Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

President Jonathan's Christmas Message To The Nation. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan's Christmas Message To The Nation. (11991 Views)

Doyin Okupe Blasts Critics Of Femi Adesina’s ‘wailing Wailers’ Christmas Message / President Buhari’s Christmas Message To Nigerians (must Read) / Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Christmas Message To The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan's Christmas Message To The Nation. by adbokus(m): 1:12pm On Dec 25, 2013
ado ok: i wish this is your last xmas as nigerian president.get it right we are hungry and tired, coupled with insecurity
indecorous, vacuous and vulgar! However, Mr. President Nigerians are hungry(for a better deal), exhausted and kyphosed as a result of the cascade of mind-shattering experiences daily faced. Your administration promised so much at its inception and we all didn't fail whet our with with anticipation but years on we are left disillusioned, besieged and 'raped' by da very one we hoped on... Despite this, some of us incurable optimists still believe in ur capacity to deliver the dividends but time is against u! There4, in the spirit of the season may God grant u the liberty to be firm, transparent and the impatience to approach the task with expediency and meticulousness.. God bless Nigeria and all in the land!
Re: President Jonathan's Christmas Message To The Nation. by shineeye1: 1:16pm On Dec 25, 2013
MAYOWAAK: Africans imagine this if you can:

Imagine that a Beautiful Virgin African woman from Ghana or Nigeria went to Jerusalem, Rome or Mecca and proclaim that, “I am the mother of god” or, “I am the mother of the son of god” also, “It was god who impregnated me” and, “all of you ungodly people and all of your offspring will worship and respect my very black African son of god forever, because salvation is of the Africans”

What do you think the Jews, the Caucasians & the Arabs would say & do to this beautiful African Queen, even if she was telling them the truth?

I will let you Africans answer that question for yourself.

My question to you my fellow Africans, is, why don’t you treat this unknown Jewish woman and her outlandish story in the same manner that you know that the Jews, Caucasians, & Arabs, would treat our Beautiful Virgin African Queen and her story?

WAKE UP AFRICA, DO UNTO THEM AND THEIR STORIES AS THEY WOULD DO UNTO YOURS!!!

Please disinfect your mind of morbid racism. The prejudice of one race cannot be made better by you following suit. The world would be a better place if lesser reasoning would upgrade and stop public denigration of what others venerate.
Re: President Jonathan's Christmas Message To The Nation. by Nobody: 1:16pm On Dec 25, 2013

As we commemorate the birth of the Prince of Peace, let us all strive to honour Him more by living our lives as He taught; by making personal sacrifices for the good of others, by showing greater love for others, by being fairer and more honest in our dealings with others, by being ever-willing to forgive those who offend us and by always extending goodwill towards others.

Goodluck Ebele Jonathan
President,
Federal Republic of Nigeria

http://www.ynaija.com/president-jonathan-wishes-you-a-joyful-christmas-read/?[/quote]
sacrifices indeed by makin the masses suffer uhh.
he suppose to indicate wat he gon pull out subsidy from again 1 1 2014
Re: President Jonathan's Christmas Message To The Nation. by curtain: 1:24pm On Dec 25, 2013
Thank u sir for the immense leadership and natural resources contribution of you and your region to nigeria, we pray that you continue so that we can benefit from the oil coming from your region, most especially since we know that the end of your administration marks the end of the crude oil production and equal distribution to other part of nigeria. God bless u.
Re: President Jonathan's Christmas Message To The Nation. by robi55(m): 1:31pm On Dec 25, 2013
ado ok: i wish this is your last xmas as nigerian president.get it right we are hungry and tired, coupled with insecurity
somtimes u just shut ur mouth if u hav notin important to say,EWU
Re: President Jonathan's Christmas Message To The Nation. by hopilo: 1:40pm On Dec 25, 2013
you have always been hungry before jonathan and you will continue to be hungry after Jonathan. Lazy fool
Re: President Jonathan's Christmas Message To The Nation. by yormite: 2:03pm On Dec 25, 2013
patriotic007: A message of peace will always be dry to you because violence is in your DNA,....your name says it all
osama92 am calling jack bauer and tony almelda to arrest u must b a terrorist
Re: President Jonathan's Christmas Message To The Nation. by dinggle: 2:11pm On Dec 25, 2013
The president would have been in a better position had he not said a word. It is insulting on Nigerians for the president to be wishing them Christmas, I remember the president's surprise gift package to Nigerians in 2012, I and my family decided not to travel this time around. I wish this man will apologize to Nigerians or resign. He has drifted too far away from the Nigerian dream. His govt stinks as days go by. Killing the dream of the children unborn is the worst harm to any nation.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Christmas Message To The Nation. by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 25, 2013
Merry Christmas Mr. President!

