in Nigeria, thanks to their relatively good education there?
We're talking about higher education here, not primary school. parents do not 'send' their children to Universities. usually, the children choose where the want to go. A shallow, greedy girl is far more likely to want to attend a school in her own state where her dad's reputation and name is bound to gain her favours.
might be difficult for the daughter of a deputy governor of Imo state to bribe a prof in Covenant Uni. It's far easier in IMSU.
perhaps it's an indication of her character. Who knows if the dad wanted her somewhere he could keep an eye on her?
why are you picking on the very few universities that are "just fair" and not even good,the fact that cultism has been going on for years is not erasing the fact that many innocent students have been caught in the cross fire,many otherwise children from decent homes have been coerced and pressured into joining these cults and been killed,what about the aristo and prostitution menance?are they not present in unilag or uniben?
again you are comparing the standard of these universities as they were 15/20 or more years ago to the last couple of years, that is not even mentioning the strikes again which goes across all state/federal universities,of course there are many graduates in oil and gas,there are also graduates from covenant,babcock e.t.c in oil and gas and other good jobs as well, if the universities were run like it was in the 70s and 80s then i wont even be saying these,but they are not and standards have fallen,there are more undesirables both male and female in public universities than serious positive students so lets not kid ourselves,in that kind of situation,i dont know why a parent who can easily affort to send their kid to a private school will opt for a public school"in that kind of decay"

so you really think because she is in her twenties,she will dictate what school she wants to go to an average nigerian parent?hell naw,and btw i have not met the student that will pass up a private university with its attendant facilities,atmosphere,ambience e.t.c to choose a school she is not sure of graduating in for the next 5/6 or more years,that is without lecturers harrasing her.
see what i mean about us nigerians being so judgemental?you have expressly assumed that she is shallow and greedy based on accounts from her accomplices who will try to push as much blame on her as possible because that is the only chance they have of coming out of the problem they have found themselves in,remember no one has heard from the girl apart fom the fact that she blew the whole thing open,i keep on banging on these questions and i want you to be objective and ponder on them too
is it possible that the dad had contributed to the child taking this action?
do we know if the dad had been tightfisted to the extent that she was coerced into this kidnap thing?
even if the girl had credible grounds for needing money and not what the police have advanced,lets assume for a second that her dad was at fault and pushed her to do this,will the police have told the truth and embarrassed an eminent politician?
if she was that bad,destructive,shallow ,greedy e.t.c how come it took her the final year in her university to suddenly realise that she needed to impress her fellow students,wouldnt that have been done when she was in the first year?
the pattern im seeing here is a father who has not given her enought over the years,and unfortunately she told the wrong friends who adviced her wrongly
texazzpete:

You dissapoint me once again. the newspaper link clearly states

Kenekachi Udeagu, the daughter of Ebere Udeagu, the IGP said connived with Emeka Junior Emeka and Ogechi Ekechukwu alongside others at large to extort N5 million from her father, under the pretext that she was kidnapped.
true but are the other guys doing it for free?remember if you count the number of guys involved they are almost ten excluding the girl,i still dont see anywhere here where the girl said she needed 1 million naira,in a kidnap situation people who have done it before know that you have to inflate the amount you want so that while negotiating it will be brought down to considerably less,its a testimony to her parents complete faith in her that they didnt even argue the amount and haboured no suspicions and paid the money,if she was wayward or had any negative tendencies prior to this,they would have at least alerted the police to monitor things
texazzpete:

The reason behind the plan, one of the suspects said, was the desire of the lady to acquire enough fund with which she hoped to have a nice time back in school when the school resumed. Emeka and the lady are both students of Imo State University, while Ogechi is a student of Federal University of Technology, Owerri.

like i said before,even if she was pressured or coerced into the whole scheme,do you honestly think these guys will admit?
a single girl in the midst of all these guys,we dont even know if it took all of them pressurising and coercing her or even issuing veiled threats for her to do it
anyone in these guy's situation will do exactly the same thing wouldnt they??heaping 99% of the blame on the "big man pikin"because that is the only way they can get off lightly,will ou rather they said the truth and the girl going off lightly and them roasting in prison?

[quote][/quote]
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by texazzpete(m): 3:53pm On Aug 05, 2008
@luca
You base your entire argument on the premise that the dad may have been so tightfisted that the girl was 'coerced' into the fake kidnap plot.

There's no excuse for stealing or scamming. it's even worse when you are so uncaring that you place your parents under severe trauma just for money to 'have a nice time'.

any parent would pay money for the release of their child. I'd like to think that your parents would do the same ting for you too.
FYI, cases where a rich man is extremely stingy to his children are in the minority. yes, we may have heard of one of two (mostly false or exaggerated). But that's as far as it goes. And as far as i know that is pretty non-existent among influential Igbos. it would be a blow to his pride if his daughter did not move around in some sort of ostentation as befits his rank.

Only very desperate situations should drive someone to steal. Even tightfistedness is no invitation to steal. After all, her fees were paid, weren't they?

By the way, take an opinion poll of people in the streets. More often than not, it's either JAMB or the Children that decided where they want to go. And a great many people would rather take their chances in UNILAG than in Covenant Uni or babcock. Do you think a proud Ife alumnus would rather send his kid to babcock, strikes or not?

