Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,354 members, 7,826,388 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss (28091 Views)

How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning / Lara Odoffin, Nigerian, Loses Job Offer In UK Because Of Her Braids / FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by biodunid: 9:06am On Dec 24, 2013
Woman loses pregnancy after alleged kick from boss

A 34-year-old woman, Mrs. Alexandra Ossai, has accused her Lebanese boss, Kaveh Noine, of causing her to lose her seven-month-pregnancy after he kicked her in the stomach.

Ossai, who until December 13, 2013, was a supervisor with a Lebanese owned firm, Toppan Printing Company, alleged that Noine assaulted her many times during her eight months stay at the company.

Currently at a private hospital in the Fagba area of Lagos State, Ossai told PUNCH Metro that she had undergone emergency surgery four days after the kick to save her life as her placenta was said to have been damaged.

She said, “I started working at Toppan in April. I earn N17,000 salary and work from Monday to Saturday. Anytime Noine was annoyed, he would beat the person he was angry with. Sometimes, he would throw whatever he can lay his hands on at the person. Prior to that incident, Noine had slapped me many times.

“Noine had said he would hold me responsible for the shortcomings of the people I supervised. As a result, I often assisted my subordinates in their duties to make sure that Noine had nothing to complain about.”

Ossai said on December 12 2013, Noine had flown into a rage when he noticed something on the floor in her section.

“It was a container for a drug. That is what we do; we produce packets for drugs and perfumes. So when Noine saw one of such packets on the floor, he was so angry that he gave me a blow to the chest,” she recalled.

She said Noine subsequently went into his office and typed a termination letter for Ossai, which she refused to sign. Her refusal allegedly enraged him further and after verbally abusing her, he was said to have told her that it was her last warning.

The following day, Ossai ran into Noine while coming from his secretary’s office. Noine allegedly dragged Ossai back to the office and called her a wicked woman.

Ossai said, “He said I looked like a mad person. After abusing me, he hit me on my neck twice. Then, without warning, he kicked my stomach with his knee. Some co-workers were there but they did not intervene. I felt a sharp pain in my stomach.”

The mother of one, whose younger brother and sister also worked in the same company, said she prevailed on her siblings not to attack Noine when they heard the news.

“I never for once told my husband what I was going through at work. I didn’t want him to come and fight Noine. I pleaded with my siblings not to fight,” Ossai said.

Although the pains eventually subsided after two days, it was learnt that in the early hours of Monday, Decemebr 16, 2013, Ossai began to bleed. She was rushed to a private clinic at Fagba. She was told that her placenta had been damaged as a result of the kick and that she had to undergo emergency surgery to save her life.

She said, “I didn’t know that my baby had died until two days after the surgery. I was told my baby lost his face too due to the kick.”

She said a report was made at the Area F police command the following day by her aunt, Mrs. Olabisi Jaiyeoba.

Jaiyeoba said, “When Ossai’s husband and I were refused entry into the company, we went to report to the police. They accompanied us there and even had to force their way in. The administrative manager lied that Noine had travelled out of the country. But as of that Tuesday, he was still in the country. It was later that we learned that he travelled last Friday.”

Efforts to get a response from the Deputy Manager of Toppan printing Company, Mr. Abass Al-Souki, proved abortive as his phone number indicated that it was unreachable.

However, the admin manager, who declined to identify herself, told PUNCH Metro that the factory was closed for the Christmas holidays.

She said, “We closed for the holidays last Friday and would reopen on January 8 2013. I would not like to speak on that matter because it is already with the police. Also our company lawyer is on it. You can only get across to our management in January 2014.”

Legal counsel for Toppan, Mrs. Nnebe, said that she could not comment on the matter.

She said, “It would be best if you wait for the police to conclude their investigation. Ossai has only made an allegation. Let the police finish their investigation and then we would give our response.”

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Ngozi Braide, said, “The incident which occurred on Thursday was not reported to the police until Tuesday. It took about five days before it was reported. So when the police arrived at the suspect’s workplace, they were informed that he had travelled. It took a long time for the complainant to report the matter. But we are investigating.”

http://www.punchng.com/metro/woman-loses-pregnancy-after-alleged-kick-from-boss/
Re: Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by 4tunebest(f): 10:54am On Dec 24, 2013
Unbelievable but not impossible

2 Likes

Re: Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by Abbeylincson(m): 1:49pm On Dec 24, 2013
No one can do that to my wife.I will file a case immediately against the firm for murder of my baby and attempt murder of my wife.I will make sure the firm paid for what they did especially their manager.Anger can cause anything.

4 Likes

Re: Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by godwinony(m): 1:49pm On Dec 24, 2013
say wah! Its not the first time i've heard of ill treatment from foreign bosses operating in Nigeria..
They maltreat their workers that earn peanuts and the workers keep mute because of the fear of losing their so called jobs..if she hadn't lost the baby, we wouldn't have heard of this matter at all..its sad but such is happening on daily basis.