Just know that I will NEVER cease to pray for you; that the spirit of wisdom and understanding garrisons your heart and mind. That the right men and women surrounds you to give you godly counsel.

I love you sir!
Re: President Jonathan's Christmas Message To The Nation. by buskie13(m): 3:34pm On Dec 25, 2013
Osama92: Dry message.....
water it pls.
Re: President Jonathan's Christmas Message To The Nation. by buskie13(m): 3:40pm On Dec 25, 2013

Imagine that a Beautiful Virgin African woman from Ghana or Nigeria went to Jerusalem, Rome or Mecca and proclaim that, “I am the mother of god” or, “I am the mother of the son of god” also, “It was god who impregnated me” and, “all of you ungodly people and all of your offspring will worship and respect my very black African son of god forever, because salvation is of the Africans”

What do you think the Jews, the Caucasians & the Arabs would say & do to this beautiful African Queen, even if she was telling them the truth?

My question to you my fellow Africans, is, why don’t you treat this unknown Jewish woman and her outlandish story in the same manner that you know that the Jews, Caucasians, & Arabs, would treat our Beautiful Virgin African Queen and her story?

i cant believe that there are some kinda dumb ppl here on Nairaland.
SMH
My guy,you need an encounter with God.
Re: President Jonathan's Christmas Message To The Nation. by Validated: 4:11pm On Dec 25, 2013

The things of the Spirits are beyond human comprehension. That is why you believe that there is life after death even if you have not seen or thought of as to how?, why? or even where?

YOU NEED TO WAKE UP BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!
Re: President Jonathan's Christmas Message To The Nation. by ijezie4: 4:27pm On Dec 25, 2013

so very silly. don't be a hater
Re: President Jonathan's Christmas Message To The Nation. by Nobody: 4:30pm On Dec 25, 2013
adesewa4u@yahoo:
Mi self dey celebrate.....Adesewa celebrates all Nairalanderz
I like dis exclusive look, what an elegant out fit,.contact me lets fix our weddy am damn sorry,..

Re: President Jonathan's Christmas Message To The Nation. by Nobody: 5:06pm On Dec 25, 2013
odua boy: We know you are already enjoying your 1billion naira christmas food in Arsehole rock with madam shepopotamus while majority of Nigerians are still going hungry.

With your standby generating set while nigerians are celebrating in total darkness.

So President Jonathan kindly do us a favour by shoving your merry christmas where the sun dont shine.

Your foul air[fresh air] must be fumigated by all means come 2015 before it suffocates Nigerians into extinction.

Goodluck jonathan=Badluck Nigeria
if he no chop it who will,..bad bell kill u...na him right,..wen OBJ dey eat una quict,..if u don't it then GO AN DIE
Re: President Jonathan's Christmas Message To The Nation. by SHAAWA: 6:09pm On Dec 25, 2013
After hearing his speech at the church on NTA now, i rushed to read this. He mentioned something about people writing letters that they ought not to have written. I did not see that here.
Re: President Jonathan's Christmas Message To The Nation. by Bushdiri(m): 6:11pm On Dec 25, 2013
You will die before your time, you fucker.
Re: President Jonathan's Christmas Message To The Nation. by SHAAWA: 6:15pm On Dec 25, 2013
It's official MAYOWAAk and Ado Ok are the official bad boys of this thread. Ado funny, Mayowaak silly.
Re: President Jonathan's Christmas Message To The Nation. by yemobrown(m): 6:16pm On Dec 25, 2013
merry Xmas Mr President.
Re: President Jonathan's Christmas Message To The Nation. by bettermike: 6:20pm On Dec 25, 2013
Italiano1: Mr Jonathan,

Many thanks for your Christmas wishes and I wish you the same. However, don't you think you are patronizing your so called "Compatriots" by wishing them a joyful Christmas? As the President of the nation, surely you must have the facts and statistics on the living conditions of the "common man" in the country you are leading; I would wager that you have not familiarized yourself with the realities on ground, hence why you have the audacity to write a meaningless Christmas message as if that would appease your "compatriots" and change their unfortunate situations.