You actually make a case for my argument. if there's a father scared for his daughter in terms of prostitution and abusive lecturers, would he

a) send her to Madonna or babcok where he has little or no leverage
or
b) send her to IMSU in his own state, where his name and power is well known?
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by Echidime(m): 8:53am On Aug 06, 2008
Is the girl beautiful? Show her picture lets see, So I can arrange for her real KIDNAP for life,before she comes out of my KIDNAPING she must have bear 7 kids grin grin grin grin
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by sibrahim1(m): 6:59pm On Aug 06, 2008
why the alarm, olegbe,olegba, theif carry am,theif take am,

this money we are talking about is is the peoples money and just one man will be controlling billions of naira,so if daughter feels other peolple should taste out of the national cake,no big deal

if your father is a governor and you need someone to kidnap you and ask for a ransome,i haver got a better place to hide you, "IN MY HEART" i mean daughter oooo!!!lol wink
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by sibrahim1(m): 7:09pm On Aug 06, 2008
as people are trying to avoid militants,they should be avoiding students now, lol!!
no be you i dey talk,.sey you get the kind ransome wey i dey talk , hahahhahaha!!!!
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by Laibankz: 9:52am On Aug 07, 2008
Lets be straight we Nigerians are Corrupt because we were born into in it.
Corruption did not start 10yrs ago neither did it start 20 or 30yrs ago.
I dont blame that lady at all. if you check her father well he would have embezzled the whole of Imo state during his regime.
N5M is not a small money at all and for a Goverment worker who claimed to have been vindicated from Corruption will find it had to drop that amount of money if its going to cost his daugther's life.
The girl is wise and she has seen her father shady doing we he was in office.
i feel the girl and her friends should be punished for wasting the policemen time and made to face the court of law
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by texazzpete(m): 1:07pm On Aug 07, 2008
Laibankz:

Lets be straight we Nigerians are Corrupt because we were born into in it.
Corruption did not start 10yrs ago neither did it start 20 or 30yrs ago.
I don't blame that lady at all. if you check her father well he would have embezzled the whole of Imo state during his regime.
N5M is not a small money at all and for a Goverment worker who claimed to have been vindicated from Corruption will find it had to drop that amount of money if its going to cost his daugther's life.
The girl is wise and she has seen her father shady doing we he was in office.
i feel the girl and her friends should be punished for wasting the policemen time and made to face the court of law

Even a middle class family will be able to cough out 1 million naira to rescue their son/daughter, not to talk of a career politician.
N5m is not small money. but it isn't that much money either.
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by lucabrasi(m): 1:24pm On Aug 07, 2008
@tezzaz
first of all so as not to muddle my stance up
1)i am not in support of her actions at all,because even in the western world where the underlying factors will have been investigated i.e why she did what she did, charges will still have been placed on her for wasting police time and resources
2)all i am saying is that,irrespective of how bad her actions were or what she actually did or her level of involvement in the kidnap, there are real rather than imagined cogent and verifiable reasons for her taking these sort of desperate actions,and im saying that should be the main focus of the parents,remember she might have siblings and its important not to make the same mistakes

the thing is that we only saw the peripheral causes and went all judgemental on her,she cant have woken up one day after several years in university to now decide its the right time to arrange a kidnap for money right?thats why i said nigerians are so judgemental

well,the important thing is that we both agree there are influential parents who dont give their children enough,whats to say her parents are not in that minority?fair enough its rare in ibos but then again its rare to see an ibo ex deputy governor whose daughter is in a public university.
i like the phrase you used here and it actually backs up what i have been trying to say,you said only a desperate situation,that is what i meant, for her to wait till her final year had to be some desperation,

i dont agree with your assertion about the pool tho,some might call it a negative trait in our society,tho we might agree its peculiar,but the fact is that parents still make decisions as to what universities their children go to even when they are in their twenties,some even what course and what qualifications, its not unusual to see a 30 yr old still living in parents house in nigeria,you might say its diffrent in western world but certainly not in nigeria, im still having difficulty aggreeing to the fact that in this present day and age of spending 7 years to study a 4 years course,assasinations even in these universities you mentioned,prostitution much more predominant in unilag and others any parent will actually believe that babcock or covenant will be a second option to unilag or oau, dont get me wrong,if they on point then ill agree but righ now?they are not at all

well then i guess we have moved on to a whole new subject with your last assertns, if giving his daughter a quality education,conducive atmosphere free of unnecessary distractions,a modicum of discipline e.t.c is what a dad is after then it stands to reason that covenant or babcock,abti will take precedence over "present day"imsu,oau,unilag,ui e.t.c
are you saying a dad or an alumnus will let nostalgia becloud his reasoning as to what university to send his daughter to, i dont think any dad looking out for a good education for his daughter will send her to a place where he has leverage on lecturers because that will be counter productive
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by Nobody: 7:53pm On Aug 12, 2008
na because her papa get d money.
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by NaijaEcash(m): 10:40am On Aug 13, 2008
Two lessons from this:

1. Crime doesn't pay, no matter what the excuse is.
2. It is not all about money, spend time with your family, less you make the money and loose your children.

The relationship between father and daughter must have a lot of question marks for her to have the mind to do such evil!
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by MrCrackles(m): 10:44am On Aug 13, 2008
NaijaEcash:

The relationship between father and daughter must have a lot of question marks for her to have the mind to do such evil!

maybe the man is a tight fisted bastard! grin
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by mz: 6:02pm On Aug 14, 2008
its so saddening seing young people take morals for granted,what is a girl doing with even =N=500000
;do you know how many people are hungry in this country and donot have even where to lay their heads.
The father has disgraced himself and his family, the girl should count herself fourtunate to belong tothe elite class
instead of rubbishing herself with very studit immature fantasies and guys better start posting issues of relevance on this blog!No school is bad, but we have bad students!!!!!
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by jona2: 9:01pm On Nov 04, 2009
:-x
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by jona2: 10:13pm On Nov 04, 2009
typical igbo women.moneyyyyyyyyyy.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Igbo People Prostrate And Apologised To Deji Of Akure-picture Inside / Marginalization Of Hausa/northerners Must Stop In Nigerian Football (picture). / Picture Of Rotimi Ameachi That Got People Talking (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.