10 Likes

Re: Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by joromi: 1:49pm On Dec 24, 2013
7 months...
On top 17k naira
Ka daa fun bobo Lebanese yen....

18 Likes

Re: Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by Nobody: 1:49pm On Dec 24, 2013
biodunid: Woman loses pregnancy after alleged kick from boss

A 34-year-old woman, Mrs. Alexandra Ossai, has accused her Lebanese boss, Kaveh Noine, of causing her to lose her seven-month-pregnancy after he kicked her in the stomach.

Ossai, who until December 13, 2013, was a supervisor with a Lebanese owned firm, Toppan Printing Company, alleged that Noine assaulted her many times during her eight months stay at the company.

Currently at a private hospital in the Fagba area of Lagos State, Ossai told PUNCH Metro that she had undergone emergency surgery four days after the kick to save her life as her placenta was said to have been damaged.

She said, “I started working at Toppan in April. I earn N17,000 salary and work from Monday to Saturday. Anytime Noine was annoyed, he would beat the person he was angry with. Sometimes, he would throw whatever he can lay his hands on at the person. Prior to that incident, Noine had slapped me many times.

“Noine had said he would hold me responsible for the shortcomings of the people I supervised. As a result, I often assisted my subordinates in their duties to make sure that Noine had nothing to complain about.”

Ossai said on December 12 2013, Noine had flown into a rage when he noticed something on the floor in her section.

“It was a container for a drug. That is what we do; we produce packets for drugs and perfumes. So when Noine saw one of such packets on the floor, he was so angry that he gave me a blow to the chest,” she recalled.

She said Noine subsequently went into his office and typed a termination letter for Ossai, which she refused to sign. Her refusal allegedly enraged him further and after verbally abusing her, he was said to have told her that it was her last warning.

The following day, Ossai ran into Noine while coming from his secretary’s office. Noine allegedly dragged Ossai back to the office and called her a wicked woman.

Ossai said, “He said I looked like a mad person. After abusing me, he hit me on my neck twice. Then, without warning, he kicked my stomach with his knee. Some co-workers were there but they did not intervene. I felt a sharp pain in my stomach.”

The mother of one, whose younger brother and sister also worked in the same company, said she prevailed on her siblings not to attack Noine when they heard the news.

“I never for once told my husband what I was going through at work. I didn’t want him to come and fight Noine. I pleaded with my siblings not to fight,” Ossai said.

Although the pains eventually subsided after two days, it was learnt that in the early hours of Monday, Decemebr 16, 2013, Ossai began to bleed. She was rushed to a private clinic at Fagba. She was told that her placenta had been damaged as a result of the kick and that she had to undergo emergency surgery to save her life.

She said, “I didn’t know that my baby had died until two days after the surgery. I was told my baby lost his face too due to the kick.”

She said a report was made at the Area F police command the following day by her aunt, Mrs. Olabisi Jaiyeoba.

Jaiyeoba said, “When Ossai’s husband and I were refused entry into the company, we went to report to the police. They accompanied us there and even had to force their way in. The administrative manager lied that Noine had travelled out of the country. But as of that Tuesday, he was still in the country. It was later that we learned that he travelled last Friday.”

Efforts to get a response from the Deputy Manager of Toppan printing Company, Mr. Abass Al-Souki, proved abortive as his phone number indicated that it was unreachable.

However, the admin manager, who declined to identify herself, told PUNCH Metro that the factory was closed for the Christmas holidays.

She said, “We closed for the holidays last Friday and would reopen on January 8 2013. I would not like to speak on that matter because it is already with the police. Also our company lawyer is on it. You can only get across to our management in January 2014.”

Legal counsel for Toppan, Mrs. Nnebe, said that she could not comment on the matter.

She said, “It would be best if you wait for the police to conclude their investigation. Ossai has only made an allegation. Let the police finish their investigation and then we would give our response.”

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Ngozi Braide, said, “The incident which occurred on Thursday was not reported to the police until Tuesday. It took about five days before it was reported. So when the police arrived at the suspect’s workplace, they were informed that he had travelled. It took a long time for the complainant to report the matter. But we are investigating.”

http://www.punchng.com/metro/woman-loses-pregnancy-after-alleged-kick-from-boss/

nawa!
Re: Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by ejifranks(m): 1:49pm On Dec 24, 2013
In my country Nigeria....

5 Likes

Re: Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by IamDebola: 1:50pm On Dec 24, 2013
Re: Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by nekaa(f): 1:50pm On Dec 24, 2013
too bad.
Re: Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by Onyenna(m): 1:52pm On Dec 24, 2013
Jeeeez!!! WTF!!!
Re: Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by AGgal(f): 1:53pm On Dec 24, 2013
Lebanese too?