I will give you a brief summary of the challenges that most Nigerians face for your perusal and maybe you can appreciate the extent of your failure as a leader:

1. The current official inflation rate in Nigeria is circa 13% at (2012) estimates

2. The current national unemployment rate stands at 24% and it becomes very worrying when you consider that the Youth unemployment rate is an estimated 38%

3. An estimated 55% of Nigerians live below the poverty line (the accepted threshold is put at $1.25 dollars a day- which translates to just under 200 naira a day) 200 Naira is about the price of buying Gala and a can/bottle of Coke in most shops.

4. Nigerian students have not attended Classes in higher institutions since July 2013 because of your gross ineptitude and maladministration of the educational sector.

5. Your government increased the price of Fuel in 2012 by over 100% and you claimed that it was meant to make the prices more competitive and rid the industry of cartels who profit from lower prices in an Oil producing country. Incidentally, racketeering and smuggling have geometrically increased since you imposed this increase on your compatriots. Out of your so called "magnanimity" you set up bogus "palliative" instruments to alleviate the effects of your actions- this has turned out to be another charade.

It is absolutely disingenuous of you to wish Nigerians a good Christmas when it is obvious that you know that the average citizen is facing untold hardship and can hardly make ends meet. Your usual retort would be that you met the country in a bad state which to some extent is correct, however, can you look yourself in the mirror and say that Nigerians are better off since you assumed office? Of course not! Corruption under your watch has skyrocketed and the most pathetic part is that you do not consider it a problem- well going by your shocking comments during the last Presidential chat where you indicated that Corruption is over exaggerated in Nigeria- what a ridiculous statement! Your subordinates and political associates are busy enriching themselves at the expense of Nigerians while you are busy deceiving Nigerians.

Your wife and yourself seek medical treatment outside the shores of this country at the expense of Nigerians while you have not facilitated any viable and practical provision of basic health care for your "compatriots" . Jonathan, you have no right to wish Nigerians a good Christmas because you do not mean it and your actions as President has definitely not reflected those wishes.

Mr Jonathan, please keep the nonsensical and hypocritical Christmas wishes to yourself and stop patronizing Nigerians- you do not care about them.
SUPERB-FANTASTICO!
Re: President Jonathan's Christmas Message To The Nation. by bettermike: 6:36pm On Dec 25, 2013
L.M Ayedun..:
President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, in the spirit of the Yuletide season, sent out a Christmas message to the Nation.

The message read:

Dear Compatriots, I greet and felicitate with you all as we celebrate Christmas once again. I join our Christian compatriots and all other Nigerians in giving thanks to God Almighty whose Grace and Benevolence has helped our nation to overcome the many challenges it has had since we celebrated Christmas last year.

The annual commemoration of the birth of our Lord, Jesus Christ is a most auspicious time for us, as individuals and as a nation, to rededicate ourselves to the virtues and ideals which the Messiah preached and exemplified during his earthly ministry.

Let us all therefore resolve this Christmas to make the ideals of peace, harmony, tolerance, love and goodwill to all even more manifest in our interactions with others.

It remains my sincere belief that no height of human accomplishment is beyond us as a nation, if we can overcome our differences, such as they are, and forge a binding national consensus to put the progress and well-being of the country above all other considerations.

My administration will do all within its powers and abilities to ensure that when representatives of our people assemble for the forthcoming national conference next year, they will have every opportunity and encouragement to make very significant contributions towards forging the required consensus for sustained national peace, unity and progress.

It is also my expectation that the national conference will contribute in no small measure towards the urgent resolution of contentious issues which currently hinder our progress as a nation.

With God Almighty as our Guide, Strength and Enabler, My Administration will continue to implement its Agendafor National Transformation in furtherance of its avowed commitment to improving the living conditions of all Nigerians.

We will continue to count on the prayers, support and cooperation of all patriotic Nigerians in the coming year as we consolidate and build on our achievements in several sectors including national security, power supply, communications, transportation, health and education.

As we commemorate the birth of the Prince of Peace, let us all strive to honour Him more by living our lives as He taught; by making personal sacrifices for the good of others, by showing greater love for others, by being fairer and more honest in our dealings with others, by being ever-willing to forgive those who offend us and by always extending goodwill towards others.

On behalf of myself, my family and the Federal Government, I wish you all very joyful Christmas celebrations, and a peaceful and prosperous 2014.

Goodluck Ebele Jonathan
President,
Federal Republic of Nigeria

http://www.ynaija.com/president-jonathan-wishes-you-a-joyful-christmas-read/?
I Laugh in masqueradian. So yall didnt see the trick in this manipulator's message huh. Ok let me show you. You see, brothers and sisters, this xmas msg wasnt realy meant to wish you a merry xmas. It was meant to remind us of the national confab next year! Gbam!! Jonathan knows that the only way to win election in nigeria is to manipulate nigerians sorry bottoms. How? Give them what they want to hear. Just imagine, he had no shoes (manipulation), yet he gladly removed subsidy on fuel in his very first term! It took a massive campaign to get him to resind. And now, he know's he's fast losing followership cum 2015 and this is his new TRICK. As usual, gullible nigerians arent seeing a gaddam thang! SMH!
Re: President Jonathan's Christmas Message To The Nation. by MAYOWAAK: 7:03pm On Dec 25, 2013
I just laugh and shake my head when i hear Africans shout slavery MUST end yet they still hold tight to slavery tool called Christmas...

The two pictures below signify African belief and European belief system but the one which represents African belief system is seen as evil by African just because the white man who enslaved his forefathers said so.

SANGO was a living legendary king that actually lived among the Yoruba people and actually ruled the OYO empire. The myth about him was said that he spit fire from his mouth. For sure he lived.

SANTA CLAUS = SATAN LUCAS (reverse the letters)........Millions of Africans who claimed to be Christians don't even know where the concept came yet they still gullibly greet me Merry Xmas.

I called one of my former classmate yesterday who happened to be a Japaneses to wish him Merry Christmas and his answer was.....tell that Jesus to give his life to Buddha.

Africa will remain slave to Europe until to drop their slavery tool

Merry Mithra day to you all

Re: President Jonathan's Christmas Message To The Nation. by TheLastNazgul(m): 8:25pm On Dec 25, 2013
MAYOWAAK: I just laugh and shake my head when i hear Africans shout slavery MUST end yet they still hold tight to slavery tool called Christmas...

The two pictures below signify African belief and European belief system but the one which represents African belief system is seen as evil by African just because the white man who enslaved his forefathers said so.

SANGO was a living legendary king that actually lived among the Yoruba people and actually ruled the OYO empire. The myth about him was said that he spit fire from his mouth. For sure he lived.

SANTA CLAUS = SATAN LUCAS (reverse the letters)........Millions of Africans who claimed to be Christians don't even know where the concept came yet they still gullibly greet me Merry Xmas.

I called one of my former classmate yesterday who happened to be a Japaneses to wish him Merry Christmas and his answer was.....tell that Jesus to give his life to Buddha.

Africa will remain slave to Europe until to drop their slavery tool

Merry Mithra day to you all
You have obviously had one too many drinks. What you need right now is a nice, warm, comfy bed.
Re: President Jonathan's Christmas Message To The Nation. by Bukingg2: 9:42pm On Dec 25, 2013
Those who wish Bro Jonathan that this will be his last massage as a president of nigeria, please I advice you don't put over your dead body so that what happened to the kings attenders in book of kings chapter 7v1 won't happen to, who said that even if God will use his hand to do what elisha prophecie about wont happen, so if u say over yor dead body that means you will dye but Bro J till 2019... tongue
Re: President Jonathan's Christmas Message To The Nation. by GentleFrank(m): 7:56am On Dec 26, 2013
Good !
Re: President Jonathan's Christmas Message To The Nation. by Andemduncan(m): 9:31am On Dec 26, 2013
. This show that even ur father wasn't a gud leader in his home.
Re: President Jonathan's Christmas Message To The Nation. by spenca: 10:54am On Dec 26, 2013
Esdb: C dis one dt wants t abuse d president yet he does nt knw he's sex...Seun U need to start doing medical check-ups for some people before they become memberz fa...

You are xoxo dumb that you can't recognize sarcasm when you see one inflated foolishness has overtaken your life...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Commissions Hospital Named After Her In Kebbi / President Buhari Cancels Trip To Niger Republic / PDP To Probe Bayelsa And Kogi Elections And Those Who Cost Them Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.