1 Like

Re: Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by ebucha: 1:54pm On Dec 24, 2013
Make them kick that man too for gbewa/Amu till the hopeless thing scatter. What nonesense.
Re: Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by Smily202(m): 1:54pm On Dec 24, 2013
pix or didnt happen ...... #winks

1 Like

Re: Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by mysticgal(f): 1:57pm On Dec 24, 2013
If say na better money the boss the beat her ontop,i4 no talk but shikiri money of 17,000 thousand ah what a concombility,What a broke assed boss undecided
make sure say the woman collect complete money for damage and battery mtcheew.
this one pass"a broke man is an angry man!angry
Re: Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by benfen(m): 1:57pm On Dec 24, 2013
Letter from the woman or did not happen. This is a season of open letters.....
Re: Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by Odukes(m): 1:57pm On Dec 24, 2013
4tunebest: Unbelievable but not impossible

You went right into reasoning, any way a thorough investigation will help.
Re: Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by LMAyedun(m): 1:57pm On Dec 24, 2013
Na wah oh!
Re: Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by Chadso(m): 1:58pm On Dec 24, 2013
Wish I was the husband... He would have accompanied my baby back to heaven nd den he'll turn back to hell

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by Cubeet: 1:58pm On Dec 24, 2013
The stupid kora lebanese broke azz boss should be arrested for murder and attempted murder. Is dat how they treat their employees in that stupid country called lebanon?.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by Onyenna(m): 1:58pm On Dec 24, 2013
joromi: 7 months...
On top 17k naira
Ka daa fun bobo Lebanese yen....

This is just SOooo unbelievable!!!! ₦17k/month for that matter!!! I really need to verify this story ASAP! Phuck!!!
Re: Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by Toktee(m): 1:59pm On Dec 24, 2013
IamDebola: OP abeg check well well again, the guy na Lebanese abi Chinese ?
Na how e go dey practice kung-fu with our Nigerian sisters..
Iam waiting for a day that a chanese or hezbollah will try that nonsense to my relative,i will not only raze the company but also make sure i sent the bastard six feets down.
Re: Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by Aspetta(f): 1:59pm On Dec 24, 2013
I hope this is not true. Why did she wait so long before reporting and why did her boss travel out and refuse to reply? I hope she has witnesses though. It is a serious case.

4 Likes

Re: Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by chi4ik(m): 2:01pm On Dec 24, 2013
Even this hungry men Lebanese can humiliate us in our own Naija? That man is Lucky that I'm not close to Lagos, I would have done 2 him wat our grand fathers did to them. 6fit tinx........

4 Likes

Re: Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by moscobabs(m): 2:02pm On Dec 24, 2013
I beg is Nigeria an independence Country?? just asking ni ooo!!!

5 Likes

Re: Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by Cronyy: 2:02pm On Dec 24, 2013
We are still slaves in our land. It has been happening in all industries were these so called oyibo's head. Just that we are not courageous enough to confront them and our government is not helping matters at all

5 Likes

Re: Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by Onyenna(m): 2:02pm On Dec 24, 2013
AG.gal:
Lebanese too?

We've really suffered in this our country!!!!
Re: Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by Kessleek(m): 2:03pm On Dec 24, 2013
If na me be her husband or brother the exact hour when i for hear such news go be the same hour the labanese go reach mortuary
Re: Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by Cubeet: 2:04pm On Dec 24, 2013
that kora boss is an hezbollah fighter. He should be sent to Life imprisonment

4 Likes

Re: Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by grandstar(m): 2:05pm On Dec 24, 2013
17k too small. I spend that easily in a week. I need to control my spending. Are things that hard for people. Lets pray for God's Kingdom to come. (Matthew 6:9-10). Its the only solution (Rev 21:3-5)

Psalms 72:12-14 says

12 For he will rescue the poor who cry for help,
Also the lowly one and whoever has no helper.

13 He will have pity on the lowly and the poor,
And the lives* of the poor he will save.

14 From oppression and from violence he will rescue them,*
And their blood will be precious in his eyes.

We await the appointed king - Isaiah 9:6-7

5 Likes

Re: Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by Nobody: 2:05pm On Dec 24, 2013
7 months old ke?

If anything, she would've gone into labour and give birth to the baby as it is matured enough.
I choose not to believe this Super story

1 Like

Re: Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by Nobody: 2:07pm On Dec 24, 2013
Where is this human right lawyers when you need them. She really needs one now.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by Fadelex(m): 2:07pm On Dec 24, 2013
bbpreye.:

nawa!
beware public... yaba left escapee on d run

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Horrible Experience At A Military Event / Lady Narrates How Lagos Bus Conductor Returned Her Purse And Even Sent An Email / Chevening Scholarship Or A N240k Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.